IGNORED

Anna & the M Kids – Part 7

FundieFarmer

22 minutes ago, Bethella said:

The house Josh and Anna bought was the Siloam Springs house and it was sold to the Duggars' lawyer friend Travis Story an LLC set up by the Duggars' lawyer friend Travis Story in October (?) in August after Josh went to rehab.siloam house.png

Yep, thats what I was saying, the picture of Joshley was in this house. Which is gone now, so not the one Merideth is in in the video

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jessalyn said:

Yep, thats what I was saying, the picture of Joshley was in this house. Which is gone now, so not the one Merideth is in in the video

My bad- I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you meant that both pictures were taken in the Siloam Springs house. That's what I get for trying to read FJ at 1:30 am. 

I just realized that Meredith's birthday wasn't mentioned on the Duggar FB page or any of the Instagram accounts. Anna is going to get pregnant with #5 and leave that poor baby in the dust.

Maybe not enough time has passed for them to acknowledge they have a son named Joshley with a family?

I just realized that Meredith's birthday wasn't mentioned on the Duggar FB page or any of the Instagram accounts. Anna is going to get pregnant with #5 and leave that poor baby in the dust.

And they're gonna name her Mercy.

7 hours ago, season of life said:

Let me fix this for you.

Happy Belated Birthday to out precious Meredith. She is such a joyful and Godly child. Her favorite Bible verse is John 3:16. She'll make someone a wonderful helpmeet someday.

On August 15, 2016 at 6:36 PM, backyard sylph said:

I was the youngest, and so maybe I should ask my older kids...but he has seen each of these milestones many more times than most of us could imagine. It'd take some kind of person he does not appear to be to appreciate them anew or extra because they came from his...

I just find him so repulsive, I find myself unable to type it out. I can actually forgive these people a whole lot of their stupid unenlightened crap, and unlike many of you, find quite a lot of it merely entertaining. He's just such a complete example of how you can't slap a Bandaid on nature with your half-baked automated cookie cutter nurture. (which is, btw, ots, the single reason I prefer the Bates for entertainment, [CUE OH BUT THAT MAKES THEM MORE AWFUL TROPE] as they have been acknowledged and nurtured as individuals, no matter what nutball morass that's in the middle of.) Because he was Josh, he was always gonna find an outlet for Joshliness, despite the "training" shoved at him.

Anyway. Maybe he cares. I don't think he can care in the same way Anna does, and I bet she already knows not to even expect it of him.

People stating the truth about the dangers of fundementalism on a snark site that exists to expose the dangers of fundementalism is a trope?  Are people having real discussions about how damaging this cult and their "stupid unelightened crap" is getting in the way of your entertainment?

Must be terrible for you.  I guess you got lost on the way to the comment section for People and wound up here.

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

People stating the truth about the dangers of fundementalism on a snark site that exists to expose the dangers of fundementalism is a trope?  Are people having real discussions about how damaging this cult and their "stupid unelightened crap" is getting in the way of your entertainment?

Must be terrible for you.  I guess you got lost on the way to the comment section for People and wound up here.

Okay. It's cool. We are all entertained by different versions of snark, is all. I am into a certain kind of nuance that is not rewarded as a feature here. I am not a person who's much into celebrity news, or young enough to know who most of them are, but thank you for your kind suggestion.

Just now, backyard sylph said:

Okay. It's cool. We are all entertained by different versions of snark, is all. I am into a certain kind of nuance that is not rewarded as a feature here. I am not a person who's much into celebrity news, or young enough to know who most of them are, but thank you for your kind suggestion.

Oh, okay.  I totally see the nuance in writing off the danger of Gothardism as "stupid unelightened crap" now that you pointed it out.

Blanket training (the cute term for beating infants), Ezzo, educational neglect, encouraging others to abandon the radical concept of planning families based on what parents can reasonably provide for materially and emotionally, teaching girls they are nothing but the sum totals of their countenance and reproductive organs...

i guess I wasn't smart enough to know that was all just 'unenlightened stupid crap" and not actually harmful.

But then again I'm simple enough to think beating infants with plumbing line is an unforgivable offense, so what do I know?

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Oh, okay.  I totally see the nuance in writing off the danger of Gothardism as "stupid unelightened crap" now that you pointed it out.

Blanket training (the cute term for beating infants), Ezzo, educational neglect, encouraging others to abandon the radical concept of planning families based on what parents can reasonably provide for materially and emotionally, teaching girls they are nothing but the sum totals of their countenance and reproductive organs...

i guess I wasn't smart enough to know that was all just 'unenlightened stupid crap" and not actually harmful.

But then again I'm simple enough to think beating infants with plumbing line is an unforgivable offense, so what do I know?

I'm not the arguing kind. And I dislike overtly negative language, except in hyperbole once in awhile. But I'm also not the sort of person who'd suggest most of what you've claimed I have, and so I will say. Please do carry on as you wish. I will still very occasionally defend finding something entertaining, despite it not being healthful for everyone. I drink a martini a couple of times a week, as well, sometimes three.

2 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

I'm not the arguing kind. And I dislike overtly negative language, except in hyperbole once in awhile. But I'm also not the sort of person who'd suggest most of what you've claimed I have, and so I will say. Please do carry on as you wish. I will still very occasionally defend finding something entertaining, despite it not being healthful for everyone. I drink a martini a couple of times a week, as well, sometimes three.

I quoted you.  Your post is right there.  You said you forgive a lot of their "stupid unenlightened crap."  The stupid unenlightened crap I mentioned is exactly what is brought up when your "cue the trope" happens.

I responded to what you said - not what kind of person you may or may not be.

I'm not arguing with you.  I don't care what you do or don't believe or if you personally buy into the "look!  Shiny!" Marketing scheme that the Bates are running.  

I'm responding to your post because I'm not going to let the statement that it's a trope that people have to hear about the danger stand without rebuttal in a public post.

I don't try to change the minds of humpers or people vapid enough to read here and still see this stuff as forgivable.  You have a right to say what you said, but if you're going to minimize the damage these people do with your words, then others (in this case me) will counter with other words disagreeing with your premise.  

2 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

I am into a certain kind of nuance that is not rewarded as a feature here. 

@backyard sylph's nuances are not clear to me at all.

My wishful thinking for not having Meridith's birthday announcement is that Anna (or even Josh) are trying to move on with their lives. No one wants to see the inevitable hateful comments on a sweet baby's birthday announcement. Perhaps Anna is taking a page from Alyssa Webster (Bates) by protecting her little children and stepping away from the public eye. For me, it's their baby and their decision and it would be weird to demand pictures of her. 

More likely the family is trying to distance themselves from Josh and his family but I'm okay with them not using her for likes and page hits. 

1 hour ago, eyerollsforjesus said:

More likely the family is trying to distance themselves from Josh and his family but I'm okay with them not using her for likes and page hits. 

Yeah. We have to remember just because they didn't plaster social media with stuff about Meredith doesn't mean she's a forgotten or ignored baby by her family. She could be...but she could also not be. 

I feel like the M-kids haven't been followed as closely ever since the scandals. 

On 8/19/2016 at 8:21 AM, Casserole said:

I hate myself for remembering this and being able to pull it up so quickly... but here are more photos of the guest house. David and Pris stayed there last year while helping work on the Siloam Springs house. I'm still not sure where it is on the property, but it's decorated the "Duggar"memorabilia and is separate from the main house. 

http://davidlovespriscilla.com/2015/08/11/visit-with-family/

I love that you remembered this! I was looking for pictures of the Siloam Springs house and never thought to check the Pecans' blog.

For what it's worth, there are pics in that blog post of the Duggars' guest house AND the Siloam Springs house. The guest house has some unusual door trims that always jump out at me, plus the furniture and wall hangings, like you mentioned. In the middle of the entry there are three shots of David and Josh working on the back porch and in the kitchen. Later there's a picture of Mike Keller holding Davia, surrounded by new kitchen appliances. I'm inclined to assume that photo was also taken in the Siloam Springs house.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Travis Story let them stay in the house. For all we know they're going to buy it back from him at some point (total conjecture on my part, to be clear).

I also compared the video of Meredith walking to the pool house and ruled it out. I'm not ready to rule out the guest house or Siloam Springs house quite yet.

24 minutes ago, halcionne said:

I also compared the video of Meredith walking to the pool house and ruled it out. I'm not ready to rule out the guest house or Siloam Springs house quite yet.

I don't know, the flooring and cabinets look very different than the ones in the guest house or the Siloam Springs house. 

23 minutes ago, Kira said:

I don't know, the flooring and cabinets look very different than the ones in the guest house or the Siloam Springs house. 

LOL I actually think they look pretty similar:

This birthday picture is clearly the guest house. Behind Anna's left shoulder there's a little end table or something right next to a doorway that is lacking the odd trim that so many of the doors in that place have. I think the floor looks pretty close, too.

The floor in the shot with Mike Keller (which I believe is the Siloam Springs house) is pretty light, too. :confusion-shrug:

DavidlovesPriscilla0726151647a.jpg

DavidlovesPriscilla0728151323f.jpg

1 hour ago, BackseatMom said:

Pris looks so much more like David than like Anna. Its bizarre how similar those two look.

Yep, they need a full genealogy check. Priss and Pecan look like brother and sister, amazingly so. 

On 8/20/2016 at 11:47 AM, backyard sylph said:

I will still very occasionally defend finding something entertaining, despite it not being healthful for everyone. I drink a martini a couple of times a week, as well, sometimes three.

Not healthful? WTF?! So basically you are saying you find covering up horrific systematic abuse and trying to normalize this behavior as entertainment. THAT is what you are defending and it is downplaying and whitewashing the really, really, REALLY terrible abuse to compare it to drinking a martini three times a week. 

No matter what people want to claim, when it comes to the sheer number of people hurt, the Duggars can't even come close the the Bates. How can people know that about them and still view them as "fun" entertainment? How can you turn a blind eye to level of evil they have been involved with and continue to be involved with? 

2 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

I thought Priss was preggo with #3, but she looks super slim in that photo. 

She is pregnant with number three. That picture is from a year ago. :) 

18 hours ago, Kira said:

Oh, it does look like the Silaom Springs house(I'm not 100% sure). I thought that house had darker floors and white cabinets :doh:

It might have before the renovations. If you look to the other side of the fridge in the Mike Keller pic above, it looks like plywood replacing pieces of floor that was previously darker. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived