IGNORED

Maxwells vote for Ted Cruz

albanuadh_1

Mmm. Mexican Meat. Yet another Maxwell-ism that absolutely wouldn't pass the Turing test. Have we completely ruled out the possibility that the Maxwells are sophisticated AI attempting to pass as humans? Just something to think about. tm

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stove top cooking for the last 20 minutes would cook off the extra juices.  Or, drain it in a colander?

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

A degreed aeronautical engineer. 

Wrapped towels around an electrical appliance on a flammable base. 

To speed the cooking down of meat juices in an appliance *designed* to help secrete juices from meats. 

Why! Do! Any! Of! His! Followers! Pay! Him! Any! Attention!?

He promotes family propagation and has four failures-to-launch among his oldest 4 children* -- why! Listen! To! His! Instructions!!???

i will never - if I live to be 100, heaven forfend - comprehend what people find laudable about this clown!

*2 failed courtships for Nate, 1 for Joe, a puppy-not-kids for PS -- yes, I call that 4 failures-to-launch --- and he's a revered expert??!! Among what group of barely sentient beings, please?!!

:clap::clap::clap:

22 minutes ago, salex said:

Stove top cooking for the last 20 minutes would cook off the extra juices.  Or, drain it in a colander?

Can we stop saying "extra juices" in reference to Steve? :eyewash:

53 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

:brain-bleach::brain-bleach::brain-bleach: 

Engineers should know better.

But then again, recently, at one of the universities I collaborate with, the Chemical Engineering and Chemistry department got an email asking graduate students to stop standing on rolling chairs to reach shelves because it had made up the majority of the safety incident reports from the past 2 months.

On the other hand, I cooked a whole bunch of mexican meat (chicken) in my crockpot with veg and onions and spices and there was too much liquid oh no! But I wanted to save the salsa-like veggies that had cooked so long in spices. So I took those thighs out with tongs and reduced the rest on the stove, yielding me some moist chicken thighs and a pseudo-salsa-sauce type of thing for topping.

I wonder what would happen if we put @OkToBeTakei 's Steve in a crock pot. 

And if you want to get rid of extra juice in a crockpot, just remove the lid. 

4 hours ago, Granwych said:

Or maybe you're a good cook who doesn't need spiritual guidance with appliances!

Impossible!!  He wrote a book about making one's children into brilliant conversationalists!  (Which failed to light conversational fires under the vast majority of readers)

All it did for me was make me think, "Humans don't actually talk like that."

3 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

Mmm. Mexican Meat. Yet another Maxwell-ism that absolutely wouldn't pass the Turing test. Have we completely ruled out the possibility that the Maxwells are sophisticated AI attempting to pass as humans? Just something to think about. tm

Not that sophisticated.

3 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

:pb_lol:

I googled Mexican meat.  Being I live in San Diego county, I got a list of butchers, markets, and grocery stores.  :) 

I can't stop thinking about the kid who kicked the shoe. He probably just wanted to play a little soccer, which he knew was forbidden in this house. Maybe the show was sign from God that he should be playing sports and could be a playing who showed his faith through sports. Or maybe it was just a bored kid who wasn't allowed to do anything other than clean and read the Bible. I can't imagine the pent up energy those kids had all the time. 

1 hour ago, socalrules said:

I can't stop thinking about the kid who kicked the shoe. He probably just wanted to play a little soccer, which he knew was forbidden in this house. Maybe the show was sign from God that he should be playing sports and could be a playing who showed his faith through sports. Or maybe it was just a bored kid who wasn't allowed to do anything other than clean and read the Bible. I can't imagine the pent up energy those kids had all the time. 

Yes, but kicking shoes from off of the stairs could lead to making gravity an idol! 

6 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

A degreed aeronautical engineer. 

Wrapped towels around an electrical appliance on a flammable base. 

To speed the cooking down of meat juices in an appliance *designed* to help secrete juices from meats. 

Why! Do! Any! Of! His! Followers! Pay! Him! Any! Attention!?

He promotes family propagation and has four failures-to-launch among his oldest 4 children* -- why! Listen! To! His! Instructions!!???

i will never - if I live to be 100, heaven forfend - comprehend what people find laudable about this clown!

*2 failed courtships for Nate, 1 for Joe, a puppy-not-kids for PS -- yes, I call that 4 failures-to-launch --- and he's a revered expert??!! Among what group of barely sentient beings, please?!!

wait - WHAT?! i knew joseph had a failed courtship but nathan had TWO failed relationships before melanie? didn't they get married pretty young? how did he find the time??

Well, fuck. I started a thread in food related hobbies yesterday to get some crockpot tips. Thanks to Stevus, I learned a lot here, instead! 

And of course, I had to start a thread for advice because like @CyborgKin, I am also not holy enough for cooking Spirit Checks™. Bummer. :shrug:

Personally, I'd prefer monetary Spirit Checks™ anyway. Is that a thing? 

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

I googled Mexican meat.  Being I live in San Diego county, I got a list of butchers, markets, and grocery stores.  :) 

LOL, sounds about right for SD (I'm from California and lived in San Diego for 5 years while I was in undergrade - miss that city!)

I'm in Baltimore, and googled Mexican meat and got listings for Chipotle and an article on the differences between Carne Asada, Carnitas and Al Pastor. 

I lived with a Mexican American family for a while in undergrad, and they had all sorts of different meat all the time. So freaking yummy. Miss that homemade Mexican food - I'm sure the Maxwells have never had anything like it. 

BTW, did anyone notice the Seriously column right before this one about the crockpot? Someone certainly thinks highly of himself. 

48 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

BTW, did anyone notice the Seriously column right before this one about the crockpot? Someone certainly thinks highly of himself. 

I did, the one about Pilate making a bad decision to allow Jesus executed? I find that kind of thought confusing, since if Pilate had decided to free Jesus, Jesus wouldn't have died for our sins and where would Christianity be now? Clearly it was part of God's plan to have Pilate make the decision he did. Which leads to the idea maybe just because a decision seems bad, it really is the right one. Also that even "bad" decisions can have have good consequences. Kind of along the idea that if you are really struggling between 2 decisions, it likely means either is acceptable. If there was a clear right and wrong it would be evident.

New post: 

They brought Ellie to Bass Pro Shops. Inside. Now I completely understand service dogs going to the airport and to Bass Pro but why are they bringing their puppy inside everywhere they go? She was just on a leash walking around. Is this normal? 

9 minutes ago, fannomore said:

New post: 

They brought Ellie to Bass Pro Shops. Inside. Now I completely understand service dogs going to the airport and to Bass Pro but why are they bringing their puppy inside everywhere they go? She was just on a leash walking around. Is this normal? 

I've seen so many dogs in Bass Pro Shops but SPECIFICALLY Bass Pro so I'm going to say....yes? Only probably because it's a lot of sporting/hunting goods and very often the dogs that are in there are hunting dogs.

1 minute ago, Antimony said:

I've seen so many dogs in Bass Pro Shops but SPECIFICALLY Bass Pro so I'm going to say....yes? Only probably because it's a lot of sporting/hunting goods and very often the dogs that are in there are hunting dogs.

I just looked and they also took her to vote for Cruz. So... I guess they just take her inside everywhere! 

Just now, fannomore said:

I just looked and they also took her to vote for Cruz. So... I guess they just take her inside everywhere! 

I just googled - Bass Pro is specifically dog-friendly.

No clue about the polling place.

The Maxwells, probably though, just assume whatever they're doing is right and totally fine without checking. (Unless god gives them a spiritual check, I guess?) And it's pretty unlikely for somebody to start a confrontation over a small puppy like that if it isn't causing trouble. First an employee or official would have to report it after seeing them....somebody would have to decide to tell them to leave...etc. With Steve around, the argument might even take longer than their normal shopping trip would and wouldn't be worth the hassle.

@fannomore, I would imagine that it's OK with the management of Bass Pro Shops that they brought Ellie in there.  It's not like the women I saw smuggling a dog in Target the other day.  Dogs, except for service animals, are not supposed to go into Target.  They have a grocery section and a Starbucks, too.

2 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

wait - WHAT?! i knew joseph had a failed courtship but nathan had TWO failed relationships before melanie? didn't they get married pretty young? how did he find the time??

I don't think Nathan had any failed courtships. There was one with Christopher (with Sara Nicole Smith, who had one more failed engagement after Christopher before finally marrying), and one with Joseph (Elizabeth Munck, I believe). 

I love how the Cruz rally post still contains at least two of the classic Maxwell elements, even though it was an event totally out of the norm for them:

1. Multiple shots of nothing but the backs of other people's heads

2. Poor grammar - "Senator Cruz' Rally" - really? His name doesn't even end with an s, in which case I could kinda-sorta understand what they did there. 

8 minutes ago, bean said:

I don't think Nathan had any failed courtships. There was one with Christopher (with Sara Nicole Smith, who had one more failed engagement after Christopher before finally marrying), and one with Joseph (Elizabeth Munck, I believe). 

Yes, only two failed courtships that we know for sure about.  One for Christopher and one for Joseph.  Who knows if there were ever any for Poor Sarah.

Here in California, people seem to take their dogs everywhere, so it doesn't really shock me. I don't even really think anything of it anymore. The only place it is rare to see them is inside a restaurant. Although a lot of people just sit out on the patio with their dogs. 

In Germany people take their dogs everywhere too, although I've yet to see one in a supermarket. It makes me laugh because my dog is so naughty he'd just be barking loudly and pissing people off.

Archived