IGNORED

Maxwells vote for Ted Cruz

albanuadh_1

2 hours ago, fannomore said:

New post: 

They brought Ellie to Bass Pro Shops. Inside. Now I completely understand service dogs going to the airport and to Bass Pro but why are they bringing their puppy inside everywhere they go? She was just on a leash walking around. Is this normal? 

My guess is that Ellie is a conversation starter:

"Oh, what a cute dog."

"Thanks.  Do you know where you're going after you die?"

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

My guess is that Ellie is a conversation starter:

"Oh, what a cute dog."

"Thanks.  Do you know where you're going after you die?"

OMG, she's the new version of handing out tracts at the fair.  This is disgusting!

On Saturday, March 12, 2016 at 4:18 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

Not to mention all the people who will be out of a job.

I fucking hate Ted Cruz. I think I hate him more than Donald Trump because at least Donald Trump is aware of what a dickhead he is.

5 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

wait - WHAT?! i knew joseph had a failed courtship but nathan had TWO failed relationships before melanie? didn't they get married pretty young? how did he find the time??

Oh, crap!!! It was Chris, not Nate!!!

I am sorry for the mixup. Man, it sux to be old!!

2 hours ago, bean said:

I don't think Nathan had any failed courtships. There was one with Christopher (with Sara Nicole Smith, who had one more failed engagement after Christopher before finally marrying), and one with Joseph (Elizabeth Munck, I believe). 

I love how the Cruz rally post still contains at least two of the classic Maxwell elements, even though it was an event totally out of the norm for them:

1. Multiple shots of nothing but the backs of other people's heads

2. Poor grammar - "Senator Cruz' Rally" - really? His name doesn't even end with an s, in which case I could kinda-sorta understand what they did there. 

Oh crud you're right again? It was Sara Smith who had another failed courtship, not Chris. My very bad. Ok, so Steve only had 3 failures to launch. I'm going to bed and hope I can see straighter next time he annoys the  everlivin' daylights outta me; and hope I can rant without making so many mistakes!!!

I didn't take my little dog to people events.  My friend took her lab everwherw, which could be a pain in the ass...since she also always took a big metal water dish.  But what bugs me is going to say an art  fair and being crotch sniffed by some strangers dog, having to avoid getting tangled in some innatentive persons extendable leash or drooled on by someone's big dog in the food court.  

Worst ive seen. Some girl's midsized dog took an enormous dump on rhe floor of Antropologie on the plaza and she left it for the clerks to clean up.   So while im a dog person i am not a shopping with dog person 

I bet it was John who kicked the shoe down the stairs.  Go John!

8 hours ago, WonderingInWA said:

OMG, she's the new version of handing out tracts at the fair.  This is disgusting!

Free Ellie!

Gotta say I very much prefer Ellie to Lolly the Fucking Clown. I still cannot understand WTF they were thinking...

I never would have voted for Cruz anyway, but just knowing that the Maxwells find him to be an acceptable candidate makes me even more sure that I've made the right choice. 

Not that I don't love dogs--I do--but now that the maxwells aren't traveling much anymore and we're not treated to endless posts about packing and unpacking, they've got endless Ellie posts to take their place. Ellie goes outside. Ellie comes inside.. Ellie goes to vote. Ellie goes to the store. Ellie takes a nap. Ellie plays with the kids. We get it already. Sarah really is like one of those first time moms who has to tell you everything her kid does like its the second coming.

15 hours ago, Anonymousguest said:

I did, the one about Pilate making a bad decision to allow Jesus executed? I find that kind of thought confusing, since if Pilate had decided to free Jesus, Jesus wouldn't have died for our sins and where would Christianity be now? Clearly it was part of God's plan to have Pilate make the decision he did. Which leads to the idea maybe just because a decision seems bad, it really is the right one. Also that even "bad" decisions can have have good consequences. Kind of along the idea that if you are really struggling between 2 decisions, it likely means either is acceptable. If there was a clear right and wrong it would be evident.

No, the one title "At Least Two Ways", where he says that people try to tear you down and you have to ignore him. Something set that off, I'm sure. 

2 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Gotta say I very much prefer Ellie to Lolly the Fucking Clown. I still cannot understand WTF they were thinking...

Make that Lolly the FuckiNg Ass  Clown.  She  

I predicted early on that Ellie was going to be a big feature of their blog-- after all they have been relying on the cute ABC girls as a way to keep people coming back.

We put a lot of effort into socializing our puppy which meant exposing her to all sorts of people and situations.  She likes mingling with strangers  but we mostly take her to "dog friendly" places like the pet supply stores and animal fairs.  We even took an 8 week class called "Public Manners" which was all about taking your dog to pubs and stores and outdoor malls. Of course we would never ask anyone else to clean up our dog's mess but we also try to get her to go at home before we take her out (a few treats for running and  retrieving a frisbee usually does the trick.) Introducing our dog early  on to children, wheelchairs, motorcycles, crying babies, scooters, strollers, and other dogs means that now she stays pretty calm in public.

We were very excited when a new Cabela's was being built near us because they are enormous hunting and fishing stores that welcome dogs.  It is always good to have somewhere different to walk when it is too wet or too hot.  Unfortunately the new store has a restaurant so they banned all pets.

I just had a good laugh at myself.  I didn't know what Cabela's was, didn't think I'd ever seen one, and finally looked it up.  On seeing the photo of one I realized yes I've seen one recently.  Daughter and I thought it was a chain restaurant.  Oops. 

4 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Mercifully, Lolly hasn't made any more appearances.  People do prefer dogs!

The "girls" were allowed to travel unchaperoned a full 45 minutes away from home, presuming they went to the closest one. I suppose that's kinda good news. 

I'm kind of surprised the Maxwell's are the kind of people who take their dog everywhere like that. I would have guessed them to be more of a "Dogs belong outside" family.

4 hours ago, Anonymousguest said:

I'm kind of surprised the Maxwell's are the kind of people who take their dog everywhere like that. I would have guessed them to be more of a "Dogs belong outside" family.

Oh, but they do. Unless it's the Maxwells' dog.

6 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

The "girls" were allowed to travel unchaperoned a full 45 minutes away from home, presuming they went to the closest one. I suppose that's kinda good news. 

I completely agree MamaJunebug, but how pathetic is it that we're saying that!! God, their lives....... :bangheaddesk:

16 hours ago, SPHASH said:

No Palm Sunday post from Sarah.  I am shocked!

I thought that is a catholic thing? 

9 hours ago, IrishCarrie said:

I completely agree MamaJunebug, but how pathetic is it that we're saying that!! God, their lives....... :bangheaddesk:

But who took the group picture of them in the store-- probably a selfie?

27 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

I thought that is a catholic thing? 

I can't imagine the Maxwells celebrating Palm Sunday.  Too Catholic, too liturgical/high church generally.

New post, with a video tribute to Nathan and Melanie's daughter who died when she was three days old. I started to watch the video, but it felt a little too voyeuristic. 

1 minute ago, molecule said:

New post, with a video tribute to Nathan and Melanie's daughter who died when she was three days old. I started to watch the video, but it felt a little too voyeuristic. 

I saw that. Didn't watch the slide show. 

I'm curious about what people think when Christians say things like, "God's grace is sufficient," after losing someone. Particularly a child. I know there are never really the right words to say, but what does that even mean? 

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to be snarky. I'm honestly wondering what you all think about it. 

8 minutes ago, molecule said:

They post it every year.  It's actually very well-done, but rather heartbreaking, of course.  And Nathann's blog posts from that time were also just heart-wrenching.  I had just started to read their blog about 2 months prior to Suzannah's birth so the family was new to me at the time and I was praying for them every day.  So sad.

Archived