IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 8- Me, me, me missionary

samurai_sarah

On August 5, 2016 at 11:39 AM, countressrascal said:

Well John-boy has 7 more days until the elections that could determine his future. I am just about done with my field reports regarding the da plane, chicken farm and other interesting insights on his mis adventures. Right now I have my three grandchildren (14, 10 & 8) full time since their parents are both traveling, not planned just happened one due to the elections other Army obligations, that one planned. So I am getting them ready to go back to school and dealing with a very active 10 yr old girl with a broken arm, which is healing very well thanks everyone for asking cast comes off today limited activity for the next two weeks plus PT then we should be back to normal. 

Lol, I have a ten year old girl myself and she is insanely high energy. What is it with ten year old girls?!?! Enjoy your grandchildren. We have been playing lots of pokemongo. It's one of the few activities all four of my kids enjoy playing together. My kids range from 8-18 so it's hard to find things they all like. It also tires them out. The app is free. Something to do if you need ideas.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

Lol, I have a ten year old girl myself and she is insanely high energy. What is it with ten year old girls?!?!

When wychling was ten, she  jumped out of  tree and broke her arm.  I am happy to say that she will be 29 years old at the end of this month with no more broken bones.  There is hope!

Thanks, countess, for your reports on the worthless lump of protoplasm named John Schrader. 

While my four year old daughter was climbing the trellis last month the top board broke and she had about a 6ft fall. She had a plastic deformation of her ulna worth a fracture, but because of swelling that happens with that, she was only splinted, but for for weeks. With all of the conversation of 10 year old girls breaking their arm, I am a little concerned about what's to come. ;)

Actually, my daughter is, by far, my most active and fearless child. I told the orthopedics that I'm pretty certain this won't be the last time they see her.

@Burpies, that sounds a lot like my four year old daughter. Quite frankly, I expected her to break something before she turned 3, and she still hasn't. She loves to climb, so it's good she got her father's sense of balance instead of mine. 

John posted more pictures from his missionary adventure into rural Zambia. Not sure why he took his large white board out there to write things in English when he also had to bring a translator since the people don't speak English. Who exactly did he write all that stuff for? 

John was loving wearing his safari clothes and getting to stand next to a hut. This is the missionary fantasy he has been wanting. He gets some nice pictures, gets to pretend he is Livingston, but he also gets to quickly go back to all his modern appliances. Livingston would have had nothing but contempt for John. 

I begin writing this here in the early morning hours from a tent in a village in the bush of Zambia. As the rising sun slowly begins to chase away the cutting chill of one of the final nights of our Zambian "winter", 

:roll: He is so going to write a book whenever Zambia kicks him out. 

On John's Facebook page, he shared a post about true missionaries-- ones doing it for the glory of God, not for themselves or money. I particularly enjoyed this tidbit: "Thank God for those who preach for the right reasons. They are seldom noticed because they are not promoting their name or ministry, but lifting up Christ, and Him alone. True men of God , often times stand alone, and they are willing to do it for they are only concerned about pleasing God, and not man. They are not driven by money, fame or the approval of man; They are driven by Biblical Principles which comprise their Convictions. They are not in ministry for filthy lucre(money) and they are NOT FOR SALE. There will be a Judgement Seat of Christ, and those who are seemingly bigger than life now, will be small there , and will stand empty handed..."

Really John? Really? Methinks you don't post about how you are the best or right kind of preacher if you don't want to bring attention to yourself.

23 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

They are seldom noticed because they are not promoting their name or ministry, but lifting up Christ, and Him alone.

John really doesn't fit in with this does he?  His shameless promotion of his name and ministry was what drew our notice here on FJ in the first place. 

Well that, and the never-ending and shockingly successful grifting.  Oh, and we can add a new two room tent to the list of grifted stuff.

Timothy's homeschooling at least is on hold while he goes on field trips with John.  I'm not getting a good feeling about the mission to Mulamba.  Converting of the locals from "Baptist" to Baptist continues and some people aren't liking it.  And that includes Mr. McCam.

a precious older lady named Mary gave her life to Christ, trusting ONLY in the Blood of Jesus Christ to wash her from her sins (Rev. 1:5; Rom. 3:22-26). Please pray for her lost, pride-filled husband, Mr. McCam. Being older, the most educated in this group, and having "opened" several "churches" with a "baptist" group here in Zambia, he sees himself as very knowledgeable in the Bible, though he is trusting in his baptism and good works to save him. He has greatly withstood us and resisted the Word of God, even trying to twist his wife's testimony and mocking her new faith and belief that the Blood of Jesus cleansed her spiritually in the Sight of God according to His Word.

Please pray for his salvation, that God might work in his heart to open it to his own sinfulness, and bring him to true brokenness.

We started this second, longer trip with a review, as Mr. McCam, like the Biblical Alexander the Coppersmith, and Diotrephes, had greatly withstood us and tried to twist the understanding of the others regarding Biblical Salvation. He stormed out and left the grass thatched stick building Monday afternoon after several direct confrontations.

Source: Public facebook https://www.facebook.com/john.shrader.125

I don't think it is wise for John to take his kid(s) into that sort of situation.  Of course, neither do I think it is wise for John to piss off locals.  Especially piss off local elders who may have a lot of pull in small towns.  Time will tell.

It absolutely infuriates me how these people are constantly being told that their religion and way of life is not right. It stinks of colonialism. Also, this: 

"He stormed out and left the grass thatched stick building Monday afternoon after several direct confrontations."

John just had to mention they were in a grass thatched stick building, for authenticity, I suppose? He really wants it to come off like these people were completely hopeless before his arrogant butt came along. 

I'm guessing John was being as offensive and terrible as he could be, and this guy just gave up trying to have a reasonable conversation. 

15 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I'm guessing John was being as offensive and terrible as he could be, and this guy just gave up trying to have a reasonable conversation. 

John, if his account is to be believed, is also encouraging Mr. McCam's wife to disrespect her Headship's guidance in spiritual matters.

I always wonder how these patriarchal men justify that - and people's going against the faith of their parents instead of honoring them. 

I suppose Jesus Rulz.

How dare he cause strife between a married couple, and for what? To prove to himself and his leghumpers back home in Daddy's church just how marvellous he is?

How dare he strut around with his ridiculous accent, mocking and insulting the local people.

After travelling in Zambia for three weeks, we found the Zambian people to be friendly, warm and welcoming . The younger people we spoke to were genuinely interested about the world and political situations. They listen to the same music my sons listen to. Zambian teens are the same  as teens anywhere. (That would piss John off. Ha Ha.)  They had attended school though, taken exams and gone onto further education. All the things that great white missionary John will deny his own children.

The school curriculum is similar to the British one. He makes me want to boil his head.

Does John follow IBLP? I thought maybe he did because he's married to Esther. I thought IBLP teaches that a woman needs to follow her headship with religious beliefs, even if she disagrees or he's not as devout as one would hope. If that's true, telling the wife to disobey would be a big no no, wouldn't it? Or does John just follow the Church of John? 

John was raised in ATI/IBLP and I am pretty sure that is how he met Esther. He is evidence that you can denounce Gothard but still be as fundie as hell. He has been pretty vocal about his dislike of Gothard. 

I'm sure John has found himself a loophole to justify getting a woman to disobey her husband. 

John could easily justify with the Matthew passage of I have come to bring a sword an pit family against each other for the glory of the Lord.

12 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Oh, I'm sure he was, you can just hear the condescension in his writing.  Note the words in quotation marks:

Mr. McCam. Being older, the most educated in this group, and having "opened" several "churches" with a "baptist" group here in Zambia, he sees himself as very knowledgeable in the Bible, though he is trusting in his baptism and good works to save him.

John is a dick.  Interesting though that he acknowledges that Mr. McCam is the MOST EDUCATED of the group.  :kitty-wink:

13 minutes ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

John is a dick.  Interesting though that he acknowledges that Mr. McCam is the MOST EDUCATED of the group.  :kitty-wink:

There is a chance much greater than zero that Mr. McCam is A LOT MORE EDUCATED than John.

John is a condescending dick.

@Gobsmacked I really don't understand why John hasn't got into more trouble in Zambia so far.   Talk about ugly behavior.  He seems to be preying most on young men and I wouldn't be surprised if most of his converts are without family, like Arcade.  The rest are probably hanging around because of his apparent wealth and hoping some of it rubs off on them.

I think he is riding for a fall with his condescending attitudes.  I just hope the kids aren't around when he gets someone's fist planted squarely in his smug face.  Or worse.

6 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

There is a chance much greater than zero that Mr. McCam is A LOT MORE EDUCATED than John.

Given John's general level of ignorance, I think we could almost put money on that.

I still have trouble parsing out John's theology and admittedly don't spend much time working on it.  Almost every Baptist I've encountered has been salvation by faith alone so many of John's statements make no sense to me.  I can't decipher where he's finding "works" in their theology.

15 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

many of John's statements make no sense to me

He's really good at flinging up walls of random verses, isn't he.  I am not very good at following his Baptist-talk, and I have the leisure of trying to parse it from the quiet of my dining room table.  I can't imagine how anyone who listens to his sermons can understand in an instant the entirety of the (right kind of)  Christian theology.   He seems to want to pressure the congregants to make a commitment then and there, without a chance to really understand things. 

And what about the chickens?

:confused2:

I'm sure others can explain John's theology better than I can.  I'm pretty sure he makes it up as he goes along and I never did understand the split with the original sending Church and David Rea properly. 

He seems increasingly to identify with A.W. Tozer, who would have scorned John's materialism.  He is also very dependent on Trail of Blood stuff (Carroll) these days - thus the belated addition of "Historic" to his mission name.

I think it boils down to:

- Everyone in Zambia needs saving.

- No-one is really saved unless John has personally discipled them.

Arrogant little fuckhead.

38 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I'm sure others can explain John's theology better than I can.

Let me try.  According to John, one is saved by faith alone and not by works.  Therefore, anyone doing good works is not saved, even if the good works are inspired by faith alone. Therefore, John can't do good works, because it might taint his salvation by faith alone.  Oh, and he's lazy. 

Mr. McCam likely has major exegetical chops and saw through John's bullshit immediately.

John's exegesis? "I'm right and you're wrong."  The reference to Diotrephes?  An incredibly ugly slap in the face. 

If that's truly what John believes then he's a far, far worse human than I had previously thought.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived