IGNORED

Jill & Jessa Counting On, Regular Season 1

Coconut Flan

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SnazzyNazzy said:

After reading Buzzard's recap, it seems like I didn't miss much. After seeing Anna's pic on here, I want to chase after her with some face powder, turn her make-up gun down from the "whore" setting, and steal all of her bronzer.

I can't say anything else really, since I didn't watch the show. 

Maybe Jinger didn't look as bronze because Anna stole it all? 

1 minute ago, Chickenbutt said:

Did I hear Anna say that SHE and Josh were getting counseling separately?

I think she did say that, but I'm guessing that her "counseling" is Michelle saying she has to always be available for her husband.  Didn't Michelle post that blog post pretty soon after Josh went to Jesus rehab?

1 hour ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

New reality show, Fundie Wife Swap. Switch the wife/mother with a family of different religious fundamentalism and watch the sparks fly!

How about in stead of a different religion fundie, a swap with one of us.

I think the cult's minds will be blown if they have to 'endure' time with a smart, actually funny, independent woman. It would be hilarious.

36 minutes ago, foreign fundie said:

Pondering the recap, one thing bothers me. (Of course a million things do, but this one I can't make sense of.) What is Josh' role in his family going to be? We all assume he is back to being Anna's master, authority umbrella and restored patriarch. But that picture does not go together with his wife continuing to remind the world of his sins on cable TV. As long as she takes the victim role, he remains a perpetrator, even if a 'forgiven' one. I cannot imagine Josh being happy with continually being depicted as a fallen husband,  mercifully accepted back by his saintly wife and long suffering family. And if he is not happy with it, as head of the family, he can just tell Anna to shut up about it. He is no longer in jail. He is right there with her, watching the episodes.

Even if he was sincerely sorry, how would Anna talking about him on TV help rebuild trust and respect between them? I feel that since they accepted him back, they cannot keep humiliating him in public. You wanted him back. So shut up and move on. And if you need to talk, by all means, talk to a marriage therapist, together if possible. 

Yeah but keep in mind TLC has a hand in what Anna is saying and what is being shown. They must know that "nah it's all good now he's at Jesus camp I've forgiven him" won't play well. The victim and sympathy spiel is bringing in money and paving the way for an eventual redemption arc so that's what we are going to see for a while. If they weren't on TV I think they would be talking about it much closer to what you are saying. With a healthy dose of it being Anna's fault.

i kept thinking was it really necessary for Anna to go " I saw Josh and he all loves you scene "

And then show two people to pretend to react to it - and not the people we really want to see 

I would have believed it more if it was just Jana - but to force her to do that on a national stage just is sick and makes me ill all over again 

take it inside - cancel the damn show 

1 hour ago, nst said:

awesome baby hormones - explain that to me - I agree about the individual paycheck because last night Ben has come from the horn

1 hour ago, nst said:

awesome baby hormones - explain that to me - I agree about the individual paycheck because last night Ben has come from the horny TH to the TH of someone who is not so pleased with his life despite what he says - compare when he and Jessa were at the shooting range to last night - drastic - sex can do that obviously 

and I think by now they are having sex again - just using bc because of the adoption Jessa must have 

There was something off about Ben last night 

I 100% agree!! The first thing I noticed (aside from the observation that the show is boring and the same old crap and lines) was that Ben seemed off! Almost angry in spots (the car ride), not interested in the baby or jessa really (in spots). It wasn't that he was tired in my opinion. I think he is shell shocked that he has a wife and kid already (and prob other things too). 

58 minutes ago, foreign fundie said:

Pondering the recap, one thing bothers me. (Of course a million things do, but this one I can't make sense of.) What is Josh' role in his family going to be? We all assume he is back to being Anna's master, authority umbrella and restored patriarch. But that picture does not go together with his wife continuing to remind the world of his sins on cable TV. As long as she takes the victim role, he remains a perpetrator, even if a 'forgiven' one. I cannot imagine Josh being happy with continually being depicted as a fallen husband,  mercifully accepted back by his saintly wife and long suffering family. And if he is not happy with it, as head of the family, he can just tell Anna to shut up about it. He is no longer in jail. He is right there with her, watching the episodes.

Even if he was sincerely sorry, how would Anna talking about him on TV help rebuild trust and respect between them? I feel that since they accepted him back, they cannot keep humiliating him in public. You wanted him back. So shut up and move on. And if you need to talk, by all means, talk to a marriage therapist, together if possible. 

Unfortunately, the answer is simple and inevitable.  It is a simple two words:

SPIN OFF

Josh and Anna will renew their vows.  They will travel together, speaking about jesus, love and redemption.  We'll watch them hunt for their new home, go to counseling together (where Anna will cry), Josh may even get a job at a local church as a counselor for misguided husbands.  His role will be master, savior, redeemer... TLC will write a whole story about how you can come from the very bottom to the very top, complete with fake interventions where all the Duggars sit in a circle and discuss how much Josh hurt them.

I truly hope that everyone reading this thread takes a moment to send an email to the advertisers.  These people need to stop shitting on my TV.

57 minutes ago, JillyO said:

But, the Duggars are cold and unemotional. I'm having a hard time believing her own family was worse.

When I look at the Keller family, I think it's great that some of them have left the cult. But Anna, who is still deep into the cult herself, probably sees her family as a huge failure (or at least the part of the family that left.) I believe the Keller parents are currently on speaking terms with their children who have left the cult, but that wasn't always the case. I believe there were times when they were excluded from family gatherings, and I would imagine that the gatherings they have even now can get quite tense (especially now that several of her siblings are so against Josh now.) 

And while I look at the Duggar family and think they're about as screwed up as a family can get, Anna probably looks at them and sees that everyone is still in the fold (or as I like to call it "the cult.") Sure Josh strayed pretty far from what their religion claims to stand for, but since he agreed to go to Jesus rehab, I think Anna still considers him to be a person who wants to remain in the religion (I don't believe he will stay long term, but Anna seems to believe that Jesus rehab will fix everything.)

So yeah, I think Anna does believe that the Duggar family is better than her own family. It's shocking to me that anyone could hold the Duggar family up as a model to follow, but a lot of Fundies seem to judge family success/failure not on things that normal people judge it on (emotionally healthy, stable relationships and children who are able to lead independent lives) but instead call a family a success if everyone continues to stay within their religion/cult. 

14 minutes ago, Jenirishdancer said:

I 100% agree!! The first thing I noticed (aside from the observation that the show is boring and the same old crap and lines) was that Ben seemed off! Almost angry in spots (the car ride), not interested in the baby or jessa really (in spots). It wasn't that he was tired in my opinion. I think he is shell shocked that he has a wife and kid already (and prob other things too). 

I wonder if Ben didn't think they would have their first child so soon after they married yet they did. 

1 minute ago, Jana814 said:

I wonder if Ben didn't think they would have their first child so soon after they married yet they did. 

Biology, Ben. 

8 hours ago, winterdice said:

I'd still be surprised if Michelle couldn't cook at 17. I'm in Australia, so maybe it's different here, but I'm used to kids helping in the kitchen from around 12. I remember cooking full meals at 12, although I'll accept that may not be 'normal' (although it's definitely possible). I found a cookbook, liked the look of a cheese souflee, and a friend and I cooked that for lunch for our families + salad (and maybe chocolate mousse? it was pretty egg heavy). 

Your point about 'trying something new' on a large group having lots of room for things to go wrong was a good one, and something I hadn't considered before. 

Most people in America don't learn how to cook that young. Hell, a large portion of my friends (and I'm currently 29) don't know more than just the basics of cooking, which most of them learned in college. 

Not to mention, Jim Bob and Michelle got married back when microwave/prepackaged meals were all the rage and "the food of the future."

1 hour ago, JillyO said:

But, the Duggars are cold and unemotional. I'm having a hard time believing her own family was worse.

I have no problem believing that. The Kellers, even on the surface, seem a lot more fundamentalist and a lot more boring. Also, remember that their children left the faith and her parents shunned them; meanwhile, Josh has repeatedly gone against the teachings of their faith (and in 5 cases, broken the law and harmed other people) and his family has forgiven him and accepted him.

1 hour ago, Chickenbutt said:

Did I hear Anna say that SHE and Josh were getting counseling separately?

She said separate help. I doubt she's getting counseling beyond going to church more.

1 hour ago, ljohnson2006 said:

The only thing Anna needs counseling about, is why she's choosing her scumbag husband over her four kids.

I disagree. Anna could benefit from counseling regardless of her choice to stay with Josh. Any of those kids/adults could. 

9 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

Probably!  He probably thought it sounded good in theory and/ or that it may not happen that soon but it did!!  He seems to be longing for something- maybe hanging with his friends (alone) more, spending alone time with jessa? I don't know but he seems totally not interested but feigns interest. 

I SINCERELY doubt either of them is getting professional counseling. It's an IBLP minister and his wife most likely, to shame Anna for being a lousy wife and to sympathize with Smuggar for being attacked by Beelzebub's minions.

3 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:

Thanks @Buzzard for the recaps, you really fall on your sword so the rest of us don't have to sit through it all. :clap:

My thoughts (in no particular order):

They obviously never really stopped filming. TLC has merely changed the name to reflect the dry husk that is the womb of Meechelle.

The show is the same, JB &M were still there, Joshie will reappear next season (if not sooner), there'll be a reunion special no doubt. To be fair to him (bear with me) I think it is wrong for them to talk about him in the show when he currently has no platform to address TLCs narrative of what happened. Either he's on the show or he isn't, take as an example (Jesus, I'm about to mention the Kardashians as a standard to hold the Duggars up to) Keeping up with the Kardashians. They have family members (Rob, Kanye bloody West) who want no part of the show and as a result they are never mentioned. TLC are obviously planning to reintroduce the new improved godly Josh.

Anna is obviously trying (bless her) to make herself look 'hot for josh'. That dark colour doesn't suit her, she has lovely blonde hair, why would she colour it? Does Josh have a thing for brunettes? (kill me now). Someone needs to confiscate the bronzer.

They are obviously addressing the internet with the 'look we can cook' aspect, unfortunately, the only people they impress by making 'not out of a packet' mash potatoes is themselves.

Jessa saying if they want to eat proper food they go to TTH. What happened to the whole biblical leave and cleave thing? I'm all for rocking up to the parents house for sunday lunch etc but they need to be independent.

And finally...........

Will they tell us in the next episode what Bin actually does, you know, for an actual job? (seeing as they're addressing the internet).  I'd really like to know, in words of one syllable, what THEY think he does.

I wonder if anna is trying to look similar to the sex worker that Josh utilized?

2 hours ago, JillyO said:

Do you remember when Anna mentioned that she was discouraged from sharing feelings with siblings, and that the mom arranged a 15 time slot once a week to discuss feelings.  Even M doesn't say that (even if that's the end result anyway)

7 hours ago, colors_outside15 said:

FUCK TLC - I CAN'T EVEN SNARK ON THIS SHIT ANYMORE! GET THIS DAMN SHOW WITH THE ABUSIVE PARENTS, ABUSED CHILDREN, MOLESTED YOUNG WOMEN, AND CHILD MOLESTER'S WIFE OFF THE AIR!

also, i can't blame the girls for not knowing how to cook. i just can't. blanket training is for when you're what ... six months old? i highly doubt it gets better for them from there. and who would want to call attention to themselves after what they've "walked through" this past year? only someone hoping to go to jesus rehab ...

"growing up" (wtf is growing up when you're a full-on mom at seven ...), i wasn't allowed to go into the kitchen without permission. EVER. (also, there was an entire room that the "children" were never allowed to enter. ever. to this day, i still don't even know what's in that fucking room). i imagine the duggar girls are instructed as to when to go to the kitchen, what to collect, and what to make. it's probably to jim boob's liking. why learn more when first you cook for your dad and then your husband? that would only be depressing, and they must keep sweet. they're not cooking to please themselves. JOY!

it took me THREE years of intense deprogramming therapy and gradual exposure to the "outside world" to be able to even OPEN any food on my own. back in "that" house, the punishments were so severe for opening food without permission that i was terrified even once i was finally on my own. so, to eat, i literally had to find someone who was hungry and would thus open a box without asking me why the hell i didn't initiate eating out of the containers of food products that, trust me, i worked hard as fuck to be able to buy. sure, they don't know how to cook. then again, i was told which pieces of bread in a loaf were my favorite, and believed it whole-hardheartedly for over twenty years. 

this all makes me so lividly angry - it feels like my insides are boiling.

/end rant. for now. between trump and this ... it's all just god damn disgusting. 

Reading this is heartbreaking.  I am so sorry for what you had to endure and I thank god you are getting help.  It's a long road back to normal, lots of bumps, but you can do it.  You already are.

2 hours ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

New reality show, Fundie Wife Swap. Switch the wife/mother with a family of different religious fundamentalism and watch the sparks fly!

First episode, two fundie Christian wives who run their homes very differently.  Michelle Duggar and Erika Shupe.

12 hours ago, Snarkylark said:

Jessa, when talking about spurge's birth "it was longer and harder than I expected"  elicited snickers from my 16 year old boy. So clueless lol

"That's what she said" ~my husband's comment, LOLOLOLOLOL

17 minutes ago, anotherone said:

Do you remember when Anna mentioned that she was discouraged from sharing feelings with siblings, and that the mom arranged a 15 time slot once a week to discuss feelings.  Even M doesn't say that (even if that's the end result anyway)

She did say that but I think it was a guaranteed 15 minutes, not that they couldn't talk at other times during the week.  It's still really messed up that she was discouraged from discussing her courtship with her sisters and told to only speak to her parents about it.

I really like Dillon Kings Insider Infos. Not that it is a very likable move from him, but I still value his info although out of three Statements, just one is by him.

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/dillon-king-josh-duggar-rehab-94045

Here are the 3 quotes:

“It’s not ever going to be the same,” Dillon explains. “It’s not ever going to be what it was.”

In fact, In Touch has learned that some family members fear he’s still a danger. “There are people in the extended family who definitely won’t bring their children near Josh,” a Duggar family member reveals. “Who would want their kids around him after all he’s done?”

“While the Duggars have publicly claimed to support Josh, some in the family are not that overjoyed by his return,” says a source close to the Family.

I am just glad about any Publicity on the Duggars that is not all about their forgiveness and moving on shit and how to cook dinner.

28 minutes ago, Jenirishdancer said:

Probably!  He probably thought it sounded good in theory and/ or that it may not happen that soon but it did!!  He seems to be longing for something- maybe hanging with his friends (alone) more, spending alone time with jessa? I don't know but he seems totally not interested but feigns interest. 

Ben is probably like JD and used to having his sisters do everything for him. Now that he's the "headship," he's supposed to be in charge of his family but is completely clueless about what to do. Maybe it would be different if he had a real job and a more conventional lifestyle, but maybe not. 

39 minutes ago, biblelandjunkie said:

I wonder if anna is trying to look similar to the sex worker that Josh utilized?

I think it's likely, or that she is trying to look generally "sexier" and more appealing, which probably influenced by what she knows about what he was seeking out. 

Cord cutter here--- were the minor children and JB/M featured in the show at all or did it just focus on the kidults?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic

Archived