IGNORED

Jessa, Ben, and Spurgeon part 5

Criscat

12 minutes ago, BadMurphy said:

When I saw this picture I thought "hmm...that's a coincidence considering Enty's latest blind about the Duggar in-law who is having an affair...." 

Probably just a coincidence b/c I don't always believe his blinds but I got a laugh out of it.

What did it say??

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, nst said:

\\\\ithink that he gets paid to wear those according to pickles  :D

Or at least they sent him the shirt for free--the same company sent Alyssa Bates Webster a tshirt about a week & half ago--she modeled on Instagram and implied she got it for free

Just now, HereticHick said:

Or at least they sent him the shirt for free--the same company sent Alyssa Bates Webster a tshirt about a week & half ago--she modeled on Instagram and implied she got it for free

well then he is getting a lot of stuff for free then

those hats, etc 

and again they want him to be a walking billboard - it's his new job 

1 hour ago, Petrel said:

The fundies I have been around generally say animals have no spirit and thus cannot sin.  When they die their souls are annihilated.  

Don't they know that all dogs go to heaven? (but not all cats do..)

1 minute ago, RabbitKM said:

Don't they know that all dogs go to heaven? (but not all cats do..)

Yeah, I heard they made a movie about that

6 hours ago, paulypepper said:

This reminds me of a few years back we had a super fundie guy working with us and he told another that animals had no souls...needless to say he was not very popular.

If after I die and my soul reaches a fork in the afterlife road, and one sign says "go this way and you'll meet up with all the cats and dogs that have passed into the afterlife" and in the other direction the sign tells me that's where all the fundamentalists have gone:  Believe me, I will head straight toward the heavenly cats and dogs.  Give me soulless heathen dogs with their unconditional love and devotion any day of the week.  Give me a supercilious cat who deigns to let me scritch her under the chin over any of the narrow-minded fundies we talk about here, who think women are good for one thing only.

Certain Christians like to think that animals are soulless  because that makes them feel special; God made man in his image which sets humans apart and close to God.  Gorillas, on the other hand, are just mindless animals who are of no importance and not related to us in any way.  Evolution never happened. Animals are set on earth to be Adam's property to do with as he chooses and in the long run their lives matter not a wit because God only cares about humans. So if you want to get a cat or dog and abandon it when you get tired of feeding it-- it's perfectly fine.  There are plenty more puppies and kittens out there.

So maybe Derrick was trying to do that cat a favor by running over with a sled? End it's poor sinning cat's soul's suffering.  All cats are sinners!!!

That cat is somewhere lying in wait to get revenge for that. Cats never forget.

One of my favorite Twilight Zone episodes dealt with an old mountaineer who goes coon hunting with his faithful blue-tick coonhound, Rip.  During the night, the old man dies but he think that's he's gone to sleep and then awakened.  He is walking along this path when a man tries to entice the old man to turn onto his path.  Rip is very restless and, as it turns out, Rip isn't allowed to go down that path anyway.  The old man and Rip walk along a bit further and run into a guy who says he's been waiting for them both.  He's going to take them to Heaven.  Apparently, they don't let dogs into Hell because they can smell the brimstone and the angel agree with the old man that Heaven just wouldn't be Heaven without dogs!

The Twilight Zone: The Hunt

This episode of TZ was written by Earl Hammer, jr, the creator of The Waltons.

are we talking old episodes of tv shows that inspire us 

Let's see - The episode of Baywatch where the female lifeguard got killed by a shark, that moved me to tears in highschool, or was the episode of Melrose Place where Alison kissed Parker Stevenson's character and cheated on Billy couldn't watch that - had to tape it - or was it the episode where Georgie's son got Leukemia on sisters, for me it was when sandy died on Growing Pains, that was sad. 

But nothing will top the episode when Mickey tried to save Sue Ellen on Dallas and he got seriously hurt 

Who would go to this?

Due to the content, no men or kids under 10 allowed. So weird.

1 hour ago, ClaraOswin said:

Who would go to this?

