IGNORED

Jill & Jessa Special, Sunday, December 20

Coconut Flan

As far as Anna staying with the girls I think the reasons are twofold: 

1) she's required to have a headship because God forbid she realize she can run a household by herself, and they don't want her getting bored and lonely at night and going online and falling down a rabbit hole of self discovery

2) she's being punished, knocked down a peg. In her world the greatest thing you can accomplish is being a mother and running your home well and a part of that is being a good enough wife, mother, and home maker that you allow your headship to thrive in his role. She was obviously not only not good enough at it, she was terrible to allow Joshly to stray so much and fall so far. Why wasn't she joyfully available enough? Why wasn't she praying for him enough? She knew his proclivities so she knew she had to pray extra hard to keep him in godly order and she didn't. She failed in the biggest possible way, on a national stage, letting down her family, his family, their family together, and worst of all their way of life. Basically it's a "you had ONE job, Anna. And you failed, you failed as a woman, so you go sleep with the children where you belong." And they can put all this under the guise of "helping her"

its all very gross and sad

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

*sputter* b - b - but that's ridiculous! we all know jana's not really joy's mother. jill is. 

also despite reading 15 pages of this, i'm going to have to watch the episode myself because i won't believe that anna is ACTUALLY staying in the girls' dorm until i hear it from her lips myself. because that is truly just beyond my comprehension. that is too truly horrible to believe. 

Oh, you don't only get to hear it from her lips -- you get to SEE it. It's a little crazy. Looks like Anna and Mack share the double bed that was Jana's in the sort of separate area of the room, and everyone else must have adjusted accordingly.

3 hours ago, Marissap said:

I was a huge nerd when I was little (maybe still am?) but I LOVED looking through both the Sears and JCP catalog when they came in the mail. I would seriously look at every single page of that monstrosity. I would sit at my grandparents and they would joke it was the best babysitter because it would take me hours. And I would of course write a list of everything I "wanted". 

Me too. I would even calculate how much everything was going to cost when my mother won the lottery. Unfortunately, I am still waiting for her to win. 

54 minutes ago, OnceUponATime said:

I haven't seen the show but do they have lots of leghumpers like the Duggars? I'm not sure how easy it would be to detatch yourself from your reality tv fanbase if you decided to quit it for privacy reasons. By the time you probably see that, it's probably already to late. Then there is the issue that not everyone is going to respect your decision and you are going to have a lot of pressure from people asking for little tidbits of your life if not stalkers.

You just have to look at the begging from Duggar leghumpers. I sometimes wonder how many people would go on 'vacation' to Duggarville to try and catch a glimpse of the Duggars if all the Duggars went completely AWOL from tv/gossip mags/social media for an extended period of time

I get the feeling that [some] viewers acquire some weird expectation over time that they have a right to get updates about these people's [private] lives due to the fact they have been on tv so long.

Unlike the Duggars, the Kleins are actually admirable human beings. No, as far as I know LC admirers (a better word) such as myself are not obsessed like Duggar leghumpers are. Had the LC not been brought into this thread, I would have never done so. Not expecting a darn thing, if they go off tomorrow, (and all shows end), I'll just look at old episodes when I want to see them, or go to their FB sites. The LC is TLC's redemption as far as I'm concerned. As I always say, to each her own. I thoroughly enjoy the Kleins and I don't have to justify that.

9 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Jen and Bill were more successful then they show goes into. Jen's salary is good, not only being a neonatologist but she is head of that simulation center. The 2 neonatologist I know not only make over 250k but work hard for 4-6 weeks (lots of 24 hours shifts) and then get 2-4 weeks off. This could be the reason they were able to take so much time off for the adoptions and for filming.

Bill is not just a pet store owner. He has an advanced science degree and ended up starting his own business in NY. It dealt with medical supplies (?) is is worth a few million dollars. In the early episodes before kids Bill was seen going back to the business and talking about how proud he was to be able to hire people with various disabilities in his call centers. He still runs the business from his home office and travels to NY a few times a year. He admits after the kids he has someone else in NY full time running day to day operations but he is still the owner.

Bill and Jen have cut the number of episodes down a lot. I know TLC wanted more but I remember Jen saying in an interview that once they had to put a gate up in front of their home because fans wanted to meet the kids, she scaled back filming. They only had 7 episodes in 2015 and 1 at least was Q& A.

I think they would still have the same house, lifestyle and adoptions funds. A dr and a business man who deals in medical supplies and has had call centers for over a decade could afford that home and adoptions and travel.

Plus they live in TX, not Manhattan. The house they live in, while very nice, is located in a very affordable part of the US.

7 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

To all Little Couple fans.  I respectfully  agree to disagree with you.  It is my opinion that minor children should never be on reality tv.   In fact, I find Jen and Bill to be smart and educated and they should know better (than to put their children on reality tv).  My consciousness about little people and their unique life challenges has already been raised by the variety of other tv shows about little people.    How can posters who know how contrived  any and every  TLC  "reality" show is think The Little Couple   is any different?  That surprises me.

I also agree that children's ives should not be sold to the highest bidder.

12 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I respectfully  agree to disagree with you.  It is my opinion that minor children should never be on reality tv.

And in the case of the Kleins, I respectfully disagree with your pronouncement. The journey to adoption was part of their story BEFORE the children arrived. In no way was their show setup to exploit those two beautiful children. I have watched every episode since inception, and  admired Jen and Bill before they had children. I would have stopped watching a long time ago, like I did with the Duggars, if I detected even a whiff of cray cray or exploitation.

12 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Bill and Jen have cut the number of episodes down a lot. I know TLC wanted more but I remember Jen saying in an interview that once they had to put a gate up in front of their home because fans wanted to meet the kids, she scaled back filming. They only had 7 episodes in 2015 and 1 at least was Q& A.

Yes, they have been off the air for six months or so. Sensible, smart, loving people and parents here.

Something just clicked for me in regard to Anna not going home to her own people.

Going home to her parents would have equated shame on her part.  Even if he's the one who left/cheated/beat her...whatever.  Her parents or siblings might have been sympathetic one on one but from a community view...she couldn't keep her marriage intact and the shame of "going home" would be huge.  Of course there is no option for a wife (especially with kids) to live alone.  Think:  1940's-50's used up, abandoned wife, 4 room apartment, "I'll never be able to marry again".  As long as she's with his family it isn't really over, he'll come back and his daddy will make him do the right thing. They'll play the game, go through the motions until all the kids are gone...then maybe...one of them will call it quits.  

*cue the Tammy Wynette*

On 21.12.2015 at 6:08 AM, pumpkie0 said:

i have no respect or sympathy left for her after her first statement

I am always surprises when I see people on FJ stating something like this.

You have no sympathy or respect left for someone in a really difficult situation because she chose to make a different decision than you would have? (??)

Regardless of any decision I would have made, I have sympathy for her and her situation. I would never stop having sympathy for someone just because they made a different choice in a particular situation than I would have.

Do you feel this way in real life, too?

5 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Something just clicked for me in regard to Anna not going home to her own people.

Going home to her parents would have equated shame on her part.  Even if he's the one who left/cheated/beat her...whatever.  Her parents or siblings might have been sympathetic one on one but from a community view...she couldn't keep her marriage intact and the shame of "going home" would be huge.  Of course there is no option for a wife (especially with kids) to live alone.  Think:  1940's-50's used up, abandoned wife, 4 room apartment, "I'll never be able to marry again".  As long as she's with his family it isn't really over, he'll come back and his daddy will make him do the right thing. They'll play the game, go through the motions until all the kids are gone...then maybe...one of them will call it quits.  

*cue the Tammy Wynette*

Interesting points.  Quite possible that she sees going home to mom and dad as shameful, a sign of failure.   But if she's with her in-laws and with JB most likely calling the shots with Josh's "rehab", that she sees her in-law family as insurance that her husband will come home and be the right godly fundie husband, son and father.

@nokidsmom Absolutely!  I do wonder sometimes too if they didn't (for lack of a better term) "kidnap" her and the kids.  Kind of a "you're in your husbands (our) culture now, this is how we do it!"

11 hours ago, Snarkylark said:

Yes, Bill and Jen have their kids on TV. But, they had their show before their children, not because of them. Minor difference, maybe. But I don't feel they are out to make $$$ off the backs of their children as much as Duggars, Gosselins. They were pretty successful before TLC. 

Dr. Jen is a mega-control freak and will make sure the kids aren't harmed by the filming.  If you notice, every shot and location seems to be directed by Jen and part of what she would be doing with them anyway.  I think the cameras are just along for the ride, and you never see the kids mugging for the cameras like the Duggar kids do.  I kind of wonder if there is a rule that the camera people are not allowed to talk to the kids or "participate" in what is going on.  If so, smart move.  Unlike with the Duggars, who made the camera staff part of their enmeshed family.  The kids are 100% focused on the parents, not the cameras.

Jen seems to be doing this for the cash (build up an estate for her kids in case she and Bill don't make it).  Both parents are at risk for dying early.  And I think they are wonderful people, too.

10 minutes ago, Special friend said:

I am always surprises when I see people on FJ stating something like this.

You have no sympathy or respect left for someone in a really difficult situation because she chose to make a different decision than you would have? (??)

Regardless of any decision I would have made, I have sympathy for her and her situation. I would never stop having sympathy for someone just because they made a different choice in a particular situation than I would have.

Do you feel this way in real life, too?

What about if you have no sympathy because someone has always been a shitty person and keeps confirming it with every word out of their mouths? I don't care if Anna stays with him, because I always figured that the thought of leaving would never even occur to her and most women stay with cheaters anyway, but that this happened to someone who was always so smugly sure that she was doing marriage better than us heathens and therefore would never experience something like this? And then has the nerve to have a look of utter disdain on her face and blatantly lie that she respects others' views when asked if she would leave him? Yeah, I'm not losing any sleep over her suffering.

I totally admire the Little Couple. The way they handled her cancer was completely inspiring. A fine example for us all. 

And I will always feel badly for Anna. Unlike her, I do not feel Joshley can be "restored". Those kinds of feelings and behaviors don't just go away......he was clearly totally not on board with a wife and children. How can that change? At least she has a roof over her head and J'slaves around for company. Since she has not money, the "roof" is really a bid deal. 

1 minute ago, lascuba said:

What about if you have no sympathy because someone has always been a shitty person and keeps confirming it with every word out of their mouths? I don't care if Anna stays with him, because I always figured that the thought of leaving would never even occur to her and most women stay with cheaters anyway, but that this happened to someone who was always so smugly sure that she was doing marriage better than us heathens and therefore would never experience something like this? And then has the nerve to have a look of utter disdain on her face and blatantly lie that she respects others' views when asked if she would leave him? Yeah, I'm not losing any sleep over her suffering.

Anna is in a no-win situation.  If she didn't have four small children, things would be more simple.  Because she did go into the marriage honestly, I do feel sorry for her.  Plus, if you put yourself in her place, she feels she must abide by her vows to God to stick it out "for richer, for poorer.. in sickness and in health.. til death do us part."  

1 minute ago, lascuba said:

It goes back to the Christian thing and the cult they follow.

she is just now more ingrained. She will probably start to post about marriage and forgiveness come when josh is home.  So I agree with you.

i am disgusted how the girls compared themselves to her in front (at least jessa did) about being newly married and crap. Again they didn't marry their brother.  

You see that is what is creeping out of all these specials,being not or interchangeable, no individuality, the bs they have been spouting for years that all they need is each other.  Then they compare their brother to their husbands. It's sick. They all need help. Especially the husbands for allowing it. 

19 minutes ago, nst said:

It goes back to the Christian thing and the cult they follow.

she is just now more ingrained. She will probably start to post about marriage and forgiveness come when josh is home.  So I agree with you.

i am disgusted how the girls compared themselves to her in front (at least jessa did) about being newly married and crap. Again they didn't marry their brother.  

You see that is what is creeping out of all these specials,being not or interchangeable, no individuality, the bs they have been spouting for years that all they need is each other.  Then they compare their brother to their husbands. It's sick. They all need help. Especially the husbands for allowing it.

Comparing husbands to their brothers is whack.  These are completely different relationships and it shows how the messed up this family is that they can't see the differences in relationships: between father and kids, siblings, husbands or whomever. 

Now as far as the husbands allowing it?  Not sure if either Derrick or Ben have processed that the "wholesome Christian family" they married into is very messed up indeed.   Think Derrick is now getting a clue and perhaps realizing that he's got his work cut out for him but Ben still has a ways to go. 

On 12/21/2015 at 5:06 AM, YourGodIsNotMine said:

I'm not saying this lightly. I truly believe Ben is a stoner. In the talking heads, he often had that faraway look when Jessa is speaking and he thinks the camera is not on himself. When he speaks, he can't form a coherent thought.   He also is friends with former drug users. 

I know this had been discussed a lot, but these latest episodes really cement that belief for me. There is less editing of the taking heads and different camera angles than previously, and his being stoned is not edited out. 

If he IS a "stoner," I can assure you that his total lack of personality cannot be blamed on that. Smoking does not turn you into an idiot. It may make you giggle more, eat more snacks, be sleepier, or more tolerant of outside forces. But it does not make you write elementary school-style love letters, come up with stupid names for your children, nor make endless misinformed posts on social media. I know PLENTY of "stoners" who can form and articulate coherent thoughts better than their non-smoking peers. Ben, I'm afraid, is simply a product of his parents' breeding. Add to that the environment in which he was raised--don't tell me the Seewalds are normal just because they aren't exactly like the Duggars and happen to have a daughter who seems more mainstream-- and you get BIN.

1 hour ago, Imrlgoddess said:

*cue the Tammy Wynette*

I had similar thoughts as well. The Duggars are so regressive that sometimes you forget it's 2015 when you watch them.

22 hours ago, missegeno said:

At the southern women's event...Jessa interrupts Ben, who is regurgitating the standard Duggar line, to say that she will not be having 19 bio children. Not, "we'll see." She straight up says that she will not be pushing 19 kids out of her vagina, and instead reiterates the adoption thing (please, God, no). So, perhaps she intends to do some natural family planning, but who knows if Ben is on board or aware. 

AHA!  THAT'S IT!  @missegeno, you just helped me figure it out.  BJ have been talking about adoption on camera pretty much since they met, and I knew it had to be a setup for SOMETHING, not just because they are so damn godly.  And the other night, Jessa gave us the exact excuse for her going on birth control!!  They have to be without a newborn for a certain amount of time (allegedly according to the adoption agency...)  in order to be allowed to adopt!  Soooo...that gives her a semi-Duggar-acceptable REASON to go on birth control!  Then, whether ...OR NOT...an adoptable baby comes along in a year or five, she won't be pushing them out once a year like Moochelle.!   Maybe there IS hope for this one.  

Except that she's shackled to a boychild, of course.

3 minutes ago, JHeathen said:

AHA!  THAT'S IT!  @missegeno, you just helped me figure it out.  BJ have been talking about adoption on camera pretty much since they met, and I knew it had to be a setup for SOMETHING, not just because they are so damn godly.  And the other night, Jessa gave us the exact excuse for her going on birth control!!  They have to be without a newborn for a certain amount of time (allegedly according to the adoption agency...)  in order to be allowed to adopt!  Soooo...that gives her a semi-Duggar-acceptable REASON to go on birth control!  Then, whether ...OR NOT...an adoptable baby comes along in a year or five, she won't be pushing them out once a year like Moochelle.!   Maybe there IS hope for this one.  

Except that she's shackled to a boychild, of course.

I can't imagine that would be a good enough reason for BC to them.  Remember they think BC is murder.  Maybe it would be a reason for natural family planning . . . 

Well, they still have the income issue. If they want a healthy newborn, they would be low on the list, because they usuallygo to people who can't have children. Someone could still choose them though.

11 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

I can't imagine that would be a good enough reason for BC to them.  Remember they think BC is murder.  Maybe it would be a reason for natural family planning . . . 

ben could secretly get the snip. I'm not sure they could class that as murder but it might be the same as him spilling his seed (sin of Onan)

Birth Control?  But aren't they supposed to let god determine the size of their family?  Wouldn't god also determine whether or not they should adopt by either giving them blessings through pregnancy or keeping Jessa's womb empty for a year to allow the adoption process to take place?  Ben may have to do some creative interpretation of their beliefs to limit pregnancies.

40 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

Part of me feels like Jessa is the type of person who will do some mental gymnastics in order to make excuses so she can do what she wants to do. I realize she's been indoctrinated into thinking birth control pills equal murder from day one, but maybe the reality of having two babies to raise (yes, I'm counting Ben as a baby because he seems not only a few cards shy of a full deck but also pretty checked out now) will be what pushes her to toss aside some of her belief system. Honestly, I think anything is possible at this point.  

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived