IGNORED

Jessa, Ben, and Spurgeon part 5

Criscat

The tiniest boom ate all the sushi Mr.boom brought home for me tonight. Today was a long day and I really wanted it. Little twerp, I love him so! Kid has good taste! 

Should note, it was veggie sushi, there was some krab but I was scared of him eating that.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the dress worn by DQ and Kelly looks kind of like an armadillo. The layers kind of creep me out. DQ looks like she could be choking in that dress. 

I am being cruel. Oh well. 

1 minute ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I think the dress worn by DQ and Kelly looks kind of like an armadillo. The layers kind of creep me out. DQ looks like she could be choking in that dress. 

I am being cruel. Oh well. 

No you're not. That dress was hideous! Kelly looked nice in it, DQ looked horrible. 

about the newest episode *pinches bridge of nose*

-they made it seem like Bin is this huge hiphop fan and like it's a huge part of who he is (at least that's how it came across to me) and then he goes "I've been listening to Christian(! always emphasized) hip hop for....a year and a half now." ......anyone can get into anything at any time of course but it still made me laugh.

-is that Flame guy just playing along to get exposure? 

-Jessa kept looking at the Spec dude like he was crazy haha you could tell, in general, she had no idea what she was doing there. 

-the whole thing seemed like a totally forced story line to me. Oh wait. It's the Duggars...silly me. When does it ever not. duh!

-they legit called the baby Spurge. (Flame and his friends)

-when Bin got a tour of Flame's old stomping grounds, Blessa was granted an Indian restaurant date with the wife of Flame (was his wife right?)  and Blessa goes (totally naturally and not scripted) "did you bring any wedding pictures?" and the lady conveniently had this super huge and heavy bound picture book. 

-Bin inspired by Flame's experiences (cue: white saviour syndrome) talking about how he is considering becoming an inner city missionary (I can't make this up) and all I thought was Bin would get torn to shreds in an inner city environment. Trust me inner city youth need role models, people they can connect with and look up to...Bin is not it. And it has nothing to do with him being white. Flame even made it a point to say that you can't just waltz in. You have to gain the trust of people and make sure they know your intention are right, etc. He's talking to a dude whose in laws are in Cintral America right now converting Catholics without actually trying to improve living situations down there (at least build a well for Goodness sake) 

-I'm done.

29 minutes ago, MakeItSo said:

-when Bin got a tour of Flame's old stomping grounds, Blessa was granted an Indian restaurant date with the wife of Flame (was his wife right?)  and Blessa goes (totally naturally and not scripted) "did you bring any wedding pictures?" and the lady conveniently had this super huge and heavy bound picture book. 

Hahaha, they needed something to talk about, right? :pb_lol:

@happy atheist, do we have a post count about Beezy's new hip hop career? 

Beezy droppin' beats while he ministers in tha streetz. :music-singing:

I'll see my silly self out now. 

4 hours ago, divadivine said:

Speaking from the "I have hella messed up feet" camp, I don't blame DQ or Kelly Jo for not wearing heels. However, they could have found some nice pumps that actually went with the dress. They didn't even try. Kelly's shoes look like the ones my Mom wears to garden. The ones you just wash off with the garden hose because they're plastic.

I cannot wear heels. I'm 7 weeks out from my bunion surgery. I can wear tennis shoes right now & that's it. I look like a total douche with my tennis shoes & dress pants. But it's all I can wear & it's not a walking boot! 

Someday I will have pretty feet & I'll be able to wear pretty shoes. Considering I have another bunion surgery ahead of me, I might be able to wear two real shoes (at the same time) sometime next year. But it's worth it because the pain in my feet was unbearable. 

Kelly's dress has one less layer of stuff than DQ's dress. The dress could have been pretty if they wore the right shoes & didn't hike it up to their chin.  

I am starting to get bunions now...likely due to my recent RA diagnosis. Fun fun! I dread the future. The surgery looks scary! I'm not sure it's even that helpful for people like me anyway since they would likely come right back. I've always been a tennis shoes person anyway, thankfully.

As far as that dress...I don't think it's THAT bad pre-modesty alterations. But it just looks like Michelle put a big t-shirt on underneath. So weird.

8 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

If there are indeed two of these lovely creations, where did they come from? What store? What are the odds that two very strange dresses that are identical would be chosen by these two women both with 19 children.

I should worry about world peace instead. 

From what I recall it was from David's Bridal. 

13 hours ago, imokit said:

Here's the thing.  I don't dress for men or for the opposite gender.  I dress for me.  I wear things which I like and which make me feel comfortable and I hope flatter me.  Personally my choices are dresses with short to above knee skirts.  Shorter dresses get coupled with black tights at work.  Cleavage gets hidden at work.

Could men stumble by what I wear?  Yes.  Do I care?  No.  It's not my job to protect men's eyes, and men have been stumbling since man began.  What makes people stumble is relative, in Victorian times an ankle led to sexy thought.  The men who can't see me as person due to what I'm wearing aren't men I want to be around. If someone gets hard because I walked passed, then that's their issue, yes certain clothes make it more likely but it will still happen.  Dealing with people your attracted to, while knowing nothing will happen, is something everyone has to deal with.

For me, my clothing has nothing to do with the opposite gender and sometimes I think men get a bit egocentric in thinking that all female clothing choices are about them.

Agreed. It is not my problem what some men think when they see me. I'll dress the way I like (and to fit the occasion). I can't even with some of the slut-shaming that's starting up in this thread. How about you mind your own clothes (and your underage daughters', if you absolutely have to) and leave everyone else alone with your judginess.

By the way, it get catcalled all the damn time even when I'm wearing winter clothes, including a thick coat that goes down to my mid-thighs. It doesn't fucking matter what women wear!

Glad I got that out of my system. ;)

I've been catcalled in sweatpants, aka the least sexy garmet worn by mainstream people (aka not fundies so no frumpers).  

12 hours ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

Right after Jill's wedding, someone found the dress online. I'm not sure how you search to find that. Plus, it was reported that a modesty panel was added. 

It was from the Dress Barn.  The link says the dress is "no longer availabe".  :my_sad:
http://starcasm.net/archives/278861
Guess there was a run on them after seeing the likes of Michelle & Kelly sporting them.  :dance: 

9 hours ago, Quivering Uterus said:

It's a dress for a "mummy", *snorkle* thats for sure.  :  p.   

Ahh I see what you did there...good one :pb_lol:

54 minutes ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

It was from the Dress Barn.  The link says the dress is "no longer availabe".  :my_sad:
http://starcasm.net/archives/278861
Guess there was a run on them after seeing the likes of Michelle & Kelly sporting them.  :dance: 

Reminds me of when I was in junior high school there was a stampede to buy Brenda & Kelly's dress that they both wore to the Spring Dance (90210, season 2 I think, the black and white dress); literally 3/4 of the girls wore that same damn dress to the 8th grade formal.

1 hour ago, Denim Jumper said:

Reminds me of when I was in junior high school there was a stampede to buy Brenda & Kelly's dress that they both wore to the Spring Dance (90210, season 2 I think, the black and white dress); literally 3/4 of the girls wore that same damn dress to the 8th grade formal.

This dress? I was too young for 90210 mania, but I did watch a lot of reruns in later years. I automatically knew what you were talking about.

jennie-garth-shannen-doherty-lg.jpg

Ok looking at the dress again.  It could be semi decent with alterations-- that make it LESS modest.   

1) Lose the bolero.  It would look best with straps that are about 1 inch in width.  And the neckline should be a V-neck.  Depending on the woman wearing it, maybe even showing cleavage (something that I lack).  From the close-up of Michelle where you can see the original neckline, that would have worked.
2) The dress is way too long.  For the ruffles to work, it needs to be no longer than knee length. 
3) Perhaps make it a little tighter and more of a bodycon shape.  Ok not that tight but you get the drift.

I get the dress is supposed to be a little matronly.  But it's not a style that works if matronly is the look that you are going for.  And from my days in retail, the brand's (Jessica Howard) target audience is 50+. .  But you can go for a mother of the bride/groom look or even formal night on an AARP cruise look without looking hideous.

If TLC wants to do something good with the Duggars, bring back Clinton and Stacy and let them tackle the family closet for all of the Duggar women (including the Lost Girls).  

Kelly wore the same dress to Zach and Alyssa's weddings.  Michelle must have liked it and gotten one for herself, but more modest of course.:my_rolleyes:  

Here's a picture from Zach's wedding:

IMG_1583.jpg

1 hour ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

This dress? I was too young for 90210 mania, but I did watch a lot of reruns in later years. I automatically knew what you were talking about.

jennie-garth-shannen-doherty-lg.jpg

Yup, that would be it

(Confession: I still binge-watch this show)

17 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

Didn't Michelle say during Jill's wedding episode that her girls helped her find the dress, and best of all, it was on the sales rack!!!!! IF that is the truth, well, it's no wonder.

I'm just imagining Kelly talking to Michelle at the wedding:

"Oh, Michelle, your dress is so cute! Where did you get it?"

"My daughters picked it out for me."

"How sweet. It's super cute." *Michelle swans away to go smile beatifically at Jim Bob* "That is the ugliest effing dress I've ever seen."

5 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Kelly wore the same dress to Zach and Alyssa's weddings.  Michelle must have liked it and gotten one for herself, but more modest of course.:my_rolleyes:  

Here's a picture from Zach's wedding:

IMG_1583.jpg

This is so Defrauding!!! I can see her neck. Michelle was much more modest, although looking like she could cut off her airway easily. 

Kelly definitely did it better without the high neckline like Michelle. Not that metallic lobster looks good on anybody...

I don't care *what* Michelle says, I refuse to believe there are two dresses that hideous, on two mothers, each with 19 children. My brain just refuses to accept it.

What I think far more likely is that Kelly had it altered for her event, then kindly lent Michelle the dress after she wore it, and cheap-o Michelle had it re-altered (poorly) for Jill's (?) wedding. 

Either way it's an unflattering dress and made them look like silverfish. 

Just now, Lillymuffin said:

I don't care *what* Michelle says, I refuse to believe there are two dresses that hideous, on two mothers, each with 19 children. My brain just refuses to accept it.

What I think far more likely is that Kelly had it altered for her event, then kindly lent Michelle the dress after she wore it, and cheap-o Michelle had it re-altered (poorly) for Jill's (?) wedding. 

Either way it's an unflattering dress and made them look like silverfish. 

Agreed!! And someone suggested that it should be no longer than knee length with the armadillo-like ruffles and I agree.

A friend of mine is going to be the mother of the groom, a lesser position of course. I no longer live close enough to shop with her, sigh, but I looked online and wow, the "Mother-of" dresses listed as such come in some pretty ugly styles. Really. 

40 minutes ago, nst said:

how can one be too young for 90210 mania ? :)

next you will be telling me you don't know who Scott Baio is 

I know who Scott Baio is! I grew up watching Happy Days on Nick at Night. Sit on it Potzie! Lol.

• sawasdee featured this topic
  • SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic
  • Destiny unfeatured this topic

Archived