IGNORED

Jill & Jessa Counting On, Regular Season 1

Coconut Flan

So are the younger howlers now "the buddies" of the M'boys while Josh does whatever? I'm all in favor in extended families, but the married Duggars act like their siblings only exist to act as free labor and childcare.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Jessa - She loves to spend time with us older girls, and put aside all that kid stuff.

Hannie eats whipped cream hiding behind a chair

HAHAHAHA. Sorry. These are the best two lines ever.

Just now, nst said:

i strictly had TLC programming as advertisements 

You're in Canada, right? Wonder if that's why.

1 minute ago, Cleopatra7 said:

So are the younger howlers now "the buddies" of the M'boys while Josh does whatever? I'm all in favor in extended families, but the married Duggars act like their siblings only exist to act as free labor and childcare.

it's because everyone is an army and interchangeable 

1 minute ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I'm sure it makes (Duggar) sense while they're under the same roof for an extended period to incorporate the M-kids into the buddy system. 

4 minutes ago, withaj said:

HAHAHAHA. Sorry. These are the best two lines ever.

You're in Canada, right? Wonder if that's why.

I bet that is exactly why :D

Here's what I noticed:

- JB has a huge beer belly, never noticed that before.

-They did all call him Spurge, made my kid crack up a ton.

- I heard Hannie say "ruh roh" when the turkey looked burned.  Isn't that from Scooby Doo, where would she have learned that?

for me there was a lot telling moments in this episode, and I am interested in how the rest of the season will go

2 minutes ago, BunnyBee said:

for me there was a lot telling moments in this episode, and I am interested in how the rest of the season will go

what were your telling moments?

for me 

Anna going on and on about Josh - who will show up - calling it 

Jessa totally enamored and chilled with Spud - totally different than Jill and so different from when she was wedding planning 

Ben yawning - suck it up - you are getting paid to do this - not give us your thoughts for free 

the mean girls scene 

in the past, i have also heard a howler say "i'll be back" ( in arnold's voice). also, jill or jessa said "you can't expect a hollywood ending". i remember wondering how she knew what a hollywood ending was. i think alot of what they portray is phony as hell

Just now, nst said:

what were your telling moments?

for me 

Anna going on and on about Josh - who will show up - calling it 

Jessa totally enamored and chilled with Spud - totally different than Jill 

Ben yawning - suck it up - you are getting paid to do this - not give us your thoughts for free 

the mean girls scene 

Jessa does seem enamoured with spurgey

Hannie is 'transitioning' into a young lady and will probably be hanging out with the older girls more

Anna going on and on about Josh

The girls new relationships with each other

and the fact that they have already done like 5 things on the list buzzard made of possible episodes and it was the first episode

3 minutes ago, BunnyBee said:

Jessa does seem enamoured with spurgey

Hannie is 'transitioning' into a young lady and will probably be hanging out with the older girls more

Anna going on and on about Josh

The girls new relationships with each other

and the fact that they have already done like 5 things on the list buzzard made of possible episodes and it was the first episode

I never thought that they were new, the relationships that much lol - they just had to adjust because Ben was always with jessa - but at the same time - jessa is always around - so I don't think that it is totally true 

1 hour ago, BunnyBee said:

I will be watching alongside you @Buzzard

:ferret: :ferret: Come on Cognac and Grappa lets go

God I love it when people remember their names! :my_rolleyes:

Josh is so going to be back. They talked about him nonstop. Maybe not this season, definitely next. Same show, new name.

7 minutes ago, nst said:

Jessa totally enamored and chilled with Spud - totally different than Jill and so different from when she was wedding planning

I think she seemed so at ease because she was so totally the center of it all.  Just like in those ads where they're dancing around, she is waving the baby in front of the camera all the time.  Try to imagine if it was just her and Ben, no baby, she would not be so pleased with herself.

oh, regrets!

I didn't resist and watched the episode.

I told myself I wouldn't feel badly for Anna, but I did (mind you, I married a Smuggar type [only lasted three months], so maybe I'm projecting). She just looked so pathetic in that bronzer.  Wanting someone like Josh to love you is just an exercise in futility.

And the cooking--honestly!  No one taught me to cook, but I bought a Five Roses cookbook as a young person.  Seriously, just follow instructions.  Keep a frozen pizza on hand for emergencies.  They act like it's brain surgery.  The faux self-deprecation on Jessa's part made me a bit ill.  She's just a hopeless and helpless little rosebud, isn't she?

Ben.  He was so proud of his "butter is better" line.  A real first-class wit!

Just now, anotherone said:

I think she seemed so at ease because she was so totally the center of it all.  Just like in those ads where they're dancing around, she is waving the baby in front of the camera all the time.  Try to imagine if it was just her and Ben, no baby, she would not be so pleased with herself.

No i think it's Jill - remember the kitchen scene with Jill when Jessa was pregnant - it was stilted and hard - there is something about Jill that makes everything not natural. Jessa was way more natural with everyone around that when Jill was around 

as I said she is the new matriarch - even over Anna - if Jill were there it would be a different vibe entirely 

if it were just her and Ben - maybe Ben wouldn't be so boring - because he claims that he is happy about Spud - but he clearly needs his sleep 

I felt the worst for Anna when the camera would linger on her face after she said something like "do the right thing, have the right thought, for the next 15 minutes" because it's easy to say something like that and kind of easy to believe it while you are saying it, but there was real pain there in the silences. She doesn't even have her crazy eyes really any more, she looks like a wounded animal or something.

I wish I could say I think maybe that is a sign that there is hope for her to peace the fuck out on Josh, but honestly I think it's more likely that she will just keep pushing that down further and further. She has been taught that her doubts are a sign of weakness and sin after all.

2 minutes ago, OrchidBlossom said:

I felt the worst for Anna when the camera would linger on her face after she said something like "do the right thing, have the right thought, for the next 15 minutes" because it's easy to say something like that and kind of easy to believe it while you are saying it, but there was real pain there in the silences. She doesn't even have her crazy eyes really any more, she looks like a wounded animal or something.

I wish I could say I think maybe that is a sign that there is hope for her to peace the fuck out on Josh, but honestly I think it's more likely that she will just keep pushing that down further and further. She has been taught that her doubts are a sign of weakness and sin after all.

She is constantly being praised for 'walking through this' and being so strong, and positive reinforcement is the best behavior modifier so I think she will continue to push those doubts way down. 

I did kind of get why Anna wanted to go back to the Duggars though.  When she was sitting on the sofa before she gave her thanks speech, it just looked like she reveled in all the fuss and business of the family.  I think her own family was cold and unemotional, so she was getting more out of the duggars.  That's kind of sad to think, if I want the love of a family I must accept the pig back into my marriage.

4 minutes ago, OrchidBlossom said:

Oh, I so agree.  I felt like I could smell the self-loathing and desperation off of Anna.  It was very saddening, really.  The kid looks like she needs a hug.

6 minutes ago, BunnyBee said:

She is constantly being praised for 'walking through this' and being so strong, and positive reinforcement is the best behavior modifier so I think she will continue to push those doubts way down. 

I'm really sick of this 'walking through' shit.  They really are walking through shit and they need to clean their shoes off and get rid of the dog! :argumentative:

1 hour ago, EmmieJ said:

So during the roughly 12 months that Jessa was married, living in her own home but without a baby to care for (unless you consider Ben a big baby), she didn't take advantage of that time to learn how to cook five or so meals?  You know, you don't have to be very skilled to produce five basic, go-to meals. 

How fucking hard is it to learn a few basic recipes and cook real food more than twice a month?  Pathetic.

We're talking about Jessa Blessa here. Unless it has something to do with haircare, selfies or Instagram, she's not interested.

Just now, DuggarWatch said:

I'm really sick of this 'walking through' shit.  They really are walking through shit and they need to clean their shoes off and get rid of the dog! :argumentative:

Anna is walking through the pain to the other side of reality 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic

Archived