IGNORED

Maxwells vote for Ted Cruz

albanuadh_1

I don't even drink soda but the fact that I could...this is what separates us from the Maxwells. 

I don't understand how one can draw close to an imaginary person like Jesus. How one can imagine the things that would please or displease this imaginary person and then live your life in accordance with these rules. Jesus is all around us and you need to say magic words to invite him to live in your heart and if you do this then when you die, you will go somewhere beautiful where you can admire imaginary friend Jesus forever. But these same people say Harry Potter is too full of magic. :tw_wink:

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I don't even drink soda but the fact that I could...this is what separates us from the Maxwells. 

I don't understand how one can draw close to an imaginary person like Jesus. How one can imagine the things that would please or displease this imaginary person and then live your life in accordance with these rules. Jesus is all around us and you need to say magic words to invite him to live in your heart and if you do this then when you die, you will go somewhere beautiful where you can admire imaginary friend Jesus forever. But these same people say Harry Potter is too full of magic. :tw_wink:

And if you don't ask Jesus into your heart you are thrown into a lake of fire upon your death.  Because God loves you!

1 hour ago, Maggie Mae said:

I'd like to think that Sarah and whichever wife that isn't NRAnna would have blogs and they would still be snarked on, just not by us. And NR Anna would still be a trainwreck. Unpopular Opinion, but I really don't understand why people fawn over her and think she's so pretty. She's so plain and flat out weird with the frumpers. And I don't think she looks any different when she's pregnant. It's like looking through a time machine when I see her.

I don't fawn over her but I do think she's pretty, just not by today's plastic, overdone and ultimately generic standards. She's very quietly pretty and very much throwback to another time. The fact that she lived on a farm and kept goats was perfectly suited to her milkmaid looks. Personally, I think her "plain" look is very refreshing.

I do think that her lifestyle will age her quickly though and that freshness will start looking very careworn.

34 minutes ago, sparkles said:

I don't fawn over her but I do think she's pretty, just not by today's plastic, overdone and ultimately generic standards. She's very quietly pretty and very much throwback to another time. The fact that she lived on a farm and kept goats was perfectly suited to her milkmaid looks. Personally, I think her "plain" look is very refreshing.

I do think that her lifestyle will age her quickly though and that freshness will start looking very careworn.

I don't think she looks fresh at all, honestly. And I'm not a fan of the overdone look either. 

Or maybe it's the frumpers. I hate the frumpers. 

1 hour ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I would say I find that very shallow and dismissive, but the Maxwell's understanding of Christianity is probably just as shallow.

I have found that there are many things to snark on the Maxwell's about without trashing their physical appearances. 

4 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

And there would be Pepsi -- lots and lots and lots of Pepsi -- in the fridge and in the pantry. 

And meat in the burritos. Hell, if we're getting really crazy there might even be food other than burritos. 

20 hours ago, Toothfairy said:

They vote? I would think they wouldn't know what voting was? 

Indeed!  God (I mean Steve) does not operate by votes, just proclamations.

16 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

There's only one Maxwell whose looks are worthy of fawning over. :562479a21db1d_Somethingsinthatthurairlove:

Ellie the dog!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

15 hours ago, Boogalou said:

And meat in the burritos. Hell, if we're getting really crazy there might even be food other than burritos. 

And animal crackers aplenty for all!!

11 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Has anyone ever made the famous Maxwell bean burrito recipe? 

Someone did, I believe, but I don't remember who. She/He found it very bland and unappetizing. I think the person ended up adding stuff to it or putting it in something else. Don't remember specifics, though. 

29 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

But really, who would want to?

25 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Someone did, I believe, but I don't remember who. She/He found it very bland and unappetizing. I think the person ended up adding stuff to it or putting it in something else. Don't remember specifics, though. 

I remember that too (but not the poster). She/he was definitely not bowled over.

It's not something I would attempt as-is. Mass quantities of bland glop is not to my liking.

39 minutes ago, slickcat79 said:

@Joan of Snarc made an attempt, and it turned into chili because weird flavors are weird.

(on pg 16)

Thank you!!!

1 hour ago, Granwych said:

But really, who would want to?

Not I. If I cook pinto beans I want them left whole and swimming in their delicious cooking liquid (or drained and added to my chili). Mashed beans are just fine out of a can. For me, a bean and cheese burrito is a quick emergency lunch. It's not something I plan for and make a large batch for the freezer.

I made a recipe out of the moody books once. It was a bean and cheese dip. It was pretty gross, but that could just be that I don't like velveeta. I tried the recipe again using real cheese and it went much better.

I made it also.  Canned refried beans from the store are better and hours less work.  I do make my own refried beans and they are a lot better than Maxhell variety.

22 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

I'd like to think that Sarah and whichever wife that isn't NRAnna would have blogs and they would still be snarked on, just not by us. And NR Anna would still be a trainwreck. Unpopular Opinion, but I really don't understand why people fawn over her and think she's so pretty. She's so plain and flat out weird with the frumpers. And I don't think she looks any different when she's pregnant. It's like looking through a time machine when I see her.

Thank you. I have no idea why she get so praised. I think she is likely the most brainwashed and dangerous of the Maxwell wives by far.

41 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Thank you. I have no idea why she get so praised. I think she is likely the most brainwashed and dangerous of the Maxwell wives by far.

I think she's pretty. Period. It's not praise; it's an opinion. What I think about her looks has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I also think she's marinated in the Kool Aid and will be raising yet another generations of StepfordMaxBorgs. Horrible people can be good looking (which is always a personal opinion) just as some of the greatest people can be downright ugly. One has nothing to do with the other.

I have this weird habit of checking all the stuff in the background of pictures.  In the post about the dog, the last photo shows Elle in the bathroom on a stool.  Did anyone besides me notice there are no curtains or blinds on the window?   Anyone could see in at night. How can Steve allow this to happen.

Also its a pet peeve of mine when towels aren't hung up straight and there's a washcloth on the floor.   My hubby will throw a wet towel on top of dry towels then the other towel gets damp and clammy.  If he gets in there first I get sloppy cold damp seconds.  

10 minutes ago, Lady Grass Lake said:

Anyone could see in at night. How can Steve allow this to happen.

They are probably in bed by sundown. Nightlife is for heathens. 

Archived