IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 8- Me, me, me missionary

samurai_sarah

2 hours ago, infooverload said:

Does anyone else look at John and his siblings and go one of these is not like the other. Basically with John it is women submit, constantly impregnate the sufficiently submissive wife, disagree with everyone who shows acceptance or wants to do real humanitarian aid, and finally hustle for that sweet money to spread his interpretations of the gospel. While he comes off as a caricature lacking depth or critical thinking, his brothers seem to try to critically search things out.

His brothers managed to get out of the fundamentalists line of thinking(because the garbage John is spewing is what is taught by most of the IFB churches that support him and Rea) and learn to think for themselves. Fundamentalism draws people like John because they always get to be right and they never have to stop and really think things through. They don't have to stop and think about the impact their beliefs have on others. 

John's brothers, despite the way they were raised, grew up to be strong compassionate men who realize that religious beliefs are not worth hurting people over. John seems to be the only kid who kept the fundie beliefs and I think that might be because he is a self-righteous con-man and IFB churches and beliefs make it easy for him. If they didn't, he would find something else to latch onto. John is the sort of person that if he became and atheist he would be the most annoying atheist around. 

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John left his responses and the responses of his supporters, but seems to have deleted Jared and Ace's posts. Probably because they actually made a lot of sense and made John look like an asshole. 

5 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Go Jace!  I'm shocked John is leaving these posts up.

I also saw a post on 6/7 where he bores us to death about his tracts (their "first outreach materials" - how long has he been there?).

The same post says:
"Although Satan is fighting, and we just had a pastor drop our support for the craziest non-Biblical excuse, I am SO ENCOURAGED at what GOD is doing! "

Note the word "just" as in this JUST happened.  Yet in the comments he says:  
"Not worried one bit.  The day after dad received the letter, he received the $9,000.00 gift for our children's future education.  I think God made it clear He's got this!"  

Ummm...Didn't the $9000 gift happen a while ago, or am I thinking of another $9000 gift?

Why did the letter go to his dad, rather than to the lyin king?  is it because his dad's church is the sending church?  Does all $$ get sent to dad's church and then Dad disburses to son?

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

John left his responses and the responses of his supporters, but seems to have deleted Jared and Ace's posts. Probably because they actually made a lot of sense and made John look like an asshole. 

I'm so bummed I missed all the exchange.  Also, I can no longer find Jace Shrader on FB, nor any Ace as a friend of the lyin' king's on FB.  Damn.  Now there's just some stupid lyin' king rant about sodomy and a few obsequious followers supporting his monotonous bullshit.  

Hello everyone. I have been a long time lurker. I worked third shift last night. So I was treated to witnessing this exchange. 

Screenshot_2016-06-11-09-13-34.png

Screenshot_2016-06-11-08-14-23.png

Screenshot_2016-06-11-08-43-44.png

5 hours ago, gustava said:

Why did the letter go to his dad, rather than to the lyin king?  is it because his dad's church is the sending church?  Does all $$ get sent to dad's church and then Dad disburses to son?

Yes, his Dad is the sending church and I assume disburses the money.

2 hours ago, amandaaries said:

Also, I can no longer find Jace Shrader on FB, nor any Ace as a friend of the lyin' king's on FB.  Damn.  Now there's just some stupid lyin' king rant about sodomy and a few obsequious followers supporting his monotonous bullshit.  

I noticed that too.  Jace had two accounts, one under Jace Shrader (where his personal struggles were posted), and the account he used to talk to John (Ace Shrade).  Last night when everything was going down I went to look at the Jace account and it was gone.  :|

ETA:  Just checked and Jace is back! :)

Dear John,

SHUT UP!!!

If you don't, I'm gonna send Benny Hinn to Kafue to smack the living daylights out of you and promote his own heresies.

Just shut that ugly pie hole of yours.

That Jace Shrader has it all - he shares my vision of Christianity, is articulate and good looking. I wouldn't mind his Bible on my nightstand in the morning. He could also be described as "one HOT Baptist casserole". 

It's hard to believe Jace and John are related, isn't it?

Question for those who grew up in fundie households: in your experience do those children who realize the fundie life is not for them tend to go atheist/agnostic or just less conservative?

55 minutes ago, Freejin said:

Question for those who grew up in fundie households: in your experience do those children who realize the fundie life is not for them tend to go atheist/agnostic or just less conservative?

In my (albeit limited) experience, in the big fundie and fundie-lite families I grew up in, there's usually one or two kids that still swallow the whole lifestyle hook, line and sinker into adulthood. Most of us as adults seem to be agnostic, atheist or "spiritual but not religious." A few wander into evangelicalism because it seems "nicer" - it's like fundieism, but with coffee shops and tattoos at church! Just my experience though. 

17 hours ago, Freejin said:

You guys. This conversation between Jace and John is pure gold. Can someone more skilled than me get more screenshots? It's still going on. 

I was going to ask if anyone had grabbed any, and my phone decided to load the last 17 hours of responses after I had entered my comment. 

7 hours ago, Marshmallow World said:

In my (albeit limited) experience, in the big fundie and fundie-lite families I grew up in, there's usually one or two kids that still swallow the whole lifestyle hook, line and sinker into adulthood. Most of us as adults seem to be agnostic, atheist or "spiritual but not religious." A few wander into evangelicalism because it seems "nicer" - it's like fundieism, but with coffee shops and tattoos at church! Just my experience though. 

Interesting. Does anyone know any families where all the kids stay fundie?

It depends. I grew up in a denomination that was a very stable and organised.  It had its own school (mandatory for all kids and closed to outsiders) & it was  (and still is) fairly easy for most ppl to live their entire lives without forming anything more than the most superficial relationships w outsiders. Until about 20 yrs ago,leaving was rare. Probably less than 2% of the children born into the community left as adults.  (Most of the ppl who left had issues with the restrictive lifestyle and left to get a bit of room to breathe). This number has been steadily increasing. Today I'd say it's closer to 10% (which is still a pretty high retention trate.). Far more young adults seem to be having issues with the theology.  Most seem to be joining other churches but I wonder how many will eventually move on from there too.  

I think fundie kids who don't have such tightly knit communities have a higher chance of escaping.  Being exposed to alternative ways of thinking is a massive advantage and fast tracks a lot of the learning to think for oneself.

1 hour ago, uber frau said:

It depends. I grew up in a denomination that was a very stable and organised.  It had its own school (mandatory for all kids and closed to outsiders) & it was  (and still is) fairly easy for most ppl to live their entire lives without forming anything more than the most superficial relationships w outsiders. Until about 20 yrs ago,leaving was rare. Probably less than 2% of the children born into the community left as adults.  (Most of the ppl who left had issues with the restrictive lifestyle and left to get a bit of room to breathe). This number has been steadily increasing. Today I'd say it's closer to 10% (which is still a pretty high retention trate.). Far more young adults seem to be having issues with the theology.  Most seem to be joining other churches but I wonder how many will eventually move on from there too.  

I think fundie kids who don't have such tightly knit communities have a higher chance of escaping.  Being exposed to alternative ways of thinking is a massive advantage and fast tracks a lot of the learning to think for oneself.

Wow. Sounds like an interesting community. How many families was it?

On June 12, 2016 at 6:23 AM, Freejin said:

There is the Arendt family we discuss here. They have something like 8 adult sons who still live at home and sleep in bunk beds together........late twenties early thirties.

10 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

There is the Arendt family we discuss here. They have something like 8 adult sons who still live at home and sleep in bunk beds together........late twenties early thirties.

We've talked about whether they are fundy.  Kathy does wear those white shorts!

2 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

I guess that's the best way to keep them in, don't let them marry and keep them at home all the time. It seems like a lot of fundie kids don't run away in the night the day they turn 18, they generally drift away once they leave home and don't have parents watching over them all the time.

On 12 June 2016 at 9:23 PM, Freejin said:

Maxhell family. They make me sick with their cult of personality around 'Dad'

John managed to make his sister's birthday all about him. He has no shame. 

He also adopted the hands clean policy that so many Christians who have been been teaching anti-gay propaganda had decided to go with. It seems he, like many people, aren't going to take the time to stop and think about the ramifications of being anti-gay and trying to deny gay people rights. 

John then leaped right back into being an asshole with a video from my shameful state of NC that basically implies that trans people are dangerous and indecent. 

David Rea has stayed silent on it. 

On 6/13/2016 at 10:48 AM, ILoveJellybeans said:

I guess that's the best way to keep them in, don't let them marry and keep them at home all the time. It seems like a lot of fundie kids don't run away in the night the day they turn 18, they generally drift away once they leave home and don't have parents watching over them all the time.

In the case of the Arndt and Maxwell kids, I can't help but think that they would have been better off running away the minute they turned 18 rather than squandering what are most likely the best years of their lives under their controlling parents' roof.

Three things:  

1.  I really love Ace Shrader.   The kid has more intelligence, thoughtfulness and compassion in his little finger than John has in his whole body.

2.  Shut the fuck up, John Shrader!

3.  Many thanks to @jingerspice for the screenshots.

John posted a picture of his SUV parked beside some cool-looking huts.

Why NOT go out to "the bush" when your wife just had a baby?  Who wants to help with that when you can wear the internet-super-missionary-hero cape and post pictures and memes about it?

ETA: I LOVE that John's taken his gas-guzzling mega-vehicle with KJV Bible verses printed on the sides to a village where at least one of the huts is using a solar panel for energy!  

5 hours ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

John posted a picture of his SUV parked beside some cool-looking huts.

Why NOT go out to "the bush" when your wife just had a baby?  Who wants to help with that when you can wear the internet-super-missionary-hero cape and post pictures and memes about it?

ETA: I LOVE that John's taken his gas-guzzling mega-vehicle with KJV Bible verses printed on the sides to a village where at least one of the huts is using a solar panel for energy!  

I'd guess that there is more peace and quiet for Esther with her biggest child, aka John, out of the house for any length of time.  Her older children must be a greater help with everything from spiders to snakes to trash than Big Bro John.

Besides, we need some new pix of the wonders being worked in the Zambian countryside by a clueless jerk.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived