IGNORED

Jessa, Ben, and Spurgeon part 5

Criscat

1 minute ago, Mothership said:

Someone help out here.  I know that they posted early on as kids received their GEDs and then stopped around Jinger.  Am I recalling correctly?  Is it speculation that they stopped earning them or was there other information that they no longer had them?  Does Clown college require GEDs?

I think they threw a party for Josiah's graduation, presumably that was for his GED?

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember Michelle saying Josiah had "finally graduated from High school & that he was 19; it took a while."

maybe he was just more determined b/c he wanted to go to college but I wasn't expecting him to go to a Mickey Mouse school. I guess JB wants to approve all courses they would be taking. That could be tricky b/c you might get into a geology class & they will blurt out that the earth is millions of years old or they might get into a discussion on ...the evil...birth control! Or they might see 2 guys holding hands or what's worse, your lab partner might be wearing a short skirt & a halter top. NIKE!!

Wait...Josiah is 19 now, isn't he? That graduation party was 18 months ago (or was it in the Fall of 2014)?

Bin is such a filthy sinner!  But, he's forgiven!!  Pimpin' out that fundiewear!

12985443_471081259764207_206148285142059

Well he is a Calvanist. Isn't one of the core beliefs of Calvinism that your very existence is sin? 

SO MUCH ANGST BEN :sad-roulette:

7 hours ago, SassyPants said:

So who will pay the tuition/room and board fees if applicable?

Even for distance learning, tuition is >$300/per hour unit.

Will The Seewalds need to foot the bill for extended education? I can't seeing JB shelling out for such, unless it's part of a TLC episode (or several) and considered part of filming costs.

CC fees and tuition at a private university are light years apart.

That is a good question.  

I am assuming Ben and Jessa are making some money from the TLC show, and Ben supposedly gets some payment from JB for cleaning and landscaping or whatever.  So he might be able to afford the $3700-$4600 semester tuition for online classes.

He could also be applying for a scholarship, or maybe JB will pay, because, although he isn't big on education in general, JB does seem to respect preachers and folks who study the Bible.  

If Ben wants to move with Jessa to Chicago, that might be harder for JB to accept/support. 

10 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

That is a good question.  

I am assuming Ben and Jessa are making some money from the TLC show, and Ben supposedly gets some payment from JB for cleaning and landscaping or whatever.  So he might be able to afford the $3700-$4600 semester tuition for online classes.

He could also be applying for a scholarship, or maybe JB will pay, because, although he isn't big on education in general, JB does seem to respect preachers and folks who study the Bible.  

If Ben wants to move with Jessa to Chicago, that might be harder for JB to accept/support. 

I'll be interested to find out if we ever do. Of course moving to Chicago will be obvious....but then how will  they be "Counting On" with BinJessa in Chicago and JillyMuffin in CintralMerica. 

So, we shall see.

8 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

From me or the general public? It definitely bothered me.

In general. Mostly in response to the article. 

So based off the videos on TLC's website, it seems like Jessa's siblings love Spurgeon's name as much as we do. I think Jinger actually said "it was hard to call him Spurgeon."

6 hours ago, nst said:

\\\\ithink that he gets paid to wear those according to pickles  :D

He has to support his family somehow, I suppose. Playing wannabe rapper isn't going to pay the bills.

12 hours ago, MatthewDuggar said:

Bin is such a filthy sinner!  But, he's forgiven!!  Pimpin' out that fundiewear!

Forgive me, but I'm just wondering what all these people seem to need to be forgiven for. I mean they are total Christians and as such they should not have naughty thoughts .....so what are these peeps doing behind the scenes that they need to be forgiven for? Well we know about Josh, but I guess I just don't get the whole thing. I consider myself a 'normal' man and I don't think I need to be forgiven for every thought I have, because obviously God gave us these thoughts and desires so why would he hate us for having them?

12 minutes ago, paulypepper said:

Forgive me, but I'm just wondering what all these people seem to need to be forgiven for. I mean they are total Christians and as such they should not have naughty thoughts .....so what are these peeps doing behind the scenes that they need to be forgiven for? Well we know about Josh, but I guess I just don't get the whole thing. I consider myself a 'normal' man and I don't think I need to be forgiven for every thought I have, because obviously God gave us these thoughts and desires so why would he hate us for having them?

Oh no...see that's the very crux of the Good Person Test. You think you are a good person, but you are NOT. Hence, why you need Jesus to save your soul. This is the whole fundie thing. They want your average Joes out there to know that you aren't living up to God's standards, no matter what. So just accept that you need forgiveness. 

Even christians are known to sometimes snap and speak harshly to people. Whole sermons have been preached on the necessity of seeking forgiveness for this.

And honestly, how many of us HAVEN'T stolen SOMETHING in our lives? Did you tell your mother she didn't look fat in that dress? That was a lie. You should seek forgiveness.

See, I, as a former christian, can come up with eleventh bajillion things to seek forgiveness for, and I haven't even really gotten started.

26 minutes ago, paulypepper said:

You (and much of the rest of the world): people are generally born good, with a desire to help and please others. Bad behavior or illegal behavior is most often caused by societal pressures and disadvantages.  No one is perfect and we all make mistakes, but for the most part humanity strives to do the right thing.  (with the exception of socio/psychopaths and donald trump, who were clearly born evil).

Evangelical Christians: we are all born evil and bad, and desiring to sin. Every little slip up, from an infant "disobeying" to a man admiring a female. Many things you and I might consider normal human behavior, they consider evil and in need of forgiving. We are all evil, and strictly following very specific rules and worshipping Jesus just right is the only way to be a good person.  Bin has been forgiven for being born. And since he is white and male, and the right kind of christian he gets forgiven much easier than others.

This is probably why we don't see a lot of fundie pets- cost for one thing, but mostly i think it's because pets really can't be saved.I mean, they can't promise to take jesus into their hearts and yada yada, so they are born evil with no route for forgiveness. That can unnerving for them to have around, all those unsaved doggy souls.

Note: sociopaths aren't born evil! sorry, it's early. They just struggle to understand humanity and aren't really seeking to do good. Or bad.  Just get through without causing trouble or alerting anyone to the fact that they don't experience emotions in the same way, and don't believe others do either. (they often think everyone is faking emotions all the time, because that's what they do).  Psychopaths on the other hand are a different story.

Good preaching is based on oratorical skills.  Ben is one of the most inarticulate speakers I've ever heard.  The boy isn't a natural.  He's way too much in his head and doesn't have a clue how to connect with a crowd.  Maybe he could learn what makes for good exhortation at Moody, but this is a practical skill set best learned face-to-face.  Written sermons are not the spoken word.

37 minutes ago, paulypepper said:

it's his only way to connect

wearing stuff on his head and body and it's getting obnoxious  

he has become  a walking billboard 

soon he will be blinking 

45 minutes ago, quiverofdoubt said:

This is probably why we don't see a lot of fundie pets- cost for one thing, but mostly i think it's because pets really can't be saved.I mean, they can't promise to take jesus into their hearts and yada yada, so they are born evil with no route for forgiveness. That can unnerving for them to have around, all those unsaved doggy souls.

This reminds me of a few years back we had a super fundie guy working with us and he told another that animals had no souls...needless to say he was not very popular.

So maybe Derrick was trying to do that cat a favor by running over with a sled? End it's poor sinning cat's soul's suffering.  All cats are sinners!!!

3 hours ago, RabbitKM said:

All cats are sinners!!!

If I wasn't already on this site, I'd sign up with that as my handle!

4 hours ago, quiverofdoubt said:

The fundies I have been around generally say animals have no spirit and thus cannot sin.  When they die their souls are annihilated.  

4 hours ago, Drala said:

Good preaching is based on oratorical skills.  Ben is one of the most inarticulate speakers I've ever heard.  The boy isn't a natural.  He's way too much in his head and doesn't have a clue how to connect with a crowd.  Maybe he could learn what makes for good exhortation at Moody, but this is a practical skill set best learned face-to-face.  Written sermons are not the spoken word.

Maybe he could join Toastmasters of Tontitown.

17 hours ago, MatthewDuggar said:

When I saw this picture I thought "hmm...that's a coincidence considering Enty's latest blind about the Duggar in-law who is having an affair...." 

Probably just a coincidence b/c I don't always believe his blinds but I got a laugh out of it.

• sawasdee featured this topic
  • SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic
  • Destiny unfeatured this topic

Archived