IGNORED

The Maxwell girls love to bake!

SPHASH

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Christmas post is up! Someone needs to check this for me because I can't believe my eyes! Did I really see a CHRISTMAS TREE?

I think the tree is in the retirement community lounge.  Sarah is playing the same piano that we saw in the last set of photos. 

The Maxhouse has some greenery with lights wrapped around a wooden bench, in the background of one of the "at home" photos, but no tree.

Just now, blessalessi said:

I think the tree is in the retirement community lounge.  Sarah is playing the same piano that we saw in the last set of photos. 

The Maxhouse has some greenery with lights wrapped around a wooden bench, in the background of one of the "at home" photos, but no tree.

Smart.  Least they don't have to schedule taking it down.  Planned on doing mine today but it's still taunting me with my laziness. 

36 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Christmas post is up! Someone needs to check this for me because I can't believe my eyes! Did I really see a CHRISTMAS TREE?

I think the picture with theChristmas tree is from the nursing home. 

After I posted, I wondered if it wasn't the retirement home but I don't see any 'elderly.' Thought it might be Alyssa's doing... Oh well, I can't give up hope. lol

I'm suprised that Stevie allowed Stud John to wear a superman t-shirt during what Poor Sarah described as "we Maxwell kids do a 12 Days of Christmas workout"

I will never understand how they can do workouts in a long skirt. Weights and stuff maybe, but not "box jumps" like we know they do. That's just an accident waiting to happen.

5 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I will never understand how they can do workouts in a long skirt. Weights and stuff maybe, but not "box jumps" like we know they do. That's just an accident waiting to happen.

Exactly! I know there are Orthodox and Muslim women who work out in skirts, but those tend to hit just at the calves, keeping the ankles and feet clear if they want to jump, and as someone who was on a 50s throwback kick when she bought her work wardrobe and was always running to catch the train, I can tell you that running in a calf-length skirt is not dangerous at all...unless you run over one of those subway grates in the sidewalk, in which case you'll look like a really sweaty, frantic Marilyn Monroe! But it seems like the Maxwell ladies wear ankle-length, which makes me nervous.

4 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Whoa, I didn't even notice that Superman shirt until now! Go John! I hope you read comic books!

Cloistered John likely thinks that Superman is Jesus (or Steve).

Because Steve said so.

5 minutes ago, sophrosyne said:

Cloistered John likely thinks that Superman is Jesus (or Steve).

Because Steve said so.

Possibly. But I have a hard time seeing Steve being okay with any sort of comic book. 

The "children" have weekly individual meetings with Dad, who hears from the Lord on their behalf, which no doubt has a significant influence on how they "choose" to spend their time.

Whaa??? So, the Lord is speaking through Steve and then telling them what 'the Lord' tells him about what they need to do in their lives???? I know the kidults are all totally indoctrinated and believe this bullshit, but what about the daughters- in- law??? Don't they totally see through that shit? ? Probably not Anna Marie so much, but what about Melanie and Elissa?? I can't believe they would go along with the fact that the Lord is using Steve as his mouthpiece. And the hubris of Steve! He's nuts. Either he really believes he's the lord's mouthpiece or he's using it as a manipulation tactic to further control those children of his. He should be ashamed. I think he will be very surprised to find out where he goes when he dies.

17 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Possibly. But I have a hard time seeing Steve being okay with any sort of comic book. 

Agreed.  In fact, I suspect the chidults may not even know who superman is

5 minutes ago, Burpies said:

Whaa??? So, the Lord is speaking through Steve and then telling them what 'the Lord' tells him about what they need to do in their lives???? I know the kidults are all totally indoctrinated and believe this bullshit, but what about the daughters- in- law??? Don't they totally see through that shit? ? Probably not Anna Marie so much, but what about Melanie and Elissa?? I can't believe they would go along with the fact that the Lord is using Steve as his mouthpiece. And the hubris of Steve! He's nuts. Either he really believes he's the lord's mouthpiece or he's using it as a manipulation tactic to further control those children of his. He should be ashamed. I think he will be very surprised to find out where he goes when he dies.

I believe the meetings are only with the chidults who are living at home unmarried.

9 minutes ago, Burpies said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand this is why we call the Maxwells a miniature cult.

25 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I agree! (I was being cheeky above, imagining a Nike moment at Costco years ago when young John's eyes alit, not on an immodestly dressed woman, but on a Superman lunchbox or pjs, and Steve, doing damage control, told young John that Superman was Jesus (or Steve himself), leaving poor John ever since to think that the shirt with the big S is for Savior (or Steve). Or so it might be in the Truman Burbank World that is Maxhell.)

Sarah is late with the 2015 Christmas post. The 2014 Christmas post was posted on January 4th. What took her so long to post? Dusting?

I checked and it is the same retirement home that they have been going to.

Here's a photo from the cinnamon bun post:

DSC_2851.jpg

From the Christmas post:

DSC_3641.jpg

It's strange that there are no elderly in the photo.

Last year (2014) the family was in a different location and appears to have a bigger turnout:

IMG_5360.jpg

There is a 12 Days of Christmas workout. I remember Sarah posting about the workout previously, but I was unable to locate the post.

Here is an example of a 12 Days of Christmas workout:

12-Days-of-Christmas-Workout-Infographic

I love that favorite grandson Joshua is on Steve's lap and Drew on sitting on Teri's.

I am surprised that the family hasn't purchased a Little People Nativity given the number of small children in the house. Even RV mom who wants to go to Africa, Selina, recommends it. It's adorable.

IMG_2101

I was pleasantly surprised at the "Betsy made a birdhouse with her daddy’s help" caption. It was nice that she did something that was construction-oriented and that she spent time with her dad. It's a normal thing in most families, but doing anything other than a conversation or serving a family member of the other gender is just not something that the Maxwells seem to be into. Most of their stuff is "the girls did this" or "the boys worked on such and such project."

There was speculation on this board over why there aren't any close-ups of Lydia and... bang here she is.

:hello:, Steve, lovely to see you around here!

Do you think Sarah always chooses pictures with Dad on the left and mom on the right so she can label then Dad and Mom with Steve named first? I funny know why, and maybe it's just me, but Dad and Mom sounds wrong, asked. Don't most people say mom and dad?

Not only do the girls wear extra long skirts to work out, but they are some heavy woven fabric like denim. No stretchy cotton.

I really need someone to explain to Sarah the term "immediate family". Just because her brothers married and no longer live at home doesn't mean they are extended family instead of immediate family. How can Nathan and Christopher not be a part of their parents immediate family? It doesn't get any closer than parent and child. This just irritates me every time she writes it. 

I do like Teri's jacket. I would wear it but in a different color. 

5 hours ago, accountingstar said:

Last year (2014) the family was in a different location and appears to have a bigger turnout:

For undisclosed reasons, they stopped their meetings at the nursing home and started up a new church in a retirement community.  The previous church, the Golden Living Centre just vanished from the titus2 website without comment sometime in the last year. Their former "friends" are no longer mentioned. 

The retirement community is for people who are more independent, which may explain the decrease in numbers.

Archived