IGNORED

Maxwells vote for Ted Cruz

albanuadh_1

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why did Elissa have to bring her baby? Seriously. Maybe everyone else wanted a kid free evening!

8 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Doug-Phillips-Is-A-Rapist and his erstwhile leghumper, Jennie Chancey, were big on the women-shouldn't-vote crap back in the day. In their view, only the man as head of the family should vote and his vote would "reflect" hers. Here's a quote from DPIAR (on another website) that was originally posted at VFM in an article entitled "”Biblical Patriarchy and the Doctrine of Federal Representation:"

In regards to a woman’s right to vote; if husband and wife are truly “one flesh” and the husband is doing his duty to represent the family to the wider community, then what PRACTICAL benefit does allowing women to vote provide? If husband and wife agree on an issue, then one has simply doubled the number of votes; but the result is the same. Women’s voting only makes a difference when the husband and wife disagree; a wife, who does not trust the judgment of her husband, can nullify his vote. Thus, the immediate consequence is to enshrine the will of the individual OVER the good of the family thus creating divisions WITHIN the family.

That's very similar to something my father said this morning :my_confused:

6 hours ago, iweartanktops6 said:

The date night/babysitting post 

http://blog.titus2.com/2016/03/08/an-all-maxwell-event/

What the hell does Sarah do while the other SAHDs are watching the kids? 

Write novels?

3 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Why did Elissa have to bring her baby? Seriously. Maybe everyone else wanted a kid free evening!

I assumed that the baby is still nursing, and had to come along because the group dinner overlapped a scheduled feeding. 

I assumed the same.

And OF COURSE bible time after going out for dinner.

I wonder who lead the bible-time for the littles and singles. John?

9 hours ago, nausicaa said:

From what I've read about the U.S. women's suffrage movement, the biggest argument against it wasn't that women were too stupid and emotional to have the right to vote (although, that was definitely emphasized as well), but rather that women's suffrage would "tear families apart!" because the husband and wife would disagree about politics and it would encourage familial disharmony. The idea was that the two should be of one flesh, and the wife should respect the husband's leadership.

That is actually a pretty good description of why politics was a taboo topic at home. It may cause family discord so no way in hell should anything political be discussed. Election day had us kids trying to subtly get out of the parents who they voted for. Never worked.

I honestly don't see what the fuss is about. My parents often vote differently. Mr. Foudeb and I are actually registered members of two different parties. We all discuss politics a lot. We look forward to TV debates almost as much as to the next episode of Games of Thrones. And we all agree that the important part is being a responsible citizen who uses their vote in a discerning manner.

I don't believe couples who say they're one flesh and agree on everything. Either they're very thick or someone is biting their tongue a lot, which can't be healthy for either member of the couple. Better to get it out in a way that's respectful of the other person's opinion.

Often with politics I find it's a matter of agreeing on the basic principles, but having different priorities that lead you to choose one option rather than the other. They should just try to make the other person understand why this particular policy is a priority to them. Might even be able to convince them to vote differently on a specific issue.

4 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

I assumed that the baby is still nursing, and had to come along because the group dinner overlapped a scheduled feeding. 

They could have easily SCHEDULED dinner around that. They have nothing else to do. This is a major SCHEDULING FAILURE.

I can't fault them for bring the baby. If I were nursing a young baby, I wouldn't leave her either. They do enough other stuff to snark on.

When is Anna due? She looks great for being pregnant a 4th time in less than 5 years.

14 hours ago, kpmom said:

Well, we know she owns a Lolly the Clown outfit, and that kids are drawn to her like a magnet. 

It seems like Sarah was featuring NR-Anna on the blog for a time, but not so much anymore.

It really seems like it's the unmarried brothers she rarely ever writes anything too personal about.  A lot of what we know about John was discovered by FJ members doing research.  I feel like we know almost nothing about Jesse.

Who's Jesse? 

