6 minutes ago, docmom said:

Worms don't cause IBS or any of the other things Lori has.

Too much antibiotics can cause C. Diff. I don't know about anti-parasites, though

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm convinced the only thing wrong with Lori is that giant stick up her ass.

On 1/20/2016 at 9:15 AM, Hisey said:

I have three words for Miss-Lori-I've-Always-Been-Discreet.

"Pump and dump."

I am too discreet, myself, to want to say anymore. But I think it's safe to say that you can't advise women to do the above, and then call yourself "discreet."

Omigosh, I misquoted Lori. I just don't use this phrase as much as she does. What I meant to say is "Pump him dry." 

*tsk tsk*. I have seen at least two - TWO! - references to the ANUS in recent comments here. That is not very discreet, people!!  At least I don't think it is; I'll go ask Lori. :5624795a82323_32(25):

44 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

*tsk tsk*. I have seen at least two - TWO! - references to the ANUS in recent comments here. That is not very discreet, people!!  At least I don't think it is; I'll go ask Lori. :5624795a82323_32(25):

Seriously. Just call her what she is -- a giant asshole. 

Oh, that's not what "anus" was referencing? 

Never mind. *blush*

Is the anus flossing? I think the line between "discreet" and "trashy" is a single piece of floss. Also I dislike how she says in their house there aren't any "body noises". Like if your stomach growls it's you're fault for being a garbage wife. 

19 minutes ago, Mrsaztx said:

Also I dislike how she says in their house there aren't any "body noises". Like if your stomach growls it's you're fault for being a garbage wife. 

Here's the thing- how does that even work?  Maybe they have separate rooms?  I know Lori has talked about sleeping in another room before.  Perhaps they just avoid the hell out of each other.  That's what I'd do if I was forced to live with either one of them.

From the comments of the discretion post:

Many women groups spend much time talking about sex-lives and their unruliness in their marriage, as if it's something to announce on the roof tops with pride. I'm just glad there are women out there who are trying to be delightfully discreet and respectful towards their hubbies.

Which blog is she reading, because it sure as hell isn't Lori's.  If she considers Lori "delightfully discreet", then I can't imagine what she was reading before.

Another:

Last night, I tried to floss in a more "lady-like" way. And you know what? It works! 

:pb_lol:  I would love to know how one flosses in a more "lady like" manner.  

20 minutes ago, Koala said:

From the comments of the discretion post:

Which blog is she reading, because it sure as hell isn't Lori's.  If she considers Lori "delightfully discreet", then I can't imagine what she was reading before.

Another:

:pb_lol:  I would love to know how one flosses in a more "lady like" manner.  

Why, in your pink Maribou baby doll and fuzzy kitten heels, of course! And you do it most daintily and without noise, while posturing to best display your assets. Be mindful, though, lest you smudge your lipstick or chip your manicure

3 hours ago, docmom said:

My worm avatar is in honor of Lori's worms .

Oh, so *that's* what it is!  I was wondering. :pb_lol:

Since we all have plenty of food and clothes, we should be the most contented people that ever existed. 

Lori- not everyone has plenty of food, much less plenty of clothes.  Not all of us buy brand new eShakti dresses.  I just looked at their site and the cheapest dress I see is $50.  Some people can buy an entire wardrobe at the thrift store for that price.  I wouldn't dream of spending that much on a dress- not in a million years.

I totally get that you've never known a moment of want (much less need) in your life, but not everyone has been so lucky.  

Those people you advise to breed at all costs?  You know, the ones you praise for "not having their ducks in a row"?  Yeah, they don't necessarily have plenty of food or clothes.  

Children actually die of starvation.  Being a Christian doesn't mean you won't go hungry.  You can plug your ears and sing "lalala" if you want.  I know the Bible says God will always provide, but reality says otherwise. You've just been lucky.  Born to a doctor, and married to a man you were able to trick into doing all the work (you disable your birth control, he tells you to quit your job and hires and nanny and someone to help you with the house).  Not everyone is you.  

14 hours ago, bean said:

So if the only place you're allowed to be unladylike is "in bed," does that mean it's ok to fart during sex? 

Uh, asking for a friend... 

And apparently flossing. So you can fart and floss while having sex! Maybe that is how thongs got their nickname "dental floss" hmm.... :my_rolleyes:

43 minutes ago, Koala said:

Lori- not everyone has plenty of food, much less plenty of clothes.  Not all of us buy brand new eShakti dresses.  I just looked at their site and the cheapest dress I see is $50.  Some people can buy an entire wardrobe at the thrift store for that price.  I wouldn't dream of spending that much on a dress- not in a million years.

I totally get that you've never known a moment of want (much less need) in your life, but not everyone has been so lucky.  

Those people you advise to breed at all costs?  You know, the ones you praise for "not having their ducks in a row"?  Yeah, they don't necessarily have plenty of food or clothes.  

Children actually die of starvation.  Being a Christian doesn't mean you won't go hungry.  You can plug your ears and sing "lalala" if you want.  I know the Bible says God will always provide, but reality says otherwise. You've just been lucky.  Born to a doctor, and married to a man you were able to trick into doing all the work (you disable your birth control, he tells you to quit your job and hires and nanny and someone to help you with the house).  Not everyone is you.  

You forget that hunger is not an issue in America (per Ken, of course) Also, starvation is not a particularly painful way to die (Also....Ken)  so those hungry children should, you know...relax and be thankful. 

18 hours ago, Mrsaztx said:

Is the anus flossing? I think the line between "discreet" and "trashy" is a single piece of floss. Also I dislike how she says in their house there aren't any "body noises". Like if your stomach growls it's you're fault for being a garbage wife. 

Possibly she's hard of hearing? 

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

You forget that hunger is not an issue in America (per Ken, of course) Also, starvation is not a particularly painful way to die (Also....Ken)  so those hungry children should, you know...relax and be thankful. 

That idea is so far beyond stupid and insane. Just thinking how uncomfortable I am when I'm actually hungry, meaning having not eaten for only about 20 hours due to sleeping the night then being late to work, and having a late lunch at 3 or 4, and the fact that it includes actual pain and a LOT of light headedness and head rushes, not to mention how crabby my husband and I can be when we need to eat. Combine all that with working your ass off to provide for a family, stressing about feeding your children and then dealing with them being uncomfortable and cranky and the guilt that comes with them starving. That these monsters can so blatantly blow that off is absolutely disgusting and I suspect Jesus does not approve

18 hours ago, Koala said:

their unruliness in their marriage

Unruliness??? What the hell. Grown women are not unruly in a marriage. Toddlers are unruly. Excited dogs are unruly.

Unruly: Difficult or impossible to discipline..

Well I hope so, want to see me get all kinds of unruly? Please attempt to discipline me..

th6ICSUXW1.jpg

2 hours ago, Mrsaztx said:

That idea is so far beyond stupid and insane. Just thinking how uncomfortable I am when I'm actually hungry, meaning having not eaten for only about 20 hours due to sleeping the night then being late to work, and having a late lunch at 3 or 4, and the fact that it includes actual pain and a LOT of light headedness and head rushes, not to mention how crabby my husband and I can be when we need to eat. Combine all that with working your ass off to provide for a family, stressing about feeding your children and then dealing with them being uncomfortable and cranky and the guilt that comes with them starving. That these monsters can so blatantly blow that off is absolutely disgusting and I suspect Jesus does not approve

Agreed. The most I have ever gone without food and not being sick was 26 hours and that was because of a medical procedure that got delayed due to the doctor having to do an emergency surgery. If I do not eat during the day I feel sick, I hate that sick hungry feeling. I also get the same as you mentioned. I get light-headed, head rushes, dizzy at times if it's been most of the day without food. I cannot concentrate well. I also get grumpy, agitated, irritable. My boyfriend even jokes about it when I am grumpy asking if I have eaten lately. I know I am lucky to have never worried I'd be without food or want for food. I know how I feel when I don't eat, so I feel for those who literally have no food or very little food and can only imagine that feeling. I believe without a doubt that dying of starvation would be a terrible, awful, miserable way to die. I can't even imagine. 

Second to that, having food and clothes and that's enough that you should be content is missing a lot there. Like having a roof over your head. Having money to pay your bills so you have heat, electricity, air conditioning, water and can keep that roof over your head, and to buy the food and clothing we all supposedly have and should therefore be content. Forget losing a job, a home, loss of a loved one, serious illnesses, none of that matters because if you have food and clothes you should be content anyway. If that is not what she is saying, feel free to correct me. 

I think it's very easy to flippantly assert that starving to death is no biggie, when you are in no danger of ever going hungry.  Even if Lori and Ken lost everything, they've got a fairly extensive safety net (family).

That and the fact that I am pretty sure neither one of them has even the slightest bit of compassion for anyone.  Oh, and ignorance.  That's definitely a factor as well.

A woman's right to have input about sex is hardly the only part of the Pauline letters that Lori vastly misunderstands.

*eyeroll*

11 hours ago, Koala said:

I think it's very easy to flippantly assert that starving to death is no biggie, when you are in no danger of ever going hungry.  Even if Lori and Ken lost everything, they've got a fairly extensive safety net (family).

That and the fact that I am pretty sure neither one of them has even the slightest bit of compassion for anyone.  Oh, and ignorance.  That's definitely a factor as well.

Has anyone ever wondered if the whole blog is part of a sort of Milgram psych experiment? Maybe some researcher is trying to determine what manner of atrocities people will endorse in their desire to be seen as perfect Christians.

Lori's post today had me thinking over some of the things Ken has posted on her blog.  In 2015 he wrote a post entitled "Are Egalitarian Marriages Truth".  It seemed to me he had mentioned something about that when he was here, so I went back and looked.

Ken (Feb 8, 2014):

It might surprise you too that my marriage is very much egalitarian in the way it functions, and I like it that way.

Based on this, you'd assume that Ken is in favor of egalitarian marriages.  After all, his own functions that way and he seems to view it in a favorable light.

Not so.  In his post on March 29, 2015 he writes:

Here is where we have the biggest concern about Christians who choose to model their marriages after an egalitarian model instead of a truly Biblical model of a husband's loving leadership and a wife's respect and submission. We hear much talk about how well egalitarianism worked for their parents, or works in their marriage, and we think, "That's great!" It is always fun to find a marriage that is loving and working. But the Christian misses the point of what God is trying to do in this world if they are determining their choice of marriage model based on what works as opposed to what God calls His best. 

He continues:

Similarly, levels of relationship apply to a Christian marriage, and an egalitarian marriage demands no deep connections, no vulnerability, no intimacy, but rather a set of relationship rules that seem equitable and fair towards one another. To treat each other with respect and with love and equality, but such a marriage is second best to what God has designed for us. 

Second best he says?  Why on earth would he model his marriage around "second best".

He concludes:

Lori and I have been through a marriage of a wife's control, to an egalitarian partnership, and now to a Biblical one flesh marriage where Lori has everything to gain from her husband's complete devotion and selfless love for his God-given compliment in life. 

So, either:

A. Ken and Lori's marriage underwent a complete overhaul in the 13 months after his visit with us.

B. Ken was bullshitting us while he was here.

Why would you make a marriage based on what works over what God has designed? That's basically saying "we know a biblical marriage won't be good for you, but you have to do it because Jesus". Why would you make a marriage based on what works? Oh, I don't know, the same reason I put gasoline in my car rather than pepsi. One has been shown to result in a functioning vehicle and the other is a vicious prank played by crappy people who want to make my life more difficult. 

On 1/21/2016 at 10:39 AM, RosyDaisy said:

Speaking of farts, my feline headship can clear a room with his silent farts. I am not joking. It's the foulest stench.

My roommate's cat (aka Lord and Master of the House) has, when I am the only human in the house, cuddled up next to me as I'm waking up -- and let the biggest stinkbomb rip. 

Because he wants me to get up and feed him.

...It works.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived