IGNORED

The Maxwell girls love to bake!

SPHASH

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

My favorite part:

So it's not really about his heart at all, it's what the NEIGHBORS might say.... (does he have such bad reputation that seeing him at lunch with a woman would make everyone go, ooh he must be cheating on Teri for sure...?)

And the saleswoman offered to bring a male co-worker along.  If the male co-worker sat between them how would anyone think anything was going on with them?

Do his sons refuse any woman who wants to hire them? 

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, donnal said:

For some reason, whenever Sarah refers to the kids as "the littles" I roll my eyes. I have no idea why it irritates me so, but it does.

Me too. 

46 minutes ago, kpmom said:

And the saleswoman offered to bring a male co-worker along.  If the male co-worker sat between them how would anyone think anything was going on with them?

Do his sons refuse any woman who wants to hire them? 

I gather Steve would assume any man having lunch in a public place with a woman was either married to her or having an affair with her? Why else would he think others would make such an assumption? 

5 minutes ago, donnal said:

For some reason, whenever Sarah refers to the kids as "the littles" I roll my eyes. I have no idea why it irritates me so, but it does.

Well, she can't call them children. People might get confused and think she's talking about herself, John, Anna, Jesse, and Mary.

9 minutes ago, salex said:

I gather Steve would assume any man having lunch in a public place with a woman was either married to her or having an affair with her? Why else would he think others would make such an assumption? 

It's all the same fundie mindset:  If a girl shows her shoulders all the boys will get erections.  If any woman sees David Rodriguez in the flesh, they will immediately want to steal him.  If a couple kisses before standing at the marriage altar, they won't be able to stop from ripping each others clothes off.  God made woman for man and if they are unchaperoned in any state other than Holy Matrimony, sin will happen.

48 minutes ago, salex said:

Maybe he's had an affair before? Those who protest the loudest carry the most guilt?

9 hours ago, twin2 said:
9 hours ago, twin2 said:

First, love the disclaimer on top......:roll:

I just can not comprehend, how someone can equate having a business lunch with someone of the opposite sex is akin to "lusting".  It just floors me.

My company has a site a Puerto Rico, where it seems to be somewhat customary to greet one colleagues with a quick hug and frequently a peck on the cheek.  I'm guessing something like that would have sent Steve into a month long fast to atone for his 'sins'.

I go out with my friend's husband once in a while.  I have known them since I was 12 years old.  He is like a brother to me.  We just went to a wake together because he didn't want to go alone.  No one raised eyebrows.  Never in a million years would I be a party to adultery.  I had it done to me by my ex husband and I would never do that to another woman or her children because they are affected too.  If someone is going to cheat, they will cheat.  It's a mindset.  Steve Maxwell must have a cheating mindset if he doesn't trust himself to keep himself under control.  There have been very good looking men who have asked me out, but I don't give them the time of day unless the divorce papers are signed.  I won't even go out with anyone who is going through divorce. 

There is a new post up called Hello Winter. Abby looks so happy. Her smiles reaches her eyes. It was so nice to see her happy. It looks like Ruthanne joined the Aunties.

I was looking forward to the caroling post, but I was disappointed. I wanted to know what carols did they sing? Do they repeat carols? It appears that they don't carry any carol books with them so do they memorize the songs? Or do they practice the songs prior to caroling? When I went caroling, we each had our own books. Who gets to decide what songs to sing at the house? I assume Steve. How did they carry all 40 poppy seed cakes? By wagon? How long did it take to carol? Sarah provided the miles but not the time. Was Joseph the only one allowed to bring an instrument? Did Anna Marie have an after caroling party again? In 2012, she hosted an caroling party. How about video taping at one of the homes that they caroled at so readers can experience it. Make readers invested and want to come back and read. What was everyone favorite carol? That could be another blog post. In order to keep the family business going they are going to have to think outside the box. So many of the blogs that I read have done videos with music. Even ZsuZsu has done Q&As. It can be their new years resolution.

From the 2012 post regarding caroling:

We went to many homes, usually singing one verse of “Joy to the World” and ending with “We Wish You a Merry Christmas.”

16 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

I go out with my friend's husband once in a while.  I have known them since I was 12 years old.  He is like a brother to me.  We just went to a wake together because he didn't want to go alone.  No one raised eyebrows.

Ditto! I'm a SAHM. My best friend lives down the street and her husband, who's also my close friend, stays home too. He and I do things together all the time: museum trips, grocery runs, brunch, an afternoon drink on the porch if the weather is nice, whatever. Because we're pals. It's so weird that Steve is this convinced that women and men can never be platonic friends.

I just don't get his logic.  I know he has an issue with women who had higher positions then him but what is wrong with co-workers having lunch. 

8 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

It's just the photo, but Elissa looks different. You can tell it's her, but the angle/lighting makes her look different to how she usually does. Also, I notice Lydia is now referred to as "Liddy." Not snarking, I knew a girl at school who was called Lydia and she was called "Liddy" although people spelled it differently. 

Bethany and Christina look SO BORED in the group photo. 

The Lydia at your school must have been better liked than the poor Lydia at my school, who was always called Lydia Chlamydia. It's the reason I can never quite understand the resurgence of the name Lydia.

10 minutes ago, Honeysuckle said:

The Lydia at your school must have been better liked than the poor Lydia at my school, who was always called Lydia Chlamydia. It's the reason I can never quite understand the resurgence of the name Lydia.

Welp, so much for liking that name...:special-snowflake2:

The name Lydia is a pretty name, but Lydia the Tattooed Lady keeps playing in my mind.  

Lydia (and Winter) makes me think of Lydia Winders, the Brand Directior of Mojang, formerly known as MinecraftChick.

On December 24, 2015 at 11:48 AM, Peas n carrots said:

Well remember they live in a fairly small town so the police likely know he family. And also people tend not to be so hung up on not using processed foods. I just think of my family in small town Nebraska and of a certain generation they still love Crisco and packages ingredients.

Meh, it is a military town so there is a lot of transition. My parents live probably 10 minutes from them and have never heard of them. Granted, it is a lot smaller than a lot of the cities in the area. But the police officers could very well know them.

12 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I just don't get his logic.  I know he has an issue with women who had higher positions then him but what is wrong with co-workers having lunch. 

I rarely go out to lunch with just one colleague, but last time it happened it was with a man. We jokingly called it a date too (we are both in happy relationships, he has a long term girlfriend and I am married) but it was really nothing different compared to the many times we have had lunch in the lunchroom at work. 

16 minutes ago, elliha said:

I rarely go out to lunch with just one colleague, but last time it happened it was with a man. We jokingly called it a date too (we are both in happy relationships, he has a long term girlfriend and I am married) but it was really nothing different compared to the many times we have had lunch in the lunchroom at work. 

I bet your husband and his girlfriend have no issue with the two of you having lunch together.  

15 hours ago, donnal said:

I get confused when a new nickname pops up for one of the grandkids - Liddy, Betsy.  They call them the same name for months and then BAM! Suddenly there's a cute new name thrown into the mix.  I just don't know why they do that. I wonder if they are trying to see what names their readers like so they can suddenly start calling the poor children by something new.  Or, more likely, Steve has said "I'm bored with the name Lydia...we shall call her Liddy." 

13 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I bet your husband and his girlfriend have no issue with the two of you having lunch together.  

Nope, my husband thinks restaurants are mostly a waste of money so that might have been an objection to that but not who I had dinner with. 

When I was a married college student, our best friends happened to be our neighbors.  That  husband and I had a class together two evenings a week so he'd drive me to class. Granted it was just across campus, but it was winter time and dark outside so I'd just automatically meet him at his car at the appointed time each evening.  We always just talked about class (of course) and what we might be doing on the upcoming weekend, because we two couples usually did something together every week. 

A few years later, there were a couple of young single guys at our church that my husband and I invited for dinner once or twice a week. When we had children, they were like uncles. When my husband travelled for work, one or both of them was often at the house helping with the kids, fixing an appliance or helping me with car trouble - whatever family and friends do for each other.  Sometimes, if they heard me mention I needed groceries, they'd tag along and make it a huge adventure for my kids while I shopped.  Then they'd get my kids all wired up and giggly right before bedtime and walk out the door - just like my uncles used to do for my siblings and me when we were little.  It was wonderful!

*edited for riffles

15 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I get confused when a new nickname pops up for one of the grandkids - Liddy, Betsy.  They call them the same name for months and then BAM! Suddenly there's a cute new name thrown into the mix.  I just don't know why they do that. I wonder if they are trying to see what names their readers like so they can suddenly start calling the poor children by something new.  Or, more likely, Steve has said "I'm bored with the name Lydia...we shall call her Liddy." 

So I've wondered about this. The Maxwell "kids" all have such stiff, formal names. Nathan, Christopher, Joseph, Anna are (as far as I know) never even occasionally called Nate, Chris, Joe, Annie or whatever.  For a long time I thought they were against nicknames for fear of them being made into an idol or something? Except then I started paying attention to the grandkids and Abby has always been Abby, I think B and C go back and forth between their names and Bethy/Betsy and Tina, Drew seems to pretty much always be Drew, and now there's Ruthie and Liddy. And Steve himself of course. I dunno, these nicknames seem so quirky and spontaneous and un-Maxwell-like.

16 hours ago, donnal said:

Same here! It's an annoying choice of words.

Lunch!!! That is nothing!

I went on an actual business trip with an employee of mine who happened to be a man! We flew, took cabs, went to meetings, ate in restaurants. Guess what?!? At the end of the day we retired to our respective rooms. Our spouses didn't flutter an eyelash!

Too the moon, Stevie!!

Archived