IGNORED

Jill & Jessa Special, Sunday, December 20

Coconut Flan

23 minutes ago, Cerealgirl said:

Red states have the highest rates of public assistance. I'm sure Bin and jessa are enjoying that nice Medicaid. Gotta love hypocrisy.

Well, you see, Medicaid is OK as long as it's the nice deserving white people using it. /s

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this "side hug" talk has me wondering, am I the only one who actually prefers side hugs, even with my own parents/family? Not everyone in my family is like that, but I am just not a touchy-feely person. Being embraced by anyone other than my significant other (or maybe a little kid ) makes me feel icky. So I always turn to the side and force people to side-hug me. Haha. That said, my family is very close. How much we touch each other has little to do with that, in my opinion.

In regard to holding Izzy facing outward, that's how some babies prefer to be held. I have at friend with a baby who gets extremely fussy and loud if she can't see what's going on around her, she even sometimes fusses if she's in the stroller and isn't getting to interact with people. It's not necessarily that she wants to hand him off but maybe he just likes being able to watch what people are doing.

3 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Well, you see, Medicaid is OK as long as it's the nice deserving white people using it. /s

Well duh. And those that could actually get a job and just aren't too lazy to do so. Oh wait.....

In regard to holding Izzy facing outward, that's how some babies prefer to be held. I have at friend with a baby who gets extremely fussy and loud if she can't see what's going on around her, she even sometimes fusses if she's in the stroller and isn't getting to interact with people. It's not necessarily that she wants to hand him off but maybe he just likes being able to watch what people are doing.

My goddaughter was like that too when she was tiny. Made me sad because I didn't get to spend that much time with her, and when I did I just wanted to cuddle with her...but nope quickly learned she would get very fussy if she was facing towards a person, she wanted to be facing the room/action at all times.

4 hours ago, Cerealgirl said:

Obamacare is not insurance. It's a marketplace for insurers. If they had private insurance prior then they would continue to have it. Actually it requires insurance companies to cover unemployed kids until age 26 so maybe that's how Jill and Jessa are covered. Idk if marriage disqualifies them from their parents' coverage.

Understood, but for example I was on my own plan when the marketplaces post healthcare act were updated. My insurance bill tripled. I'm an Obama supporter so I'm happy to have "Obamacare". These people HATE the man and HATE that the plans cover birth control. I can't imagine them buying into "that man's system" especially at extra cost. They think God will take care of them anyway, they don't want the government telling them they need insurance.

So if they don't have any insurance at all, because they are unemployed and let's face it, likely too busy/lazy to apply for the ACA, who picks up the cost for the ambulance, emergency care and hospitalization associated with SES's delivery? The tax payer?????

Probably a $10,000 bill right there.

So if they don't have any insurance at all, because they are unemployed and let's face it, likely too busy/lazy to apply for the ACA, who picks up the cost for the ambulance, emergency care and hospitalization associated with SES's delivery? The tax payer?????

Probably a $10,000 bill right there.

Many hospitals/clinics will make you apply for Medicaid if you're eligible because its effective retroactively to the qualifying event....often the point at which your salary qualified you.

Otherwise they would be set up with a payment plan to pay the hospital what they could afford & the rest would be written off to the hospital's uncompensated care fund.

So if they don't have any insurance at all, because they are unemployed and let's face it, likely too busy/lazy to apply for the ACA, who picks up the cost for the ambulance, emergency care and hospitalization associated with SES's delivery? The tax payer????? Probably a $10,000 bill right there.

Many hospitals/clinics will make you apply for Medicaid if you're eligible because its effective retroactively to the qualifying event....often the point at which your salary qualified you.

Otherwise they would be set up with a payment plan to pay the hospital what they could afford & the rest would be written off to the hospital's uncompensated care fund.

I would love to see them answer to that one on a Q&A episode [emoji23]

50 minutes ago, Cerealgirl said:

I would love to see them answer to that one on a Q&A episode emoji23.png

Also, similar to how Josh and Anna's home was quickly sold to a shell company upon the Ashley Madison disclosure, I am sure none of the married couples has any assets to declare, so what kind of payment plan can a person with no income and no assets be placed on?

JB and his grifting ways, strikes again!

19 grifters and counting.

A couple of thoughts... And once again I'm relying on buzzards recap as I refuse to watch this show 

-I think it's going to become 19 kac part 2. The only problem is, the blinders are off for a lot of people. They are now so boring ( since you know they were coached) and try as they might, they won't be able to get rid of the Josh stigma. They did themselves no favors by showing Anna living in the girls room. They are so tone deaf they can't read an audience.

-Anna will never leave him. If the marriage breaks up, it will be Josh who breaks it up. However, like a lot of you said, she won't trust him ever again. 

-on the topic of the little couple--Jen may be controlling, but both of them put their kids first. They limit the number of episodes, and have jobs outside of reality tv. I cannot fault them that. 

-TLC must not have bothered trying to find advertising for the specials, choosing to let the local cable do it. But from what I hear, the new TLC shows are beyond the pale--it's like they have to outdo themselves with the oddest, most ridiculous reality shows. 

8 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

I agree 99% with what you said, except for the "eventually back out to independence."  Josh will likely never be freely given independence by his parents again.  If he wants independence, he'll have to forcefully take it somehow.

Jim Bob and Michelle are getting older. They have other children (quite a few, in fact) and some other kid will have some problem at some point.  Some J-girl may get pregnant out of wedlock, some J-boy may come out as gay or another J-Kid may get into drugs... Or accidentally shoot someone, or . . .  Josh is only the beginning, and as the parents get older and other problems come up (especially if Josh toes the line for a while)  he , JB will want to believe that all is well and will relax his vigilance.

The question is whether Josh can toe the line for a few years. Apparently he has done it before, so we will see.

On 12/22/2015 at 5:08 PM, Artemesia said:

Anna has been personally and publicly humiliated by her pig of a husband and now seems to be under guard at the TTH. No skills, no education, 4 children. What she doesn't realize is that she has all of the power. The pig is responsible for child support and probably some spousal support. Anna could have whatever she wanted just by having a real interview or writing a book and she can do it at anytime. I hope she is keeping notes. JB and the pig should be terrified.

I totally hope Anna is keeping a journal with very detailed notes and will write a tell-all book one of these days.  That is one reason I think she is at the Duggar house so they can keep an eye on her perhaps?  I wonder if they have video security systems in the house and watch her every move?  makes me wonder. 

3 hours ago, Cerealgirl said:

I would love to see them answer to that one on a Q&A episode emoji23.png

Perhaps TLC has an insurance policy (for the Jess hospital trip ) similar to workers comp for their actors/studio staff?  Would a birth that was being taped for broadcast be considered a workers comp claim? 

I watched part 2 (wasted a hour of my life there) ... Ben sounds like he is higher than a kite.  geeze 

Re: this question posed by @biblelandjunkie   (Emphasis in bold is mine)  "Perhaps TLC has an insurance policy (for the Jess hospital trip ) similar to workers comp for their actors/studio staff?  Would a birth that was being taped for broadcast be considered a workers comp claim? Perhaps TLC has an insurance policy (for the Jess hospital trip ) similar to workers comp for their actors/studio staff?  Would a birth that was being taped for broadcast be considered a workers comp claim?

Workers comp coverage or not, I doubt TLC carries a policy (or is generally willing to cover costs) for medical care, hospitalization(s), births, etc. of their reality "stars" and their offspring unless it was agreed to in a contract.   The only example of such coverage that I can think of would be for a show such as My Six Hundred Pound Life, where the contract is explicitly written to cover all or part of the costs for weight loss surgery/treatment that is being filmed for the show.  I assume that's the reason people agree to be on the show.  

Re: workers compensation coverage, that's governed by state law where the person is employed.  First there's the question of whether or not Jessa and her family are "employees" of TLC to begin with.    Workers compensation coverage will pay for reasonably necessary medical care needed if you get hurt or get sick because of an injury on your job.  (That's from Arkansas state law.)    

Jessa's pregnancy was not caused by anything that happened at her "job" unless you assume that her "job" involves having sex with her husband... which... huh - maybe it does?   I'm kidding, I am quite sure w/c does not apply here.  If she fell and tripped over a camera cord, that might be covered by TLC's liability policy.   

40 minutes ago, notfundy said:

Re: this question posed by @biblelandjunkie   (Emphasis in bold is mine)  "Perhaps TLC has an insurance policy (for the Jess hospital trip ) similar to workers comp for their actors/studio staff?  Would a birth that was being taped for broadcast be considered a workers comp claim? Perhaps TLC has an insurance policy (for the Jess hospital trip ) similar to workers comp for their actors/studio staff?  Would a birth that was being taped for broadcast be considered a workers comp claim?

Workers comp coverage or not, I doubt TLC carries a policy (or is generally willing to cover costs) for medical care, hospitalization(s), births, etc. of their reality "stars" and their offspring unless it was agreed to in a contract.   The only example of such coverage that I can think of would be for a show such as My Six Hundred Pound Life, where the contract is explicitly written to cover all or part of the costs for weight loss surgery/treatment that is being filmed for the show.  I assume that's the reason people agree to be on the show.  

Re: workers compensation coverage, that's governed by state law where the person is employed.  First there's the question of whether or not Jessa and her family are "employees" of TLC to begin with.    Workers compensation coverage will pay for reasonably necessary medical care needed if you get hurt or get sick because of an injury on your job.  (That's from Arkansas state law.)    

Jessa's pregnancy was not caused by anything that happened at her "job" unless you assume that her "job" involves having sex with her husband... which... huh - maybe it does?   I'm kidding, I am quite sure w/c does not apply here.  If she fell and tripped over a camera cord, that might be covered by TLC's liability policy.   

Put me in the camp that thinks jessa's job is to have sex with her husband and procreate.

thats her job.  Stated plain and simple -sing it from the rooftop

If she fell over a camera cord while in labour I am assuming she would be covered because it's her own home, but still that would be own fault in my opinion - I could be wrong

8 minutes ago, Cerealgirl said:  

I suspect, however, that at least Bin and Jessa (and Spurgie) are on Medicaid.  Jill & family not so much since they're out of the country.   

Anyway the Seewalds would definitely qualify for Medicaid (due to no/low income - can't imagine JimBoob is paying his SIL a living wage!)

A branch of my husband's family is/are fundies, and very against the ebil gubberment in all cases  EXCEPT when it comes to health insurance.  Most of them do take advantage of Medicaid.  For the sake of their (many, many) children, I am happy about that but - OHHHHH -- the hypocrisy!     

This is one thing that has always killed me about how they answer to concerns that they can't afford their children. They always turn the answer to debt, when the question is about public assistance. Good for you not using a credit card. But the question was about food stamps/medicaid/whatever they can get without having to pay it back. I don't think I've ever seen them address the actual question, it's always just redirected to the debt free claims. Makes me very suspicious.

On December 23, 2015 at 2:55 PM, luxfilia said:
All this "side hug" talk has me wondering, am I the only one who actually prefers side hugs, even with my own parents/family? Not everyone in my family is like that, but I am just not a touchy-feely person. Being embraced by anyone other than my significant other (or maybe a little kid ) makes me feel icky. So I always turn to the side and force people to side-hug me. Haha. That said, my family is very close. How much we touch each other has little to do with that, in my opinion.

I do this too! I started in college when an acquaintance of mine was very touchy-feely. Every time she would hug me I would feel claustrophobic, so I started forcing her to do a side hug. I also had another acquaintance that got really mad at me one time because he wanted to give me a hug and I wouldn't let him, to the point of me backing up and putting my hands in front of me. Some people need to learn that not everyone likes to be touched.

11 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

Jim Bob and Michelle are getting older. They have other children (quite a few, in fact) and some other kid will have some problem at some point.  Some J-girl may get pregnant out of wedlock, some J-boy may come out as gay or another J-Kid may get into drugs... Or accidentally shoot someone, or . . .  Josh is only the beginning, and as the parents get older and other problems come up (especially if Josh toes the line for a while)  he , JB will want to believe that all is well and will relax his vigilance.

The question is whether Josh can toe the line for a few years. Apparently he has done it before, so we will see.

I think a good number of the other kids will have major problems as they get older as well, especially since they have not been given the educational, vocational, or social skills to succeed in the real world. The so-called "Kennedy Curse" stems not from any sort of actual bad luck so much as there are a lot of Kennedys for whom bad things can happen. The same will be true for the Duggars. As tightly as JB and Michelle control the information flow at the TTC, some of the teen and young adult kids may be realizing for the first time that many people regard their family as a freak show, not a "ministry." It was probably easy to care for a large family when the kids were young children, because their needs are so much simpler, but now that the house is filling up with teens and young adults, it will be more difficult to maintain order, especially when many of them have a tenuous relationship at best with their birth parents.

On 12/24/2015 at 6:56 AM, Kate11 said:

I do this too! I started in college when an acquaintance of mine was very touchy-feely. Every time she would hug me I would feel claustrophobic, so I started forcing her to do a side hug. I also had another acquaintance that got really mad at me one time because he wanted to give me a hug and I wouldn't let him, to the point of me backing up and putting my hands in front of me. Some people need to learn that not everyone likes to be touched.

I kinda stick my butt out when people I don't want to hug come in for a hug. That way o my our arms and maybe shoulders touch. I can't stand more than that. 

3 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I think a good number of the other kids will have major problems as they get older as well, especially since they have not been given the educational, vocational, or social skills to succeed in the real world. The so-called "Kennedy Curse" stems not from any sort of actual bad luck so much as there are a lot of Kennedys for whom bad things can happen. The same will be true for the Duggars. As tightly as JB and Michelle control the information flow at the TTC, some of the teen and young adult kids may be realizing for the first time that many people regard their family as a freak show, not a "ministry." It was probably easy to care for a large family when the kids were young children, because their needs are so much simpler, but now that the house is filling up with teens and young adults, it will be more difficult to maintain order, especially when many of them have a tenuous relationship at best with their birth parents.

I agree. I believe there are other problems coming down the pike. No family that large can go skipping through life without some type of disturbance or someone rebelling against their parents. It may take a number of years but it is going to happen. I also think both Michelle and Dimbulb will not be equipped to handle it. We may see more of Michelle's emotional problems coming out or even her past eating disorder problems.

I also think the worst decision they made was showing Anna living in the dorm. That only enforces the fact they are trying to keep all under Dimbulbs control so nothing else leaks out to make them look bad. That ebil media and ebil social media that keeps picking on them. Poor poor family.

I've been curious about the insurance angle for a long time.  I know that Dim Bulb stated at one time that they had insurance for the whole family with high deductibles but I think that is as far as the details go. Maternity coverage is usually an additional deductible.  We know that at one time they did not have insurance and Michelle was sued for at least one hospital birth that was never paid.  Then there was Josie's very expensive stay which was apparently covered by the state. I know lots of fundies play the dangerous game of having lots of children with only Scamaritan to fall back on, the question is what does JB do?

As to Jessa and Bin (and Jill and Derick) I'm going to assume they have some sort of insurance.  They can't qualify for medicaid because Jessa had some paid speaking appearances and then there is the TLC specials, so they have had some income, although how much is anybody's guess. I sure would love to see their tax returns.

As to trouble down the road....I've been wondering what happens the next time Josh strays. Anna will probably forgive him but at what point does JB disown him entirely because he is toxic to their brand? I mean if Christian rehab and forgiveness and prayer works so well, how will they explain that Josh can't keep his pecker under control?

1 hour ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

As to trouble down the road....I've been wondering what happens the next time Josh strays. Anna will probably forgive him but at what point does JB disown him entirely because he is toxic to their brand? I mean if Christian rehab and forgiveness and prayer works so well, how will they explain that Josh can't keep his pecker under control?

And thats why I dont believe that TLC will continue with the Duggars.  Its not a matter of IF Josh strays, its WHEN.  He's not capable of living the fundie lifestyle, or keeping it in his pants... 

On December 23, 2015 at 1:55 PM, luxfilia said:

I prefer them too. I've been called "cold" and "a sociopath" for it. :my_confused:

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived