IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard Part 10: Taking Photos of Screaming Izzie

Coconut Flan

17 minutes ago, bingbangboom said:

This! In the south, the pastor is just as important as the president, and sometimes more important!

Nice meal, sweet tea, good plates and crystal and coffee cake!

The Duggars have no hospitality skills dispite growing a gaggle of young ladies who publicly declair their aspirations to be the keepers of their homes.

Plus, they have a restaurant sized dishwasher. Why was that even bought as it is certainly is never used. I have never seen anything but paper and plastic being used in that household. That entire second kitchen was a complete waste of money. I can not imagine going to anyone's house and being fed tator tot casserole.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/10/2016 at 9:17 AM, bashfulpixie said:

They think they're being clever with those shirts.  They don't seem to realize it just makes them look stupid.

That's because they're literally incapable of realizing they look stupid at a near constant rate.

4 minutes ago, Valerie3kids said:

Plus, they have a restaurant sized dishwasher. Why was that even bought as it is certainly is never used. I have never seen anything but paper and plastic being used in that household. That entire second kitchen was a complete waste of money. I can not imagine going to anyone's house and being fed tator tot casserole.

I have always wondered that, too! Why build that kitchen if you don't cook? You don't need a commercial washer if all you do is open a few cans and toss them all together in one pan to then be turned into mush.

On the tater tot casserole note, you may want to avoid visiting homes in Utah if you don't want that experience. :P

14 minutes ago, missegeno said:

I have always wondered that, too! Why build that kitchen if you don't cook? You don't need a commercial washer if all you do is open a few cans and toss them all together in one pan to then be turned into mush.

On the tater tot casserole note, you may want to avoid visiting homes in Utah if you don't want that experience. :P

Thanks for the warning about Utah. I would never say anything. I would sit and eat as if it were the bestest thing I had ever been served as that is the way I was taught. I would not be like the Duggars and hold my nose or do any of the other rude things we have seen them do around "unknown" foods. I just remember my mother cooking for guests and she went "all out" so to speak. The good china was brought out, the nice tablecloth and it was not a casserole dinner. It took us forever to talk her into using Chinet during the holidays to save herself some stress and a lot of dishes!

My friend Evan is a flight attendant has been all over the world. He makes a point of going to McDonald's when he stops in different countries (and he also goes to local places btw). I always see pictures of different international McDonald's menu options on his Facebook. It's really kind of interesting. He flies to Hawaii a lot, and always makes a point of getting SPAM there. I hate to eat fast food, but I'm going to Waikiki in June for my honeymoon and I just might have to go to McDonald's (and other places, don't worry lol)

I always at least pop into McD's when I travel. I don't usually buy anything, but I love to see the regional items and alterations. And I had to try McD's fries in England, where they are rumored to contain 1/3 (or something like that, I am recalling somewhat shoddy sources from memory here) of the chemicals used in the US fries. They taste exactly the same (come on, US McDs, get rid of that shit!).

42 minutes ago, missegeno said:

I've posted this several times, but those appliances might not be usable to the Tinker Toy House unless there were a fair amount of modification during construction.  I know Boob bought a restaurant range for cheap, but those aren't for home use unless you modify your structure (firewalls, electrical and such) to bring it up to code.  Usually you don't end up saving money by buying a used industrial range and your insurance will be cancelled if you are caught not making the needed mods.  I would imagine that the industrial dishwasher is  also a problem as it would maybe need more powerful electric connections than are typical in homes.

12 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I've posted this several times, but those appliances might not be usable to the Tinker Toy House unless there were a fair amount of modification during construction.  I know Boob bought a restaurant range for cheap, but those aren't for home use unless you modify your structure (firewalls, electrical and such) to bring it up to code.  Usually you don't end up saving money by buying a used industrial range and your insurance will be cancelled if you are caught not making the needed mods.  I would imagine that the industrial dishwasher is  also a problem as it would maybe need more powerful electric connections than are typical in homes.

Thank you  I did not realize this. They were probably for show and have never been hooked up. Not sure I can see JB spending more money to have them correctly installed. That certainly makes more sense.

Possibly unpopular opinion: I hate taking out the trash way more than I hate doing the dishes. I'd rather wash dishes all day everyday than repeatedly take out the trash because it's constantly overflowing with disposable plates.

9 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

We've seen them using some of the appliances, though -- the industrial ovens, for example. I don't doubt their ability to be illogical, but I'm pretty sure those appliances are operational.

1 hour ago, missegeno said:

Because fundie women are supposed to/purposed to cook for their husbands and families. Gotta keep up appearances... (until Josh made that house of cards come crashing down)

I thought I'd seen them use the dishwasher for pans. I could be mistaken. Even if the dishwashers don't work, they could get Corelle, which is hard to break, and have the kids do dishes by hand. They are all old enough to take a turn.

They got the appliances because they were free, TLC paid for them.  By getting them "used and saving the difference" it became a plot point.  I seriously doubt that boob would have sprung for industrial size stuff if he had to pay for it.  They have regular household washer/dryers... 

13 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I thought I'd seen them use the dishwasher for pans. I could be mistaken. Even if the dishwashers don't work, they could get Corelle, which is hard to break, and have the kids do dishes by hand. They are all old enough to take a turn.

I honesty only know about ranges/cookers/stoves and not about other restaurant appliances, but I would imagine that a restaurant dishwasher would need to be on its own dedicated circuit much like a fridge already is supposed to be.  Maybe ovens as well.  The problem with restaurant ranges are that they get so damn hot and often use an open flame.  You must have the appropriate ventilation (not too little not too much) and the appropriate firewalls and electricals.  Restaurant-style ranges became a thing once people saw Julia Child and other chefs cook on Garlands and other actual pro ranges.  Julia, of course, had taken the right steps to have such a range in her home.  Other people may not which is why Vikings, et al, were made for the home. I was at the local restaurant supply place a few years ago and they had two used 4-burner Wolf ranges for $800 each.  They were the actual restaurant Wolfs* and not the Wolf-SubZero ones. Man, they were beautiful!

As for me, I'll probably go with a Blue Star when I re-do my kitchen.  They're made by the same people that make Garland, IIRC, but made for the home.  It's my indulgence in the kitchen re-do.

The Duggars do have a regular dishwasher or two in their everyday kitchen.  They just apparently never use it for plates.

*Wolves?*

They do have industrial appliances, but I had assumed they just built the circuits into the megahouse since TLC was funding it and wanted to make a show of the whole "they have so many kids they have a restaurant kitchen" thing.

Did I miss something? Did the industrial appliances come after the house?

Just now, missegeno said:

They do have industrial appliances, but I had assumed they just built the circuits into the megahouse since TLC was funding it and wanted to make a show of the whole "they have so many kids they have a restaurant kitchen" thing.

Did I miss something? Did the industrial appliances come after the house?

No, during the construction. It's not so much the appliances were not installed, but maybe not installed in a way that some of them could be used, e.g., that range.

If I remember correctly, the Duggars acted as if the pastor should be honored to be invited to dine with them vs them being honored to have him over.  I've always sensed that they feel "above" pastors.

15 minutes ago, MatthewDuggar said:

If I remember correctly, the Duggars acted as if the pastor should be honored to be invited to dine with them vs them being honored to have him over.  I've always sensed that they feel "above" pastors.

Does anyone else feel the Duggars might benefit from reviewing that OT verse "Pride goeth before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall?"

Of course, because being "independent" means you are protected from the ungodly possibility of ever hearing a different interpretation of the bible. It's not that the bible is ambiguous, it's just that being exposed to even slight variations in perspective means you left a door open for Satan's sermons and idolatry. I can't see JB handling it well if he brought his family to a service and they heard an interpretation that was even slightly different (yet still fully within their religious category) from the version he would share at family bible time. Plus, somebody might come to admire the pastor more than JB. And he's too narcissistic to allow that.

They have been showing using those appliances, so I imagine they are installed properly. As for the industrial dishwasher, I would think that would wreak havoc on a septic system.  I would imagine the Duggar home has as a septic system since they are outside of town limits.    I have several friends who have them and they are very conservative with how much water waste they have in order to protect it

I'm definitely the type of person who would hit up Pizza Hut in a foreign country, haha. In fact, I have - Pizza Hut in Edinburgh, Starbucks and Burger King in London... no shame. It's not that I'm averse to trying local cuisine, it's just not really a priority for me. I'm into other cultural things, but the food aspect is pretty low on my list. And honestly, sometimes you're just really freaking hungry and you go for the first thing that sounds familiar.

The industrial dishwashers I've seen don't use a lot of water, and clean the dishes much faster than a regular one.

Interesting, Calimojo. Having to worry about their septic tank makes a lot of sense.  Not just their dishwasher, though.  Can you imagine the number of tanks they must need for all those people showering and flushing?  I wonder how often they have to get them pumped out? 

I agree that they probably don't use china when people visit because they think that just being in the Duggar household and eating Duggar food is blessing enough.  After all Michelle is MOTY and the whole family are TV Stars!  Personally I can't stand paper plates because I refuse to eat with plastic forks and metal forks don't work well with paper plates.  But then I am also a fabric napkin person as well.  The downside of not using paper plates is I can't write messages on them with a freaking magic marker all over the bottom of the plate.

3 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'm definitely the type of person who would hit up Pizza Hut in a foreign country, haha. In fact, I have - Pizza Hut in Edinburgh, Starbucks and Burger King in London... no shame. It's not that I'm averse to trying local cuisine, it's just not really a priority for me. I'm into other cultural things, but the food aspect is pretty low on my list. And honestly, sometimes you're just really freaking hungry and you go for the first thing that sounds familiar.

There have been times while traveling where I just wanted something familiar usually things like cheese and crackers. I am sometimes weird about meat especially while traveling,  I wasn't crazy about goat curry in Grenada in particular, all the bones and grease. I have also had amoeba poisoning in Mexico, and have seen people filling those large plastic water jugs with hose water. I am not a terribly picky eater but know people who are and they hate being picky. 

5 minutes ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

Interesting, Calimojo. Having to worry about their septic tank makes a lot of sense.  Not just their dishwasher, though.  Can you imagine the number of tanks they must need for all those people showering and flushing?  I wonder how often they have to get them pumped out? 

I agree that they probably don't use china when people visit because they think that just being in the Duggar household and eating Duggar food is blessing enough.  After all Michelle is MOTY and the whole family are TV Stars!  Personally I can't stand paper plates because I refuse to eat with plastic forks and metal forks don't work well with paper plates.  But then I am also a fabric napkin person as well.  The downside of not using paper plates is I can't write messages on them with a freaking magic marker all over the bottom of the plate.

I recently made up an earthquake kit - one for the bedroom, one for the car and i put actual forks and knives not plastic. 

Who is with me :D

• Boogalou locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived