IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard Part 10: Taking Photos of Screaming Izzie

Coconut Flan

3 minutes ago, jacduggar said:

To be fair...Zika virus causes harm to the fetus. It's inherently unfair to say an unborn baby deserves brain damage because her mom is a dimwit. They have access to quality healthcare and safe living conditions, I think an unborn baby and small child are worth using them. 

But they took their infant son to what they claim is an area rife with gang violence (while pretending they wouldn't be living surrounded by armed guards), which, I'd argue, is worse (if it were true, and it's not).

I agree with what you're saying, absolutely. But we're not talking about people who are simply living and working there just as they would anywhere else...these are people who claim to belong there because of their inherent superiority over the local people. If they truly believe that shit they spew, they need to stick it out when there's real risk, not just the fake ones they made up for attention. 

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, jacduggar said:

To be fair...Zika virus causes harm to the fetus. It's inherently unfair to say an unborn baby deserves brain damage because her mom is a dimwit. They have access to quality healthcare and safe living conditions, I think an unborn baby and small child are worth using them. 

I don't think Lascuba was saying the hypothetical baby deserves brain damage because Jill "is a nitwit."  Lascuba was saying that the Dillards should leave, but not because of the Zika danger. The Dillards are narrow-minded, ignorant and condescending to the local people. Their "mission" is self-indulgent.  They should leave because they are not doing any good.  And for them to use the Zika virus as an excuse for leaving (when, in fact, they are probably just tired of playing missionary) is offensive.

If Jill decides to stay in Central America, she should use birth control, not only because of Zika but because she should not get pregnant so soon after a C-section.  And those of us who are concerned about Jill's possible exposure to Zika while pregnant need to remember that she is taking the same risk of the disease as the people she has supposedly had come to serve.  Ideally no one should get the disease, but  Jill is no "better" than the local people who can't get up and leave the country.

• Boogalou locked and unlocked this topic
  • Boogalou locked this topic

Archived