IGNORED

Jill & Jessa Counting On, Regular Season 1

Coconut Flan

Told promos, the boss movie commercial, mattress firm.com, delta faucets, Verizon, jungle book trailer, local Nissan dealer, xfinity, local Nissan dealer again, tlc promos again

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More advertisers:

The Boss movie (rated R)

Mattress Firm

Delta faucets

Verizon

Disney Jungle Book

Deal Dash

Charter Spectrum

i can't wait to see if jim bob and michelle are actually excluded from  "fall feast"

also, so far, bin has spent at least 50% of his screen time yawning. 

3rd commercial break, The boss (movie), Mattress firm, Delta faucets, Verizon, The Jungle Book, Arm & Hammer cat litter, Temptations cat treats, Dish (again).

1 minute ago, hollywood said:

Was S. Elliot really just shown sleeping in their bed, alone, with their sheets wrapped over him? Really?

Yes, really! Waiting to hear the out cry! 

1 minute ago, hollywood said:

Was S. Elliot really just shown sleeping in their bed, alone, with their sheets wrapped over him? Really?

yes - but I never seen someone so enamored lol

5 minutes ago, BunnyBee said:

I will try and snag you a grainy pic from my phone

4 minutes ago, BunnyBee said:

@iweartanktops She looks really dolled up and those bronzer mouth creases are strong

IMG_4856.JPG

Thanks so much! :my_biggrin:

And wow. 

1 minute ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

So NONE of those girls cook. So, what the hell do they eat at the TTH, seriously?

And WHY can't they cook? Isn't most of their existence supposed to be homemaking? I don't get it. 

Mealtime at the TTH does not involve cooking, just assembling mostly frozen and canned crap.

Just now, homeschoolmomma1 said:

Did anyone put butter in a turkey like that? If so, I never knew that is how it was done :/

Yes that is how my mom always makes her turkey butter inside the skin and herbs and spices inside and outside the skin

2 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Are they not allowed to say the word "thanksgiving" due to copyright restrictions, or what?

I bet they are not using the term Thanksgiving because this meal is not on the actual day. 

Blathering on - part the 4th

At Jessa's house... they prepare the food.  We are reminded that they went shopping "yesterday."  Spurge is sleeping in the bed, amongst the pillows.

Jessa tells us that turkeys are scary because you have to get the right temp... and she's not sure they're thawed.  She shoves butter undre the skin.  its OK if you dont know what you're doing if you use a lot of butter.

Bin tells us that jessa has "broadened her horizons" with cooking, like couscous, its cheap and economical...

Jessa - Jill and Jana can cook but I can only cook if no one else will. Since I've gotten married a couple time a month I will... most of the time we eat eggs and yogurt.  We go to the TTH if they want a good meal.

She puts the turkeys in oven bags and puts them in the oven.

Spurge coos... 

Jessa - the most difficult thing about having a baby, when youre trying to get other things done, everything revolves around him.  Spurge farts... he needs a new diaper.  Jessa calls him "spoiled' as he cries.  She used to be able to do things for a 5 hour stretch but now she has to break every hour or so to take care of the baby, but she wouldnt have it any other way.

The girls arrive... They have the butter with them (time shifting again?)  Hannie is going to make a green bean casserole.  Jana tells Jessa that she did the oven bags wrong, they're touching the oven and not vented.  APparently melting is a foreign concept to Jessa.

Jinger - Jana is one of the best cooks, she can do stuff without a recipe.

Jeremiah/Jed - the best cook is...all my sisters... We dont want to hurt feelings and go hungry

Jessa - I'm the worst

Jessa sits on the couch while the other girls cook... there are "perks to being the new mom."

Joy - its so much fun when we girls get together and do a project.

Joy and hannie throw shit in a pot.

They spill water all over the place... 

Jinger - after jill and jessa got married, the "ones we're super close to arent here now."

Flashbacks of them as littles, doing perms... buying clothes.

Jinger - our relationships (jana and I) have gotten better since they got married.

Jessa comments that Jana and jinger spend more time together, but Jinger tells her "inside stuff" so their relationship is still really special.

JInger - concerned the food wont be ready

They suggest telling people 6:00 because they know they are usually late, but not when there's food involved, then they are on time. 

I'm just sick that they've got all these advertisers. Also, my dog is smarter than Bin. So is yours.

1 minute ago, BunnyBee said:

Their cattiness about their relationships with each other is so so obvious

and it was glaring when Jill was there - now it's just a little obnoxious and Jessa when she discusses it - becomes the mean girl 

and what I love is Ben is hardly in it :D 

8 minutes ago, homeschoolmomma1 said:

Did anyone put butter in a turkey like that? If so, I never knew that is how it was done :/

That was totally disgusting.  Butter ruins the taste of a turkey.  Turkey needs herb seasonings and basting with its own fat and juices.

1 minute ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

So NONE of those girls cook. So, what the hell do they eat at the TTH, seriously?

So during the roughly 12 months that Jessa was married, living in her own home but without a baby to care for (unless you consider Ben a big baby), she didn't take advantage of that time to learn how to cook five or so meals?  You know, you don't have to be very skilled to produce five basic, go-to meals.  Like:  spaghetti, a green salad, buttered french bread, side veggie.  Super easy.

Meatloaf.  Buy nice quality ground beef, mix with an egg, some chopped onion, some ketchup and a few Quaker oats.  Form into a loaf, bake in the oven.  

Baked chicken (buy a whole chicken, remove innards, melt some butter and blend with a little lemon juice and touch of garlic, pour over chicken, put chicken in oven at 350, bake for appropriate time based on total weight.  Bang!  Delicious chicken.

Mashed potatoes.  Peel potatoes, cut in pieces, boil til tender, mash with masher, add milk and butter, mash some more.  Bang!  homemade mashed potatoes.

Homemade soup.  Heat oil in dutch oven, toss in chopped onion, chopped carrot, chopped celery.  Saute a few minutes.  Add your choice of veg or chicken broth, bring to low boil.  Add a package of soup mix (I like a blend of barley, lentil and split peas).  simmer for half an hour or so, add some kidney beans or white beans, simmer another 10 minutes.  Hey presto - you have a hearty homemade soup, with a minimum of effort.

How fucking hard is it to learn a few basic recipes and cook real food more than twice a month?  Pathetic.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic

Archived