IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard Part 10: Taking Photos of Screaming Izzie

Coconut Flan

If/when Jill is pregnant, the Zika virus is a scary thing. Wonder if she will take it into consideration or just rely on Jeebus. 

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, calimojo said:

With the Zika virus now spreading into Central America,  If Jill were pregnant, I think that it would be perfectly reasonable to abandon the mission field to come home during the pregnancy.  The problem is of course is that because of their idiocy,  there is probably never going to be a time when she might not be pregnant, except when she is actually pregnant!

4 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

I watched that on the NBC Nightly News tonight. The pictures of the babies with deformed heads was shocking. I'm not pregnant, but that alone would have convinced me to stay far, far away from the infected areas.

I hadn't heard of this virus. Yikes! And unfortunately, it sounds like it may be showing up in warmer places in the U.S., like Texas and Florida.

They are worried about travelers spreading it to mosquitoes and then those mosquitoes spreading it back to humans.

I don't think it's likely that they're adopting any time in the near future. They've been in Antigua, and adoption from Guatemala by Americans is not allowed. They wouldn't meet the requirements for El Salvador due to lacking a stable income, and additionally that country has a very long adoption timetable, routinely taking 2-3 years.

I also don't think that under the circumstances, the fact that they're currently in-country will make any difference. If they were planning to be there long-term it absolutely would, but a few months in Guatemala and less than a year expected in El Salvador would not be enough time to establish residency for adoption purposes.

The fact that Jerrik hinted at Jessa (and potentially themselves) adopting all the little kids at the shelter (picking and choosing even!) reassures me that they haven't actually looked into it beyond prayer and publicity statements (or they have but with no intention for it to go beyond a publicity stunt).

They don't whine about how unfair it is for Guatemala and El Salvador to keep those needy kids from being placed in godly white savior homes (can you imagine the blog post begging for fans to protest the schengen laws so they can save brown babeees?). There is no acknowledgment of "Jessa could adopt from a similar place in x, y, or z country." Instead its "that one, and that one..." They act as if they could shop for kids like they shop for shoes (which both of Jill's headships also suck at). They are either completely insincere (and thus no reason to gather info, just make the hints TLC wants to hear) or completely unaware that adoption is a process that requires more than prayer.

1 hour ago, missegeno said:

The fact that Jerrik hinted at Jessa (and potentially themselves) adopting all the little kids at the shelter (picking and choosing even!) reassures me that they haven't actually looked into it beyond prayer and publicity statements (or they have but with no intention for it to go beyond a publicity stunt).

They don't whine about how unfair it is for Guatemala and El Salvador to keep those needy kids from being placed in godly white savior homes (can you imagine the blog post begging for fans to protest the schengen laws so they can save brown babeees?). There is no acknowledgment of "Jessa could adopt from a similar place in x, y, or z country." Instead its "that one, and that one..." They act as if they could shop for kids like they shop for shoes (which both of Jill's headships also suck at). They are either completely insincere (and thus no reason to gather info, just make the hints TLC wants to hear) or completely unaware that adoption is a process that requires more than prayer.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree -- they were raised in a family and a religious system that sees children as trophies, sources of income, pets, and workers, not as individual human beings. No wonder they'd see orphans as commodities they can pick over like a clearance sale at Marshalls.

I've come to think that Michelle and JB are savvy enough not to adopt through shady means (they have enough skeletons in the closet to lock down, after all), but I wouldn't put it past Jill and Derick to try to bypass strict adoption laws to get a pet baby. Perhaps a wayward girl Jill "helps" as a "midwife" will need her out-of-wedlock child taken off her hands -- and who better to give it to than that nice white lady who keeps saying "Jay-soos amar tu" and her possibly-undead husband?

Jill probably won't even hear about the Zika virus. (And from reading, it still seems like a really small chance of it effecting your baby. Seems you're more likely to get a rash.)

13 hours ago, calimojo said:

With the Zika virus now spreading into Central America,  If Jill were pregnant, I think that it would be perfectly reasonable to abandon the mission field to come home during the pregnancy.  The problem is of course is that because of their idiocy,  there is probably never going to be a time when she might not be pregnant, except when she is actually pregnant!

I just started a thread on this.  I did not see your post.  MODS....Please merge.

11 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

If/when Jill is pregnant, the Zika virus is a scary thing. Wonder if she will take it into consideration or just rely on Jeebus. 

Was that a serious question? Jill think about consequences? Nah, Jebus will make it all perfect. 

57 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Was that a serious question? Jill think about consequences? Nah, Jebus will make it all perfect. 

You are right! What was I thinking......

On 1/14/2016 at 11:23 AM, VelociRapture said:

We have a dishwasher we don't use. The previous (original) owner lived here about ten years and never used it because it was just him. . . so we have no way of knowing if it actually works properly or not. Not a big deal right now because it's just the two of us, but we're hoping to have a baby in the next year and it would be nice to have a working one by the time they're born. 

I'll say having a dishwasher was so, so helpful when our twins were infants. We bottle fed and used Doctor Browns bottles (which have a bottle, nipple, ring, straw and vent per bottle). 8 bottles per kid per day was way, way too much to do by hand!!

I had a v-bac after two sections 28 years ago. I remember being monitored pretty tightly (I do believe some of this has changed ) and I personally was a nervous wreck just "waiting" for something to go amiss, It did not. All worked out just fine. I just am terribly afraid that Jill is so dimwitted and Derrick, also plus with children being more trophies that actual beings that they will not choose a safe route to go. Plus, I feel as closed off as they seem to allow themselves to be I don't think either one of them would be aware of any illnesses they should not be around. They are missionaries. Doesn't that make them exempt from anything bad happening? They are working for Jebus. No, it does not as that is how my grandmother contracted polio.

On 1/11/2016 at 9:15 PM, sophie10130 said:

Can't get this quote part to go away so ignore this part

There is a picture of Izzy with one of the boys on the Official page from 10 hours ago - so are the Dullards back from vacation again? 

8 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

There is a picture of Izzy with one of the boys on the Official page from 10 hours ago - so are the Dullards back from vacation again? 

Are you talking about the one with Justin? That's an old one.

I saw a news item yesterday where a pregnant woman cancelled the family's trip to Puerto Rico because of the Zika. She said it wasn't worth it. I'd have to agree. 

10 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I saw a news item yesterday where a pregnant woman cancelled the family's trip to Puerto Rico because of the Zika. She said it wasn't worth it. I'd have to agree. 

Me too.  Chances are good nothing will happen but why risk your child? (Jill!  I'm talking to you)

The Duggars have put up a plea for only $500 more to help Jill's Spanish teacher's sons attend English classes. They have been asked several times "why" they have not given the $500 since they have are filming again. They have also been asked why they didn't contribute the money instead of purchasing lumber for a treehouse. I believe another poster stated that since it was so close to their hearts and their ministry that maybe they needed to give some cash. Oh, how it sucks when your house of cards called grifting comes a tumbling down.

I also did not realize this little tidbit that if you do not mention in the comments section of the Dullards donation page that the funds are for the boys Spanish lessons that the funds automatically will go to the Dullards.

It just chaps my hide this family is obviously filming so the cash flow is there and they are still begging for funds. Do they ever stop and think about how they look? Do they ever actually help others or just urge others to give their hard earned money while they fly about in their private planes?

Sorry if this is old news but the CMAs are being shown right now in the UK and it appears Derrick was at the CMAs kicking it with Brad Paisley :my_biggrin:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Valerie3kids said:

The Duggars have put up a plea for only $500 more to help Jill's Spanish teacher's sons attend English classes. They have been asked several times "why" they have not given the $500 since they have are filming again. They have also been asked why they didn't contribute the money instead of purchasing lumber for a treehouse. I believe another poster stated that since it was so close to their hearts and their ministry that maybe they needed to give some cash. Oh, how it sucks when your house of cards called grifting comes a tumbling down.

I also did not realize this little tidbit that if you do not mention in the comments section of the Dullards donation page that the funds are for the boys Spanish lessons that the funds automatically will go to the Dullards.

It just chaps my hide this family is obviously filming so the cash flow is there and they are still begging for funds. Do they ever stop and think about how they look? Do they ever actually help others or just urge others to give their hard earned money while they fly about in their private planes?

The Duggars do not think, that is not a tenet of JB's cult.

They can't give their own money because "God didn't lay it on their hearts" and they weren't "purposes to." Also, other people would miss out on being blessed by giving their own hard earned money.

On 1/12/2016 at 4:05 PM, Coconut Flan said:

Absolutely.  There is no basis in the no property tax story.  It's a relentless internet rumor that we keep trying to kill. 

I would SWEAR in the first special, or one of the first, Joshley bragged about having church in their house (and taking internet prayer requests etc.) and either he or DimBob said it was to have it be a tax deduction.  Did I imagine this?  I know they have edited and re-edited the shows over the years so it may have been scrubbed.

1 hour ago, Valerie3kids said:

I am still confused as to why these kids need money for English language classes.  I would assume that Jill's Spanish teacher must be fairly fluent in English, if she earns a living teaching Spanish to people who speak English.  This doesn't make any sense at all.  I would assume their own mother could teach them conversational  English

1 minute ago, calimojo said:

I am still confused as to why these kids need money for English language classes.  I would assume that Jill's Spanish teacher must be fairly fluent in English, if she earns a living Spanish to people who speak English.  This doesn't make any sense at all.  I would assume their own mother could teach them conversational  English

Don't hurt yourself trying to apply real world logic to their grifting.  

I know next to nothing about missionarying for a living, but I know something about money.  And it costs quite a bit to support even a small family like theirs, especially away from home with all the extra expenses that entails.  So for it to make fiscal sense that their living expenses to be paid by others there would need to be a return on investment greater than that cost.

and I understand that return on investment for them could be souls won or Catholics pretending to convert, whatever, not necessarily money.  But that they benefit the mission in some way by being there that they could not by supporting same mission from Akansas.

Raising a small amount of cash for two specific individuals to attend classes seems like something one could fund raise for long distance simply by raising awareness.  Save the travel and living expenses and donate the difference.

i was under the impression missionaries took on bigger projects to help the areas they travel to get long term improvements.  Building schools, hospitals, digging wells...whatever.  if it's just to assist individuals fund raise for things they need, wouldn't they be able to do that more effectively from home?  No one in AR, or the US for that matter, in need of educational opportunities they can't afford?  

Not to mention the irony of a Duggar grifting for money for educational purposes.  SOTDRT good enough for them but others deserve better?  I'll agree with that.

At least they are trying to make it look like they are doing something beneficial for someone.

The fact that they are supposedly trying to raise this money for their English teacher's kids shows how truly isolated and insular their lives are in CA.  

If I had no job and my main focus was to help those less fortunate, I'd be able to find dozens of ways to do that each day.  Granted, I don't have a baby, so Jill gets a pass there, but Derrick seems pretty outgoing, why isn't he out and about meeting people and helping out in any other ways?

• Boogalou locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived