IGNORED

The Maxwell girls love to bake!

SPHASH

my aunt sent a beautiful graduation quilt to Mary she made

What? 

So awkward, so badly written, so Maxwell.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/27/2015 at 2:54 AM, CyborgKin said:

The Maxwells would be 'interested' to learn that although I'm a Christian, I don't know where I'm going when I die. 

That's because you are the wrong kind of Christian. You need to be a Maxwell-type Christian. Nothing else counts.

2 hours ago, DaffyDill said:

What? 

So awkward, so badly written, so Maxwell.

I feel like Sarah's writing just keeps getting worse.  It's always been terrible, but now at times it's almost like a word salad.  

Do she started writing Colorado with the Modus in January, and wrapped up the final editing in June. I guess she just does all her own editing? A friend of mine is an actual published author, working on publishing her second novel.and she's been working on edits and revisions for months now. She hates it, because obviously she thinks she's done a good job writing the story, but a good editor can make or break a book. 

The Maxwells went ICE SKATING???? But... but... but isn't that a SPORT??? Not only a sport, but a sport full of teh gay!!!!!!11ELEVENTY11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 1/1/2016 at 10:47 AM, AreteJo said:

I have no patience for this "X kid looks like she/he has Down Syndrome, Marfan Syndrome, Whatever Syndrome" that happens around here.  A few months ago the medical experts were sure that Ruthie had Down's.  This month it's Lydia.  It boils down to hating the parents' lifestyle, which is legitimate, to hating it so much that you look for faults and defects everywhere including the kids's faces, which isn't.      If it sounds like I'm hand slapping, it's because I most certainly am, and I own it.    Ask yourselves how much you would appreciate strangers speculating on the health of your children based on a picture.   I'm off this soapbox and sorry about the italics, I couldn't fix it.

Same. I'm not a fan of internet-diagnosing or speculation about children (disability, sexual/gender identity, whatever). 

Fundie kids need fewer people talking shit about them.

10 hours ago, Anonymousguest said:

Do she started writing Colorado with the Modus in January, and wrapped up the final editing in June. I guess she just does all her own editing? A friend of mine is an actual published author, working on publishing her second novel.and she's been working on edits and revisions for months now. She hates it, because obviously she thinks she's done a good job writing the story, but a good editor can make or break a book. 

Everything about Sarah's books is homemade.

9 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

The Maxwells went ICE SKATING???? But... but... but isn't that a SPORT??? Not only a sport, but a sport full of teh gay!!!!!!11ELEVENTY11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's fine if they all do it together.  A one-off session? Cool. Their main issue is when a sport happens regularly, with the child away from the home, especially several times weekly, taking away from crucial family/Bible time. (Bible time, of course, being the biggie). They could meet people of the opposite gender! The others might not be Christian/Christian enough for the Maxwells! Not to mention the skimpy outfits girls wear in ice-skating competitions. Those skirts often barely cover the ass let alone go down to the ankle.

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

INot to mention the skimpy outfits girls wear in ice-skating competitions. Those skirts often barely cover the ass let alone go down to the ankle.

The outfits use to go down to the ankle back in the 1950's.  I've seen pictures. 

1 hour ago, Jana814 said:

The outfits use to go down to the ankle back in the 1950's.  I've seen pictures. 

Yeah, but not now. I was referring more to the modern day :) 

12 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

I don't think this is the first time they've gone skating. The Maxwells are what most people would think of as a sporty bunch, but they look at as physical fitness. Steve's beef is with competitive sports because competition isn't Jesus-y and takes the focus away from you-know-who, but since the body is god's temple, he believes it's his duty to take care of it (not a bad thing really, but without the god bit). So yeah, physical activity=good. Competitive sports=bad. Except when you call it a challenge (which they've done). Then it's okay because Maxwells.

1 hour ago, Jana814 said:

In the 50s ice skaters had skirts from about the knee to relatively short like half the thigh, the ankle length skirts are more 1910 or earlier. 

12 minutes ago, elliha said:

In the 50s ice skaters had skirts from about the knee to relatively short like half the thigh, the ankle length skirts are more 1910 or earlier. 

I guess I got the decade wrong. It was the 1910's pictures I saw. 

46 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

You clearly proved the point though that one can do some pretty impressive skating in a long skirt regardless of what year it was. I suck at skating and I am sure I would be outskated by any 1910 figure skater over and over even in pants.

20 hours ago, johnhugh said:

That fucking Lolly the clown again

I swear that clown is the most bizarre thing they've done for a long while (the most bizarre thing was to force that FedEx-truck to stop on the highway so they could see if the bus part they had ordered was among stuff being delivered). What the fuck were they thinking?!? Another gem from their special family brainstorming sessions????

20 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

Notice what's in Stevie's hand?  Lighting a match is dangerous and therefore only the man can do it.  Even when it's his own birthday and he's supposed to be surprised...

That picture is from Teri's birthday. She's the one that turned 60. Steve turned 64.

20 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

I swear that clown is the most bizarre thing they've done for a long while (the most bizarre thing was to force that FedEx-truck to stop on the highway so they could see if the bus part they had ordered was among stuff being delivered). What the fuck were they thinking?!? Another gem from their special family brainstorming sessions????

I missed this! I'm surprised the guy stopped. 

25 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

That picture is from Teri's birthday. She's the one that turned 60. Steve turned 64.

Oops!  I guess I projected my assumption based on her adoring gaze, figured that must mean it was his special day.  Although I suppose even her birthday is his special day in that household...

7 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

Oops!  I guess I projected my assumption based on her adoring gaze, figured that must mean it was his special day.  Although I suppose even her birthday is his special day in that household...

In their household I think is Steve and Jesus all the time. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

This incident occurred during their 2011 conference trip when Uriah's transmission was in very bad shape. The shop in Florida where Uriah was being repaired was waiting on a part to arrive via UPS. The truck the Maxwells flagged down didn't have the package, but it was ultimately found after locating the UPS distribution center.

Here is the relevant post on the Titus2 blog:   blog.titus2.com/2011/10/18/back-home/

Crazy Maxwell logic:  Wait on the Lord's timing to bring changes to your life, but go to the ends of the earth to track down a part for Uriah because SCHEDULE!

And, yes, I'm also piling on the bandwagon that says Lolly the Clown was a crazy idea.  :huh:

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I missed this, too! And I'm laughing so hard as I imagine Steve rushing up to the driver like it's an emergency! :laughing-rolling: And the driver's response at the end, when he/she is relieved to get back on the road, only to be asked, "do you know where you're going when you die?" :laughing-rolling:

2 hours ago, Jana814 said:

In their household I think is Steve and Jesus all the time. 

In that order.

4 hours ago, Jana814 said:

There is a picture of figure skater Charlotte Oelsclägel aka Charlotte Hayward on her Wikipedia page at the piano in 1916 which shows a skater in a knee length skirt.  She was in a Broadway revue in 1915 and was the first skater to star in a motion picture, The Frozen Warning in 1917.  Charlotte and her husband Curt Neumann invited the death spiral.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte_Oelschlägel

51 minutes ago, freejugar said:

I think Lolly will be back

They probably spend a bit of money in that costume, and they must think it's a great idea

ITA  Especially since they featured her on the year end blog post.

You really, really wonder where in hell they came up with that idea.  And how did they get the county fair people to agree to this?

Archived