IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard Part 10: Taking Photos of Screaming Izzie

Coconut Flan

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the closed thread, people were wondering why Jill is tucking Izzy's shirt inside the diaper cover.  My take is that the t-shirt over the cover may look sloppy to them.  Also, if it is long enough, the T-shirt may look like a little dress, and that must never be.

As to why they are so clueless in what they do, the Duggar kids were brought up to think that their way is better than anyone else's.  And there are enough humpers out there praising them for just breathing.  So why should they care about critics?

Yes, I almost mentioned the er rather odd photos and was running out of creativity.  I wonder if they will inadvertently celebrate the day before Ash Wednesday without realizing the significance.

I wonder if they are using disposable diapers, and using a diaper cover instead of shorts or pants. Does Jill know how to use and care for cloth diapers? They do take extra care, and there are certain products you can't use on baby's skin or you mess up the absorbency.

Didn't we see Jill and Cathy packing tons of disposable diapers before they left?  I would have thought they would have made a point of "having to do cloth diapers" in Guatemala because life would be so rough for poor Jilly Muffin there.  I suspect @Bad Wolfis right--they're just using a diaper cover as pants.

If they are tucking his shirt into a cloth diaper--it's just going to wick all the pee out of the diaper and up his body.  Poor Izzy with stupid parents

Just double checked the pic.  He's definitely wearing a disposable under the cloth diaper cover.  My daughter uses those diaper covers--if there was a cloth insert, the diaper would be much bulkier

My new pet peeve--kids/toddlers clothing that are cut to presume a much thinner disposable diaper and don't accommodate bulkier cloth diapers.

(Also, I stand corrected from the previous thread--Jill's grammar is correct "Already 9months old"--but she's still an idiot most of the time!)

3 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

In the closed thread, people were wondering why Jill is tucking Izzy's shirt inside the diaper cover.  My take is that the t-shirt over the cover may look sloppy to them.  Also, if it is long enough, the T-shirt may look like a little dress, and that must never be.

As to why they are so clueless in what they do, the Duggar kids were brought up to think that their way is better than anyone else's.  And there are enough humpers out there praising them for just breathing.  So why should they care about critics?

I'm going to guess that the shirt is actually a onesie and it's over a disposable diaper and the diaper cover is over that.  Now, why would you put a diaper cover over a disposable diaper?  Maybe you want people to *think* you are using cloth diapers? ;)  Just a thought.....

On the instagram post, Jill is being complemented for using a Bum Diaper cover.  She definitely wants folks to think she's using cloth.   Didn't even think she knew what a cloth diaper was.  One of the frequent TLC pop up facts (after how many months DQ has been pregnant) was how many disposable diapers this family goes through.

I was on Tumblr today and I noticed that Jill and Derick were on an SOS mission trip with most of Jill's family. It's not like Jill wasn't going to see her family until next summer like she led people to believe. I get on Free Jinger and I see that Jill and Derick are now part of SOS so it all makes sense. Derick is now even wearing sandals; at least he is wearing shorts. Of course the Duggars go to Pizza Hut; so American. SOS has an armed guard. Interesting. 

12507102_847131228719021_173653037598191

12439009_847130988719045_421234528852397

12507294_847130948719049_642552267159304

12507498_847131332052344_508774353139338

Source: Duggar family news life is not all pickles and hairspray fb

I decided to check out SOS website and that website needs some updating. It appears that they Duggars always go on this mission trip.

Christmas in Central America:

Every December, we bring down thousands of Christmas gifts to minister to families of children in El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras who are unable to afford any Christmas gifts. Not only is this an excellent opportunity to show love to the communities we serve in, it is also a powerful opportunity to share the Christmas story and share the gospel.

I wonder if Jim Bob actually pays the stated cost. It was Hannie's first mission trip. 

• How much does a trip cost?
    In addition to airfare, in country expenses (food, housing, transportation) are $650 for the first week and $300 for each additional week (Central America only).
  • Can I go on any trip?
    Your first trip with S.O.S. will be to our Central American mission, as it provides an excellent entry point and introduction to our philosophy of church planting in an established mission.
  • What is the minimum age to serve with S.O.S.?
    Minimum 10 years old (10-14 years old must be accompanied by one or both parents)

Here's a list of the upcoming Central America trips:

Central America Missions Trip
March 11, 2016 - March 20, 2016
Application deadline: January 15, 2016

Central America Summer Trips
July 6, 2016 - August 3, 2016
Application deadline: May 11, 2016

El Salvador and Honduras Trip
July 8, 2016 - July 18, 2016
Application deadline: May 13, 2016

El Salvador Trip
July 20, 2016 - July 27, 2016
Application deadline: May 25, 2016

Honduras Trip
July 27, 2016 - August 3, 2016
Application deadline: June 1, 2016

It appears that Jill and Derick will have some time off before the next mission trip arrives. I hope they improve their Spanish.

16 minutes ago, accountingstar said:

I was on Tumblr today and I noticed that Jill and Derick were on an SOS mission trip with most of Jill's family. It's not like Jill wasn't going to see her family until next summer like she led people to believe. I get on Free Jinger and I see that Jill and Derick are now part of SOS so it all makes sense. Derick is now even wearing sandals; at least he is wearing shorts. Of course the Duggars go to Pizza Hut; so American. SOS has an armed guard. Interesting. 

12507102_847131228719021_173653037598191

12439009_847130988719045_421234528852397

12507294_847130948719049_642552267159304

12507498_847131332052344_508774353139338

Source: Duggar family news life is not all pickles and hairspray fb

I decided to check out SOS website and that website needs some updating. It appears that they Duggars always go on this mission trip.

I wonder if Jim Bob actually pays the stated cost. It was Hannie's first mission trip. 

Here's a list of the upcoming Central America trips:

It appears that Jill and Derick will have some time off before the next mission trip arrives. I hope they improve their Spanish.

When don't they have time off?

Those "I Survived Roe vs. Wade.  Roe vs. Wade Won't Survive Me" make stabby.  I like to imagine those t shirts being by Frankie Boyle, just to screw with these forced birth morons.

So I looked up SOS missions...it is as I thought - independent/fundamental baptist centered ...AND THIS IS THE PROOF THAT DERRICK IS 100% IS IN GOTHARD CULT....and probably was immersed fully after becoming engaged to Jill.  Fundies have strict dress codes (especially for women).  Fundies eschew Christian Rock (and all music with a repetitive beat.  Fundies have very, very black and white thinking.  Gothardites don't like working in large companies or in professional capacities.  

Derrick was raised in southern baptist church.  He had, at one time, a normal life.  He was, at one time, doing mission work with the SBC in Nepal.  He had, at one time, been enrolled in the Southern Baptist Seminary in Texas...but left.  Independent Fundie Gothard doesn't like the SBC very much...and neither do the Duggars, although they like to "pop in for a visit" to them for tv appearances.  

I know for people who are not familiar with the extreme differences of Southern Baptists and Independent Fundamental Baptists, it is easy to just lump them all under "evangelicals."  And Gothard hopes you don't see the difference. He WANTS his parachurch to be seen as mainstream.  Look at those pictures of SOS above that were posted...I see no girls in anything but skirts and dresses.  

Is Derick readjusting his package (while pulling off 2016's hottest homeschool fashion, the "I Survived Roe VS Wade" t shirt and cargo pants)??

Continuing research on SOS Ministries. I was able to locate them under the IRS Charity Search. I went onto the State of Florida's website and guess what I cannot find them registered. I searched under SOS, Ministries, and Ministries Inc and was unable to locate anything. I am assuming them are exempt due to being religious, but other ministries registered with the State.

All charities soliciting within the state of Florida, excluding religious, educational and governmental entities, are required to register and file financial information with the department.

Here the link to search registered charities in Florida: https://csapp.800helpfla.com/cspublicapp/giftgiversquery/giftgiversquery.aspx

It is hard to find financial information on this organization. I am looking for a copy of their 990 return that they filed with the IRS.

$410,214

I located a copy of their 2010 990 and it is a hot mess. They shouldn't be using that accountant. First that account failed to include all of the board members (Trustees or Board of Directors) under Section A. The directions state to list all of the organization’s current officers, directors, trustees (whether individuals or organizations), regardless of amount of compensation. Enter -0- in columns (D), (E), and (F) if no compensation was paid. According to the notes there are 3 board members. Two are missing. They don't list their actually programs either. In section 4, they fail to mention Missionary Tourism as a program. According to the Balance Sheet they have a payable of $14,700 due to Mike Schadt to complete construction in Honduras. Why didn't they pay it off before the end of the year, the organization had the cash? I would have gotten some many review notes from that return. 990 returns take a long time to complete and are complicated. They should go with a larger accounting firm. Based on their tax return, I am sure that their accounting is a mess. I would not donate especially after seeing their tax return.

http://990s.foundationcenter.org/990_pdf_archive/593/593644816/593644816_201012_990.pdf

From the IRS website:

EIN Sorted Ascending Legal Name (Doing Business As) Sorted Ascending City Sorted Ascending State Sorted Ascending Country Sorted Ascending Deductibility Status
59-3644816  S O S Ministries Inc. Clearwater FL United States

PC

Continuing research on SOS Ministries. I was able to locate them under the IRS Charity Search. I went onto the State of Florida's website and guess what I cannot find them registered. I searched under SOS, Ministries, and Ministries Inc and was unable to locate anything. I am assuming them are exempt due to being religious, but other ministries registered with the State.

All charities soliciting within the state of Florida, excluding religious, educational and governmental entities, are required to register and file financial information with the department.

Here the link to search registered charities in Florida: https://csapp.800helpfla.com/cspublicapp/giftgiversquery/giftgiversquery.aspx

It is hard to find financial information on this organization. I am looking for a copy of their 990 return that they filed with the IRS.

$410,214

I located a copy of their 2010 990 and it is a hot mess. They shouldn't be using that accountant. First that account failed to include all of the board members (Trustees or Board of Directors) under Section A. The directions state to list all of the organization’s current officers, directors, trustees (whether individuals or organizations), regardless of amount of compensation. Enter -0- in columns (D), (E), and (F) if no compensation was paid. According to the notes there are 3 board members. Two are missing. They don't list their actually programs either. In section 4, they fail to mention Missionary Tourism as a program. According to the Balance Sheet they have a payable of $14,700 due to Mike Schadt to complete construction in Honduras. Why didn't they pay it off before the end of the year, the organization had the cash? I would have gotten some many review notes from that return. 990 returns take a long time to complete and are complicated. They should go with a larger accounting firm. Based on their tax return, I am sure that their accounting is a mess. I would not donate especially after seeing their tax return.

http://990s.foundationcenter.org/990_pdf_archive/593/593644816/593644816_201012_990.pdf

From the IRS website:

EIN Sorted Ascending Legal Name (Doing Business As) Sorted Ascending City Sorted Ascending State Sorted Ascending Country Sorted Ascending Deductibility Status
59-3644816  S O S Ministries Inc. Clearwater FL United States

PC

Wouldn't it be great if someone with an accounting degree who wanted to work for a ministry decided to come on board for SOS and provide them services all while working in a field they are trained for and providing for their family without putting them in danger? I wonder if they know anyone who would be able to do that?

21 minutes ago, artdecades said:

Wouldn't it be great if someone with an accounting degree who wanted to work for a ministry decided to come on board for SOS and provide them services all while working in a field they are trained for and providing for their family without putting them in danger? I wonder if they know anyone who would be able to do that?

No way, that sounds like it would take a lot of work! The Dillards simply do not have time for that sort of thing in their busy busy schedules. ;)

I don't know how to break links or whatever, but a quick google search turned up an article from Christianity today that goes into detail about Derrick and Jill being rejected by the Southern Baptist Convention and their International Mission Board because they did not have proper qualifications or education.  I don't know if anyone has mentioned this article before and it is from October 2015.  

3 hours ago, iknowright said:

So I looked up SOS missions...it is as I thought - independent/fundamental baptist centered ...AND THIS IS THE PROOF THAT DERRICK IS 100% IS IN GOTHARD CULT....and probably was immersed fully after becoming engaged to Jill.  Fundies have strict dress codes (especially for women).  Fundies eschew Christian Rock (and all music with a repetitive beat.  Fundies have very, very black and white thinking.  Gothardites don't like working in large companies or in professional capacities.  

Derrick was raised in southern baptist church.  He had, at one time, a normal life.  He was, at one time, doing mission work with the SBC in Nepal.  He had, at one time, been enrolled in the Southern Baptist Seminary in Texas...but left.  Independent Fundie Gothard doesn't like the SBC very much...and neither do the Duggars, although they like to "pop in for a visit" to them for tv appearances.  

I know for people who are not familiar with the extreme differences of Southern Baptists and Independent Fundamental Baptists, it is easy to just lump them all under "evangelicals."  And Gothard hopes you don't see the difference. He WANTS his parachurch to be seen as mainstream.  Look at those pictures of SOS above that were posted...I see no girls in anything but skirts and dresses.  

Uh, no. I see plenty of girls in pants (and shorts) in the pictures. In the Pizza Hut picture alone, there are two girls standing directly to the left of Jinger, both wearing pants, and a woman is in long shorts to the left of them.

At risk of indirectly defending Jill a second time, there are places in Guatemala (especially rural areas) with different modesty standards than the US. It may be that they were wearing skirts and dresses to try to be respectful of local customs rather than because of their own clothing rules.

I know I have dressed differently when traveling than I would at home, and if you just looked at pictures from my trip you might get a very different impression of my lifestyle than is actually true.

I went on a Catholic mission trip to El Salvador, I really went for the cheap travel opportunity.  A few observations about their trip....The only water that is safe to drink is from the missions,they are usually located up on the sides of a volcano and above all of the raw sewerage, also they can afford to dig really deep wells. We were warned not to drink sodas or ice from places like pizza hut.  Also the fruits and veggies are known to be contaminated.

The other reason that these missions are located on the sides of mountains/volcanoes is that they are much easier to protect, we had a gate and guards armed with machine guns. Armed guards are the norm in stores, even at the shoe store I went to when both of my shoes gave up the ghost. PS on the shoe front my shoes cost maybe $20-30 and fell apart in a few weeks (somewhere I saw Derrick shoe shopping and raving about it)

My food and board was $5.00 per day. We did not do anything really useful, but the nun I went with was locally famous because during the civil war she and other nuns would sleep on peoples porches because the military would not kill dissidents with an American in the house, these nuns did this for years.

• Boogalou locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived