IGNORED

Jill & Jessa Special, Sunday, December 20

Coconut Flan

Fictitious "going away" party, baby shower, and interview Anna all for your snarking pleasure. 

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't decide if I should subject myself to this again. I probably will, because I don't really have plans, and I love to snark

59 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Fictitious "going away" party, baby shower, and interview Anna all for your snarking pleasure. 

l saw some preview Anna.  Lots of praying and asking God about what to do;  I think God's gonna come down on the side of staying with Joshly.  I've no doubt she really does love him and has endured great emotional suffering over his betrayal and infidelity, but I don't think she'll leave him. 

Jissa?  Meh.  

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

The first two things are fully staged and cannot possibly have any truly surprising elements. The interview will just be sad but I do not expect anything too shocking or insightful either. What could they possibly say or do that would be interesting in a positive way? Realistically I mean? They are doomed to confirm all our prejudices and we are doomed to conclude we could have guessed it all. 

Honestly, my first grader has more personality than all of them put together and listening to her is a lot more stimulating than anything I heard from the J slaves so far. It is always such an anti-climax. Just imagine how much a lively and analytical mind could comment on all that goes on in that house, and compare that to how little they have to say. It is like they are living a cheap novel where there is no depth in the characters. 

I know I am behind in asking, but how do we know it is a fake going away party again? Is it because they keep coming back to the states?

23 minutes ago, homeschoolmomma1 said:

I know I am behind in asking, but how do we know it is a fake going away party again? Is it because they keep coming back to the states?

Well, at least for me, a key element of a going away party is that someone actually go someplace for more than a few weeks. Does anyone know when they finally returned  to Central America? 

It looked like the party was purely staged for filming purposes.  They had already made two (I think) trips to Central America and it was also called some sort of thank you but it was a potluck type thing with few attendees.  It's 60 minutes.

I'm ashamed to say my DVR is set to record. I will watch it later so I can speed through most of the bull. Oh wait, that will be the whole program! Lol

I'll be watching, gotta have something to get me through until Into the Badlands starts at 9. Hubby will be thrilled, 2 hours of video game time!

Here in Ireland, I don't think I will be able to watch? Even if I could find it on satellite tv , could I spare an hour at this busy old time for avid viewing though , Ok I don't really need to watch or  listen  too hard to keep up with the fascinating and exclusive reveals ..so I could be making mince pies ,wrapping presents and icing the cake while viewing for all the mental agility it  will take..Anyone in my neck of the woods going to or has watched?!

3 hours ago, countressrascal said:

Sunday night football go CARDS

I need a Cardinals loss for my Panthers to get home field advantage for the playoffs so go Eagles!

47 minutes ago, ElegantMajesticPearls said:

I need a Cardinals loss for my Panthers to get home field advantage for the playoffs so go Eagles!

No way the CARDS are going to win-Super Bowl bound baby

Anna spewing out the "It was so hard" BS tonight is going to be too much. It's absolutely fucking infuriating that she says that, but is choosing to stay with Smugs, and set the example for her children, that someone forcibly touching his siblings is okay. Anna, you need to open your eyes, and leave Smugs. He's cheated, broken the sanctity of your marriage. Please don't think that bringing another innocent baby into this shitshow is going to save your marriage. It won't.

Indulging in my guilty pleasure train wreak watching ways again this evening--with my equally indulgent snarking partner daughter.  Life is good :my_biggrin:

I think they're going to tease Anna another week.  This will be ALL ABOUT JESSA/JILL.  This middle episode will test if the girls can sustain a show (which they cant), will be boring as fuck, and will have little snips of Anna enough to keep people from turning the channel.  It will be horrible.  There will be wine.

I've got a bottle of Cameron Hughes lot 421 airing out in preparation for this waste of good airtime.  I'd rather watch hoarders reruns. 

There may be a few brave advertisers stepping into the fold, but considering the spanking crayola got (and didnt even agree to) I doubt it.

given how bored I was when the previous "special dull" episode was indeed dull, I am not sure if i will watch this episode (unless there's the poor godly wife Anna finally spilling the milk ) 

4 minutes ago, tsukinokawa said:

given how bored I was when the previous "special dull" episode was indeed dull, I am not sure if i will watch this episode (unless there's the poor godly wife Anna finally spilling the milk ) 

Which is exactly why I dont think they'll air it all this week.  Anna is the only draw they have, she's the one that sells the tabloids, not Jill selling jebus.  If they show it all this week, all we have is the "Birth of the Spurge" and that cant hold an audience for an hour... 

Having seen how dull last week's special was, I won't worry about missing much if this Denver/Pittsburgh game goes to OT (not a fan of either, just love football!)

7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Which is exactly why I dont think they'll air it all this week.  Anna is the only draw they have, she's the one that sells the tabloids, not Jill selling jebus.  If they show it all this week, all we have is the "Birth of the Spurge" and that cant hold an audience for an hour... 

"Birth of the Spurge" sounds like a bad horror movie.   (Then again Jessa and Ben make Kim and Kayne's children's names look good).

16 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I think they're going to tease Anna another week.  This will be ALL ABOUT JESSA/JILL.  This middle episode will test if the girls can sustain a show (which they cant), will be boring as fuck, and will have little snips of Anna enough to keep people from turning the channel.  It will be horrible.  There will be wine.

I've got a bottle of Cameron Hughes lot 421 airing out in preparation for this waste of good airtime.  I'd rather watch hoarders reruns. 

There may be a few brave advertisers stepping into the fold, but considering the spanking crayola got (and didnt even agree to) I doubt it.

Hope you are right about the advertisers and fear you are right about the Anna stuff.   I am again not going to watch, so I thank you in advance for the recap.  I suspect anything of value will be available online by tomorrow, and your recap will provide the context.  Thank you, Buzzard.  If I had a reliable drone, I would send you a case of Cameron Hughes lot 421.

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived