IGNORED

The Maxwell girls love to bake!

SPHASH

12 minutes ago, Coconutwater said:

This makes me angry as someone who had to pay the penalty last year for being without insurance for LESS than a month and will have to pay it again because the marketplace cancelled my plan in December and my company insurance didn't go into effect until Jan 1st. Whatever insurance didn't cover for my accident last year, I'm still paying on by myself because I have what's called a job and still get screwed over. 

Hey! I just wanted to let you know about the coverage gap exemption:

Under ObamaCare, you are allowed one short coverage gap exemption which covers less than three months in a row without coverage each year. In other words you are exempt for two full months, but need to have coverage for at least one day of the third month.

Important Coverage Gap Exemptions

There are a few coverage gap exemptions, one for going less than three months without coverage, one for getting covered during open enrollment, one for a coverage gap in CHIP coverage. They are all claimed on the 8965 exemptions form and don’t require an ECN number.

Short Coverage Gap

Short coverage gap — You went without coverage for less than 3 consecutive months during the year.

CODE B

Source: http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacare-coverage-gap-exemption/

Maybe you can amend your 2014 tax return.

Generally, to claim a refund, you must file Form 1040X within 3 years after the date you filed your original return or within 2 years after the date you paid the tax, whichever is later. Returns filed before the due date (without regard to extensions) are considered filed on the due date.

Hope that is helpful.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, accountingstar said:

Hey! I just wanted to let you know about the coverage gap exemption:

Source: http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacare-coverage-gap-exemption/

Maybe you can amend your 2014 tax return.

Hope that is helpful.

Thanks! My accountant did not do this last year and it was automatically taken out before the finding out how much I was getting back. 

When did Bethany morph into "Betsy.?" Abigail, Bethany, Christina (An)Drew, Wonder when "E" will arrive.

I also noted the one they force to use her middle name--Anna Marie--is knocked-up again already.

It's about time to marry another Maxwell "boy" off.

On 1/4/2016 at 7:04 PM, Handmaiden of Dog said:

I imagine hell as a place with a very rigid schedule: 

8:15 Put on the Lolli costume and bake 100 poppy seed loaves. 

8:30 Change into long denim skirt and double T-shirts and clean ceiling fans. 

8:45 Eat one animal cookie. 

9:00 Put on the Lolli Costume and dance for elderly friends.

9:15 Change into frumper and give Satan a back rub.

9:30 Read Moody books.

9:45 Put on Lolli costume and chase after UPS truck

:pb_lol: 

*dies of laughter*

... wait, why am I wearing the Lolli costume, and why are there so many ceiling fans?

I had to clean the ceiling fans at work the other day. It must be done twice a week. But the , we serve food, so we're expected to be a bit obsessed with cleanliness.

On 1/4/2016 at 3:03 PM, AreteJo said:

Nathan looks like a pudgy, balding, middle age man to me in the Maxwell blog photos.

Yep - nothing wrong with that as I happen to think there are a lot of sexy men that fall into that category (Nathan isn't one of them), but that's how he always looks.

I think I have the same dining room table ...so that's a little odd.

That last post about little girls and babies made me cringe, already preparing them for the only role they *might* be allowed to fulfill... 

On 1/4/2016 at 9:22 PM, Dandruff said:

AFAIC, Lolly is flashy bait intended to lure kids whose parent(s) don't guard their hearts and minds as well as the Maxwells.  Hypocrisy, anyone? 

I said this when they first posted it. While the reason for luring kids is different, how is it any better than some creep luring kids to a van with a lollipop? Kid's whose parents aren't as paranoid as the Maxwells are drawn to a colorful clown, then regardless of how they're raised or what their parents are teaching them, get bombarded with religious messages. I guess bait & switch is no problem for Steve God.It's not lying or anything and there is nothing wrong with exposing children you don't know to beliefs their parents may not be raising them with if it's your religion. 

ITA, it is creepy.

Remember the 2014, pre-Lolly fair when they gave out balloon animals, and Steve was proselytizing a picnic table full of kids?  No parents in sight.

That stuff pisses me off and I would have complained to the fair people if I lived in that area.

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

I said this when they first posted it. While the reason for luring kids is different, how is it any better than some creep luring kids to a van with a lollipop? Kid's whose parents aren't as paranoid as the Maxwells are drawn to a colorful clown, then regardless of how they're raised or what their parents are teaching them, get bombarded with religious messages. I guess bait & switch is no problem for Steve God.It's not lying or anything and there is nothing wrong with exposing children you don't know to beliefs their parents may not be raising them with if it's your religion. 

I couldn't agree more. Why do Christians such as the Maxwells feel the need to drag others into their cult? Can't they just live and let live? If someone else isn't a christian, or isn't their flavor of christian, so what? Is Steve afraid to be in heaven with just his family? More alone for him to spend with Jesus I guess. *shrug* :my_rolleyes:

Re: new "little girls and dolls" post just up. 

I use the word "hate" carefully -- and I hate that they put toddlers as young as Ruthanne into floor length skirts. They hobble the girls' movement--even the b.s.-crazy Victorians didn't burden girls with long skirts til puberty or so.

On the bright side, Bethany had at least a fleeting moment of disinterest in playing Attachment Mommy, by the looks of her snapshot. 

A Maxfan replies that she's baffled that her daughter chooses stuffed animal toys over dolls, and quickly  notes that the child takes very good care of the plushies.  Lest, of course, someone think that a little girlchild wasn't into all things maternal, all the time. 

Poor, fearful people. 

29 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Re: new "little girls and dolls" post just up. 

I use the word "hate" carefully -- and I hate that they put toddlers as young as Ruthanne into floor length skirts. They hobble the girls' movement--even the b.s.-crazy Victorians didn't burden girls with long skirts til puberty or so.

On the bright side, Bethany had at least a fleeting moment of disinterest in playing Attachment Mommy, by the looks of her snapshot. 

A Maxfan replies that she's baffled that her daughter chooses stuffed animal toys over dolls, and quickly  notes that the child takes very good care of the plushies.  Lest, of course, someone think that a little girlchild wasn't into all things maternal, all the time. 

Poor, fearful people. 

I think that's mainly NR Anna doing that with Ruthie. We've said before that she seems the fundiest of the women/wives, she's almost always in a frumper. Abigail, Bethany and Christina have been in floor-length skirts (well, not seen it so much with Tina) and Abigail's wearing them fairly frequently these days, but she is seven now, not a toddler. (No, I'm not saying it's OK to make a girl wear floor-length skirts, just comparing Abigail with Ruthie). Ruthie has worn shorter skirts... maybe mid-thigh?? In that infamous post which mentions Teri and Sarah going to the airport to criticise peoples' dress sense, it was mentioned that mid-thigh was the minimum skirt length, but of course they mostly just wear ankle skirts. Mary was wearing a slightly shorter skirt at her graduation. Melanie's daughters, though, have a slightly more Duggar/Bates attitude to skirt length, they've worn knee-length before. I'm guessing they'll gradually progress to the floor-length-only doctrine, but for now that side of the family seems OK with knee length minimum. I wonder what Joseph and Elissa will do with Calia, although, judging by what we've said about Elissa and her fashion sense, I'm leaning slightly more towards the Melanie route.

Do you mean mid-calf rather than mid-thigh?  I think Steve might stroke out if his wimminz wore mid-thigh skirts.

8 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Do you mean mid-calf rather than mid-thigh?  I think Steve might stroke out if his wimminz wore mid-thigh skirts.

LOL of course mid-calf! I don't know basic human anatomy. *shows self to Prayer Closet*

I noticed the ABC girls wear a lot of older Gymboree which includes some of the floor length skirts. In 2004-2008, there were several long skirts included in each season's Gymboree lines. My daughter had several of the same outfits as them. The long skirts were very popular Gymboree sellers. Of course my daughter didn't wear leggings underneath.  Are the Maxwell thrift store shoppers? or are the clothes past down from Melanie's family. Some of the 2014-15 ABC outfits were made in 2007-08. It is crazy even though my daughter is too old for Gymboree that I can spot the clothes and lines so easily. For years I played the Gymboree game, buying low and selling high, making money and dressing my kids cute.

On a semi related note, once we got a Gymboree outlet in southern Utah, I started to see many polygamist young kids wear the long dresses/skirts with the matching leggings. I am always happy to see the polygamist kids in the stretchy comfy Gymboree ditzy floral print dresses and skirts and leggings over the solid stiff fabric dresses and jeans.  Baby steps:)

Oh the Maxwells just love those pre-assigned gender roles, don't they?

Sarah had a similar post about Joshua, except construction equipment instead of baby dolls, of course.

I noticed that Those Descended from Nathan have American Girl dolls.  They may be discontinued babies but I'm sure that's what they are. My daughter and I just took a walk down memory lane and got out all her dolls and doll clothes the other night.  The dolls pictured with Bethany (Betsy? Beth? Bethie?) and Christina (Tina? Chrissy? Christine?) are part of our collection, if I'm right in my assumption.  

The one that Christina is holding was my daughter's first AG doll. She was four when she got it and loved that thing so very much. It came everywhere with us.  That little baby never left her side.  The one that Bethany is holding is part of a set of twins.  Those came out just as my daughter was leaving the doll phase (she was about eight) and they were her last AG dolls.  They are very nice (yet expensive dolls) and were a birthday or Christmas gift only for her. Occasionally she'd save enough money from chores or Grandma's generosity to buy one on her own. 

I wish the Maxwell granddaughters could visit an American Girl store.  Nathan's girls are at the perfect age to be enchanted by such a visit.

On the surface, this post with the baby dolls was kind of sweet, in my opinion; only because I know many little girls LOVE baby dolls and it did remind me of my own daughter when she was little.  However, we also have pictures of her in a big dirt pile having tons of fun with her brother's dump trucks. She had choices in how she played.  I'm sure the Maxwell "littles" do not have those choices.  :pb_cry:

27 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I noticed that Those Descended from Nathan have American Girl dolls.  They may be discontinued babies but I'm sure that's what they are. My daughter and I just took a walk down memory lane and got out all her dolls and doll clothes the other night.  The dolls pictured with Bethany (Betsy? Beth? Bethie?) and Christina (Tina? Chrissy? Christine?) are part of our collection, if I'm right in my assumption.  

The one that Christina is holding was my daughter's first AG doll. She was four when she got it and loved that thing so very much. It came everywhere with us.  That little baby never left her side.  The one that Bethany is holding is part of a set of twins.  Those came out just as my daughter was leaving the doll phase (she was about eight) and they were her last AG dolls.  They are very nice (yet expensive dolls) and were a birthday or Christmas gift only for her. Occasionally she'd save enough money from chores or Grandma's generosity to buy one on her own. 

I wish the Maxwell granddaughters could visit an American Girl store.  Nathan's girls are at the perfect age to be enchanted by such a visit.

On the surface, this post with the baby dolls was kind of sweet, in my opinion; only because I know many little girls LOVE baby dolls and it did remind me of my own daughter when she was little.  However, we also have pictures of her in a big dirt pile having tons of fun with her brother's dump trucks. She had choices in how she played.  I'm sure the Maxwell "littles" do not have those choices.  :pb_cry:

I was mentioned in a news article once, from when I was seven about to go into Year Three (second grade) and how expensive school uniforms were. It was mentioned that I used to have a Thomas the Tank Engine lunchbox, but was teased for having a "boy's" lunchbox and Mum got me a Barbie lunchbox. I actually remember both those lunchboxes, but don't remember the teasing bit. As I got older I was definitely more into girly stuff, although some of my best friends when I was really little (like preschool sort of age) were boys. It's like how Jim Boob said it's sad that Johannah and Jackson won't be allowed to be so close when they get older, or something. Seriously, they're SIBLINGS. The hell is wrong with that???

2 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I was mentioned in a news article once, from when I was seven about to go into Year Three (second grade) and how expensive school uniforms were. It was mentioned that I used to have a Thomas the Tank Engine lunchbox, but was teased for having a "boy's" lunchbox and Mum got me a Barbie lunchbox. I actually remember both those lunchboxes, but don't remember the teasing bit. As I got older I was definitely more into girly stuff, although some of my best friends when I was really little (like preschool sort of age) were boys. It's like how Jim Boob said it's sad that Johannah and Jackson won't be allowed to be so close when they get older, or something. Seriously, they're SIBLINGS. The hell is wrong with that???

Well let's keep in mind that the Duggars had a son molesting his sisters. That's got to dial up their crazy ideas about separating genders to eleven.

I worked at Justice in 2012 and they had quite a few maxi skirts and maxi dresses for girls. Tons of layering options, too. In fact we had to up-sell like hell by talking about layering. Little Madison's grandma comes in to buy her a new outfit, you help her find a cute dress ($30), a scarf ($15), and a purse ($20) that goes with it. But oh no! School dress codes! Thankfully we have a matching cardigan ($15) and leggings ($10) to go with it! Better pick up the matching shoes ($25) as well. And did you know we have buy three ($30), get two free on jewellery? And colour changing nailpolish ($20)?!

Congrats, Grandma, you just spent over $150 on little Madison's outfit, but here's the spot on the receipt that shows you how much money you mysteriously and inexplicably saved by shopping with us today!

Protip, Justice runs 40% off sales about ever two weeks (or at least they did when I worked there), and they always have a clearance rack at the back. Never buy anything from Justice that isn't on sale (unless of course you have money to burn).

There is an American Girl store in the KC metro-- in Overland Park in Oak Park Mall.  It would not be too much of a jaunt for them to take the girls there.

1 hour ago, salex said:

There is an American Girl store in the KC metro-- in Overland Park in Oak Park Mall.  It would not be too much of a jaunt for them to take the girls there.

If they went to American Girl's store, they'd have to covert Rebecca Rubin from Judaism, Josefina from the ebil Catholicism and Kaya from her Native New Perce beliefs. Couldn't bring those heathen dolls into the MaxHell household!  Frankly, I don't know how empowering the AG stores are, but the website encourages girls to explore their worlds.  The Maxwell would have none of that.  The new doll, Lea, is all about saving animals and saving their rainforest home. (You can actually make a donation to the World Wildlife Fund at the AG store online in the Lea section.)  The Maxwell heads would positively explode!

35 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

If they went to American Girl's store, they'd have to covert Rebecca Rubin from Judaism, Josefina from the ebil Catholicism and Kaya from her Native New Perce beliefs. Couldn't bring those heathen dolls into the MaxHell household!  Frankly, I don't know how empowering the AG stores are, but the website encourages girls to explore their worlds.  The Maxwell would have none of that.  The new doll, Lea, is all about saving animals and saving their rainforest home. (You can actually make a donation to the World Wildlife Fund at the AG store online in the Lea section.)  The Maxwell heads would positively explode!

And that's ignoring things like Felicity being fiercely independent, Addy caring a great deal about education and equality, Samantha being quite interested in modernity and questioning the need to be ladylike...seriously, the American Girl dolls look like sweet, modest toys, but their backstories show very well-rounded, independent girls, not submissive future FemBots.

Archived