IGNORED

Jessa, Ben, and Spurgeon part 5

Criscat

If Jessa had any smarts, she'd get Jana to design some "modest wear" & see if it would sell. Even when I was a young girl, I was always looking for modest clothes..(grew up Quaker).

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/6/2016 at 3:58 PM, ClaraOswin said:

Oh, don't worry...they Duggars don't bother with pesky things like safety of a child. All they need is God to keep them safe. :pb_rollseyes:

And they have plenty of spare kids so that if one is missing it takes a while to figure it out

5 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

And they have plenty of spare kids so that if one is missing it takes a while to figure it out

unless it's Jana, Jinger or Joy

13 hours ago, socalrules said:

Fashionably modest? Who is following Jessa's style? God told Jessa to wear clothes that look two sizes to big and cake on eyeliner? Why is Ben there? Did he sit on the stage while other men weren't allowed to attend? How will the fundy women listen to Jessa pontificate on all things stupid if they can't bring their 7 kids under 9 with them? 

Maybe Ben is considered a kid over 10.

7 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Is Jessa going to talk about bras and underwear? Is that way men can't attend? So weird. 

BRAS? Let's hope NOT.

3 hours ago, MatthewDuggar said:

Filters and Photoshop do wonders!

not to mention it is from the people magazine shoot 

so yes her make up is perfect because professionals worked on her 

6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

BRAS? Let's hope NOT.

no she is going to talk about how the Lord gave Ben and Spud and how they play games 

4 hours ago, thedeathllama said:

I can't imagine who would waste the time to go this.  That being said, her makeup is absolutely perfect in that picture!  In my opinion, at least.

It was April 2, has anyone heard anything about it?

17 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Who would go to this?

Due to the content, no men or kids under 10 allowed. So weird.

When I clicked on this picture and it took me to a Facebook page, it said at the bottom, "Due to the content and direction of the seminar, we are only selling to ladies ages 10 and up. Men, infants and children under the age of 10 will regretfully be unable to attend.'

So no infants either?  For Jessa's "crowd" that is pretty bold. 

I wish we would hear more about this.  Especially the kind of content that was discussed.  

I saw some pictures from it on Instagram. Looks like Ben and Spurge went on stage with her for part of it. And I think Ben also signed autographs at the table with her.

Perfect.  So the women in the audience had to leave their babies and husbands at home but Jessa got to bring hers.  "I can't do anything or go anywhere without my child and husband but that is because they are super special." I'm sure Bin was a tremendous asset to Jessa's speaking appearance. :my_rolleyes:

49 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I saw some pictures from it on Instagram. Looks like Ben and Spurge went on stage with her for part of it. And I think Ben also signed autographs at the table with her.

No infants or men, except a Duggar headship and spawn? 

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

No infants or men, except a Duggar headship and spawn? 

Ben must have issues with sharing the room with other unclean men :D

3 minutes ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

Perfect.  So the women in the audience had to leave their babies and husbands at home but Jessa got to bring hers.  "I can't do anything or go anywhere without my child and husband but that is because they are super special." I'm sure Bin was a tremendous asset to Jessa's speaking appearance. :my_rolleyes:

especially when Ben puts the microphone under Spud's mouth and he grunts in a microphone 

riveting 

6 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

If Jessa had any smarts, she'd get Jana to design some "modest wear" & see if it would sell. Even when I was a young girl, I was always looking for modest clothes..(grew up Quaker).

i think in today's Internet age--there are plenty of Mormon, Orthodox Jewish and Moslem entrepreneurs that have already staked out that territory.

I think Mormon clothing businesses alone--like DownEast Basics and Shabby Apple-- have got the modest clothing business for fundy Christians adequately covered (so to speak)

5 hours ago, doubleT said:

When I clicked on this picture and it took me to a Facebook page, it said at the bottom, "Due to the content and direction of the seminar, we are only selling to ladies ages 10 and up. Men, infants and children under the age of 10 will regretfully be unable to attend.'

