IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 8- Me, me, me missionary

samurai_sarah

God forbid they start with a couple dozen and see how it goes. Nope, gotta start with 600! Although I didn't see any actual chickens in the pictures so I also wouldn't be surprised if it never actually happens.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm beginning to think John is the Nicole Naugler of Zambia! Why learn anything ahead of time? It's all #unschooling!

2 hours ago, bertnee said:

God forbid they start with a couple dozen and see how it goes. Nope, gotta start with 600! Although I didn't see any actual chickens in the pictures so I also wouldn't be surprised if it never actually happens.

For the sake of the chickens, I hope this is true.  :pray:

600 chickens, in that space?

Do these men actually want to run some kind of chicken battery farm, or is John using them as cheap labour?

3 hours ago, ILoveJellybeans said:

600 chickens, in that space?

Do these men actually want to run some kind of chicken battery farm, or is John using them as cheap labour?

Can they dig wells?

3 hours ago, Marshmallow World said:

Can they dig wells?

Now I have visions of a few hundred chickens feverishly digging with tiny shiny spades trying to escape. Maybe the chickens will dig wells to earn their keep?

:chicken:

i am on my way back from Zambia, a lot of news and explanation on John's recent behavior. I did see him and the trooper twice. Once I catch up on everything I will post the information. By the way he will never ever fly the magical plane-he needs an international commercial license plus pay the aviation tax on the plane, poor planning equals failure.

Did you see Esther?  I worry about her a lot.

Is John boys smirk as smirkish in real life?

Lots of questions!

:pizza:

On 7/8/2016 at 9:22 AM, guitar_villain said:

Speaking as a guy who builds web sites pretty frequently, that layout, color scheme and the just about everything else are clearly the work of Satan.

Seriously, it's like looking at Mirsky's Worst of the Web from 1998.

I think there are only 3 fonts used. To be truly awful, he would have to change fonts randomly throughout the body of the text. But, I totally agree! The layout is awful: pictures randomly places, shaped differently, some with soft edges, some with hard edges, awful background. LOL

On 7/8/2016 at 10:43 PM, colliemae said:

I'm beginning to think John is the Nicole Naugler of Zambia! Why learn anything ahead of time? It's all #unschooling!

You bit it on the head! He is Nicole in Africa: plans, promises, and unplanning. As long as uses an actual toilet, he is (maybe) one step ahead of her. Because of how he treats his family, he is twelve steps behind her.

14 hours ago, countressrascal said:

i am on my way back from Zambia, a lot of news and explanation on John's recent behavior. I did see him and the trooper twice. Once I catch up on everything I will post the information. By the way he will never ever fly the magical plane-he needs an international commercial license plus pay the aviation tax on the plane, poor planning equals failure.

<rubs hands in anticipation while awaiting your post>  :confusion-waiting:

OK, haven't been to the Shrader page for ages--can someone give me a fill-in on a few questions?

• 600 chickens?---for eggs, or meat? How are they gonna clean/store the eggs or carcasses for later use?  
  • Isn't that going to take a LOT of henhouse, water, and feed?  If boughten, those birdies are gonna cost a lot.
  • Did John's missions training have *anything* on animal care in-country? Does he have 4-H or Peace Corps or Heifer Int'l. assistance?
  • Did they ever do any farming stateside, even armchair homesteading with lots of books?

*puts out wine, chocolates, goodies, and a nice comfy chair for @countressrascal---travel safe, hon, and hope you got LOTS of pics*

You bring up excellent points that someone with an actual plan and/or half a brain would have thought about before coercing Zambian "brothers" to build a massive chicken house, but this is John Shrader here!! He doesn't need all the answers, because God has them all!!

10 hours ago, samira_catlover said:

OK, haven't been to the Shrader page for ages--can someone give me a fill-in on a few questions?

• 600 chickens?---for eggs, or meat?  The Lord will decide. How are they gonna clean/store the eggs or carcasses for later use?  The Lord will provide a way.
  • Isn't that going to take a LOT of henhouse, water, and feed?  The Lord will provide! If boughten, those birdies are gonna cost a lot. The Lord will provide!!!!
  • Did John's missions training have *anything* on animal care in-country? Lol @ John having "training" in anything even slightly relevant to improving the lives of the people he's "ministering" to.  Does he have 4-H or Peace Corps or Heifer Int'l. assistance?  Does John have the Lord? That's all he needs.
  • Did they ever do any farming stateside, even armchair homesteading with lots of books? He's read the KJV Bible, in which there are several stories about fields of wheat and separating chafe and leading sheep, so I mean, that's probably the same to John.

Also let's be honest, John only wanted some Facebook likes and donations. When it's time to do actual work for the chicken business, he'll suddenly be called by the Lord to share some passive-aggressive memes on Facebook. And I'm still waiting to see some actual chickens. And do the Zambian guys even want to sell/raise/whatever 600 chickens???

