IGNORED

Anna & the M Kids – Part 7

FundieFarmer

On 6/16/2016 at 2:23 PM, Bad Wolf said:

Aargh! Can't they come up with anything but what a joy each child is on their birthday? I guess Michael is too young to have a servant's heart.

Whoa. Whoa. Back up here. Servants' hearts are for the GIRLS.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24 June 2016 at 2:47 PM, 19 cats and counting said:

She was a bridesmaid for Jill but not for Jessa.  So we'll see.

I see Mack as a flower girl, Michael and Marcus as ring bearers.  Not sure if Meredith's old enough.

Jenni was a flower girl at the Josh-Anna wedding, and she was a year old at the time. Meredith isn't quite a year old, not till next week, but the family could easily bust out that wagon again. Of course, at the time of the Josh/Anna wedding there were no grandkids. Johannah is Jinger's buddy, I think, so she could be a junior bridesmaid. I don't know if Jinger will do a Jill and include all the little Duggar girls in the wedding or not. Jeremy has a fairly small family, right? No little sisters. So Jenni, Jordyn and Josie could all be flower girls, with Mack, and maybe Jackson will pull along a cart with Meredith, Izzy and Spud in it. From what we've seen fundies tend to parade the babies at a wedding. Mikey was in a cart at the David/Priscilla wedding, Jenny was in one at the Josh/Anna one, and Bradley Bates was a 'ringbearer' at Michaella's wedding when he wasn't even one. Obviously we don't know for sure, but Meredith could be involved.

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

Jenni was a flower girl at the Josh-Anna wedding, and she was a year old at the time. Meredith isn't quite a year old, not till next week, but the family could easily bust out that wagon again. Of course, at the time of the Josh/Anna wedding there were no grandkids. Johannah is Jinger's buddy, I think, so she could be a junior bridesmaid. I don't know if Jinger will do a Jill and include all the little Duggar girls in the wedding or not. Jeremy has a fairly small family, right? No little sisters. So Jenni, Jordyn and Josie could all be flower girls, with Mack, and maybe Jackson will pull along a cart with Meredith, Izzy and Spud in it. From what we've seen fundies tend to parade the babies at a wedding. Mikey was in a cart at the David/Priscilla wedding, Jenny was in one at the Josh/Anna one, and Bradley Bates was a 'ringbearer' at Michaella's wedding when he wasn't even one. Obviously we don't know for sure, but Meredith could be involved.

The whole 'Babies on Parade' aesthetic at fundie weddings has always driven me nuts. I don't like kids to begin with, though,

19 minutes ago, OrchidBlossom said:

The whole 'Babies on Parade' aesthetic at fundie weddings has always driven me nuts. 

That bothers me also. My friend's daughter was in our other friends wedding but my friends parents were at the service in case she wanted sit with him. 

36 minutes ago, OrchidBlossom said:

The whole 'Babies on Parade' aesthetic at fundie weddings has always driven me nuts. I don't like kids to begin with, though,

I like kids :P But I totally get where you're coming from. One of their big things is fertility and it's just a big opportunity for the families to go LOOK AT OUR CUTE BAYBEEZ!!! 

I knew a girl who was having her wedding video-d & some 2 yo in the congregation began to howl until it became afull-out 5 alarm temper tantrum in the isle. The girl said it ruined the whole vid. as it came just as they were reading their especially-written vows. You would think the mother would have hauled the kid out, wouldn't you. Our pastor's kid did that once, just as he started the silent confessions. Church was dead-quiet b/c you know what sinners us Presbyterians are; kid is lying in the isle kicking & screaming. Mother looked totally flummoxed. Pastor came down off the alter, picked The Screamer up & carried him out of the sanctuary.. When I was a kid, that kind of thing got you a 1/4 cup of cold water right in the kisser.

I didn't have flower girls or ring bearers at my wedding just to avoid screaming, howling kids. The last thing I needed was a vertigo attack at the alter.

5 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

I didn't have flower girls or ring bearers at my wedding just to avoid screaming, howling kids. The last thing I needed was a vertigo attack at the alter.

If I ever get married I won't either for the same reasons. 

On 6/23/2016 at 1:52 PM, 2manyKidzzz said:

OMG, they got Anna to clean bathrooms and do dishes and do the work nobody else wants to do. 

I really can't think of a response fit to print for this one. 

I shoulda looked for a husband with a servant's heart.  I'm sick of doing the dishes around here.

14 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

I did have 3 flower girls and 1 ring bearer, because we wanted to include nieces and nephew, but we kept it really simple. They walked up to the front of the church in pairs and then sat down with their grandmas (who were holding the candy they were promised :my_biggrin: ). They would have been sitting in the pews during the ceremony anyway, so the only danger was if they had trouble walking up the aisle. It went pretty well. 

My 2 were in their cousin's wedding last summer. We did almost the same thing, except that mine left the ceremony area right after they got to the front with my sibling. 

I can understand why people choose not to have kids as part of the wedding party, or even not have any at their wedding at all, but it doesn't always end in disaster. :) 

We left the 1 year olds out of the wedding party, though. No baby parade.

We opted for no ringbearer/flower girls either and that really pissed a few of my family members off because they assumed I would use their children for the job.

Fuck 'em. 

I love flower girls and ring bearers and little barefoot children at weddings, but I didn't have them in my own.  

I don't really have any little children in my family (and my boyfriend doesn't have any close relatives with very small children), so I don't think I'll be having anything like that. I'm totally fine with it though. I was a flower girl and it was more awkward than anything. 

Or maybe I can just throw my own flowers all over the place. :pb_lol:

I had my 4yo niece be the flower girl for my daughter's wedding. Made her dress. Little ring of baby's breath on her head. Little Shit would not walk down the isle. Maid of honor had to bring her down holding her hand.

15 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Unlike you BABY HATERS, I will be doing my future wedding Hammer-style:

IMG_9148.jpg

This is not what I was expecting when you said "hammer style". I was expecting Hammer Pants. and dancing. 

I got married last month. My two nieces, who are both 9, were flower girls and they were perfect and it was great. But thankfully they are 9, not 0-4. 

13 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I got married last month. My two nieces, who are both 9, were flower girls and they were perfect and it was great. But thankfully they are 9, not 0-4. 

Exactly they are 9. They probably wanted to be in your wedding & they knew how to behave. 

1 hour ago, nickelodeon said:

IMG_9148.jpg

This is actually my worst nightmare.

4 minutes ago, OrchidBlossom said:

This is actually my worst nightmare.

Mine too.  I've been to a bunch of weddings only a few had kids it was great!!  

Here the tradition is to have just kids on the wedding party. You have a girl and a boy, that will carry the rings and the coins (yes, that's a thing). Sometimes some other little kid that will throw flowers or something. No bridesmaids or anything else. I have been the little girl in several family weddings betweet the ages of 3 and 6 because i was the only little girl then

I don't understand babies in weddings. I attended one where the couple's not even one year old son was the "Junior best man" and he screamed the entire time and the grandmother had to take him outside. Why do that?

16 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

IMG_9148.jpg

You got your MC Hammer posse, definitely.  Who would do this?  Is the bride an older orphan girl leaving the convent or whatever to get married, and the poor other little orphan girls only had their first communion dresses to wear?  Is this some sort of fundy wedding where I can't afford a gift, but you can have my youngest daughter instead as your j-slave?  A kindergarten teacher at a girls kindy who invited all of her students to participate?  Maybe some bizarro purity ceremony for the young ones so they can be "pure" on their wedding day just like uber-Bride?

This thread reminded me that poor Jinger's buddies are loosing their Mom.  I guess there's always Jana.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived