IGNORED

The Maxwell girls love to bake!

SPHASH

Last week, we went on a special 12 Voices of Christmas outing.

So is this different then the time they drove around and looked at Christmas lights while listening to the 12 Voices of Christmas?  I'm beginning to wonder if they get a kickback from the company because this is the third or fourth post in which Sarah has mentioned this recording.

Looking at the pictures....Whoa!  Stevehovah's belly is straining the buttons on his shirt.  I think they are doing more fasts because he is trying to get that under control.  I'm sure it probably bothers him because it is a public display of his inability to curb his own appetites. No doubt he is the kind of guy who sneers at other people's weight problems.

Also Calia's headband flower is so gigantic it must obscure her side vision.  Sigh. She might as well learn at an early age that women must suffer for beauty, and in Maxhell looking pretty is one of the few  accomplishments a girl can be proud of.

Finally, that miniature train display looks charming.  I'm jealous that I can't go see it because I am a sucker for those tiny town layouts.  How does the great writer Sarah describe it?  Oh yeah, "neat."  Well at least it wasn't "sweet."

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I just can't imagine the embarrassment of asking the server what can we pray about for you? *cringe*

"Please pray that you're the type of fundies that understand 20% tip is expected and not the equivalent in tracts."

10 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

"Please pray that you're the type of fundies that understand 20% tip is expected and not the equivalent in tracts."

If not more then 20% considering their were so many of them. 

27 minutes ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

So is this different then the time they drove around and looked at Christmas lights while listening to the 12 Voices of Christmas?  I'm beginning to wonder if they get a kickback from the company because this is the third or fourth post in which Sarah has mentioned this recording.

I agree so many 12 voices of Christmas plugs. We get it. I guess it's a requirement to be playing a religious audio book if you are in the car with your family. Erika Shupe does the same thing. *eye roll* 

2 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Yes, well, there are all those heathen types out in the world, just crying out to be "saved." I imagine Union Station was chock-full of commuters, including working women - some carrying briefcases, some wearing pants, perhaps even some going to or coming from a business lunch/dinner with male co-workers. So many heathens, so little time...

The mind reels, I tell you. It absolutely reels!

Union Station does have Amtrak, but no commuters to speak of--  It does have a children's science museum, a planetarium, a railroad museum and a movie theater, plus whatever rotating exhibit (currently a Da Vinci Exhibit) and several restaurants/gift shops, etc.  

That said, there would be plenty of heathens about! 

And re the tip...  the upside of all of them going out together is that most restaurants around here add 18% automatically to any group of 8 or more. 

32 minutes ago, salex said:

It does have a children's science museum, a planetarium, a railroad museum and a movie theater, plus whatever rotating exhibit (currently a Da Vinci Exhibit) and several restaurants/gift shops, etc.  

Wouldn't Steve burst into flames being in close proximity to all that science?  

1 hour ago, Justme said:

Why oh why, does Chris were pants up to his nipples???:confused2:

Maybe he needs the, ummm, stimulation??  He's running at a dead heat with Nate for number of arrows--

I guess the Maxwells are preparing for their annual NYE celebration of praying and crying over their unsaved neighbors.

Steve, Steve, Steve. We all know this was no family outing but a way for you to get physically closer to all these unrelated females who go around all day like hussies, pretending to be waiting tables or playing music or commuting to work when they are, in fact, just dying to get into your pants and will stop at nothing to get to their goal.

You might fool your cult followers, but you're not fooling us...

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Don't worry, I'm sure they deflected their eyes to the ground.

Or perhaps they stood back and smiled amounst themselves, as they know the truth.*

*reference for those who didn't read about their trip to Carlsbad Caverns (http://blog.titus2.com/2010/01/07/carlsbad-caverns)

7 minutes ago, twin2 said:

Or perhaps they stood back and smiled amounst themselves, as they know the truth.*

*reference for those who didn't read about their trip to Carlsbad Caverns (http://blog.titus2.com/2010/01/07/carlsbad-caverns)

During a period of lights out in the cave to experience total darkness we were able to share. First, during a time of discussion regarding the guests thoughts/feelings on cave darkness, I shared that is one of the horrible aspects of hell. Total, complete darkness. Then, after a ranger recited a poem about light, she invited the group to share a poem or song if they cared to. We then sang At Calvary. It was well received and we felt good about being able to share without being pushy.

That sounds awful. Way to ruin a nice trip Steve. 

4 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

During a period of lights out in the cave to experience total darkness we were able to share. First, during a time of discussion regarding the guests thoughts/feelings on cave darkness, I shared that is one of the horrible aspects of hell. Total, complete darkness. Then, after a ranger recited a poem about light, she invited the group to share a poem or song if they cared to. We then sang At Calvary. It was well received and we felt good about being able to share without being pushy.

That sounds awful. Way to ruin a nice trip Steve. 

This is how I envision Steve taking a Rorschach Test

Psychologist:  What do you see in this picture Steve?

Steve:  Death

Psychologist:  What about in this picture Steve?

Psychologist:  How about this picture Steve?

Psychologist:  What about this one?

Psychologist:  And this one?

Psychologist:  And this last one?

Steve:  THE HELL FIRES OF DEATH!!! 

Psychologist:  Ok, I think we are done here Steve?

Steve:  Mr, Psychologist, do you know where you will go when you die?

20 minutes ago, twin2 said:

Ugh, that post is the worst for so many reasons.  And it annoys me to no end that the girls women went on the "easy" tour and all the men, regardless of age and ability, went on the special tour.  

6 minutes ago, twin2 said:

It was well received and we felt good about being able to share without being pushy.

Okay, he brought up hell AND sang At Calvary and he considers that "not being pushy?"  I'm terrified to think what he actually considers pushy, then.

:nothingtoadd:

I feel a bit silly for "liking" all of the posts here that made me chuckle and not having something funny to say myself.

22 hours ago, griffin said:

jingerale ( great name), i can't explain it easily, but there is a row of houses down one street and all those backyards back up to the side of their very deep backyard property.

Ahh, okay, I think I understand. And thanks! I was honestly surprised the name hadn't been taken yet when I signed up. :pb_biggrin:

4 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Is it bad that I sniggered at this... and kinda also want this to happen...? *shows self to prayer closet* :embarrassed:

Steve talks about hell like he knows it personally. What makes him such an authority on hell? It's a place that (in my opinion) doesn't even exist. The Bible is just a book, Steve! A book written by people like any other book. It's okay to enjoy a cave without bringing up your favorite book. :tw_confounded:

6 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Steve talks about hell like he knows it personally. What makes him such an authority on hell? It's a place that (in my opinion) doesn't even exist. The Bible is just a book, Steve! A book written by people like any other book. It's okay to enjoy a cave without bringing up your favorite book. :tw_confounded:

I, for one, cannot enjoy pitch-dark caves without bringing up Arya Stark's training in the House of Black and White.

18 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Are they getting kickbacks for promoting the 12 voices of Christmas? It's made several starring appearances in blog posts this season.

It might be a big deal to them because it's the only entertainment media they're exposed to. Just think, if you'd never seen a movie or watched television or listened to radio, the 12 Voices of Christmas might seem to be unusually wonderful to you too.

Their love for it says more about how limited their experiences are than its quality.

Liddy/Lydia looks "off" to me - in the photo with Mary, Liddy's face is devoid of expression.  And her features look similar to those of people with Down Syndrome.

36 minutes ago, Rosie said:

Liddy/Lydia looks "off" to me - in the photo with Mary, Liddy's face is devoid of expression.  And her features look similar to those of people with Down Syndrome.

In the photos of the C. Maxwell family snow walk, she doesn't look like that- in the header she's grinning her head off. Maybe it's just a weird photo. After all, you can't tell an infant to pose and plaster a smile on their face. Well, you can, but they won't necessarily do so. 

Yeah, I think the camera just caught her at a funny spot, she's got her hand and her face pressed against Anna's? face, I think it's a really sweet photo and she's super cute. and in other photos she looks happy and smiling. 

Archived