Yesterday Shrader put up a request for more prayers for Zambia as the country is still dealing with partisan violence. He reminds us that most Zambians are peaceful, and it's only a handful of agitators who are acting out, just like violence in the US can be blamed on BlackLivesMatter protesters. But John's not racist, not at all :pb_rollseyes:

He followed up with an article called "Racism and the Gospel", which really explains nothing about either one. It's just a story of a man who was able to bring a black visitor to Jesus through his sermon. Basic takeaway: just ignore race and preach Bible at everyone, and everything will be fine!

12 hours ago, samira_catlover said:

• 600 chickens?---for eggs, or meat? How are they gonna clean/store the eggs or carcasses for later use? 

He did say they are going to "kick off the first batch" of chickens, which makes me think mostly meat. Which also begs the question, to whom are they going to be selling the chickens (or eggs), and is there really a market for that many animals? Their ability to travel, especially with fresh food products, is limited. Is John trying to take over yet another person's (or multiple people's) livelihood? 
Otherwise, I concur with @bertnee's analysis.

It's not going to be 600 chickens. He will get 600 eggs to hatch, of course none will hatch. If any do they won't be chickens.

I don't know what will happen but whatever it is the t will be a disaster.

The person who said this earlier was right on target: This is Nicole Naugler kind of planning and chicken poo rather than human poo.

Same story; different crazy family.

I'm going to go hard boil some eggs and enjoy the drama. :popcorn:Where's the best place to read his words directly?

Actually, 600 hatching eggs actually makes it sound more reasonable. :P Assume a 25% hatch rate (which seems pretty average if the eggs have been transported vs hatching frmo your own hens) and that's 150 birds. I50 meat birds isn't an unreasonable amount for a homesteader to do in a year.

Part 1

I was in Zambia for work, the first week I attended the International Conference of Midwives that was held in Kafue, which was my first sighting of John Boy and Truthmoblie or whatever he calls it. My luggage did not want to go to Zambia so it went some place else, I was on my fourth day without luggage and I needed underwear, so a couple that are medical missionaries in Kafue took me to an international store to buy some, guess who was there shopping John boy and 5 of his children (3 boys & 2 girls), he had a back brace on, so I guess the medical issues are back pain. They were coming out kids loaded up the car while John boy was annoying people for jesus. There were stickers all over the car- if you die today do you know where you will go? Only truth is in the Lord that kind of BS-all in English. Couple that I was with just went off about him-he is known in the missionary community as a “lazy do nothing person” –“ Food for Souls” they will not call him a missionary. They explained that until about 5 yrs. ago when Patriotic Front took over the government, to get a resident/work VISA, which all missionaries must have, to enter the country you had to have purpose to improve the lives of people of Zambia i.e. start a school, medical clinic/services or economic development. Then Pres. Sata decided that the country needed religious guidance, so he loosens the VISA requirements, Patriotic Front party are born again Christian, example Pres Lungu (current) called for a nationwide week of fasting and prayers to resolve the economic problems, which are bad, poverty rate has jumped 60% since Jan 2015.  Then the vehicle-he drives around like he is the king and they do real work and have an old beat up Toyota van. He doesn’t need the vehicle he has there are paved roads through out the country.  People I was with did go up an talk to him and asked about Esther, he was very aloff when he talked to them, like he was better than them. I loved it that they asked him if they would see Esther in their clinic to be fitted with an IUD after the baby is born, they knew that would get rid of him. His reaction was worth the interaction.

After a week there my students and Count with his residents went off to rural clinics to do the real work that we came over to do, train medical workers and provide medical services. One thing that I realized, majority of men in Zambia are lazy, so John boy fits in-women walk 2 hrs a day to get water or food, they tend to the gardens and small animals that they keep for food and money. Men follow these missionaries around go to services help build things for them. I noticed that the majority of people in churches are men because the women have to make sure their children are taken care of. Even the college students that come over do more work than a majority of men. Another note John lives much better than majority of missionaries that do real work do. The place where we lived did not have an ice maker nor washer/dryer.

Part 2 will happen tonight, I have to get the grades turned in today, so my students get credit for their work.  It will cover DaPlane, second interaction and if there is time why he is raising chickens.

Thank you Countressrascal! Can't wait for part 2. Perhaps he is wearing a back brace because of all the hard work building the chicken coop?!!!!!!!

:cocktail: For you for later.

Interesting that he already has a bit of reputation among other missionaries. 

Looking forward to part 2!

No Part 2 tonight my granddaughter broke her arm 

Oh no! Poor her, and poor you. Hope it's a nice clean fracture that will heal quickly and with as little pain/distress as possible. This probably seems trivial, but it's not a nice time of year to wear a cast. She has my sympathy. Sending love to all of you, and thanks for posting to keep us in the loop

Sending get well wishes to your granddaughter Countessrascal. Hope she is feeling better and not finding her cast to uncomfortable.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived