IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard Part 10: Taking Photos of Screaming Izzie

Coconut Flan

Why is that big ass Stoney Brook House not being marketed as a home/office combo?  Especially since the door on the lower level at left really looks like a nice separate entrance.  Live on the upper level, have your PT/massage therapy/accupuncture office below.

How about a brothel?

Does it come with feral cats?  Or did Derick take care of those?

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

@nst,  Bosch is real high on my list of dishwashers.  I like how they are so quiet that they need a light shining on the floor to indicate that they are on.

mine has that :D

and the stony brook house - maybe would make more money commercially 

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@nst,  Bosch is real high on my list of dishwashers.  I like how they are so quiet that they need a light shining on the floor to indicate that they are on.

I have a Bosch - came with the new house.  Shhhh but I love it more than my husband.  You honestly csnt hear it.  And it has a sensor to know how dirty the dishes are and automatically adjusts the wash time.  Loves.

There are a lot of business here in Southern California whose place of business was formerly a home. For some reason most tend to be dental offices or law firm. A lot of them are beautiful craftsman homes that are on busy streets in very nice areas.

I am just wondering why anyone would pay $5,500 in Arkansas in monthly rent for a house. It seems overpriced for the area.

I'm just guessing, but the Duggars seem to prefer commercial real estate to residential. I would imagine they are trying to avoid some of the hazards involved as well as wanting to maxamize profits.

19 minutes ago, socalrules said:

There are a lot of business here in Southern California whose place of business was formerly a home. For some reason most tend to be dental offices or law firm. A lot of them are beautiful craftsman homes that are on busy streets in very nice areas.

I am just wondering why anyone would pay $5,500 in Arkansas in monthly rent for a house. It seems overpriced for the area.

There are a lot of similar businesses in former homes in Arkansas also.  I think $5500 a month for that house in that area is outrageous.  Jim Bob should know better unless for some reason he wants it sitting empty.

I'm a tad confused.  Could someone assist me in understanding who the owner is of the Stoney Brook house?  Back in October @JenniferJuniper stated:

If I have the correct address, according to realtor.com the W. Stoney Brook Road house owned by Jim Bob and Michelle sold for 485k a little over a week ago.

They paid 92k for it in 2012.

Do the Duggars still own the house?  

Oh maybe they don't own it any more.  My memory for all things Duggar is a bit hazy for the last few months.

Well, I am totally confused!  When I enlarge the photos, #11 has pictures on the wall that I am guessing is of one of the Duggar families and then there is the Bible verse on the wall as well, in the same photo.  

Totally unrelated to the Duggars....but.....cheap way to clean your dishwasher. Pour in one dry packet of Kool Aid Lemonade into your soap dispenser and run your dishwasher thru a cycle. Leaves it bright and shiny and smells clean. Bonus, the packets are less than a quarter. I bought 12 of them and run one thru on the first of every month.

Posting out of pure life coincidence.  My 78 year old mother has been without a dishwasher for the last 2 years.  She lives alone and has been washing dishes by hand.
I just got the money saved to get her a new washer, A BOSCH, and ordered it yesterday!  It'll be a complete surprise, and I'm so excited.  :happy-smileyflower:  

I could not handle being without a dishwasher. It's one of my weird idiosyncrasies, I think it's tied to my strong gag reflex over smells and visuals. Same goes for garbage disposals. I look back sometimes and wonder how I got through college with the combo of no dishwasher, 2 lazy and messy roommates, and one who was an organization freak who assigned everyone jobs every week, including dish washing and general kitchen clean up. I got to the point where I would cook something and then hide my cookware because I would gag seeing that one of the lazy messy ones used my pots and then left it sitting for 2 days. I would rather scrub toilets any day than do dishes.

3 hours ago, socalrules said:

Yeah. Someone on Pickles suggested that they are renting it as office space because no one would rent a house for $5,000+ in NWA. If people had that kind of cash to spend in that area, they'd just buy a house. Sounds reasonable to me. Not sure how great the layout is for commercial use though.

3 hours ago, Flyinthesoup said:

I'm a tad confused.  Could someone assist me in understanding who the owner is of the Stoney Brook house?  Back in October @JenniferJuniper stated:

It's too late at night for me to try and make sense of this: 

http://www.arcountydata.com/parcel_sponsor.asp?item=128EB0&Page=1&countycode=BENTAX

http://www.sos.arkansas.gov/corps/search_corps.php?DETAIL=444363&corp_type_id=&corp_name=roe&agent_search=&agent_city=&agent_state=&filing_number=&cmd=

If I have the correct address, according to realtor.com the W. Stoney Brook Road house owned by Jim Bob and Michelle sold for 485k a little over a week ago.

They paid 92k for it in 2012.

Ah! I forgot about that. D'oh!

Didn't have a dishwasher most of my adult life and when we eventually did get one I was absolutely giddy about it. 

It made me remember when I was a kid watching The Price Is Right game show and seeing the contestants react when they’d win prizes. It made sense to me when someone got really excited about a new car or pair of jet skis, but I would be completely perplexed when Bob Barker would yell "You've won...A BRAND NEW DISHWASHER!!!!" The contestant would scream, jump up and down, and maybe even cry tears of joy. My 10-year-old brain was like "wha??? seriously?!? grown-ups are weird.”  It seemed like getting socks for Christmas instead of the latest fad toy. Couldn't make any sense of it. 

Now I get it.

11 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Interesting that they're pimping it as commercial and not as a house.  I wonder whats up with that.

Bigger market?

there is something about having a dishwasher that makes you feel very grown up.  i have had one since 2003.  except for that brief time :D 

as for a washer and dryer in my apartment.. NOT SO far... and that is when I will be a  FULL GROWN up if I get it in my own apartment. - I await that day !!! 

:D

11 hours ago, socalrules said:

that is a typical rent for a house like that - here - actually for a house that big it could go to $7000 

When we moved about 20 years ago and looking for houses we asked our kids what we should look for. Their answer was a house close to a creek and a dishwasher!! The three oldest were old enough that they helped do dishes and were tired of it. 

We currently don't have a dishwasher. When we renovated our current house (different house than above) we didn't put one in (though we plumbed and wired for one). We have a smaller kitchen and the majority of the homes in our neighborhood don't have one. It is just the 2 of us, and I find washing dishes relaxing so we didn't see the need.

I can NOT believe that the Duggars did the repairs on that house. I'd have torn it apart with a home inspector before I'd have purchased or rented that house.

13 minutes ago, KSmom said:

When we moved about 20 years ago and looking for houses we asked our kids what we should look for. Their answer was a house close to a creek and a dishwasher!! The three oldest were old enough that they helped do dishes and were tired of it. 

We currently don't have a dishwasher. When we renovated our current house (different house than above) we didn't put one in (though we plumbed and wired for one). We have a smaller kitchen and the majority of the homes in our neighborhood don't have one. It is just the 2 of us, and I find washing dishes relaxing so we didn't see the need.

If it was just me I wouldn't need one - I don't mind doing dishes and when I'm home on the weekend I'll typically handwash because it's faster and done right away.  We need a dishwasher though because I'm the only one in my family who doesn't mind doing dishes and while it's nbd for me to do them after meal cleanup I'm sure as heck not doing everyone's accumulated dishes by hand every night.  

10 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

Totally unrelated to the Duggars....but.....cheap way to clean your dishwasher. Pour in one dry packet of Kool Aid Lemonade into your soap dispenser and run your dishwasher thru a cycle. Leaves it bright and shiny and smells clean. Bonus, the packets are less than a quarter. I bought 12 of them and run one thru on the first of every month.

Really??  That's awesome - what's the science behind it?  Because just last night I was thinking we needed to pick up some dishwasher cleaner.

44 minutes ago, nst said:

that is a typical rent for a house like that - here - actually for a house that big it could go to $7000 

When you say "here," do you mean NW Arkansas?  The  median household income for Benton County, where the Stony Brook house is located, is $50,000 according to the Census. Although that is much higher that Arkansas's statewide average of $41,000, I am still shocked that there are that many people in Rogers, AK that can spend $5,000 per month--much more than the annual media household income-- on rent.

And I am just as shocked that there are than many businesses that can afford that much rent--and wouldn't rather be in a commercial area with more visibility, parking, etc.

7 hours ago, halcionne said:

The first link requires more information from me, so I am unable to make use of that.  The second one is interesting and I was able to get a few little nuggets from it.  Renfroe Properties, LLC applied for a re-zoning of the Stoney Brook property, from A-1 (Agricultural) to R-O (Residential Office) Link to full notice.

Notice is hereby given that a public hearing will be held before the Rogers Planning Commission in the Rogers City Hall at 301 West Chestnut on October 20, 2015 at 4:30 p.m. on the application by Renfroe Properties, LLC to Rezone 1.04 acres at 5723 W. Stoney Brook Road from A-1 (Agriculture) to R-O (Residential Office). 

The re-zoning was granted on Oct. 20, 2015.  I want to know who "Renfroe Properties, LLC"  is.  I would like to know if Jim Bob is in anyway connected to that or if that's a private company/person who has purchased the property.  Here's the information that was on the report: 

Scott Lar, representing the Renfroe Properties, stated the intended use is to lease professional office space.

Could someone please take a look at the photo, #11 and tell me if the photos hanging on the left hand side wall, if those are of the Duggar family?  I don't know all the Duggar family members, sorry.  I think it would be odd to have those photos hanging on the wall, in the professional photos of the property, unless Duggar is somehow connected to Renfroe Properties, LLC.  Scott Lar, who represented Renfroe Properties, LLC before council, is a lawyer who deals in: business, tax, estate, non profit and charitable planning along with Federal and State Tax controversies. This makes me think Renfroe Properties, LLC is connected to Duggars.  The timing on the selling of the property and the AM scandal seem more than coincidental, to me.

• Boogalou locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived