IGNORED

The Maxwell girls love to bake!

SPHASH

The previous facility was actually an assisted living facility but it does seem attendance has dropped with the more mobile residents.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, VodouDoll said:

How on earth do you do mountain climbers in an ankle-length skirt?

In the sure and certain knowledge that, when you trip and fall 14,000 feet to your death, you will have done so modestly.

3 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

In the sure and certain knowledge that, when you trip and fall 14,000 feet to your death, you will have done so modestly.

And that you will know where you're going when you die.

1 hour ago, VodouDoll said:

How on earth do you do mountain climbers in an ankle-length skirt?

From what they've posted, their hikes are on trails, sometimes steep and rocky, but never (IIRC) straight up the side of a mountain, or necessitating hands-and-feet wall-climbing skills. 

What do I know? I'm a flat lander by birth & travels. 

10 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

From what they've posted, their hikes are on trails, sometimes steep and rocky, but never (IIRC) straight up the side of a mountain, or necessitating hands-and-feet wall-climbing skills. 

What do I know? I'm a flat lander by birth & travels. 

Mountain climbers are an exercise in this case, if I understand correctly. ;) 

1 minute ago, iweartanktops6 said:

I think so too. My son climbed a lot of literal mountains in boot camp. He also did a lot of "mountain climbers" without taking one step upward.  I agree they would be difficult to do in a long skirt  

9 hours ago, Burpies said:

Whaa??? So, the Lord is speaking through Steve and then telling them what 'the Lord' tells him about what they need to do in their lives???? I know the kidults are all totally indoctrinated and believe this bullshit, but what about the daughters- in- law??? Don't they totally see through that shit? ? Probably not Anna Marie so much, but what about Melanie and Elissa?? I can't believe they would go along with the fact that the Lord is using Steve as his mouthpiece. And the hubris of Steve! He's nuts. Either he really believes he's the lord's mouthpiece or he's using it as a manipulation tactic to further control those children of his. He should be ashamed. I think he will be very surprised to find out where he goes when he dies.

Isn't this also what Daddy Ardnt does, in his long talks and drives with various of the manboys?

3 hours ago, blessalessi said:

For undisclosed reasons, they stopped their meetings at the nursing home and started up a new church in a retirement community.  The previous church, the Golden Living Centre just vanished from the titus2 website without comment sometime in the last year. Their former "friends" are no longer mentioned. 

The retirement community is for people who are more independent, which may explain the decrease in numbers.

I didn't realize they had moved to a new location so recently.  Wonder if one of the elderly at the nursing home went all Pollyanna on Steveola, and pointed out a the happy things in the Bible.

I don't understand why when the female childults exercise with the male childults in the gym of the garage, why they still have to dress modestly.  I wear long flowy skirts frequently in the summer, but I can't image trying to work-out in one, at least not properly...

11 hours ago, molecule said:

I was pleasantly surprised at the "Betsy made a birdhouse with her daddy’s help" caption. It was nice that she did something that was construction-oriented and that she spent time with her dad. It's a normal thing in most families, but doing anything other than a conversation or serving a family member of the other gender is just not something that the Maxwells seem to be into. Most of their stuff is "the girls did this" or "the boys worked on such and such project."

I like that as well. I'm not  surprised though because Melanie comes from a family where the girls do very physical work (and play), get dirty, and generally aren't treated like wilting flowers. The surprising thing to me is that Steve allowed it on the blog.

6 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

The previous facility was actually an assisted living facility but it does seem attendance has dropped with the more mobile residents.

I guess some of the more mobile residents are away from the centre with their families for Christmas, and those who don't can see the Maxwells coming, and get the hell out of Dodge as fast as they can. 

4 hours ago, iweartanktops6 said:

Right on. You get into a low lunge, put your hands on the floor, and then hop your legs back and forth: right lunge, left lunge, right, left, hands staying on the floor. I don't even know how they do it in skirts, but it's on their 12 Days of Christmas workout list.

Back the whole extended family thing: Sarah says "our" extended family, which would mean their uncles, aunts, cousins etc. For Sarah it is their immediate family, i.e. siblings. It would be "extended family" to the ABC girls and Drew, and to Joshua, Ruthie and Lydia, but not to Sarah. Does it get a little more complicated when siblings marry and have families of their own? Or do you just call it "immediate family plus their families"? Or, heck, just "our relatives"?

2 hours ago, VodouDoll said:

Right on. You get into a low lunge, put your hands on the floor, and then hop your legs back and forth: right lunge, left lunge, right, left, hands staying on the floor. I don't even know how they do it in skirts, but it's on their 12 Days of Christmas workout list.

I think they pose for pics in the long skirts but then afterwards get into some bootie shorts and sport-bras and get their sweat on.

4 hours ago, VodouDoll said:

Thanks for explaining. I know the exercise, but wasn't familiar with the (English) term. Anyway, that sounds like a really, really stupid thing to do in a floor-length skirt. About on the level of the little Bates girl (Callie?) on the trampoline in a floor-length dress. An accident waiting to happen.

4 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Back the whole extended family thing: Sarah says "our" extended family, which would mean their uncles, aunts, cousins etc. For Sarah it is their immediate family, i.e. siblings. It would be "extended family" to the ABC girls and Drew, and to Joshua, Ruthie and Lydia, but not to Sarah. Does it get a little more complicated when siblings marry and have families of their own? Or do you just call it "immediate family plus their families"? Or, heck, just "our relatives"?

I think Sarah is just parroting a Stevism. My guess is that Steve (and maybe even Teri to an extent) see their core, original family group as "The Family." The wives that have married in, as well as the children born of those unions, are classified as "accessories" to the family without actually being immediate members.

19 hours ago, sophrosyne said:

Cloistered John likely thinks that Superman is Jesus (or Steve).

Because Steve said so.

I bet John does know about superman.  I bet he gets up to a whole lot of things that arnt to do with death the bible or courting.   Looking forward to his next rebellious exploit that gets gets explained away as a missionary work in the blog

10 hours ago, twin2 said:

I didn't realize they had moved to a new location so recently.  Wonder if one of the elderly at the nursing home went all Pollyanna on Steveola, and pointed out a the happy things in the Bible.

You are right, wayback has them at the same place in 2013. Well, same complex, which has different levels of care, depending on need.  Maybe they were just downgraded to a smaller room in the retirement apartment section?

http://web.archive.org/web/20130611055938/http://www.titus2.com/ffj.html

The last place, Golden Living, was mostly people with higher needs, there is a post about one resident with Alzheimers. I think I read that was the place where they streamed Christopher and Anna's wedding. I'd love to know why they upped and left a place they claimed to love the elderly so much.

4 hours ago, iweartanktops6 said: Mountain climbers are an exercise in this case, if I understand correctly. [emoji6] 

Huh. I've always used "lunge switches" for that exercise. I call mountain climbers when you get in a plank and drive your knees one at a time between your arms, alternating legs each time. But the front foot doesn't actually touch the floor in "mountain climbers" as I was taught them.

I find it really cool how terms used to spread by memory and word of mouth, so people ended up with the same terms meaning slight different things or different words meaning the same thing. Now that we have the Internet, everything can appear next to everything else and you can really see these little overlaps.

Either way, mountain climbers in a skirt sounds like a special level of hell. Or a really inadequate workout.

16 hours ago, Dru said:

I like that as well. I'm not  surprised though because Melanie comes from a family where the girls do very physical work (and play), get dirty, and generally aren't treated like wilting flowers. The surprising thing to me is that Steve allowed it on the blog.

Literally, this would be homemaking. Making a home for a bird.

2 minutes ago, JesusPony said:

Literally, this would be homemaking. Making a home for a bird.

She's just working on her nesting skills.

I couldn't figure out how I missed the birdhouse picture so I went back to the family blog.  Turns out that when you enlarge the pictures and click through, several , including the birdhouse picture, are missing.  So much for their computer skills.  This happens all the time to Sarah.

Anybody want to guess what is going on with the "milk on the stove" picture?  It is so random.  You can't see anyone's face and there is no explanation.  Teri making cocoa?  Oh no wait, it is Jesse making some part of breakfast.  I can tell by the apron.  I also had to figure out for myself that Joshua is showing Betsy his sticker.  At first I thought he was shoving a mirror in her face. It is interesting how few captions there are.  I guess regular readers know everyone by sight but for the casual reader it's just "Guess who our elderly friend is?" It's Gigi, of course but again it took me a minute to come up with that.

On 1/10/2016 at 9:43 PM, albanuadh_1 said:

After I posted, I wondered if it wasn't the retirement home but I don't see any 'elderly.' Thought it might be Alyssa's doing... Oh well, I can't give up hope. lol

Was there actually any "elderly" even there?  You sure can't tell by the photo.

I wonder why they've changed places where they have  "church"?  This is the second such change that we know of.

The first nursing home closed down and they said so.  The Golden Living Centre was just deleted without trace, like the failed courtships. I would love to know what went down there.

I'm guessing they were harassing a few of the residents and someone (maybe the residents, maybe family of the residents) complained. I imagine that they can be a tad aggressive at times in order to "save the elderly". 

Archived