IGNORED

Jessa, Ben, and Spurgeon part 5

Criscat

Jessa and Ben should invest in a decent hair clipper so she can at least give him a fade. If I can learn it, she can too.  That bowl cut/monk thing is not attractive and the helmet hair look he had going a while back wasn't good either. He has good hair, he just needs a decent cut.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/3/2016 at 10:05 AM, RabbitKM said:

I find it strange that Ben doesn't announce what he's up to/his college.  Most kids his age (I know, I am one of them) post on FB or whatever their acceptance to college, grad school, new job, and things like that.  

Likely for privacy reasons. He knows all to well how unforgiving the internet is from some of the things he has posted on instagram, and this would be more fuel to the fire. Also, if he plans on doing some classes onsite, he might be worried about people stalking him there. It's a lot easier to find someone on a campus if you know what they're studying. 

<edited>

This is the new hair cut?  I'm sorry, but I'm ROFLMAO. 

1 minute ago, EmmieJ said:

This is the new hair cut?  I'm sorry, but I'm ROFLMAO. 

That is frightening!!!!   OMG

On 4/2/2016 at 0:45 AM, socalrules said:

I just don't see them moving to Chicago and Jessa being ok with Ben being at school all day. He will have the opportunity to make new friends and hang with girls who are not as fundy as Jessa. Just a brief look at their website and you see people in shorts and women in pants. It doesn't seem to be as crazy controlling like other fundy colleges, which may make it seem too liberal for Jessa. I get the idea that she isn't comfortable with people who are not on the same level of fundy crazy as she is.

I can't see Jessa being happy with Ben spending time with people that aren't like her and who may become his friends, but not hers. Especially ambitious women. If Ben really does want a career in the ministry, it may be hard for Jessa to see him spending so much time with like minded individuals and she is excluded from the group.

I've been out of town and don't really know what this is in reference to (still catching up!), but if Ben and Jessa etc move to Chicago and he's around normal people, he is like second only to Josh in men I think will easily be unfaithful. He's a baby himself, he gets one taste of the freedom most young men his age have and he will go nuts! And while it would be sad for Jessa to get divorced, she can honestly do so much better than him anyway. Hell, maybe she'll be the one to go nuts in the city. Though, I think she's too uptight for that.

I think it'll be really interesting to see if they actually move. Kudos to them if they do, actually getting out on their own, even if JB is still helping them with COL and such, they are still quite a ways away. Can't just pop over for a real meal, or have a sistermom babysit as easily. Might have to talk to people outside their comfort zones and make new friends.

BUT.. the thought of Bin as a pastor, yikes.

<edited>

No wonder he always keeps that hat on.  Wouldn't you, with that hair?

50 minutes ago, Snickles said:

Friar Tuck lol

I was thinking that he was working on an Amish Bowl cut and growing his beard, to signify he was married.

9 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Jessa probably cuts his hair. The older girls cut the boys' hair so that they coud save money.

And look at what became of Derick's hair after he married Jill.  

It's almost like they're trying to make the husbands look unattractive to the masses.

When Ben's hair first started to go ratchet, Mr. Museum looked at the TV and asked, "Who is the Amish kid?" I can't imagine what my husband would say if he saw Ben's newest hairstyle.

Can someone post a pic of the hair?

Got the pic I did a better job cutting my own hair that's how sad it is. I guess it is a missionary loom or something

Honestly why can't Ben just go to a Great Clip or Supercuts and spend like 10 dollars on a dang haircut. Right now he literally looks like he placed a bowl on his head and just started hacking away omg!

5 hours ago, Mela99 said:

The Amish are more fashion forward than that.

Lord he just reeks of desperation. 

Hehehe, he just doesn't know any better. ;)

I'm not in USA and I can't watch "Counting on" but based on the pictures, I'm wondering if Jessa is happier since she's a mother. I see her a bit sweeter (or less bitchy). Do you think I'm right? I've always seen her so cold with Jordyn that I hope she changes with her own son and gives him a little tenderness.

I'm no Jessa fangirl, but I've never been able to blame her for her indifference to her buddies.  She should have never been forced into raising her parents' children.  That was the job of her lazy cow of a mother and the Sperm Donor.  I'm not surprised that her behavior is different now that the baby is actually hers.

1 hour ago, Arete said:

I'm no Jessa fangirl, but I've never been able to blame her for her indifference to her buddies.  She should have never been forced into raising her parents' children.  That was the job of her lazy cow of a mother and the Sperm Donor.  I'm not surprised that her behavior is different now that the baby is actually hers.

This.  I cannot imagine the resentment that would breed, even when "keeping sweet".

Jessa does seem (from what we've seen at least) to enjoy being a mom.  I can't picture her with a large brood but does she even realise that she has the option not to have eleventy children?  With their standards of education as they are, I wonder how much factual knowledge they have on the mechanics of avoiding pregnancy. 

21 minutes ago, Apricot said:

This.  I cannot imagine the resentment that would breed, even when "keeping sweet".

Jessa does seem (from what we've seen at least) to enjoy being a mom.  I can't picture her with a large brood but does she even realise that she has the option not to have eleventy children?  With their standards of education as they are, I wonder how much factual knowledge they have on the mechanics of avoiding pregnancy. 

jessa enjoys the extra attention that a baby reaps

she brought him to the speaking engagement wearing a bow tie and  ben put a microphone under him 

I hope they move to Chicago. Jessa would be more likely to step away from the cult lifestyle if there was more distance between her and the cult. It would be good to see her mellow out and live a more healthy and authentic life. I'm still hoping that happens.

She's way more likely to go fundie light than Jill, IMO. You could put Jill and Derick on the moon and she'd still be crazy fundie and trying to make chickenetti in outer space. :P 

7 minutes ago, MyMilkshake said:

She's way more likely to go fundie light than Jill, IMO. You could put Jill and Derick on the moon and she'd still be crazy fundie and trying to make chickenetti in outer space. :P 

Jill is just annoying. Her pinterest wedding, the gorgeous mansion she left behind for reasons unknown, the half-assed way she "works" as a mid-wife. bleh. 

To me, Jill has a very narrow view on life and regardless of where you put her, she's never going to broaden her views. She is the most likely to follow her parent's beliefs and way of life. She may not end up having a buttload of kids, but I see her level of interest and involvement with her kids to be on the same level as Michelle's. Which is unfortunate. 

• sawasdee featured this topic
  • SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic
  • Destiny unfeatured this topic

Archived