IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 8- Me, me, me missionary

samurai_sarah

6 minutes ago, Marshmallow World said:

He's missing B) It was all a crock of shit.

Sorry. I think the missing b was my fault in the way it posted. B is that they've changed the laws. 

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm astounded.  I never expected John to address the missing plane at all. 

1 hour ago, Freejin said:

Sorry. I think the missing b was my fault in the way it posted. B is that they've changed the laws. 

Oh, I figured! It's just that I feel like my version is more accurate :pb_lol:

2 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I'm astounded.  I never expected John to address the missing plane at all. 

Maybe he got tired of everyone and their mother hounding him about it.

I don't buy it any of those options.  The missionary with the dead spouse?--the Shraders have been over there, what, three years now? I'm finding it a little hard to believe that it was impossible to mail the keys, or pass them to a trusted missionary/merchant, or even for John to take that big-ass Troopie out on a road trip.  No place to put it, or no guarantee it could be made legal?  The darned thing is sitting SOMEWHERE: get the keys and sell it as-is to a local to cut the losses.

My vote is that J got suckered into buying a pile of rusty parts.

I'm just waiting on the Lord. I've asked Him many times about this. Seems confusing, some have been negative,

:roll: When you make bad choices, just blame God. No shit people have been negative about you spending that much money on a plane and flight lessons that are a total waste. I'm guessing that he was forced to bring it up because too many of his supporting churches were demanding to know what happened to that damn plane.

You know how hard I worked and how excited I was to get my "wings"

This is all about John. He worked so hard, he is misses flying, he is disappointed. He is trying to spin this because he was forced into admitting he will never fly that plane or fly in Zambia ever. 

Maybe there never was a plane. Maybe the $15,000 is keeping the non-working Shraders afloat. 

On 6/11/2016 at 1:58 PM, jingerspice said:

Screenshot_2016-06-11-08-43-44.png

Brilliant, just brilliant.  John and Jace are on opposite sides of the brain/heart dichotomy.  John is living from the neck up and Jace is all heart.  I have to believe that Jesus would think John is a tedious PITA (Dude, pleeease!) and Jace is pretty awesome.  (Bro, some dudes and I are goin' around forgiving people and feeding them and loving the poorest of the poor.  Wanna hang with us?)

11 hours ago, samira_catlover said:

I don't buy it any of those options.  The missionary with the dead spouse?--the Shraders have been over there, what, three years now? I'm finding it a little hard to believe that it was impossible to mail the keys, or pass them to a trusted missionary/merchant, or even for John to take that big-ass Troopie out on a road trip.  No place to put it, or no guarantee it could be made legal?  The darned thing is sitting SOMEWHERE: get the keys and sell it as-is to a local to cut the losses.

My vote is that J got suckered into buying a pile of rusty parts.

For real, though. If he shelled out the money, he should expect to be able to access the plane that he bought. The other missionary has no legal right to keep him from it. It's been 2 years, there are ways to mail things securely, even to Zambia. Hell, John was back in the US last year, and his parents have come to visit him in Zambia, he should have made a point to get the keys. Unless, of course, that's a pile of horseshit. As far as not having somewhere to keep the plane, why couldn't they leave it where it's currently being stored?

I also very seriously doubt the aviation regs have actually changed, John probably just didn't bother to research them in the first place. This is the same guy who moved his entire family to the other side of the world without any Visas, or even housing lined up. He never would have been able to fly that plane in Zambia without way more training.

People looked up while he was taking flight lessons and discussed how he wouldn't be able to fly in Zambia. He is just making stuff up because he purchased a pile of junk and didn't research the laws of Zambia. 

"Every time I see a single engine aircraft in the sky (which isn't often here in Zambia), I get a little misty eyed missing being up there. It's been so long. Way too long.

God knows."

He sounds so dramatic! Misty-eyed about single engine aircraft? You'd think he was missing a family member or something. Get a life, John! There are many people who don't have airplanes. 

14 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

He sounds so dramatic! Misty-eyed about single engine aircraft? You'd think he was missing a family member or something. Get a life, John! There are many people who don't have airplanes. 

He doesn't even get "misty-eyed" about his late sister. He just writes condescending posts about how people should abandon chemo for juicing because chemo is so miserably unsuccessful :pb_rollseyes:

IF he indeed bought this plane from a "missionary," I question whether that person is even legit.

As I recall, he found a "deal" online and purchased it.  Perhaps he wrote the seller, explaining what he was going to use it for and the seller said, "Oh!  It will be perfect for that use.  I, too, am a missionary!"

So, sight unseen, John grifts the money and sends it to this so-called missionary.  Now, another poster from the church that dropped John's support told us that the plane ended up being a piece of junk.  So, maybe the key to this piece of junk is still in the hands of the slick seller.  Maybe when the person sold the junk to John, he told him it was missing the key but he'd send it to John...after his return to Zambia, because this supposed missionary's wife died.

It's all very fishy and totally unbelievable.  John needs to ask God to forgive him, he needs to asks the donors of the $15,000 to forgive him, and he needs to confess to his part in all this wrong-doing.  How stupid is any human being to pay so little for a plane he's only seen a picture of?  

Then again, can you imagine how insufferable John would be with an airplane?  We'd have tons of selfies of him posing with the plane, him flying the plane, shots of villages from the plane, and so on.  

My personal belief leads me to the conclusion that if God had wanted John to have a functional airplane and wanted him flying it around in Zambia, John would have a plane.

6 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Maybe there never was a plane. Maybe the $15,000 is keeping the non-working Shraders afloat. 

I'm starting to think it might be this. Didn't he (or maybe it was Rea) make a big deal about posting pictures of some kind of printer? There would have absolutely been pictures of the mysterious plane at some point. John would have wanted to brag.

23 hours ago, Freejin said:

The plane!! He's posting about the plane! Says he misses flying and then someone asked what happened to the plane. His response:

John Esther Shrader

A) The missionary that has the plane sadly lost his wife to cancer, he's still out of the country.  They've changed the aviation laws C) We don't have a place to put the plane right now D) Even if we did, no guarantee that it could be made legal due to law and rule changes

Aviation laws were not changed. They are just as strict in Zambia now as they were two years ago when John arrived. He was NEVER going to fly that plane ( even if it isn't a pile of nuts and bolts in a trolley!!!!!

Since when has he given the smallest shit about the law anyway? He seems pretty happy to ignore (or ,at least, skirt round the edge of it) when it suits him.

I'm sure John had visions of being a missionary Sky King type, with excited villagers waiting on a bush landing strip yelling, "Da Plane! Da Plane!"  Then, there'd be joyful celebration in the village for his arrival, with a feast and non-defrauding dance. In reality, if he'd showed up with the damned whiteboard, but without mail, medicine, food, tools, seeds, parts, shoes, etc, people would be pretty damned pissed. 

I hope someone with knowledge of Zambia will speak up, but I'm assuming there are still villages in roadless areas, and, if so, how many of these villages would have a maintained landing strip?  

Even if John had a functional plane, he could never afford to store it, have it serviced and maintained by competent mechanics and pay for aviation fuel. 

Actual plane or no plane, John fell for an internet scam, pure and simple.  He gave away other people's money and has nothing to show for it.  How that's different from his current situation (takes other people's money and has nothing to show for it) I'm not sure. 

Personally, I'm glad there is no plane, because my sense is that John would end up as a footnote -- a missing missionary whose plane went down in a remote area with at least a few of his kids or a translator. 

There was a missionary aviation school at one time that not only taught its students to fly, but taught them how to service their own small airplanes.  These students knew how to do their own repairs, rebuild engines, and do regular maintenance in the event they actually would be living and flying in very remote areas.  This training wasn't a series of lessons.  This was an actual school where they had to live and take other classes to equip them to live in another culture.

IF John were able to borrow a plane and get it off the ground, if it broke upon landing, he'd be helplessly stranded.  

But, no worries.  I checked.  It's against Zambian aviation laws for a missionary to fly an internet scam in that country's airspace without a signed affidavit, from the missionary, attesting that he's incompetent to surf the internet, much less fly a plane and will adhere to the restriction of kite-flying, only.

John go to a residential school where he learned to do something that was actual work and useful?  I don't see that happening.

1 hour ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

F John were able to borrow a plane and get it off the ground, if it broke upon landing, he'd be helplessly stranded.  

Tee hee.  I'm sure the locals would take care of that in order to get the insufferable John out of there ASAP.  THEN, there'd be celebration, dancing and feasting.    :my_biggrin:

He's outdone himself!  That post is the Queen Mary of John's narcissistic posts.

1 hour ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

He's outdone himself!  That post is the Queen Mary of John's narcissistic posts.

dear Lord...i don't know whether to laugh or cry...that is one of the weirdest things i have ever read!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived