IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 8- Me, me, me missionary

samurai_sarah

8 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

"God gave us a plane" just makes them sound like assholes. :puke-left:

It sort of pleases me that they didn't really get handed a functional, expensive aircraft for free. I do feel sorry for whoever felt the need to front the $15,000 however. 

With any luck, the $15,000 was a tax write-off.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"God gave us an airplane"...I hear this in some form A LOT.  
J. Swaggart:  "God provided $4,000,000 this month so we could stay on the air another 30 days"
Local Minister:  "God provided $300 so we could recarpet the daycare center".
As a non-believer, can someone tell me how the people that actually donate the cash feel when God gets all the credit?

Annnddd....  When John was contemplating this plane purchase, and (I'm sure) hinting at funds for it, what did he say he needed it for?

8 hours ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

Anyone got some swamp land in Florida they wanna sell John?

Most of my area is under water right now, and I've been thinking of selling.  :kitty-wink:

8 minutes ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

As a non-believer, can someone tell me how the people that actually donate the cash feel when God gets all the credit?

They probably feel fantastic. It's like God has CHOSEN them to help make some amazing thing happen, and they get to feel extra super special. Bonus points in their Afterlife Account.

11 minutes ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Annnddd....  When John was contemplating this plane purchase, and (I'm sure) hinting at funds for it, what did he say he needed it for?

He was going to fly into the bush and deliver the word of God to people who have never heard it. Or have only heard from heretics. He's always had a hard time remembering that it's 2016 and not 1916.

2 hours ago, slickcat79 said:

He was going to fly into the bush and deliver the word of God to people who have never heard it. Or have only heard from heretics. He's always had a hard time remembering that it's 2016 and not 1916.

Yup. Most of the "bush" (though I would prefer to call it "rural" area) is accessible by dirt roads and 2-wheel drive. 

Don't forget he also begged for money to buy a fancy Troupie so he could go out "ministering" (or something) in the bush. Somebody spent a lot of $$$ on that, too. Has John posted about driving to small villages in the bush to preach? Nope, he uses it to drive around town and haul home groceries.

10 hours ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

Step right up, folks!  Git'chur baptism and martyrdom right here at Rev'rend John's Alligator Farm--easy 'n quick.  Two fer one!  Them gators'll bite so fast you won't realize you've passed...passed on to the pearly gates, that is.

12 hours ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

12 hours ago, Granwych said:

Opportunity knocks!  John can start an alligator farm with a special pool for believers to be baptized with 'gators! 

Step right up, folks!  Git'chur baptism and martyrdom right here at Rev'rend John's Alligator Farm--easy 'n quick.  Two fer one!  Them gators'll bite so fast you won't realize you've passed...passed on to the pearly gates, that is.

Sorry for the thread drift, but this reminded me of a mystery series I started reading a few years back, The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency. Charming books, and a friend who's lived in Africa tells me it's respectfully written.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_No._1_Ladies'_Detective_Agency

One of the mysteries she solves in the first book is a disappearance during a baptism, if I'm remembering right. And, yeah. Rivers may not be the best places.

On 7 June 2016 at 9:40 AM, Coy Koi said:

Until I read this comment I actually thought John was the dad in the picture, because I misread where it said "John & his brothers" but noticed it was posted by Rick, so I assumed the old guy was Rick and it was a very old picture and one of the guys was a much younger John. I couldn't figure out what the "one of these things is not like the others" comment meant.

Me too! Does anyone know the ages of the sons?

As the prized son, John was probably awarded the rights to punish the others. A job I'm sure he relished. 

I feel so bad for the others and the sister's family, what an sad excuse of a parent they appear to have. 

5 hours ago, samira_catlover said:

Thankyou for introducing me go the Arrogant worms. They are pure dead brilliant.:cool:

On 6 June 2016 at 5:51 PM, Palimpsest said:

The utter indifference they both displayed to Sarah's husband and child still gives me the cold chills.  I hope Sarah's husband has good supports elsewhere and I hope that little girl has other, better, grandparents.

Not that I'd ever excuse any of John or Daddy Shrader's behaviour but from my understanding, Sarah's husband is very well off financially and by his Facebook, it looks like he both comes from family money (Google confirmed this) and he lives a lifestyle that is very different to Ma and Pa Shrader. So the lack of donations going to him and Julia might have something to do with that- you would think a normal family response when the family doesn't need help with funeral costs or support would be to make donations to finding a cure for pancreatic cancer though. :my_rolleyes:

54 minutes ago, Aine said:

Not that I'd ever excuse any of John or Daddy Shrader's behaviour but from my understanding, Sarah's husband is very well off financially and by his Facebook, it looks like he both comes from family money (Google confirmed this) and he lives a lifestyle that is very different to Ma and Pa Shrader. So the lack of donations going to him and Julia might have something to do with that- you would think a normal family response when the family doesn't need help with funeral costs or support would be to make donations to finding a cure for pancreatic cancer though:my_rolleyes:

Quite.  Actually I was thinking about two separate issues.  

1.  The complete lack of any real and compassionate references to Anthony, with Rick Shrader grifting for an air mattress for Sarah as though all her comfort depended on him alone.   It was clear that her mother and Anthony's mother were very involved in caring for both Sarah and Julia, but Rick?  He made it sound like her husband (who may indeed be well-off) was not even in the picture - but they were still very much married and seem to have had a very loving relationship.  

2. Rick Shrader claiming that Sarah wanted donations in her name to go to John.  It may even be true that Sarah wanted that, but within the context - the ignoring of Anthony it smells bad.  

11 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Quite.  Actually I was thinking about two separate issues.  

1.  The complete lack of any real and compassionate references to Anthony, with Rick Shrader grifting for an air mattress for Sarah as though all her comfort depended on him alone.   It was clear that her mother and Anthony's mother were very involved in caring for both Sarah and Julia, but Rick?  He made it sound like her husband (who may indeed be well-off) was not even in the picture - but they were still very much married and seem to have had a very loving relationship.  

2. Rick Shrader claiming that Sarah wanted donations in her name to go to John.  It may even be true that Sarah wanted that, but within the context - the ignoring of Anthony it smells bad.  

Oh, I 100% agree! 

I just wanted to also add that Anthony does come from a wealthy family (the house he lived in with Sarah sold for over $1,000,000 not that long ago- he had it listed publicly on his Facebook, and he also has a high paying job from my Googling). At the very least here...and I mean very very least...Julia isn't going without because of John and Rick's greed. 

I absolutely agree that complete disregard for Anthony especially but also Julia is disgusting. That he wasn't even mentioned in Rick and John's posts regarding Sarah's death and that Julia was mentioned as "leaving behind a young daughter" is all kinds of wrong. I do wonder whether there was a rift between Sarah and her parents/John before she became ill and the fear that comes with illness led her to overlook things that had happened in the past. When you're terminally ill, young, and with a baby daughter, I bet you want your Mum around and with her comes Daddy-dearest and your grifting bro. 

Not to say she didn't want Dad and John around towards the end of her life anyway- I have semi-fundie family members I like/love just fine so long as we don't discuss religion or our differences- but I'm sure her husband and daughter were her priorities in those final months. Such a tragedy :( 

I completely agree @Aine.

Sarah Waller looked to be such a lovely vibrant woman with many friends.  A real tragedy.  There is a lovely picture of her somewhere with her three brothers (not including John) who shaved their heads to support her - and another one of all four of them wearing ridiculous wigs.

Although I suppose John's usual haircut couldn't get much shorter there is no way he would be photographed in a woman's wig. :5624796c41285_DastardlyEviledevil:

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

I completely agree @Aine.

Sarah Waller looked to be such a lovely vibrant woman with many friends.  A real tragedy.  There is a lovely picture of her somewhere with her three brothers (not including John) who shaved their heads to support her - and another one of all four of them wearing ridiculous wigs.

Although I suppose John's usual haircut couldn't get much shorter there is no way he would be photographed in a woman's wig. :5624796c41285_DastardlyEviledevil:

John would never shave his head. I saw him more than once worrying about an out-of-place hair whilst a picture was being taken. He must keep up his appearance you know. :irony:

On 6/8/2016 at 1:11 AM, refugee said:

Sorry for the thread drift, but this reminded me of a mystery series I started reading a few years back, The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency. Charming books, and a friend who's lived in Africa tells me it's respectfully written.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_No._1_Ladies'_Detective_Agency

One of the mysteries she solves in the first book is a disappearance during a baptism, if I'm remembering right. And, yeah. Rivers may not be the best places.

Yes, these are the sweetest books ever.  I came to love the phrase describing the protagonist, Precious Ramotswe:  "A woman of traditional build."  

Yeah, John hasn't been doing any outreach in the "bush".  He could probably find the FaceBook pages for various villages and reach out that way.....

John's outreach is mainly reaching out for $$$$$.

I can't comprehend thinking religion is important enough to bother strangers with. Why can't the Shraders believe in whatever book they want while respecting the beliefs and lifestyles of others and leaving them alone? It puzzles me. :think:

6 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I can't comprehend thinking religion is important enough to bother strangers with. Why can't the Shraders believe in whatever book they want while respecting the beliefs and lifestyles of others and leaving them alone? It puzzles me. :think:

Rea explains on FB that atheists only respect Christians who try to convert people. And he seemed to be serious and believe what he was writing. Rea also has a long post explaining how to convert folks, but his conversion tactics seem to depend on people accepting the Bible as being literally true and also the people being fairly uneducated about the history of the Bible. I don't think Rea would fare well with a person who knows a lot about the Bible and can explain why they don't accept it as the literal truth. 

People like Shrader, Rea and lots of other folks really truly believe that their belief system is the absolute only way to believe and that everyone MUST share their beliefs. There is no option to show respect for other beliefs and adopt a live and let live attitude. With Shrader and Rea it even goes further in that the people they are attempting to convert actually share the Christian religion, but since it doesn't match up exactly to their version, then it doesn't count. They can't leave people alone because they have to shove everyone into the belief box they have created. 

2 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

But, where's the money in doing that?  :GPn0zNK:

Oh gosh. In response to John's post about the gay singer, his brother Jace posted "God loves me when I do cocaine". Wonder what Johnnyboy will do?

On June 6, 2016 at 11:49 AM, Gimme a Free RV said:

I was going to suggest something like that.  Hussie Cake Topper?  Abomination Cake Decoration?  Turned on By Cake Toppers?

Doll Defrauds Daddy.  Wanna bet he had second helpings on the cake, though?

I bet he had seconds too. Plates of cake in ones lap are a good way to cover up cake topper induced boners.

He replied to his brother!  The current migraine is making critical thinking hard, but John continues to be a douche nozzle. 

Ace Shrade Jesus loves me when I do cocaine

Ace Shrade John. I love you. We have taken different paths. I believe it is important to have beliefs. I believe in God. I see him work through and in people in ways you do not. Please. Please. Please. Let God be God. Serve him as you believe you should in your heart. But public condemnation of other people is wrong. It's wrong bro. I know you feel you have to spread the gospel but you can do that with love and this approach is not based in love.

John Esther Shrader Jared, I love you. I also love the Word of God. 

The Bible is clear on Sodomy.

The Bible is clear about warning and crying out against sin. 

I'm not crying out against Trey, but his false "christianity".

God loves the sinner, all sinners, but His Holiness is against their sin. 

Against my sin. 

Without the atonement through the Blood of Jesus Christ, God come in the flesh, God's Love for me cannot overlook His Righteous Holiness and Judgment against my sin. 

The article was not written to tear down, sneer at, or spew hatred against Trey, such as the so-called Westboro "baptist" "church" does, but to graciously point out that his "christianity" (what is also being taught so much today) is not what the Bible teaches. 

If you reject what the Bible says about Sodomy (aka "homosexuality"), that is your choice, but the Scripture is clear. 

I must preach the Gospel, and Sodomy is a result of a Rejection of the Biblical Gospel and God Himself, and the result of being turned over by God to a Reprobate mind.

That's what the Bible says. 

Romans 1:16-32 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them."

Go Jace!  I'm shocked John is leaving these posts up.

I also saw a post on 6/7 where he bores us to death about his tracts (their "first outreach materials" - how long has he been there?).

The same post says:
"Although Satan is fighting, and we just had a pastor drop our support for the craziest non-Biblical excuse, I am SO ENCOURAGED at what GOD is doing! "

Note the word "just" as in this JUST happened.  Yet in the comments he says:  
"Not worried one bit.  The day after dad received the letter, he received the $9,000.00 gift for our children's future education.  I think God made it clear He's got this!"  

Ummm...Didn't the $9000 gift happen a while ago, or am I thinking of another $9000 gift?

Does anyone else look at John and his siblings and go one of these is not like the other. Basically with John it is women submit, constantly impregnate the sufficiently submissive wife, disagree with everyone who shows acceptance or wants to do real humanitarian aid, and finally hustle for that sweet money to spread his interpretations of the gospel. While he comes off as a caricature lacking depth or critical thinking, his brothers seem to try to critically search things out.

You guys. This conversation between Jace and John is pure gold. Can someone more skilled than me get more screenshots? It's still going on. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived