IGNORED

Jessa, Ben, and Spurgeon part 4

Boogalou

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

The Seewalds can't move to Chicago for more education. Look how Josh fell apart in Washington DC. Chicago has historically, been known for more corruption and gangsters. Who knows how this might influence Bin? 

He'll join a gang w/his hat on backwards, run the streets and record bitchin' rap.

I can't see this marriage lasting.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aside from just wanting to get it on with the hot girl, I think Ben was very calculated about getting Jessa because that would be his platform to be a theologan, just like Derrick thought and apparenty rightfully so-- that if you get with a Duggar girl you can get funded. Ben married Jessa and then went off to pontificate--that backfired, so be not so much a "writer" but a rapper, Oh, but is this really what JBoob will let happen: 

4 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Back to Ben. Is Moody college accredited? I saw that it had some accreditation, but not sure if it's the same as a state university would have. Also, I read on Pickles that he can only do a year of distance learning, then he would have to go to Chicago. Can we see this happening, or will he find another online college to get a fake degree?

storyline 

moving to Chicago -anybody believe that 

Will the Duggars still be on television when Ben is ready to move? Maybe not, and they might be in the middle of an adoption, or maybe even a new blessing.

The Moody Bible institute is Accredited and I don't think the Duggars could handle it. I know someone who went there and they Had a Strict Schedule ( Not conducive to duggar time) . 

I could see Jessa and Ben moving to Chicago. I would like to think it would be a growing experience for them, but my guess is they won't change very much and will mainly seclude themselves at home and occasionally socialize in a bubble with the like-minded.

You would think moving to Guatemala and then El Salvador would have been a growing experience for the Dillards, but it doesn't seem to have expanded their horizons at all. When they talk about socializing, it's either with other (mainly white) American visitors or the time they watched an American religious movie with their Spanish teacher. They don't seem to have any contact at all with the majority of the local community other than when they are "ministering" by Derrick preaching or Jill going to a clinic for a photo op. They don't talk about local friends or participating in community life. Other than the scenery, they could be in Pittsburgh or Southern California or down the street from Jill's childhood home, for all the difference it's making in the lifestyle - at least as they portray themselves.

I think it'll be the same for the Seewalds. The backdrop will change, and they'll claim their life includes all kinds of adventure and excitement, but in reality it'll just be the same old thing they've always done.

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

I could see Jessa and Ben moving to Chicago. I would like to think it would be a growing experience for them, but my guess is they won't change very much and will mainly seclude themselves at home and occasionally socialize in a bubble with the like-minded.

You would think moving to Guatemala and then El Salvador would have been a growing experience for the Dillards, but it doesn't seem to have expanded their horizons at all. When they talk about socializing, it's either with other (mainly white) American visitors or the time they watched an American religious movie with their Spanish teacher. They don't seem to have any contact at all with the majority of the local community other than when they are "ministering" by Derrick preaching or Jill going to a clinic for a photo op. They don't talk about local friends or participating in community life. Other than the scenery, they could be in Pittsburgh or Southern California or down the street from Jill's childhood home, for all the difference it's making in the lifestyle - at least as they portray themselves.

I think it'll be the same for the Seewalds. The backdrop will change, and they'll claim their life includes all kinds of adventure and excitement, but in reality it'll just be the same old thing they've always done.

are there fundies in Chicago ?- because otherwise I don't know how would they handle it 

Just now, nst said:

are there fundies in Chicago ?- because otherwise I don't know how would they handle it 

Yes, very much so. They obviously aren't the majority but they exist.

Just now, Mercer said:

Yes, very much so. They obviously aren't the majority but they exist.

well can't they locate them? 

because pretending like they did with Flame won't work 

how would they look them up :D that's a serious question

1 minute ago, nst said:

I think ATI/IBlP was located somewhere around Chicago? So there might be some people who didn't move with them to Big Sandy. Also, according to my wikipedia researches, the population of the Chigaco metropolitan area is 9.5 million people, I guess it's safe to say that there are some crazy fundies among them.

Just now, Sundaymorning said:

I think ATI/IBlP was located somewhere around Chicago? So there might be some people who didn't move with them to Big Sandy. Also, according to my wikipedia researches, the population of the Chigaco metropolitan area is 9.5 million people, I guess it's safe to say that there are some crazy fundies among them.

well then - they can contact them and perhaps be included - because otherwise Ben might just have a fit 

6 minutes ago, nst said:

Not sure about fundies, but there are tons of Catholics.

4 minutes ago, nst said:

well can't they locate them? 

because pretending like they did with Flame won't work 

how would they look them up :D that's a serious question

Ben would probably meet like-minded people at Moody. Not everyone who attends there would be suitably conservative, but there would be a decent fundie population. 

Chicago has churches of all sorts of stripes, including non-denominational conservative.

Also it's entirely possible the Duggars already know people in the area, given how much they travel to home school events and religious gatherings.

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Ben would probably meet like-minded people at Moody. Not everyone who attends there would be suitably conservative, but there would be a decent fundie population. 

Chicago has churches of all sorts of stripes, including non-denominational conservative.

Also it's entirely possible the Duggars already know people in the area, given how much they travel to home school events and religious gatherings.

I should have thought of that - they already have people who hate the rest of the world 

they will be fine 

road trip for them 

storyline 

5 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

The Seewalds can't move to Chicago for more education. Look how Josh fell apart in Washington DC. Chicago has historically, been known for more corruption and gangsters. Who knows how this might influence Bin? 

Josh didn't fall apart in D.C., but much earlier. The molestations happend in Arkansas, and he also created his first Ashley Madison profile there. His job which involved travelling and such made cheating surely easier, but Washington D.C. isn't to blame for Joshley's sinful behaviour.

1 minute ago, Sundaymorning said:

Josh didn't fall apart in D.C., but much earlier. The molestations happend in Arkansas, and he also created his first Ashley Madison profile there. His job which involved travelling and such made cheating surely easier, but Washington D.C. isn't to blame for Joshley's sinful behaviour.

and Ben can shun the prostitutes on the way to school 

1 minute ago, nst said:

and Ben can shun the prostitutes on the way to school 

Honestly, if Ben ever cheated, I don't think that Jessa would keep sweet like Anna. And I'm pretty sure Ben knows that very well. I could see her first attacking him and then seeking out his mistress, and shit would go down for sure. :wham:

• Criscat locked this topic

Archived