IGNORED

The Maxwell girls love to bake!

SPHASH

I’m working on a post to share all our Christmas festivities, so watch for it soon.

Is it just me or is Sarah doing a lot more of these "Watch for the salad recipe, Christmas caroling pictures, the Caroling party; coming soon"?  Are they losing blog readers as well as one ton ramp customers and Chore pack buyers? Or is it a case of Sarah being busy with other things?  My feeling is that there have been more posts than usual but I would have to go back and check the archives numbers to be sure.

A quick look reveals:

Dec 2015....22 entries

Dec 2014....10 entries

Dec 2013.....9 entries

Dec 2012....15 entries

Dec 2011....11 entries

Dec 2010....16 entries

Dec 2009...15

Dec 2008...9

So a few more than usual but not a huge difference.  Actually if you look at 2010 that was a very big difference overall with a whopping 59 entries for January and 46 for February.  I added up the total entries for 2010 vs. 2015= 343 vs.172.  I guess they had busier schedules in 2010 with more to report about.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They could come up with more for the blog if they wanted to. They choose not to. Just like they choose not to do a lot of things that they could earn money from or even save them money. They could even be doing things to help other people in their neighborhood and community (like actual legitimate volunteer work to help the needy), but they chooose not to. 

Why, I have no idea. I think Steve must like boring. 

They have so little going on in their lives, I wonder what their schedules are like. There are those examples of old schedules on their blog but they feature a Teri column and the kid(s) in school columns. Wonder how it works with the older kids? Do they get to make their own schedules with Teri's approval? Or does Teri do their schedules still? 

They used to travel more giving their presentations and the blog was filled with those posts.  That probably accounts for a lot of the decline in posts from 2010 to 2015.

Now the only things that would draw readers are word of a new baby, a wedding, and the cute nieces and nephews.

I would guess even other fundies get tired of pictures of the adult live-at-home Maxwells.

What ever became of the Energize conferences they brainstormed to come up with?  It doesn't seem like they were very successful.  It seemed like their bookings dried up shortly after that.  They have to be feeling the financial pinch.

3 minutes ago, kpmom said:

They used to travel more giving their presentations and the blog was filled with those posts.  That probably accounts for a lot of the decline in posts from 2010 to 2015.

Now the only things that would draw readers are word of a new baby, a wedding, and the cute nieces and nephews.

I would guess even other fundies get tired of pictures of the adult live-at-home Maxwells.

What ever became of the Energize conferences they brainstormed to come up with?  It doesn't seem like they were very successful.  It seemed like their bookings dried up shortly after that.  They have to be feeling the financial pinch.

I always find it funny that they call them Energize! because the Maxwell lifestyle would just put me to sleep. (Even so, I find myself looking at their blog, like my fellow FJers... damn you for leading me down this rabbit hole :P )

Just now, mango_fandango said:

I always find it funny that they call them Energize! because the Maxwell lifestyle would just put me to sleep. (Even so, I find myself looking at their blog, like my fellow FJers... damn you for leading me down this rabbit hole :P )

Oh that's right, they put an exclamation point at the end of Energize, I'd forgotten.  How very exciting!!!  :tw_sleeping:

I'm the same way as you.  I find them boring as hell but can't look away for some reason.

Anyone read Steve's latest Seriously e-mail?   Ranting about fun things-web surfing, TV, movies, sports, news.

12 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Anyone read Steve's latest Seriously e-mail?   Ranting about fun things-web surfing, TV, movies, sports, news.

It's not on their website but sounds like a gem. 

45 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Can we get a sample? 

Eta: never mind I found @blessalessi post on the other thread.

jeez, Steve, how do you learn about all those things without some internet research? Saving all the fun for yourself, huh?

I appear to do everything that's on Steve's Not-To-Do-List. I want to stay informed about the world. I care about my retirement invests. I want to know what's going on in my city. Movies are my guilty pleasure and I am going to keep going. I don't want to be isolated from society.

Here are some suggestions you might consider for your “Not-To-Do List”

• News
  • Web Surfing
  • TV
  • Movies
  • Spectator Sports
  • Fill in the blank _____

My favorite on his To-Do-List is the following:

Here are some fantastic things for your “To-Do List” now that you have freed up some time:

Learn something that will help your occupation. Consider audio books if you commute. (Never stop learning.)

Steve why did you give your children such a subpar education? They can barely write. Sarah should take some writing classes at the community college. Why do you crush your children's dreams? Christopher wanted to be an EMT. (Please correct me if I have his dream wrong) Are you letting the girls continue to learn after high school? I hate to break it to you Steve, but I am required to take continuing education classes every year. Most people I know are required in order to work in their field of study. TV is not the beast, you can actually learn some interesting things. Try watching NOVA and then talk to me.

When I think of Steve, I think of the play No Exit by Jean-Paul Sartre.

The play is a depiction of the afterlife in which three deceased characters are punished by being locked into a room together for eternity.

What a pathetic, miserable little man Stevie is. I'm reminded of those tacky, mail-order kitchen wall plaques: "If mama Steve ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."

I revived Stevies email too - which was very depressing, but made me laugh.

I just cannot understand how Stevie does this news blank (I was waiting in turn at my local Waitrose, with two bottles of grape juice and I didn't hear any news gossip)

so appart from the temptation of having a BEAST in his bedroom, how does stud John function. - we all know about hotel BEASTS..... Chanel xxx  Something to thinkabout Stevie?

4 minutes ago, johnhugh said:

I revived Stevies email too - which was very depressing, but made me laugh.

I just cannot understand how Stevie does this news blank (I was waiting in turn at my local Waitrose, with two bottles of grape juice and I didn't hear any news gossip)

so appart from the temptation of having a BEAST in his bedroom, how does stud John function in The cionferance - we all know about hotel BEASTS..... Chanel xxx  Something to thinkabout Stevie?

Audio books are great,  I'm listening my way through the rather long Hell's Foundations Tremble by David Weber. 

BTW today I learned the title is from Onward Christian Soldiers. The series is actually scifi,  but most people in it don't know because they're enslaved by a fabricated anti technology religion. 

If we are only here on Earth to suffer (which I'll believe while I attempt a low carb diet), why be afraid of hell?

Maybe fundies have huge families so they never have to reach out outside of their own circle to look like good christians. They spend their time only interacting with those exactly like themselves. Because they raised them. 

40 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

If we are only here on Earth to suffer (which I'll believe while I attempt a low carb diet), why be afraid of hell?

Maybe fundies have huge families so they never have to reach out outside of their own circle to look like good christians. They spend their time only interacting with those exactly like themselves. Because they raised them. 

Maybe suffering in Hell is way worse than suffering on Earth. You thought mass shootings, giant hurricanes and Donald Trump's existence was bad? Wait till you get to Hell! It'll make Sarah Palin look like Michael Palin in the niceness stakes.

According to Steve if you don't take family bible time as a priority (not optional) you don't love your family. I guess I hate mine cause we never ever discuss about the bible...

21 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

They have so little going on in their lives, I wonder what their schedules are like. There are those examples of old schedules on their blog but they feature a Teri column and the kid(s) in school columns. Wonder how it works with the older kids? Do they get to make their own schedules with Teri's approval? Or does Teri do their schedules still? 

There is some evidence that Teri still sets the schedules of the daughters at home.  There was a blog post about one of the in-laws who was expecting and Sarah wrote that with Teri's permission. Sarah, Anna, and Mary went over and cleaned the pregnant daughter-in-law's (Melanie's?) house.  It may not be as exacting a schedule as when they were in home school but I sense that there are regular chores scheduled between the 3 SAHDs.

The "children" have weekly individual meetings with Dad, who hears from the Lord on their behalf, which no doubt has a significant influence on how they "choose" to spend their time.

On 1/7/2016 at 3:23 PM, Handmaiden of Dog said:

Is it just me or is Sarah doing a lot more of these "Watch for the salad recipe, Christmas caroling pictures, the Caroling party; coming soon"?

I am still waiting for the promised aforementioned post on the use of a pizza cutter to cut lettuce.

I can't take the suspense much longer.  I MUST KNOW!

4 minutes ago, twin2 said:

I am still waiting for the promised aforementioned post on the use of a pizza cutter to cut lettuce.

I can't take the suspense much longer.  I MUST KNOW!

Me too!

Also, I want to know What Mary Did Next at the OCC warehouse. :)

On 1/7/2016 at 6:56 PM, kpmom said:

Oh that's right, they put an exclamation point at the end of Energize, I'd forgotten.  How very exciting!!!  :tw_sleeping:

I'm the same way as you.  I find them boring as hell but can't look away for some reason.

Valium! would be better than Energize!

4 hours ago, blessalessi said:

The "children" have weekly individual meetings with Dad, who hears from the Lord on their behalf, which no doubt has a significant influence on how they "choose" to spend their time.

That's the creepiest post I've read today.

My dad has borrowed the weekly individual talks thing from Steve.  When he remembers in time.  Usually I just talk about how my job (self-employment) is going.

He also says Steve is "a good bloke" who he's learned a lot from.

Archived