:kitty-wink:

14 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

I'm trying to imagine dinner conversation for the marrieds at whichever steak house chain they are eating at (there is a coaster and a menu, I just am not able to see clearly if it's Logan's Roadhouse, Lone Star, or some other place. They all have such similar theming and menus that I can't tell.). There can't be much to discuss on the menu. They don't know anything about current events. They see each other all the time and probably have nothing interesting to say about the children. It's not like when my relatives get together a few times a year and everyone catches up and plays games and reminisce and shares stories that we were all there for but are still hilarious. They aren't allowed joy! I just picture it being so somber. Ugh. At least they went to one of the places that won't let you linger so they probably only had to fill 45 minutes or so of conversation. 

Probably the Lord Stevus Jesus. 

1 hour ago, Justme said:

I can't fault them for bring the baby. If I were nursing a young baby, I wouldn't leave her either. They do enough other stuff to snark on.

When is Anna due? She looks great for being pregnant a 4th time in less than 5 years.

But it is a SCHEDULING failure.

Callie's got a long bleak childhood of sister-momness, janitor duties, maid duties, sad lonely SOTDRT education and endless SATDness to not look forward to.

I'm glad she's getting those first few months of life in her parents' arms, being the only kid around. It's going to go downhill fast from here. If the cost of that is an EPIC SCHEDULING FAIL... well done OfJoseph for engineering it.

2 hours ago, iweartanktops6 said:

Who's Jesse? 

:kitty-wink:

He's the one who had a guinea pig once.  That's all we know about him.

10 hours ago, albanuadh_1 said:

How old is Calla Lily or whatever her name is? 

:clap:Calla Lily! :pb_lol:

11 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Six months is also about the age when babies start going through separation anxiety.  They usually get over it around the time they are a year old and they know object permanence; in other words, an object disappearing for a few minutes doesn't mean that it's gone forever.

4 hours ago, WonderingInWA said:

He's the one who had a guinea pig once.  That's all we know about him.

He's their tech genius. He also bears a startling resemblance to Sheldon from Big Bang Theory.

21 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

He's their tech genius. He also bears a startling resemblance to Sheldon from Big Bang Theory.

The only one with glasses. 

The Original Maxwells and the Joseph Maxwells have the worst living rooms ever seen.  They look so dull, completely devoid of personality.  Other than Jesus, that is.

But that sums up the Maxwells perfectly:  Dull except for Jesus.  I would say Dull including Jesus but then there would be nothing to snark on and they would just be bland, middle class people. All that extra added Jesus goodness has made them the snarkable mess we love to keep up with.

I'm trying to imagine Maxwells without Jesus.  Steve would still be working for a big company.  Teri would have gotten some treatment for her depression.  There would have been no reversal so there would only be Sarah, Nathan, and Christopher who would all be married with kids, but probably not so many kids. Teri might have gone back to work full time so there would have been more money.  There would be a lot more color in their lives, a lot more stimulation and adventure, a lot less certainty as to scheduling.  On the other hand, while there would be more highs there would probably be more woes-- divorce, job loss, romantic failures, perhaps even family quarrels and estrangement. I don't know if any of them would have become published authors.

13 minutes ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

But that sums up the Maxwells perfectly:  Dull except for Jesus.  I would say Dull including Jesus but then there would be nothing to snark on and they would just be bland, middle class people. All that extra added Jesus goodness has made them the snarkable mess we love to keep up with.

I'm trying to imagine Maxwells without Jesus.  Steve would still be working for a big company.  Teri would have gotten some treatment for her depression.  There would have been no reversal so there would only be Sarah, Nathan, and Christopher who would all be married with kids, but probably not so many kids. Teri might have gone back to work full time so there would have been more money.  There would be a lot more color in their lives, a lot more stimulation and adventure, a lot less certainty as to scheduling.  On the other hand, while there would be more highs there would probably be more woes-- divorce, job loss, romantic failures, perhaps even family quarrels and estrangement. I don't know if any of them would have become published authors.

I'd like to think that Sarah and whichever wife that isn't NRAnna would have blogs and they would still be snarked on, just not by us. And NR Anna would still be a trainwreck. Unpopular Opinion, but I really don't understand why people fawn over her and think she's so pretty. She's so plain and flat out weird with the frumpers. And I don't think she looks any different when she's pregnant. It's like looking through a time machine when I see her.

30 minutes ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

And there would be Pepsi -- lots and lots and lots of Pepsi -- in the fridge and in the pantry. 

Archived