So no infants either?  For Jessa's "crowd" that is pretty bold. 

I wish we would hear more about this.  Especially the kind of content that was discussed.  

From the True Light Baptist Church FB page:

Tickets are now available for our April 2nd event, "Fashionably Modest" featuring guest speaker Jessa Seewald!!

Tickets Here: https://truelightbaptist.yapsody.com

Our event consisting of a two part session, directed by Jessa Seewald will cover her testimony and she'll discuss how our God has impacted her fashion style of modest apparel.

Doors for the event open at 9:00am. Those preregistered are able to check in anytime before 10:00am by exchanging their confirmation number for their entry bracelet.

Due to the content and direction of the seminar, we are only selling to ladies ages 10 and up. Men, infants and children under the age of 10 will regretfully be unable to attend.

Bolded by me......directed by Jessa?

ETA: https://www.facebook.com/True-Light-Baptist-Church-49764408297/

20 hours ago, MoonFace said:

It always makes me think of what comedian Dave Barry once said, how he had his main dog Earnest and his emergency backup dog Zippy. Thats how it seems they think of their kids. JD is the emergency backup kid for Josh, and Joy or Jinger for Jill

Due to the content and direction of the seminar, we are only selling to ladies ages 10 and up. Men, infants and children under the age of 10 will regretfully be unable to attend.

I don't understand what this means.  Content and direction? The content is too intimate for the innocent children and men to hear?  But what is direction?  And why is Jessa directing it?  Very weird.  I hardly think that infants could be offended by any direction or content unless Jessa and Bin are tossing the ladies in the air and whirling them around.  The only thing I can come up with is that Jessa "directed" her handlers to exclude all children and men because she didn't want her audience to be distracted. Which doesn't seem likely as I would think she would want as many tickets sold as possible.

I assume the seminar will discuss "ladies only" things that Jessa wouldn't want to discuss in front of children or non-spousal men.  What kind of "ladies only" things?  The mind boggles.  Pregnancy stuff?  These people are pretty open about that already.  Joshgate related stuff?  I'd be shocked if it were about the molestation cover up.  The cheating scandal is a possibility. I could see a discussion along the lines of "How to keep your man from cheating on you," tbh.  

ETA, I just saw how it's about Jessa's "testimony" and her modest fashion.  I guess the molestation scandal fallout is still on the table, then.

On 4/10/2016 at 0:23 AM, ClaraOswin said:

Who would go to this?

Due to the content, no men or kids under 10 allowed. So weird.

There are a few fan pics from the event. So glad DJ Benji dressed up for this church event. :my_confused:

Based off what I see in that fan picture, I do believe that Jessa was wearing extensions pre Spurge. I know there was some debate on it. Or she had crazy pregnancy hair growth/thickness and has now lost it all. Her hair definitely doesnt seem as thick.. and not just there.

On 4/10/2016 at 1:44 AM, socalrules said:

Fashionably modest? Who is following Jessa's style? God told Jessa to wear clothes that look two sizes to big and cake on eyeliner? Why is Ben there? Did he sit on the stage while other men weren't allowed to attend? How will the fundy women listen to Jessa pontificate on all things stupid if they can't bring their 7 kids under 9 with them? 

How will the fundie women be able to attend if their headships don't agree to babysit?

27 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Does his hat say "Lick?"

Lice?  

I think it's actually L.L.C. and some letter I cannot read.  B, maybe?

26 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Does his hat say "Lick?"

at first glance i thought it was tl;dr

LL?K, with a crown over the K...i think it might be Long Live The King

9 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

at first glance i thought it was tl;dr

LL?K, with a crown over the K...i think it might be Long Live The King

If so, I'm assuming he doesn't mean Elvis...

ETA:  Also, I just lost 15 minutes of my life googling Christian hats. Face palm. 

• sawasdee featured this topic
  • SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic
  • Destiny unfeatured this topic

Archived