IGNORED

Jessa, Ben, and Spurgeon part 4

Boogalou

1 hour ago, ClaraOswin said:

I used the swaddle ones for about a month. Then my son started working his arms out so we switched to sleep sacks with arm holes. Because I can't resist sharing a photo of my kid...here he is the last time he had a swaddle while sleeping. This was during a very short 'nap' in his Pack n Play in the living room. (Don't mind his wonky head shape...he had torticollis and a strange head shape at birth. It's all fine now though.)

swaddle1_zps8hpd8cbv.jpg

(And if anyone in "real life" recognizes my kid....hi! Don't "out" me!)

Super cute! My kids were houdinis with the swaddle as well. Even in the NICU where the nurses are like professional swaddlers, they could still wiggle a hand up to the face. Here are my two in their sacks (I can't resist either). Also this is one of my favorite old "holy shit, they gave me to babies at that hospital!" photos.

IMAG0480.jpg

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think y'all are over reacting about the bed. It's unstraightened blankets. That's it. Big deal. We all do it. I wouldn't give a shit if my rumpled blankets were seen either. It's convenient for me to crawl into bed at any time to snuggle up with a book. Maybe Jessa snuggles up there when she breastfeeds. 

5 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Thanks. Though I actually don't think he looks all that cute there...haha. Babies take a while to get cute, IMO. The first month or so they are so....new looking. 

Just like that meme says...they all basically look like potatoes.

No, that guy is a cutie for sure! :D

What's with Jessa having her eyes closed in all the promo photos? She can't bear to look at her kid named Spurgeon?

48 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

What's with Jessa having her eyes closed in all the promo photos? She can't bear to look at her kid named Spurgeon?

If we wanted to do a good deed for Jessa, maybe we should start posting on all the Duggar forums and so forth about cute Elliot-the-Spurgeon and after a while shorten it to Elliot.  Maybe the humpers and the family would get the idea.

The ONLY good thing about the name they gave the poor little thing is that "Elliot" is a perfectly lovely name. At least when he is old enough to reject Spurgeon, he has a nice name to use that is already on his birth certificate. 

21 hours ago, felinefundie said:

As far as not having a top sheet, I can't snark on that. I can't sleep with a top sheet. I just tangle myself up in it. And I sleep really hot so I usually just use a thin, throw-type blanket.

My dad once called in a cleaning service to clean their house as a present to my mother. My mom stayed up all night the night before scrubbing everything down because she was too embarrassed to let the people who were literally paid to clean the house see it even the slightest bit messy. How these people can feel perfectly content letting the whole world see their messy houses and unmade beds is completely beyond me.

That reminds me of when I was a kid and traveling with my Mom and Dad. We could NEVER leave a motel without first making the bed and straightening up the room. :my_smile:

That reminds me of when I was a kid and traveling with my Mom and Dad. We could NEVER leave a motel without first making the bed and straightening up the room. :my_smile:

Wouldn't that actually make more work for the maid? I mean, aren't they supposed to make it an exact way? Woikdnt they just have to redo it?

2 hours ago, Trynn said:

Wouldn't that actually make more work for the maid? I mean, aren't they supposed to make it an exact way? Woikdnt they just have to redo it?

When I leave a hotel room I put all the stuff on the bed on the floor so they can pick it up and the bed is ready for the new sheets. During the stay I always have the sign out that says that you want to sleep because I hate it when people go into my room. (Even here at home.) 

My Grandma also recently said that she would have to clean before someone that cleans could come. :shakehead:

Speaking of the name Spurgeon, a couple of years ago, Mental Floss posted a list of the least popular names in America from 1880 to 1932 and the least popular baby name in 1894 was Spurgeon.  The list is easy to google. The article is titled "The Least Popular American Baby Names According to Early Records".

Ben posted this to his Facebook an hour ago. Apparently they had date night again, and it looks like the Spurge is not with them this time...

12049348_1735521070013620_5830898762279088270_n.jpg

How is it a date when they're always together and if Spurge is along? Was that seriously the first time they'd left the house since the spurge was born?? 

4 hours ago, Gobbles said:

When I leave a hotel room I put all the stuff on the bed on the floor so they can pick it up and the bed is ready for the new sheets. 

Yes, that is the best thing to do. (I cleaned hotels in college). Makes no point to make the bed; they still must be washed! If all the blankets,sheets, and pillowcases are off, it saves housekeeping a lot of time.

another tidbit: if you stay multiple days, leave a couple bucks daily rather than a big tip at the end. Chances are it's a different housekeeper each day. I can't tell you how many times I did extra work for destroyed rooms only to have the housekeeper at the end of the trip to get my well-deserved tip!

I still, to this day, have this habit of collecting all the plates/cutlery off the table and stacking it, ready for the waiter to grab it. My mom always gave me the mom look and would go, "what are you doing?" and I was always a little offended at that because wasn't it her who taught us to clear the table? haha I'm sure I'm making it more difficult for the waiters/waitresses but no one's ever complained, so... *shrugs*

also, I noticed during the new episode that Spurgey's room looked a mess, too. So weird. Also, I felt kind of bad for Jana in this last episode (granted, she agreed to being filmed in the first placed and she knew these questions would happen but still.) 

• Criscat locked this topic

Archived