IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 8- Me, me, me missionary

samurai_sarah

That picture he took of his four-wheeler toy beside those huts reminds me of Barbie Savior on Instagram.

Screenshot_20160617-145546.png

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Granwych said:

Besides, we need some new pix of the wonders being worked in the Zambian countryside by a clueless jerk.

I wonder whether he went to the "bush" because we recently pointed out that he hadn't been anywhere near it.

Google tells me that Makunka is just under a 4 hour drive from Kafue.  He's probably going to stay overnight.

On 6/15/2016 at 5:04 PM, Palimpsest said:

Three things:  

1.  I really love Ace Shrader.   The kid has more intelligence, thoughtfulness and compassion in his little finger than John has in his whole body.

2.  Shut the fuck up, John Shrader!

3.  Many thanks to @jingerspice for the screenshots.

You're very welcome. I thought it a rather incredible exchange that deserved preservation. 

The baby has been born, John milked it for all the attention he could, time to shove little Isaiah to the back so John can bring his FB focus back to how amazing he is. That is what happened with Stephen. 

David Rea has been gardening a lot. 

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

I wonder whether he went to the "bush" because we recently pointed out that he hadn't been anywhere near it.

Google tells me that Makunka is just under a 4 hour drive from Kafue.  He's probably going to stay overnight.

Oh, I do dearly hope so!  

I hope he has to sleep like they do, eat and drink exactly what he offered, and that the non-malarial village mosquitos treat themselves to all the vanilla John they can manage.  

I hope the SUV won't start and that he'll be forced to spend at least two more nights there.

I hope, if he takes a dump, he is offered pages of his tracts to clean himself with.

I hope he sweats bucketfuls as he drinks liquids at the ambient temperature.

I hope Esther is getting some rest without her oldest kid there.

I hope he sees children playing with dolls that have defrauding necklines...and that his interpreter doesn't convey what John thinks about that.

13 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I hope that on top of all that, they ask about his plane. 

:pb_lol:

"John, why did you drive?  The other white missionaries come visit us with their planes!  See?  We have pictures!"

20 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Don't do that to me!  I just spouted water all over the dog!

On a serious note - which "convert" of John's alerted him to a town called Makunka?  And why did he go there when he could go to easier "bush" places?  John is always reactive rather than proactive.

Let's all thank the FSM for John's lack of initiative and hope that Makunka laughed at his sorry rear end!

I wonder what John's making the kids do to honor him on Father's Day, and I wonder when we can expect a long-winded post about it.

John, maybe you just should have stuck to being a pianist...a church pianist...who plays and doesn't preach.

Like so many missionaries before him, John is indoctrinating these Zambians with HIS fundie culture, including style of music and clothing.  Fortunately, there ARE missionaries who get it right and encourage the people they came to serve to write their own Christian music with their own rhythms and instrumentation and to adapt to THAT culture's manner of dress, their idioms, and their customs.

For example, why would a missionary insist on merely translating and teaching the American hymn, "Whiter Than Snow" to a people who have never experienced snow?

Does the concept of whiteness as purity translate, e.g. if the word snow were simply changed to milk?

5 hours ago, Jellybean said:

Does the concept of whiteness as purity translate, e.g. if the word snow were simply changed to milk?

It would need to be contextual, so yes, I would think so.

BTW, John's "Bush" Missionary/Sightseeing Trip (from one of his disciples' FB pages):

John taking a dump educating the "ignorant heathen" with his dry erase board written in English, with translations written in by someone else.

13495133_1800032883564543_4986275966432194270_n.jpg

And the inevitable tourist trip to Victoria Falls.  (Happy for the African guys getting  to see something they'd only heard about in school.)

13450214_1800031920231306_5914161545349855484_n.jpg

Giddy as a schoolgirl, John--in his ridiculous Indiana Jones hat--enjoys some vacay time while Esther is at home with a flock of kids, healing from her recent at-home delivery.

Yippee!  Being a missionary, spending other people's money, is fun, fun, fun!  (Lookit me, Daddy!  Look, Daddy!  Daddy, look!)

13511060_1800031810231317_1721319897856678757_n.jpg

21 minutes ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

BTW, John's "Bush" Missionary/Sightseeing Trip (from one of his disciples' FB pages):

John taking a dump educating the "ignorant heathen" with his dry erase board written in English, with translations written in by someone else.

And the inevitable tourist trip to Victoria Falls.  (Happy for the African guys getting  to see something they'd only heard about in school.)

Giddy as a schoolgirl, John--in his ridiculous Indiana Jones hat--enjoys some vacay time while Esther is at home with a flock of kids, healing from her recent at-home delivery.

Yippee!  Being a missionary, spending other people's money, is fun, fun, fun!  (Lookit me, Daddy!  Look, Daddy!  Daddy, look!)

The local guys have really joyful genuine smiles.

John just has a smirk. 

Esther is hopefully having a peaceful time with the children. No manic daft idiotic John running around annoying everyone.

Look at these cool pictures from Victoria Falls, Esther.

How nice for you, John...

ETA:  I wonder how far of a drive it was from the village to Victoria Falls?

35 minutes ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

5 hours ago, Jellybean said:

porky pig cartoon character

But Porky Pig was much more considerate.

If I had a lottery win I would pay to send Esther to a nice hotel near the falls for a few days. Just her and Anna.

I would also pay for a nanny/au pair to look after the kids. Esther could relax properly knowing they were all safe and well.

Hiring a solicitor to slap a restraining order on John for the duration would also be done. In case he decided to join her for some precious marriage time and (un)sweet fellowship.

So John got to go on a missionary fantasy vacation. He smirks and looks arrogant in every single picture. 

The whole jaunt is so sad for many reasons.

He is posing as a good Christian person. All I want to do is slap his smirking great gob with a wet kipper.

Has he mentioned how many men from Karfue he squeezed into his godly grifted vehicle? I can't get access to his face book for some reason?

On 6/17/2016 at 5:40 PM, formergothardite said:

Would he get it if they asked where the Wonder Woman (the invisible plane) is?

42 minutes ago, gustava said:

Since he seems to do so little for Esther and the children, she probably doesn't even know he's gone.

Oh, she will know - no extra demands from this idiot, no reprimands on what was done wrong and so on and so forth.... it will be nice and "quiet" ( as far as that is possible with a gazillion kids) for a change!

Throngs anxiously gathered in the village square to gawk and yawn at the great white side show and his hilarious manner of speaking.  It would appear that the man in the arm chair is laughing (at John) while the others to his left might possibly be catching a cat nap.  The people sitting on the ground just turned up to see if snacks would be given out.  (I'm wondering if that's a barf bucket beside the man in the baseball cap.)

13466165_1800032860231212_6380567347960337458_n.jpg

Sorry.  I misspoke earlier.  I see that the white board has ONLY English on it.  John, you really could stand to lose a little weight.  The people you live in the midst of are all slender.  A chunky missionary does not a good testimony make, IMHO.  

13428434_1800032796897885_5925891516977000425_n.jpg

5 hours ago, Wenny said:

Look at those house :56247955dd693_32(12):Are they abode? 

Yes they will be. There is a local brick making place near Karfue. The bricks are hardened red clay. I think they will be more expensive. The larger houses with windows tend to be built of the red bricks.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived