IGNORED

Jessa, Ben, and Spurgeon part 4

Boogalou

Spurgeon's room did look bad. I assume he's probably sleeping in a bassinet or something in their bedroom. But I didn't really pay attention to whether or not one was in there.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 8:00 PM, FleeJanaFree said:

I think y'all are over reacting about the bed. It's unstraightened blankets. That's it. Big deal. We all do it. I wouldn't give a shit if my rumpled blankets were seen either. It's convenient for me to crawl into bed at any time to snuggle up with a book. Maybe Jessa snuggles up there when she breastfeeds. 

Well, every action seems deliberately orchestrated so there must be some TLC logic behind the unmade beds.  It probably isn't just chance.

1 hour ago, MakeItSo said:

I still, to this day, have this habit of collecting all the plates/cutlery off the table and stacking it, ready for the waiter to grab it. My mom always gave me the mom look and would go, "what are you doing?" and I was always a little offended at that because wasn't it her who taught us to clear the table? haha I'm sure I'm making it more difficult for the waiters/waitresses but no one's ever complained, so... *shrugs*

When I waited tables, I didn't mind people stacking the plates. Made them easier to pick up when it was busy and I couldn't stay right on top of it, especially in the booths.

16 hours ago, Trynn said:

Wouldn't that actually make more work for the maid? I mean, aren't they supposed to make it an exact way? Woikdnt they just have to redo it?

Exactly! That's one of the great mysteries of my youth which befuddled me..that and make sure you have clean underwear on in case we are in an accident...

I was pretty sure even as a child that if I were in an accident my underwear would get real dirty real fast! :pb_lol:

10 minutes ago, paulypepper said:

Exactly! That's one of the great mysteries of my youth which befuddled me..that and make sure you have clean underwear on in case we are in an accident...

I was pretty sure even as a child that if I were in an accident my underwear would get real dirty real fast!

I see you've met my relatives. :P That never made sense to me either.

LOL at the clean underwear logic. I do it, though. Those lessons are deeply ingrained.  I also clean my house before I go on a trip, just in case something happens. Don't want whoever has to go through my house/bring me my things to see a huge mess. It's weird, I know it, still cannot help but do it.  Also, it's nice to come back to a clean house. 

19 hours ago, Trynn said:

Wouldn't that actually make more work for the maid? I mean, aren't they supposed to make it an exact way? Woikdnt they just have to redo it?

They have to change the sheets. I hope.

On 3/22/2016 at 5:21 PM, ClaraOswin said:

Eek! Adorable. How much did they weigh at birth?

If you are asking me, 2lb each.

I really wonder how Michelle reacts when she watches the show and sees all the mess.  Does it make her cringe?  Wasn't it her job to raise godly young people and young women with great housekeeping skills?  Hmmm. I hope this is an intentional "raised middle finger" to mamma from her darling daughter.

1 hour ago, twinmama said:

If you are asking me, 2lb each.

Wow. Such tiny little peanuts. I can't even imagine.

There was a 24-weeker born at a local hospital recently...under 1 pound.

Just now, ClaraOswin said:

Wow. Such tiny little peanuts. I can't even imagine.

There was a 24-weeker born at our hospital recently...under 1 pound.

Wow, under a pound... Wow. I actually know someone whose baby was just under a pound. She's a year or two old now! Unreal the way they can save and help babies born so early and so small!

He was 14.99 pounds and 10 inches long at birth. She had to have a c-section because of preeclampsia. So scary. He's up to 5 pounds now.

7 hours ago, Hera said:

LOL at the clean underwear logic. I do it, though. Those lessons are deeply ingrained.  I also clean my house before I go on a trip, just in case something happens. Don't want whoever has to go through my house/bring me my things to see a huge mess. It's weird, I know it, still cannot help but do it.  Also, it's nice to come back to a clean house. 

I clean my house before I go on a trip too, and I put clean sheets on the bed.  That is so nice, to climb into your own bed once again, with fresh sheets!  We just spent a week vacation in Hawaii, and every morning I would pick up any trash or stuff lying on the floor and straighten the room a bit before we left, so the cleaning people didn't think we were total slobs.

As to the messy bed/bedroom:  If I am expecting visitors of any kind, I always clean up my house, put away clutter, put away dishes, and most definitely I make my bed, even if I don't expect my guest(s) to go anywhere near the bedroom.  Because, they just might get a glimpse and if they do, I want my home to look neat.  If I had a tv crew coming to film, and my house and bedroom were going to be shown to millions of people - my home would be spic and span.  Jessa and Ben remind me of kids who have never had to pick up after themselves and so they don't really know how or even think much about it.

I used to clean hotel rooms. Tidying up is most welcomed as it makes dusting and hoovering easier. Not all hotels change sheets every day but the beds have to made a particular way so they would have to be pulled apart and redone most likely.

My brother once told me off for checking out of a hotel room and leaving the sheets all piled up on the bed. He had remade his bed before leaving. Leaving the sheets piled up was almost certainly more helpful for housekeeping in shaving a few seconds off but my brother is all about the appearances!

I think it's a lame title.  Makes me think of new, obvious predicates every time I hear it:

Counting On:

...Finding a man to marry

...Obeying my own headship

...TLC paying all my bills

...Birthing babies and spin-offs

...My phony smile to make you think I'm happy

...lots and lots of anti-psychotics to keep me going

...Dad's contract language that probably has TLC on the hook for another couple years

I am surprised that since the family is so wealthy they don't pay a housekeeper come weekly to each house and right before shooting days?

9 minutes ago, biblelandjunkie said:

I am surprised that since the family is so wealthy they don't pay a housekeeper come weekly to each house and right before shooting days?

Or pay for someone to give the girls cooking lessons . . .:my_confused:

3 hours ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

I really wonder how Michelle reacts when she watches the show and sees all the mess.  Does it make her cringe?  Wasn't it her job to raise godly young people and young women with great housekeeping skills?  Hmmm. I hope this is an intentional "raised middle finger" to mamma from her darling daughter.

You know, I was on the WTF, clean your damn house! bandwagon before you and another poster (and maybe others) pointed out that after a lifetime of housework, maybe Jessa is just saying fuck it. That's fair enough. Though I'd still clean for the cameras! 

5 minutes ago, Hera said:

You know, I was on the WTF, clean your damn house! bandwagon before you and another poster (and maybe others) pointed out that after a lifetime of housework, maybe Jessa is just saying fuck it. That's fair enough. Though I'd still clean for the cameras! 

Screw the camera!  What about cleaning for the health of the people who live in the home, including a newborn baby?

http://asthmaandallergies.org/asthma-allergies/dust-mite-allergy/

I know this has been discussed already, but after watching that TLC video on Youtube about Spurgeon's many nicknames, I can't help but subscribe to the idea Jessa secretly hates the first name. At first I didn't put too much stock into the theory because I could buy Jessa trying to out-Christian everyone else with the baby name, but after hearing her get so excited about the name Elliot, I'm convinced Ben pushed the name on her.

In the counting on thread, the adoption topic has come up again. Jessa says they can't adopt with a newborn, but what about if she's pregnant or becomes pregnant during the process? Does anyone know? I suppose it probably depends on each individual agency or state dept of family services. 

12 minutes ago, Snarkylark said:

In the counting on thread, the adoption topic has come up again. Jessa says they can't adopt with a newborn, but what about if she's pregnant or becomes pregnant during the process? Does anyone know? I suppose it probably depends on each individual agency or state dept of family services. 

You're right that it depends. Mostly commonly, though, your file is placed on hold (meaning you can't move forward with an adoption but you aren't kicked out of the pool entirely) until the new biological baby reaches whatever age requirement the agency/department has set. 

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

You're right that it depends. Mostly commonly, though, your file is placed on hold (meaning you can't move forward with an adoption but you aren't kicked out of the pool entirely) until the new biological baby reaches whatever age requirement the agency/department has set. 

With the no birth control rule, how will they ever make the grade of 9 months and not pregnant? Inquiring minds need to know. 

1 minute ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

With the no birth control rule, how will they ever make the grade of 9 months and not pregnant? Inquiring minds need to know. 

It would be virtually impossible without some sort of family planning. Even if Jessa makes it until the baby is old enough, that's just to get the adoption process active again. Generally the couple would still need to update their homestudy to reflect the change in their family situation and then would have to wait to be matched with a child. All of that takes time.

A fertile young couple would almost certainly need to use at least a barrier or rhythm method if they weren't comfortable with hormonal birth control.

Unless of course the adoption thing is all talk, then the pregnancies could be an excuse to never actually do it. "Oh, we'd love to adopt but... *sigh*... our latest baby is still too young" on and on.

On 3/24/2016 at 9:42 PM, Hera said:

When I waited tables, I didn't mind people stacking the plates. Made them easier to pick up when it was busy and I couldn't stay right on top of it, especially in the booths.

Oh good. I was wondering if maybe there is a way to stack them wrong (I'm sure some waiters have their own system) and so I was recently thinking how I may make more work for them than good. :)

• Criscat locked this topic

Archived