IGNORED

Jill & Jessa Counting On, Regular Season 1

Coconut Flan

3 minutes ago, BunnyBee said:

She is constantly being praised for 'walking through this' and being so strong, and positive reinforcement is the best behavior modifier so I think she will continue to push those doubts way down. 

I think you're right, but I wonder how long it will last. In my experience, the things you try to suppress typically manifest somehow. 

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rainytown said:

We're talking about Jessa Blessa here. Unless it has something to do with haircare, selfies or Instagram, she's not interested.

plus she comes from the generation where everything has to be documented via social media - so when she says - we took a break - she is lying to a degree because it was always documented. 

3 minutes ago, BunnyBee said:

She is constantly being praised for 'walking through this' and being so strong, and positive reinforcement is the best behavior modifier so I think she will continue to push those doubts way down. 

That's true. I think that combined with the shame she must feel because she's been told this is her fault will make it almost impossible for her to feel like she can do anything but stay and keep sweet.

1 minute ago, SpunkySpurgeonette said:

Oh, I so agree.  I felt like I could smell the self-loathing and desperation off of Anna.  It was very saddening, really.  The kid looks like she needs a hug.

I had hope for her for about .02 seconds when her brother went to bat for her and tried to get her to leave. But if that wasn't enough, I'm not so sure anything ever will be.

Thanks for the recap @Buzzard. It's my spring break and I'm in Colorado skiing for the week. It was nice not to be tempted to watch the show.

45 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

(HUGS) I did that 3 times a day for my daughter and my son. Its tough!

I'm once a day right now, but switching meds in less than 2 weeks and will be doing 2x a day. maybe 3. hoping for 2 though. thanks :) After the first hundred or so shots it's not so bad. lol.

List of ads shown:Boost Mobil, Milkbone, Cicis, Pure Michigan, Johnsonville, X Out, jet.com. International Delight Hershey's, Pof (LOL), Credit Karma, UPS, 2 movies from Universal, Tempur-Pedic, Samsung - Verizon, Disney, Deal Dash, Silk Almond Milk,  Xifaxan, Zenni.com, The Passion - FOX TV, Heartbeat - NBC, and Miracles from Heaven.

I couldn't believe all the ads! I live in Nova Scotia, Canada.

A few thoughts:

• Ben's "Oh shit" face while eating a taco, wearing a baseball cap backwards, as his wife is talking about starting the adoption process was priceless!
  • Anna is twisting and bending over backwards (in my mind) to justify staying with Josh.
  • Other than not being at the TTH, the show wasn't that much different from 19KAC (which doesn't surprise me in the least).
  • How many times have the Duggars gone to central america? Is there stating how dangerous it is a new thing for them, or do they state that every time?
  • Im calling a courtship this "season". Likely Jana. But no matter what, Joshly Madison's return will be the finale and will overshadow it. 

1 hour ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

But Meechelle just didn't bother to teach them basic home life skills. The above meals you list could easily have been "taught". How are they supposed to raise armies of children on cold cereal. Even if cooking isn't your thing these simple meals should be a basic for someone who is supposed to be nothing but a babymachine and homemaker. Unbelievable. 

She has used them within her, or their, own preferred or innate ability without giving them a well rounded "education". Thus they are a one trick pony!  

I'm glad someone up thread mentioned the awkwardness of them avoiding the word "Thanksgiving", although I heard Joy say it once lol.

Feel terrible for Anna. I totally second her crazy eyes are gone and replaced with sadness. Probably anger, too.

The previews for next week focus a lot on the single girls finding a man. If there isn't a courtship announcement by season's end I will be incredibly surprised.

Also, I thought it was funny when Jessa said she's always trying to play matchmaker and no one wants her help lol. Guess no one wants another Bin or Binnette.

19 minutes ago, Hiddenomaha said:

A few thoughts:

• Ben's "Oh shit" face while eating a taco, wearing a baseball cap backwards, as his wife is talking about starting the adoption process was priceless!
  • Anna is twisting and bending over backwards (in my mind) to justify staying with Josh.
  • Other than not being at the TTH, the show wasn't that much different from 19KAC (which doesn't surprise me in the least).
  • How many times have the Duggars gone to central america? Is there stating how dangerous it is a new thing for them, or do they state that every time?
  • Im calling a courtship this "season". Likely Jana. But no matter what, Joshly Madison's return will be the finale and will overshadow it. 

I agree with the strong probability of a courtship and that Josh will return, but I don't think it will be the season finale.  I see it more as some sort of "special."

It seems the fake thanksgiving feast may have originally been shot with the possibility of showing it during the special but they chose to use other material.  

It feels a little like TLC is serving left-overs.

i hated the scene where anna is grilling Joy? over a future mate.... anna should of chosen better but I think she went for fame and fortune over not marrying a child predator.  Can these folks do anything else than court and breed?  :smiley-signs131:

Jessa, when talking about spurge's birth "it was longer and harder than I expected"  elicited snickers from my 16 year old boy. So clueless lol

At some point, one of the kids (probably a girl) is going to pull their hair out at the never-ending procession of kids and say "fuck this shit!" It's clear by Michael and Marcus having buddies that this insanity just isn't going to end, and it will be a race to see who gets tired of raising babies and small children first.

It's obvious that Anna has become really insecure with her appearance. She has lost of a lot of weight, from stress most likely, she is very tan, she curls her hair and wears a lot of make up, smoky eye and all in broad daylight. She looks great but since these are sudden changes she has made, ti's obvious she is being made to feel like Joshley's cheating was her fault.

How will it be when Josh returns home and he and Anna move into their own home and the M's have to leave their "buddies"? First daddy is gone, mommy is crying, and now they are being taken away from another person that they have come to love and depend on. Poor kids will never know who to trust since they all leave/get taken away.

Well, I think it is more than strange that Anna has to relive Joshley's "sins" on national TV. All for the almighty dollar and I hope they pay her a ton of money for that misery. Geez. With the exception of Joshley, they are nice young people and little ones. They are just steeped in BadReligion.

3 hours ago, Yaoichan12 said:

A lot of commercials: Johnsonville sausage, Nissan, local ford dealership, pure Michigan, cicis, boost mobile, milk bone dog chews, passion live preview, tlc promos 

Oh no! Not Milk Bones!!! :(

2 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Well, I think it is more than strange that Anna has to relive Joshley's "sins" on national TV. All for the almighty dollar and I hope they pay her a ton of money for that misery. Geez. With the exception of Joshley, they are nice young people and little ones. They are just steeped in BadReligion.

I don't. The money will just go to Josh. 

The comment Jana made about Hannah being transitioned from a child playing outside to a young woman in the house makes me think that Jana is going to be the next one to court. Michelle and JimBob are too lazy to clean their own house and cook their own food, and they're too sexist to make the boys pitch in and help, so that leaves forcing Hannah to be the newest J'Slave. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic

Archived