IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard Part 10: Taking Photos of Screaming Izzie

Coconut Flan

Just before our 10th wedding anniversary DH suggested we buy a dishwasher as an anniversary gift to each other - there was an empty spot in our kitchen to place it in.  I was  horrified at the thought of getting something so unromantic to mark the occasion, but I'd wanted a dishwasher for years, so agreed.  Thirteen years later, I can say it was the best anniversary present ever.  I still wash up the drink bottles and my good frypan etc by hand, but I love it.  I don't rinse, unless it's summer and it's not going to be turned until the next day.

My parents never had one.  We four kids washed up and dried up each night by roster.  Last year they downsized to a small unit which already had a dishwasher installed. My mum refused to use it, but I convinced her to try it one time when they had guests, as there's little bench space and the dirty plates etc could be easily hidden in there.  She's converted now, and uses it for dinner parties. Still washes up by hand for just her and dad, but she loves it when they have guests.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

... apple cider vinegar and water combo - works MUCH better than actual cleaning solutions (no build up - shiney floors) and crazy cheap.  Vinegar smell dissipates when dry.

I miss the smell of Murphy's but the trade off is better floors and money saved.

Yes! Diluted vinegar is the absolute BEST! Easy on the environment, not a potential hazard for kids or pets, and it really cleans so well. I use it to clean my windows, floors, doorknobs, countertops, hob, shine my faucets, and just everything. It is also a godsend to toss in with heavily soiled laundry (which was quite essential the year two of my roommates discovered Burning Man).

I make my own everyday cleaning solution with water, a bit of white vinegar and just a drop or two of regular dishwashing liquid.  Works great on counter tops, on glass, on the stove, etc. 

According to the information @halcionne gave in the hidden content, and the link I gave regarding the sale of the house  found here, the delisting/relisting is interesting stuff, but I can't make sense of it.  The monies/value of the property sale kept changing.  Apparently delisting can take place for a variety of reasons, which of course, is all new to me.  The property value of the house the year before the Duggars bought it, was higher.  The year they purchased until 2014, they stayed the same.  However, the estimated property tax value for 2015 is:  $1,664.24 higher.  The numbers do not add up.  Something is fishy, at least to me, I wonder if there is anyone here who can make sense of all this.  

The address for Renfroe Properties LLC, for this property, comes up in a Google search as being owned by David A. Renfroe.  I will see if I can get more information on him.  I am really just interested in knowing if there are underhanded dealings going on, which there may not be.  I still question how the value of the house can be that high, after the Duggar's only purchased it 3 years ago.  Also, it was listed for $1,600,000.00 when listing/delisting.  Maybe they were just 'trying out the market' to see if they could get a buyer, I don't know....it doesn't add up. :P

A nice dishwasher would be a waste for us. DH always washes the dishes with soap and hot water before putting them in the dishwasher. It's so pointless, and I keep telling him that is just added work for him and to rinse them. I try to load and start the dishwasher before he gets to it or he'll pull out what I loaded and wash it. It's a game for us. 

I'm lucky my headship has no problems doing housework, though. 

40 minutes ago, Flyinthesoup said:

I am really just interested in knowing if there are underhanded dealings going on, which there may not be.  

It's the Duggarlings.  Of course, there are underhanded dealings.

28 minutes ago, Imagine20 said:

A nice dishwasher would be a waste for us. DH always washes the dishes with soap and hot water before putting them in the dishwasher. It's so pointless, and I keep telling him that is just added work for him and to rinse them. I try to load and start the dishwasher before he gets to it or he'll pull out what I loaded and wash it. It's a game for us. 

He sounds like my grandma, who insisted on washing dishes with soap and water first, before putting them in the dishwasher. She also insisted on cleaning the sink before doing that, even if she had just cleaned it earlier. She had what I considered OCD when it came to cleanliness, but she didn't go as far as to have plastic covered furniture. Sometime before my grandpa died, the family decided to get paper plates and utensils to make things easier for her, but when we saw her washing those paper plates with soap and water before throwing them in the trash, we decided to make sure the dishes were thrown out without her noticing.

Even then, when she was getting home hospice care, when the family gathered at the house and someone got Mexican carry out, I made sure to fully clean the kitchen table once the food was put away. In the end, she ended up dying in the hospital a few days later.

2 hours ago, Karma said:

Just before our 10th wedding anniversary DH suggested we buy a dishwasher as an anniversary gift to each other - there was an empty spot in our kitchen to place it in.  I was  horrified at the thought of getting something so unromantic to mark the occasion, but I'd wanted a dishwasher for years, so agreed.  Thirteen years later, I can say it was the best anniversary present ever.  I still wash up the drink bottles and my good frypan etc by hand, but I love it.  I don't rinse, unless it's summer and it's not going to be turned until the next day.

My parents never had one.  We four kids washed up and dried up each night by roster.  Last year they downsized to a small unit which already had a dishwasher installed. My mum refused to use it, but I convinced her to try it one time when they had guests, as there's little bench space and the dirty plates etc could be easily hidden in there.  She's converted now, and uses it for dinner parties. Still washes up by hand for just her and dad, but she loves it when they have guests.

I live in a house of three. We have a dishwasher but it only gets used about 1 - 2 times a month (when we have dinners, parties etc.) because we just don't use enough plates to fill it.

However at work our dishwasher just stopped for good (very old - several repairs later) and until we get a new one we're hand washing 40 - 50 mugs, plates and bits of cutlery per day... not cool! 

2 hours ago, Imagine20 said:

My father was the same! He was the one who insisted we needed a dishwasher, but then he continued to hand wash the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. I remain baffled.

1 hour ago, nst said:

when i get my facials - the lady uses apple cider vinegar :D

I mix ACV with calcium bentonite clay for facials. It's great!

I also use diluted acv in place of conditioner (to go with my homemade shampoo). :content:

11 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

I am all about saving money....here is one for used dryer sheets....

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/20-household-uses-for-used-yes-46912

I have used them for years to deter spiders. Every summer I used to get some huge ass spiders that would crawl out from under the fridge, and my washer/dryer area. Once I started stuffing dryer sheets in those spots, no more spiders! I do use them sometimes as dusters for my laptop, pretty handy item.

Pickles is speculating that Jill could be pregnant again because The Duggar Family official facebook page changed their cover photo to one of Jill and their status update starts with "Selah" which is the name Jill and Derick had chosen for a girl.

I'm not sure those two things are enough for me to jump on the speculation bus.

However, I know it's only a matter of time before she is pregnant again. I'm sure she's not waiting the recommended time after a c-section because she's just not that smart.

I was kind of thinking Amy might be the next "Duggar" to be knocked up. But who knows.

5 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Pickles is speculating that Jill could be pregnant again because The Duggar Family official facebook page changed their cover photo to one of Jill and their status update starts with "Selah" which is the name Jill and Derick had chosen for a girl.

I'm not sure those two things are enough for me to jump on the speculation bus.

However, I know it's only a matter of time before she is pregnant again. I'm sure she's not waiting the recommended time after a c-section because she's just not that smart.

I was kind of thinking Amy might be the next "Duggar" to be knocked up. But who knows.

If she's pregnant and far enough along to know that it's a girl, I am legit worried about the health risks she's taking.

Didn't Jill say that she wasn't pregnant in the special? She also said they might come back as a family of 4. Maybe she's trying to adopt.

I think the Duggars are just trying to shift attention away from Josh and the rumour of Anna being pregnant.

Pickle's also said her "secret source" confirmed they were filming after Radar or the Inquistr had already posted articles about them filming at the lumber yard. :pb_lol:

It wouldn't shock me if Jill was pregnant again. It's a scary thought though, seeing how reckless she is with Izzy. Sweet Fellowship makes a good point though, they could just be trying to direct attention away from the Anna pregnancy rumors. 

Why would special little Jilly Muffin wait the recommended amount of time after a c-section. Those rules are devised by humans. If God says Jill is ready to have another baby he will give her one. 

That is what they believe. I don't know if she is pregnant but I also don't doubt that they will flout the recommendations and risk her health because they are quiverfull.

I seriously doubt she's pregnant, and, even if she is, she shouldn't be able to know the sex excuse me GENDER of the fetus yet. 

I also don't believe they'll be adopting. Sure they've all got "hearts for adoption" but I can't see it happening for a single Duggar kid. In my heart I have to believe that adoption agencies and orphanages wouldn't be stupid enough to hand one of their kids onto this family of clowns.

You do need a stable income and residence to be able to adopt (among many other things.) Adoption is not in the near future for any of them. Just a publicity stunt.

Well, if Jilly is indeed pregnant, I hope she comes home to deliver. Saving people from being Catholic is not reason enough to die in childbirth, and leave your sweet little Izzy without a mother. 

I still can't believe they are converting Catholics. Showing them the way. Guess I havae a reality problem, because that is what they are doing. 

What do they tell these indiviiduals is the difference? It boggles my little mind. 

I'm voting for "Jill is pregnant".  I know it's not a vote, but I'm voting anyway.   My opinion is based on nothing more than:

• I don't imagine they're using birth control of any kind
  • Her "midwife" friend was there visiting over the holidays... checking things out 

So, yup.  I thought this even before the posed picture on Pickle's page.  (Say that three times really fast!)  

1 hour ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

What do they tell these indiviiduals is the difference? It boggles my little mind. 

Stop praying to Mary, there is NO way that they are ok with a woman holding that level of power in the church.

There is no use for Rome.

The Saints are only holy when viewed by the devout in New Orleans on Sunday afternoons patting other men on the backsides.

Catholics don't get wet enough when they are getting baptised...

2 minutes ago, Catey said:

Stop praying to Mary, there is NO way that they are ok with a woman holding that level of power in the church.

There is no use for Rome.

The Saints are only holy when viewed by the devout in New Orleans on Sunday afternoons patting other men on the backsides.

Catholics don't get wet enough when they are getting baptised...

Thank you!! I hadn't really thought about the "wet when baptized" part. Then the poor victims of the Gothardite tripe find out about their "headships". And the rest. 

21 hours ago, Flyinthesoup said:

According to the information @halcionne gave in the hidden content, and the link I gave regarding the sale of the house  found here, the delisting/relisting is interesting stuff, but I can't make sense of it.  The monies/value of the property sale kept changing.  Apparently delisting can take place for a variety of reasons, which of course, is all new to me.  The property value of the house the year before the Duggars bought it, was higher.  The year they purchased until 2014, they stayed the same.  However, the estimated property tax value for 2015 is:  $1,664.24 higher.  The numbers do not add up.  Something is fishy, at least to me, I wonder if there is anyone here who can make sense of all this.  

The address for Renfroe Properties LLC, for this property, comes up in a Google search as being owned by David A. Renfroe.  I will see if I can get more information on him.  I am really just interested in knowing if there are underhanded dealings going on, which there may not be.  I still question how the value of the house can be that high, after the Duggar's only purchased it 3 years ago.  Also, it was listed for $1,600,000.00 when listing/delisting.  Maybe they were just 'trying out the market' to see if they could get a buyer, I don't know....it doesn't add up. :P

I'm not surprised that the tax info still says the Duggars, it takes quite a while for them to update that information.  They wont issue tax bills for several months, so its normal for the old names to remain a while. 

I'm also interested in the dealings with Renfroe.  Its very odd that the LLC was created right around the time of Joshly.

• Boogalou locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived