IGNORED

Jill & Jessa Counting On, Regular Season 1

Coconut Flan

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, sj3339sta said:

Justin is Marcus' buddy????  As in the M kids are just shoved right into the Duggar fold.  

interchangeable  - they just become Duggrs - Derick was right to run away 

Blathering on - part 5

Back at Jessa's house, they discuss the differnce between honey and mollasses.  Jessa doesnt know the difference.  Hannie put the green beans in the oven.

Jana - Hannie is "in transition" from the rough and tough "being outside" to helping in the house and being a young lady

Jessa - She loves to spend time with us older girls, and put aside all that kid stuff.

Hannie eats whipped cream hiding behind a chair

Jessa checks turkeys.  They're ready.  Bin comes home and says "smells like a restaurant." They put a whole stick of butter in the stand mixer mashed potatoes.  They are "making gravy..."

The duggars arrive and wander around the kitchen sniffing.  Boob and mullet arrive.  Michelle is wearing a HEINOUS pink flower shirt with a red purse.

JInger - its crowded, we didnt expect to have a table.

Bin makes everyone go around the room and say what they are thankful for.  Marcus is thankful for his buddy "justin." Josie is thankful for "jessa"...

Josiah - the atmosphere was different because Josh isnt there, Joseph is at college... JIll and Derrick werent there.  

Boob facetimes Joseph, he's thankful for going to college and learn shit.

Jana - everyone adds something and when one is gone its sad for all of us.

They faceitme Jill and Derrick

Jessa is thankful for spurge and their 1 year anniversary.

Jill is thankful for derick, izzy, and videoconferencing.  Derick is thankful for Jill (they kiss)

Boob - 11 or 12 are coming to visit them

Joy - I"m sure its hard to miss everyone

Anna - thankful for grandma and the example she's set.  In hard times, focus on christ.  When grandpa died was when they found out they were pregnant. Seeing her faith made an impact.  She just got back from jesus jail and josh loves everyone and is thankful for a family that is willing to talk straight and grieve when you've fallen but also to love and forgive.  She looks forward to seeing what god has for the future.

Anna TH - this visit was great because it gives a lot of hope and the weight of everything is there... and so it... drives me deeper to my faith. God's grace can give me the strength to love josh when others would say he doesnt deserve it.  

JD - This is one of the first years not having josh. I still love my brother and still talk to him on a regular basis but things have definitely changed.

Boob and J'chelle say thanks

Jana - looking back over the year, everyone pulling together, makes you think "this life isnt about things, its about family..." time you spend together...

Jinger - this was one of the toughest seasons of our life.. stepping forward to the future, its important to laugh and make new memories together.

Bin eats dessert first.

Jessa is greatful having her sisters "help out' because she couldnt have done it alone

JD comments on calories

Bin says its the time of year for butter... butter is better (did the dairy council sponsor this? there were cows and too much butter talk)

NEXT WEEK

A COW!

Jessa wants a domestic adoption

courtship talk...

The duggars go to the scary place

ofcourse the whole Duggar family is going to CA. 

Hey did you guys know Central American is very dangerous and it's really unsafe??? I just thought I owed it to all of you to inform you about how dangerous and unsafe it really is..:boom::irony:

So Jana wants a hardworking man who gets dirt under his nails, not an office job.

I'm off to clone Chad Paine! See y'all next episode. 

3 minutes ago, Diggingupdirt said:

after Anna's speech Jana's face!!!!  It was almost like cut the bullshit face!imo her face says She doesn't believe Josh is sorry 

This is said expression of cut the bull shit

IMG_4857.JPG

6 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

This is what I find so disingenuous and infuriating. All attempts on TLC's part to make it seem like they sort of cared about the molestations was just for show. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, but I had hoped that public outrage would prevent a new show from happening. I guess you really can't be too white or too Christian in this country. Maybe if Mama June finds Jesus, she can get her show back, since that seems to be the secret sauce to staying in the spotlight in spite of having a child molester in your social/family circle.

And what was more apparent - are a couple of things 

Jessa has become the new Matriarch mother 

TLC needs to be accountable for the fact that they enable these people 

Derick was smart to run away and take Jill with him 

Ben needs to stop yawning in the TH's - man up you signed up for this !!!!!

I don't think this can go on past a year 

Anna just needs to go away - her spiel just went to far imo 

JD - so everyone maybe talked to Josh 

I'm really sad to hear that Hannie is "in transition". It reminds me of Joy. Fucked up. 

They are grooming the public to bring back Josh. All Anna and JD did was talk about how they forgive Josh and love him yada yada

Just now, luv2laugh said:

They are grooming the public to bring back Josh. All Anna and JD did was talk about how they forgive Josh and love him yada yada

and that for me is a deal breaker 

1 minute ago, luv2laugh said:

I get the feeling their big season finale will be Joshley's blessed return from Prayhab.

2 minutes ago, nst said:

and that for me is a deal breaker 

The deal breaker was long ago for me. 

Just now, blackkatya said:

I get the feeling their big season finale will be Joshley's blessed return from Prayhab.

there are no words

they can forgive him all they want - in private - I don't want to see it - no matter how much Anna weeps or Josh weeps ok  - josh fake weeping could be fascinating 

i soooo hate this family....the advertisers love them apparently...wow lots and lots of commercials... TLC is making lots of $$$ on these shows 

Commercials:

Universal Movie, Boost Mobile, Milkbone, CiCi's Pizza, Pure Michigan, Johnsonville Sausage, Fox Movie, Icy Hot, Starz on DISH, TLC shows x3, Sony Pictures, Jet.com, International Delight Coffee Creamer, Plenty of Fish Dating Site, Credit Karma.com, UPS Store, TLC shows x3, TLC shows x2, Universal Movie, Mattress Firm, Delta Faucets, Verizon, Disney Movie, HBO on DISH, Credit Sesame.com, TLC shows x3, Sony Pictures, Boost Mobile, Silk Almond Milk, Milkbone, Xifaxin (owned by Salix Pharmaceuticals I believe), UPS, QVC.com, Crest White Strips, True Car, TLC shows x2

15 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

So during the roughly 12 months that Jessa was married, living in her own home but without a baby to care for (unless you consider Ben a big baby), she didn't take advantage of that time to learn how to cook five or so meals?  You know, you don't have to be very skilled to produce five basic, go-to meals.  Like:  spaghetti, a green salad, buttered french bread, side veggie.  Super easy.

Meatloaf.  Buy nice quality ground beef, mix with an egg, some chopped onion, some ketchup and a few Quaker oats.  Form into a loaf, bake in the oven.  

Baked chicken (buy a whole chicken, remove innards, melt some butter and blend with a little lemon juice and touch of garlic, pour over chicken, put chicken in oven at 350, bake for appropriate time based on total weight.  Bang!  Delicious chicken.

Mashed potatoes.  Peel potatoes, cut in pieces, boil til tender, mash with masher, add milk and butter, mash some more.  Bang!  homemade mashed potatoes.

Homemade soup.  Heat oil in dutch oven, toss in chopped onion, chopped carrot, chopped celery.  Saute a few minutes.  Add your choice of veg or chicken broth, bring to low boil.  Add a package of soup mix (I like a blend of barley, lentil and split peas).  simmer for half an hour or so, add some kidney beans or white beans, simmer another 10 minutes.  Hey presto - you have a hearty homemade soup, with a minimum of effort.

How fucking hard is it to learn a few basic recipes and cook real food more than twice a month?  Pathetic.

But Meechelle just didn't bother to teach them basic home life skills. The above meals you list could easily have been "taught". How are they supposed to raise armies of children on cold cereal. Even if cooking isn't your thing these simple meals should be a basic for someone who is supposed to be nothing but a babymachine and homemaker. Unbelievable. 

10 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Blathering on - part 5

<snip>

Bin makes everyone go around the room and say what they are thankful for.  Marcus is thankful for his buddy "justin." Josie is thankful for "jessa"...

<snip>

So he's one of THOSE people....coming from a fairly conservative lutheran, he's the worst.

20 minutes ago, quiverofdoubt said:

I just injected a sharp needle full of burny medication into my pregnant belly. STILL better than buzzard's job right now.  thank you @Buzzard!

(HUGS) I did that 3 times a day for my daughter and my son. Its tough!

2 minutes ago, nst said:

when was it ? 

The confirmation of the molestations and how they were (not) handled. That was the end of my Duggar watching. 

Perhaps we could have a separate thread just for naming advertisers in order to keep a running list. An added benefit would be that we wouldn't have to read three posts on every page just listing them 

1 hour ago, blackkatya said:

Ads so far:

Boost Mobile, Milkbone, CiCis Pizza, Michigan tourism, Fox News, and a couple local spots

I can easily boycott that crap!

Based on historical ads, Harps does their "free turkey" around 11-21 through 23/24th.  They probably didnt make this "thanksgiving" because there are pictures or videos out in the wild of the Duggars doing something on the actual day and they knew they'd get busted time shifting.

I'm wondering if they had this footage for the first "counting on" specials but decided to pimp Anna instead of using it.  To their credit, the Anna pimping was much more effective that this bullshit.

I'm sad because AT&T now owns directv, which is going to make it impossible for me to cancel my accounts.  Plus, both AT&T and Verizon advertised... so that means I have to keep one of them for my cell.  Both AT&T and Directv will get nastygrams from me tomorrow.  As far as I know thats the only company I do business with.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic

Archived