Fashionably modest? Who is following Jessa's style? God told Jessa to wear clothes that look two sizes to big and cake on eyeliner? Why is Ben there? Did he sit on the stage while other men weren't allowed to attend? How will the fundy women listen to Jessa pontificate on all things stupid if they can't bring their 7 kids under 9 with them? 

If she was promoting this, I would go. 

That was interesting to watch. Cool how some of the women featured changed their fashion over a couple of years, and for what reasons. 

I notice that the fashionable young women wearing the hijab head coverings made full use of the fabric to create extra folds at the top/sides for volume and added a bustle at the back for a prettier line. I saw this when I visited a Muslim country -  rather than the tight fitting scarf worn by older and/or more conservative women, which unless you have a perfectly proportioned face, is very severe -  they are in effect using fabric to recreate hair. 

In India, a common clothing style, at least when I visited, was longish tunics made of beautiful fabrics over either slim or flowy pants. The tunics really impressed me as a comfy and flattering look which made my jeans and t-shirts seem pretty uninspired.  

Not a comment on religion at all.  Just saying that in some parts of the world I've been impressed by how more attractive clothing is. (I'm a sucker for color! ) When did jeans stop being work clothes and start being our everything, anyway??

The first thing I thought of when I read the bit about no men and kids under 10 was, what about Jessa's man and kid under 10? Can't imagine Ben being left at home to mind the baby and miss out sitting next to her on stage and signing pictures.

it's Jessa's new brand - but bonus points for Ben actually getting to sign something other than Spud or Jessa's face 

A PR machine doing it's job

he must be ecstatic 

#theedgypreacher 

Is Jessa going to talk about bras and underwear? Is that way men can't attend? So weird. 

So, can a 10 year old boy go? How about a 17 year old? This is not very clear. They need a disclaimer, like at the beginning of Call the Midwife, so people would know what to expect.

10 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

But then who will be accountable for these women?! These temptresses cannot be trusted!

3 minutes ago, CharityBear said:

But then who will be accountable for these women?! These temptresses cannot be trusted!

I think you are on to something here, Bear!!!! Is there a GodlyModestPoliceForce available?!?!?

Once again I am being disrespectful...and I am not sorry!!

5 hours ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

The first thing I thought of when I read the bit about no men and kids under 10 was, what about Jessa's man and kid under 10? Can't imagine Ben being left at home to mind the baby and miss out sitting next to her on stage and signing pictures.

The reason that they gave for no men or children under 10 was that their church didn't have the seating room and I suspect they were planning on a large crowd.  I'm guessing it was also part of Jessa's contract.  I don't think she'd talk about underwear or sleep wear with a man in the audience.  JMO

On 4/4/2016 at 7:12 AM, albanuadh_1 said:

Anyone see Ben's new haircut? He looks like a monk. The picture is either on Cancel the Duggars or Pickles.

How can anyone see his hair cut - he always has a dumb hat turned ass backwards. 

Someone needs to teach that ding a ling some hat etiquette

On 4/5/2016 at 8:46 AM, missegeno said:

I wonder too. I doubt they realize how prevalent family planning really is. I wouldn't be surprised if they think praying for a bit more space between pregnancies is sufficient to avoid such a mega sized brood, which may be seen as the fruits of Michelle constantly praying for more. These people think prayer fixes everything, so I bet they think it also addresses family size.

They cannot use 'natural family planning' (avoiding sex during ovulation) because then the woman wouldn't be available for her husband.    Anything other than actual vaginal sex is considered wrong - so she can even lend him a hand let alone eat at the Y

13 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Who would go to this?

I can't imagine who would waste the time to go this.  That being said, her makeup is absolutely perfect in that picture!  In my opinion, at least.

22 minutes ago, thedeathllama said:

I can't imagine who would waste the time to go this.  That being said, her makeup is absolutely perfect in that picture!  In my opinion, at least.

Filters and Photoshop do wonders!

• sawasdee featured this topic
  • SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic
  • Destiny unfeatured this topic

Archived