IGNORED

Anna & the M Kids – Part 7

FundieFarmer

16 hours ago, Casserole said:

Also when I was a nanny to a family with 3 little kiddos, they got an extra hotel room for me - kids made their "big entrance" with the bridal party at the reception and then came upstairs to me, pizza, and a movie. I was also paid by two other families who dropped their children off in the room for babysitting just during the reception and picked them up at the end of the reception.

Totally forgot we did this for my brother's wedding. The kids did their part of the ceremony, got to dance and eat a little at the reception, then we popped out and took them back to the hotel and put them to bed in one room and a babysitter stayed in the adjoining room so we could go back to the wedding and party! It was perfect!

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was three I was a flower girl for two of my aunts when they got married (I think 3 months apart? Not even?) and all I remember is everyone making a big stink about me having to sit still after I walked down the aisle. And then everyone being amazed that I did. I remember being bored as all holy hell, but I sat through the wedding. 

My daughter was flowergirl for my BIL and SIL when she was 10. She loved it, and is planning on asking their daughter to be her flower girl/bridesmaid when she eventually gets married . Our son was 7 and was invited to the outdoor ceremony, but not to the reception.  Initially I was a little put out - if he hadn't had ADHD and Aspergers and behaviour issues I'm sure he'd have been invited.   

I quickly got over that when I realised I had an excuse to relax and enjoy the night without worrying about his behaviour.  

On 7/26/2016 at 11:58 PM, Jana814 said:

A family friend's daughter is getting married in October.  Her sister has twins (boy & girl). The girl will probably be a flower girl but the boy is disabled so I'm not sure what he will do. 

He can still participate! As long as he's prepped for it and given something to do within his purview/capability, there's no reason why a disabled kid can't be a part of a wedding.

As for me, I don't know if I'll have a lot of kids at my hypothetical wedding ceremony (maybe I can have some kids running around while I die alone and my 80 cats eat my corpse). I envision my wedding being a rip-roaring party with a thin veneer of class, and I don't know how kid-friendly such a thing would be.

Back to Anna, I do wonder how things are going for her now that Josh has been home for a while.

20 hours ago, weirdemmaline said:

When I was three I was a flower girl for two of my aunts when they got married (I think 3 months apart? Not even?) and all I remember is everyone making a big stink about me having to sit still after I walked down the aisle. And then everyone being amazed that I did. I remember being bored as all holy hell, but I sat through the wedding. 

I didn't know anyone w/ kids that young when I got married so I didn't have to deal with it.  I was at a friends wedding about 2 months before my wedding and her little flower girls, 3 year old twin nieces of the groom, were NOT amused and they were tired AF, it was during nap time I guess and they had been up late the night before and got up early. so about 4 steps down the aisle one got mad and sat down screaming the other kept walking they  got the one on the floor up and they both got to the alter.  As the bride was walking down the aisle one of the girls peed  herself and started SCREAMING  bloody murder, her sister then slapped her "to BE QUIET!" the wet sister punched the other sister and gave her a bloody nose then they start rolling on the floor fighting  everyone is watching the little girls and their mom is totally ignoring them from the pew,  best man dad is trying to get his wife to go grab them  the bride finally threw her bouquet down stomped to the front of the church picked up both girls and called her SIL a worthless c&nt handed the kids to their father and said GET THEM OUT OF HERE! She then stomped to the BACK of the church and that was the end of that, wedding over.  They got marred Monday afternoon at the court house and moved away from his crazy family. they haven't been back in 20 years, and his family is STILL nuts! 

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I didn't know anyone w/ kids that young when I got married so I didn't have to deal with it.  I was at a friends wedding about 2 months before my wedding and her little flower girls, 3 year old twin nieces of the groom, were NOT amused and they were tired AF, it was during nap time I guess and they had been up late the night before and got up early. so about 4 steps down the aisle one got mad and sat down screaming the other kept walking they  got the one on the floor up and they both got to the alter.  As the bride was walking down the aisle one of the girls peed  herself and started SCREAMING  bloody murder, her sister then slapped her "to BE QUIET!" the wet sister punched the other sister and gave her a bloody nose then they start rolling on the floor fighting  everyone is watching the little girls and their mom is totally ignoring them from the pew,  best man dad is trying to get his wife to go grab them  the bride finally threw her bouquet down stomped to the front of the church picked up both girls and called her SIL a worthless c&nt handed the kids to their father and said GET THEM OUT OF HERE! She then stomped to the BACK of the church and that was the end of that, wedding over.  They got marred Monday afternoon at the court house and moved away from his crazy family. they haven't been back in 20 years, and his family is STILL nuts! 

And that, my friends, is why you politely decline the flower girl invite if the ceremony will be during nap time.

I was the star of two flower girl horror stories, though in both cases, I actually wasn't causing any mayhem. On my first outing as a flower girl for my aunt's wedding, my dad, driving me and my cousin (also a flower girl), got hopelessly lost on the way to the church. He pulled into the parking lot as the officiant was saying "you may kiss the bride". My mom was pissed. I didn't care because I still got to eat cake and wear a pretty dress and play with my cousin. Also I was three, so I didn't care about most things.

At my uncle's wedding (I was five for this go-round), my younger sister (2 at the time) was supposed to come with me down the aisle, but she decided that throwing an Exorcist-level tantrum just before the ceremony was far more entertaining, so it was decided that I would alone down the aisle while my mom put my sister down for a nap. I became very put out that I was not given flower petals to throw, so I picked some wildflowers (clovers growing on the lawn around the venue) and threw those on my solo walk down the aisle. I was very happy because I got cake, got to throw flowers, got to wear a pretty dress, and didn't have my little sister upstaging me.

4 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

@allthegoodnamesrgone woa, that tale was a ride from start to finish.

It really was, She was afraid it would be a shit show too, she was only having the church ceremony to please her future MIL.  It was just going to be a cake & punch reception anyway.  Her own family is even worse than his so they weren't even invited. I still talk to her, her & the hubby and their 5 kids are doing amazing, And they are very happy to be away from the insanity.  

7 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Back to Anna, I do wonder how things are going for her now that Josh has been home for a while.

Yeah, she wasn't mentioned in the "Counting On" promo, was she?

19 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

my voodoo dolls are working then :D

On July 28, 2016 at 10:57 PM, EmCatlyn said:

Huh. I think you're right. And I don't think she was mentioned in the "upcoming storylines" section either. (Although neither was Jana so who knows how significant that is). Given how they featured her as a major character in counting on i think it would be incredibly awkward to just ignore her in the next season. But it would also be awkward to continue to feature her the way they did last season without ever showing josh... I'm very interested to see how this plays out. 

Anna can be on the show. She can get money that way and when she gets pregnant with her fifth baby, she can be paraded around in multiple episodes. Her family could use the income. I doubt Josh will object to it.

On 31. Juli 2016 at 6:25 AM, season of life said:

Anna can be on the show. She can get money that way and when she gets pregnant with her fifth baby, she can be paraded around in multiple episodes. Her family could use the income. I doubt Josh will object to it.

But won't it be weird parading around a pregnant Anna yet not even mentioning the  baby's dad? Would that be more the image of a single mom (!) or that of Virgin Mary?

4 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

But won't it be weird parading around a pregnant Anna yet not even mentioning the  baby's dad? Would that be more the image of a single mom (!) or that of Virgin Mary?

In the past they have mentioned Josh in passing and Anna did talk briefly about him returning home soon and stuff...I think when they were on their girls trip? I do think it would be super weird if they did a baby shower and all that jazz and we never saw him. I mean, he could be there and enjoy it and just not make it into any shots...but I think TLC was clear that he wouldn't be returning (this season). It would be an odd story line if we saw Anna going to doctor's appointments and such knowing that Josh is there but off camera.

20 minutes ago, Ace3 said:

In the past they have mentioned Josh in passing and Anna did talk briefly about him returning home soon and stuff...I think when they were on their girls trip? I do think it would be super weird if they did a baby shower and all that jazz and we never saw him. I mean, he could be there and enjoy it and just not make it into any shots...but I think TLC was clear that he wouldn't be returning (this season). It would be an odd story line if we saw Anna going to doctor's appointments and such knowing that Josh is there but off camera.

Unless they are lying or change their minds about Josh appearing on the show, Anna will be by necessity relegated to cameos.  It was one thing when her headship was doing time, but now that he's back full time and in charge of his wife and kids, I don't see how they can feature her and just pretend he doesn't exist.   

7 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Unless they are lying or change their minds about Josh appearing on the show, Anna will be by necessity relegated to cameos.  It was one thing when her headship was doing time, but now that he's back full time and in charge of his wife and kids, I don't see how they can feature her and just pretend he doesn't exist.   

They might show Anna on outings with other moms and kids, but I doubt that even if she is/gets pregnant in the next year, they will follow her around like they did before the scandals.  Among other things, I don't think there would be sufficient public interest.  They used her last season as "bait" because people wanted to know how she was handling the AM scandal, the separation from Josh, etc... But now it is mostly old news.  

In a year or two, if Josh becomes a born again (and again) Repentant Sinner Preacher, it might be different.  

But honestly, I am no longer seeing Josh going on the Jesus Saved Me talk circuit.  There is something subdued about him in pictures, ever since he came out of Prayhab.  I would almost say he looks a lot less smug.

On 7/13/2016 at 2:45 PM, OrchidBlossom said:

That's adorbs, I am definitely pro-including grandmas. But I'm probably just going to cut the flower person tradition out of my wedding entirely. I have never understood why I would pay for the corpses of dead flowers to litter my wedding! I don't like rose petals on beds or whatever either... I have been told my feelings about it are not normal.

Magnolia petals are the worst, they really do seem fleshy, so very gross as they die.

7 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

But honestly, I am no longer seeing Josh going on the Jesus Saved Me talk circuit.  There is something subdued about him in pictures, ever since he came out of Prayhab.  I would almost say he looks a lot less smug.

I saw this, then saw this, without the context above it...

45 minutes ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

Magnolia petals are the worst, they really do seem fleshy, so very gross as they die.

Sometimes I read backwards first, you see. I'm not making any specific inferences, it was just a jolt to the brain, and I had to reset.

If I were to be officially unmarried and then married again, which is never happening in a billion years*, I'd want various types of daisy family flowers everywhere, but not, I think, dropped onto the floor by a small child. Zinnias, too, are troopers. More delicate loveliness tends to be, well, delicate.

*insofaras I can bring myself to use the word "never." If all this somehow did take place in alt.life, I guess I'd just get married in a garden, anyway.

On 7/31/2016 at 0:25 AM, season of life said:

Ooh, does this mean that technically ANNA is the sole breadwinner right now!? Tsk tsk, Smuggy.

Meredith has resurfaced on the Duggar FB page. Any thoughts about where she is, given the flooring? Likely suspects seem the girls' TTH bedroom or Joshley's Siloam Springs house. If the SS house, then Joshley has made progress on its rehab. If the TTH girls' ward, then Anna may still be holed up there or, more likely, Joy Anna is Meredith's J-Slave nanny.

https://www.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/videos/871657866301197/

15 minutes ago, sophrosyne said:

Meredith has resurfaced on the Duggar FB page. Any thoughts about where she is, given the flooring? Likely suspects seem the girls' TTH bedroom or Joshley's Siloam Springs house. If the SS house, then Joshley has made progress on its rehab. If the TTH girls' ward, then Anna may still be holed up there or, more likely, Joy Anna is Meredith's J-Slave nanny.

https://www.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/videos/871657866301197/

It looks a lot like the girls room at TTH to me, but i could be wrong... In any case she probably is with her nanny... 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived