IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard Part 10: Taking Photos of Screaming Izzie

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Absolutely.  There is no basis in the no property tax story.  It's a relentless internet rumor that we keep trying to kill. 

I think that rumor started with "Alice".  Here's the page where Alice shares all...... , you have to scroll down to the May 26, at 3:12 comment.  She states:

The Duggars do annoy me more than other quiver full families. Probably because they are pimping their lifestyle on TV for money and publicity. It bugs me. I admit it fully. Especially when you throw in their tax-exempt status.

I seem to recall another place where I read a similar statement, but I can't recall where that was....

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess it has to do with the idea that all "churches" are tax exempt.  However, the Duggars would first have to file with the IRS as a church which they haven't.  Then further, homes being tax exempt when only two or three hours a week they are used for "church gatherings" would not work.  An easy check done periodically over the years has shown that the Duggars have been paying property taxes all along. It appears in this case Alice was mislead.

2 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Absolutely.  There is no basis in the no property tax story.  It's a relentless internet rumor that we keep trying to kill. 

It's one I took for granted as true for a long time, simply because everyone said it and it sounded logical to my knows-nothing-about-taxes mind...if nothing else, it's something Jim Bob would do if given half the chance. Once someone posted why it couldn't be true, that was it. 

JB made a statement way back when they were building the TTH that he planned to hold church fellowship services and financial fredoom seminars, thus all the space would be an advantage.  From there the rumor mill cranked out the "tax-exempt" claim.  I don't think JB ever said this himself.

I doubt the Duggars would ever try to get tax exempt status as a church, because they would have to forfeit the right to engage in the lobbying they are so fond of.

On January 11, 2016 at 9:57 PM, Cleopatra7 said:

I'm sure the Duggars have had many guests who thought tater tot casserole was gross, but we're too polite to say so. I'm thinking in particular of that time when Charles Stanley, the minister Michelle was fangirling over, came to visit and he got the Styrofoam plates and tater tot casserole treatment. Just once, I wish someone would tell the Duggars that their food is nasty, unhealthy, etc just to have the shoe be on the other foot, since they seem incapable of imaging how other people feel.

At least the minister got SERVED the casserole. Remember when Jchelle had a "dinner party" for the woman whose baby was in the NICU with Josie? She made that woman actually make the tater tot casserole (because everyone should know how.) 
I guess when your idea of a "Thanks for your support" party is an invite to bring not only more donations but also your own food, inviting someone over to be forced to make tater tot casserole for your family qualifies in your mind as a "dinner party."

3 minutes ago, patsymae said:

At least the minister got SERVED the casserole. Remember when Jchelle had a "dinner party" for the woman whose baby was in the NICU with Josie? She made that woman actually make the tater tot casserole (because everyone should know how.) 
I guess when your idea of a "Thanks for your support" party is an invite to bring not only more donations but also your own food, inviting someone over to be forced to make tater tot casserole for your family qualifies in your mind as a "dinner party."

I remember the other mother being served tater to casserole, but I forgot that she had to serve too. For a family that does as much entertaining, meeting, and greeting that the Duggars do, they're pretty awful at hospitality. They're so self-absorbed that they think just being in their company should be enough for the people they meet.

It just cracks me up...the home and all that it encompasses and the Duggars just always take the easiest way out possible in everything related: housekeeping, cooking, yard, cleanliness, organization (remember the outbuilding and those storage units)...they are lazy slobs.

So what exactly ( besides pushing out blessings) does J'shelle do? 

Come on TLC- these folks offer nothing. They do nothing, know nothing, represent nothing sane, are uneducated and are not the least bit entertaining.

2 hours ago, Flyinthesoup said:

I think that rumor started with "Alice".  Here's the page where Alice shares all...... , you have to scroll down to the May 26, at 3:12 comment.  She states:

I seem to recall another place where I read a similar statement, but I can't recall where that was....

I just happened to re-read the thread and there seem to be two Alices.  The first "Alice" is the one who posts about the molestation.  The second Alice has less to say, but is the one who complains about the tax-exempt status they have as a church.  The first Alice calls her "Alice 2" and says she agrees with her about the Duggars.

It just cracks me up...the home and all that it encompasses and the Duggars just always take the easiest way out possible in everything related: housekeeping, cooking, yard, cleanliness, organization (remember the outbuilding and those storage units)...they are lazy slobs.

So what exactly ( besides pushing out blessings) does J'shelle do? 

Come on TLC- these folks offer nothing. They do nothing, know nothing, represent nothing sane, are uneducated and are not the least bit entertaining.

This is so true!. There's NOTHING to see here.

No ideas worth emulating regarding raising a super-sized family. Nothing. I really have no idea what Michelle does at all. Jim Boob is just an empty blowhard.

I am so sick of this family and especially their adult children.

8 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

Does anyone know their reasoning as to why they think their gigantic family has a smaller carbon footprint than most people?

If I remember correctly from that Q&A episode, they had a few good points - basically just that they buy most things used and because they pretty much carpool everywhere.

But they also claimed to have less of a carbon footprint than an average family (I'm assuming average to them is 2 parents - heterosexual, of course - with 2.5 kids), and that's freaking bananas. There's no way you can have an entire herd of children like they do and ruin the earth less than smaller families. Just think of the diapers, the crazy amount of laundry every day, the absurd amount airplane trips these people make, and the amount of hairspray Jim Boob uses daily.

I unfortunatly use paper plates, however its just me. I would LOVE to have more counterspace to put a dish draining rack. I have a dishwasher but dont want to over use my fiestaware in it.

On Food and traveling. I don't know what it is about me but I always crave Fruit when I travel. I don't eat heavily anyway and try and find local stuff. Especially good local pizza places. 

Paper plates for BBQ or picnic, otherwise proper plates and cutlery.

i have only been overseas twice, I do remember the size of the servings in Hawaii, they were huge! Ate in local restaurants and tried a mixture of foods.

the USA is where I tried my first margarita 

Regarding carbon footprint issues, let's remember that this is the end times and the earth is going to be destroyed soon anyway. In fact, hastening its destruction only makes Jesus return faster. And what Christian wouldn't want that?

Yes, I was told this by a member of my aunt's church. Said fundie was lecturing me on the evil cult of environmentalism, which is actually a worship of mother earth, so it is obviously impossible to be both a Christian and an environmentalist.

This stuff is too crazy to make up.

On the episode that they were making the laundry detergent they used the smaller kitchen. It seemed so irresponsible to have these huge pots of on the stove with all those kids running around when they had a kitchen that was built for exactly that purpose.

As far as them being tax exempt I wonder if you would have to have your main source of income coming through donations in order to qualify. I don't know anything about taxes but it seems there must be something with where the income comes from.

5 hours ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

I unfortunatly use paper plates, however its just me. I would LOVE to have more counterspace to put a dish draining rack. I have a dishwasher but dont want to over use my fiestaware in it.

On Food and traveling. I don't know what it is about me but I always crave Fruit when I travel. I don't eat heavily anyway and try and find local stuff. Especially good local pizza places. 

Ever heard of dish towels? ;)

I recall reading (can't remember where) that they looked into tax-exemption for their home church, but once they realized that by doing that they couldn't promote political affiliations or campaign for office themselves they backed off.
Makes sense to me....

1 hour ago, Whoosh said:

Now flat out - if a person is an asshat = asshat.

not sure why we should pussy foot around the asshat.  YOU ARE AN ASSHAT.

???

I think their claim about having a smaller carbon footprint was more about comparing resource use at a per person level. So, they weren’t saying that their family of 21 (22 w/ Gma Mary?) has a smaller footprint than an average family of 4. But rather because they all live together in one house and share resources, clothes, personal items, etc. and of course they re-use by buying secondhand, and carpool blah blah blah… each individual person would then have a smaller footprint relative to the average member of a smaller family. 

OK, sure they could make this argument (if they actually were as frugal and resource conservative as they claim to be which is obviously a load of crap).  Still, it’s just another example of Duggar logic. Even if each child had a relatively lower carbon footprint than average---THEY CHOSE TO HAVE 19 OF THEM!

Oh, but wait that doesn’t matter because remember that evil science propaganda about overpopulation? That’s just a myth. Michelle set us straight on that a few years ago with my all-time favorite Duggar quote: "The entire population of the world, if they were stood shoulder to shoulder, could fit inside the city of limits Jacksonville.” Yes Michelle, you  obviously have such a firm grasp on how human activity affects the environment.

I don't have a dishwasher OR space for a drying rack. I lay out a dish towel while I was dishes and wipe them dry immediately. It's still much better than using paper plates. :-)

1 hour ago, batuityma said:

I think their claim about having a smaller carbon footprint was more about comparing resource use at a per person level. So, they weren’t saying that their family of 21 (22 w/ Gma Mary?) has a smaller footprint than an average family of 4. But rather because they all live together in one house and share resources, clothes, personal items, etc. and of course they re-use by buying secondhand, and carpool blah blah blah… each individual person would then have a smaller footprint relative to the average member of a smaller family. 

I think this is there (Il)logical conclusion.  By their math, every two children should be part of a family of four, so doing Duggar math further, their family of 22 (not counting the screaming spawn) is really being compared to approximately 36+ people (9 families of 4, plus a few extras thrown in).  Forget the disposable diapers, paper plates, HUGE gas guzzling bus and all those SUVs the drive or that they haven't even planted a tree on all that average that they own.

Since we know that Science is such a strong subject with the Duggars, they also  may just be thinking that flip flops create less of a footprint than evil heathen shoes.

9 hours ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

have a dishwasher but dont want to over use my fiestaware in it.

Is it reproduction? That's perfectly safe in the dishwasher.

Life's short, kid. Use your FiestaWare! That's why you have it :56247951a4b60_32(2)::56247951a4b60_32(2):

If you don't want to put your delicate china in the dishwasher, just buy a cheap set of four or six plates. It's not like paper plates are free, so that'll still be cheaper in the medium run, not to even mention the environment.

2 hours ago, JillyO said:

If you don't want to put your delicate china in the dishwasher, just buy a cheap set of four or six plates. It's not like paper plates are free, so that'll still be cheaper in the medium run, not to even mention the environment.

I bought a bunch of cheap plates, bowls, and mugs at a thrift store for under ten dollars and they work great. Oftentimes, you can even buy whole sets. If you have children or live with someone who drops dishes, thrift store dishes are the way to go, since you can always buy more for fifty cents per plate or so. 

• Boogalou locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived