IGNORED

The Maxwell girls love to bake!

SPHASH

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I missed this! I'm surprised the guy stopped. 

It depends on the shipper. My husband's business depends on Fedex and UPS every workday since there are no local suppliers. I usually get 5 or more personal ups or Fedex packages a day since retail and now even grocery shopping is so scarce. A few times over the years we have gotten some special treatment. It has been because we contacted the shipper and told them to contact the carrier. Our UPS runs pretty much 24/7 for deliveries , meaning 1 day air  by 4pm packages are usually not delivered till after 9pm.  A few times like Christmas eve we have been allowed to meet the trailers or trucks after amazon called UPS.  Christmas eve is an amazing sight to see how much our city is dependent online shopping, there were over 100,000 undelivered packages at 4pm the year I went. Another handful of times they have let me met the truck at the high school which gets early deliveries but again always the shipper requesting it for me. If I called or tried to stop the truck it would never happen.

My best memory was not an important part for my husband's work or  needed gift, but the lengths Gymboree went to with Fedex to get my son a package. I had ordered a special first day of kindergarten outfit (some safari line) and they shipped the cool accessories separate. They were sitting in Vegas at 8am which is about 2 hours away. Gymboree called Fedex and had it put on the fast small truck (the one that usually brings urgent medical supplies and special express packages and drives through the gorge, I still till this day can't believe Gymboree got my box on this truck). The Fedex truck met me at the school parking lot just in time for afternoon class to start. My son was son excited and still has that safari wallet.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, kpmom said:

ITA  Especially since they featured her on the year end blog post.

You really, really wonder where in hell they came up with that idea.  And how did they get the county fair people to agree to this?

Imagine the hours they spent looking for a clown costume that had a skirt as traditionally they wear baggy trousers.

4 hours ago, johnhugh said:

Imagine the hours they spent looking for a clown costume that had a skirt as traditionally they wear baggy trousers.

And still it wasn't modest enough - they had to remove the bloomers and add an underskirt to make it non-defrauding! Take a look at here: www.halloweencostumes.com/adult-lolli-clown-costume.html

Edit. Sorry, can't get the link work from my phone but just copy that and you'll see the original sinful costume.

1 hour ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

And still it wasn't modest enough - they had to remove the bloomers and add an underskirt to make it non-defrauding! Take a look at here: www.halloweencostumes.com/adult-lolli-clown-costume.html

Edit. Sorry, can't get the link work from my phone but just copy that and you'll see the original sinful costume.

Wonder who got the precious keys to internet to find that costume?

Looks like the bloomers are still there, just hidden by the extra skirt.

Wonder why poor Anna got stuck with being the clown, was she the last one to family Bible Time or something?

Wait a second, hell is going to be dark? I thought hell was going to have a lot of fire? Fire gives light, Steve. You can't have lots of fire and total darkness at the same time.

I'm now picturing hell as the kind of little electric fire that looks like it's a real fireplace.

I bet the settees there have floral patterns and little crocheted head rests too!

I imagine hell as a place with a very rigid schedule: 

8:15 Put on the Lolli costume and bake 100 poppy seed loaves. 

8:30 Change into long denim skirt and double T-shirts and clean ceiling fans. 

8:45 Eat one animal cookie. 

9:00 Put on the Lolli Costume and dance for elderly friends.

9:15 Change into frumper and give Satan a back rub.

9:30 Read Moody books.

9:45 Put on Lolli costume and chase after UPS truck

5 minutes ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

Wouldn't this be Maxwell Heaven?? :P Or do you mean hell for us heathens? :P

56 minutes ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

Off to the prayer closet - the maxwells don't dance ;-)

On 1/1/2016 at 9:47 AM, AreteJo said:

I have no patience for this "X kid looks like she/he has Down Syndrome, Marfan Syndrome, Whatever Syndrome" that happens around here.  A few months ago the medical experts were sure that Ruthie had Down's.  This month it's Lydia.  It boils down to hating the parents' lifestyle, which is legitimate, to hating it so much that you look for faults and defects everywhere including the kids's faces, which isn't.      If it sounds like I'm hand slapping, it's because I most certainly am, and I own it.    Ask yourselves how much you would appreciate strangers speculating on the health of your children based on a picture.   I'm off this soapbox and sorry about the italics, I couldn't fix it.

I am so glad you said this.  These kids didn't get a vote in plastering their pictures and lives all over the internet, and I think it's pretty shitty to pull out our Google medical degrees and diagnose them by photo.

That Lolly costume creeps me out. Clowns in general do, but a fundie clown is somehow even creepier. Anna seems like a sweet girl, but yikes, that costume. Imagine Anna as Lolly approaching you at sunset with the wide fundie stare whispering, "Do you know where you're going to go when you die?" It's the stuff nightmares are made of, honestly. 

AFAIC, Lolly is flashy bait intended to lure kids whose parent(s) don't guard their hearts and minds as well as the Maxwells.  Hypocrisy, anyone?

32 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

That Lolly costume creeps me out. Clowns in general do, but a fundie clown is somehow even creepier. Anna seems like a sweet girl, but yikes, that costume. Imagine Anna as Lolly approaching you at sunset with the wide fundie stare whispering, "Do you know where you're going to go when you die?" It's the stuff nightmares are made of, honestly. 

I worked a 17 hour day yesterday, grabbed some sleep and did another 14 today.  Pull up a little FJ to catch up before getting some much needed sleep and...

Thanks for the nightmares!  Because that seriously is one creepy costume and it does make me afraid of where I'm going to go when I die...and of the scary clown is going to hasten my arrival to wherever that is. :) 

1 hour ago, princessmahina said:

Imagine Anna as Lolly approaching you at sunset with the wide fundie stare whispering, "Do you know where you're going to go when you die?" It's the stuff nightmares are made of, honestly. 

That was my first thought when they put those pics up.  I wonder how many kids ran away screaming :pb_eek:.  It's all very Pennywise the Dancing Clown.  But without the dancing.

21 hours ago, albanuadh_1 said:

I believe Anna has "the heart" for children...

But she's not allowed to have children. The hipocrisy...

That " lolly the clown" looks like the girl from Lazytown... 

Sorry for the delay in posting this, but the Wall Street Journal had an article on Nathan Maxwell's Family. Their family was interviewed regarding the healthcare law exemptions.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/fewer-uninsured-face-fines-as-health-laws-exemptions-swell-1407378602

The article is over a year old, but I thought it was worth sharing.

Nathan Maxwell, center, doesn't expect to pay a penalty for lacking insurance because he and his family are in a health-care sharing ministry.

Nathan Maxwell, 37, also doesn't expect to pay the penalty. He belongs to a health-care sharing ministry, which is exempt under the law.

"You join the program and monthly you're assigned a predetermined share of another member's medical bill," said Mr. Maxwell, founder of ITonRamp, a Christian training resource focused on computer skills and based in Leavenworth, Kan.

His wife recently gave birth prematurely to a boy who spent days in a neonatal intensive-care unit. The medical costs, which he expects could hit $70,000, will be covered by others in the ministry.

Love the plug for the now defunct ITonRamp.

16 hours ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

Wow!  Baking 100 poppy seed loaves in 15 minutes in a bulky costume?  That's some serious efficiency!

Watching a green clown-thingy chasing after a UPS truck?  I'm dying of laughter over here!  :pb_lol:

Great find, accountingstar!  For some reason, I don't recall Drew being premature.

$70,000 for Drew is just a drop in the bucket.  At least two of their other kids spent time in the NICU after birth.

ETA: Aw crap. You have to be a subscriber to read the story.

2 hours ago, Elegant Mess said:

Wow!  Baking 100 poppy seed loaves in 15 minutes in a bulky costume?  That's some serious efficiency!

Watching a green clown-thingy chasing after a UPS truck?  I'm dying of laughter over here!  :pb_lol:

*cues up Yackety Sax*

Also,  clearly hell is made of dark energy. 

Wow, I would not have recognized Nathan if I had come across that picture by myself.  I guess we are only allowed to see the most flattering pictures on their blog. Here he just looks like a slightly pudgy, balding middle-aged man. 

3 hours ago, accountingstar said:

Sorry for the delay in posting this, but the Wall Street Journal had an article on Nathan Maxwell's Family. Their family was interviewed regarding the healthcare law exemptions.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/fewer-uninsured-face-fines-as-health-laws-exemptions-swell-1407378602

The article is over a year old, but I thought it was worth sharing.

Nathan Maxwell, center, doesn't expect to pay a penalty for lacking insurance because he and his family are in a health-care sharing ministry.

Love the plug for the now defunct ITonRamp.

This makes me angry as someone who had to pay the penalty last year for being without insurance for LESS than a month and will have to pay it again because the marketplace cancelled my plan in December and my company insurance didn't go into effect until Jan 1st. Whatever insurance didn't cover for my accident last year, I'm still paying on by myself because I have what's called a job and still get screwed over. 

Archived