IGNORED

Jinger and Lawson courting?

SPHASH

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have come out of lurkerdom to contribute this story for press. ;) Jinger and Lawson started official courtship this week with family filming for BUB.

1. Lawson Bates has been visiting the TTH the past few days. (Evidence is on twitter).

2. Gil and Kelly made a secret trip to Little Rock from Chicago. Duggar plane picked them up and flew them to Springdale.  (Evidence of Chicago visit is on Bates Instagram) (Evidence on Duggar flight is on flight plan)

3. A similar secret trip took place to get Gil and Kelly to Washington for Michael's engagement filming for BUB. (Evidence  is on BUB engagement show).

Hmmmm. 

I've been lurking forever, but I finally made an account because I liked this theory enough to do some digging of my own.  Between the Duggar plane's arrival and departure from Little Rock that day (November 2 I think it was) there actually was a flight that landed from O'Hare. It arrived about an hour before the Duggar plane returned home. (Source: Flightstats.com)

Also, UPtv loads little videos during football season where Lawson and Trace discuss the upcoming Vol games. They usually film all over the Bates estate and it doesn't look like it is done with a stationary camera. That week the "Bates Sports Network" video was filmed in front of a mysterious location masking screen. Lawson is wearing the same shirt he had on in his video of him Superman jumping in the Duggar boys' bedroom. That kind of indicates that UPtv had cameras at the Duggar house during that last trip.  I totally think something official happened! (Source: Lawson's Twitter and UPtv Twitter)

As for the hinting and not denying of rumors, I can't really hold it against Lawson. Officially courting in anticipation of marriage is like the biggest thing that will happen for these kids until they start birthing blessings. It must suck to be excited about life changing news and be contractually obligated to keep it a secret for ratings. :/

I don't think any fundy name, at all, and I hate a LOT of them, is as bad as Spurgeon.

How quickly we forget our little friend from Alaska, Vision O'Yahweh!

I still think Vision O'Yahweh is better than Spurgeon. Vision O'Yahweh can be pretty easily shortened. She (it is a girl, right?) could go by 'Vi' or even 'Vision' - quirky, weird, out there, but not 'WTF that is hideous' like Spurgeon. Spurgeon has no options. What's he going to call himself? 'Spurge'? He can't go by his initials. He's SOL unless he switches to his middle name.

I've been lurking forever, but I finally made an account because I liked this theory enough to do some digging of my own.  Between the Duggar plane's arrival and departure from Little Rock that day (November 2 I think it was) there actually was a flight that landed from O'Hare. It arrived about an hour before the Duggar plane returned home. (Source: Flightstats.com)

Also, UPtv loads little videos during football season where Lawson and Trace discuss the upcoming Vol games. They usually film all over the Bates estate and it doesn't look like it is done with a stationary camera. That week the "Bates Sports Network" video was filmed in front of a mysterious location masking screen. Lawson is wearing the same shirt he had on in his video of him Superman jumping in the Duggar boys' bedroom. That kind of indicates that UPtv had cameras at the Duggar house during that last trip.  I totally think something official happened! (Source: Lawson's Twitter and UPtv Twitter)

As for the hinting and not denying of rumors, I can't really hold it against Lawson. Officially courting in anticipation of marriage is like the biggest thing that will happen for these kids until they start birthing blessings. It must suck to be excited about life changing news and be contractually obligated to keep it a secret for ratings. :/

I did notice the football video!  I'm so excited about the flight from O'Hare. I'm glad someone else agrees with me. :) Thanks for checking all this out.

I did notice the football video!  I'm so excited about the flight from O'Hare. I'm glad someone else agrees with me. :) Thanks for checking all this out.

I had all my dates and sources mapped out, but it took a while for my account to be approved so I didn't get around to including everything when I was finally able to post. It actually surprised me to see how many visits there were between the two families in the past two months, once I started comparing the dates on the pics and videos.  It looks like at least 3 separate visits within about 6 weeks. That's a lot for these people!

I wanna know how the Lawson lawn care empire is going to pay rent on a lovenest, Jinger's self-tanner addiction, and a future family of kids, since Lawson spends most of his time  travelling or showing off. {And even if he sells a few music downloads, I doubt that he's made enough to offset the recording costs, & he doesn't seem to be making a dime off his very few live performances).

The Bates don't have extra properties lying around like the Duggars do.

Oh--and since according to her momma, Jinger must live by a Walmart--it looks like the nearest Walmart to the Bates compound is 6-7 miles away in Clinton, TN.

I wanna know how the Lawson lawn care empire is going to pay rent on a lovenest, Jinger's self-tanner addiction, and a future family of kids, since Lawson spends most of his time  travelling or showing off. {And even if he sells a few music downloads, I doubt that he's made enough to offset the recording costs, & he doesn't seem to be making a dime off his very few live performances).

The Bates don't have extra properties lying around like the Duggars do.

Oh--and since according to her momma, Jinger must live by a Walmart--it looks like the nearest Walmart to the Bates compound is 6-7 miles away in Clinton, TN.

It's kind of like wondering how Bin and Derick will support their wives. I don't think the Duggars worry that much about it. They say one thing and do another.

I have mixed feelings about this idea of a courtship between Jinger and Lawson. Yeah, I want Jinger is fly away, go to college, and have some choices about her life. Yet I do realize that may be a far off dream due to her ultra religious upbringing. But at least marrying a less fuddie guy that lives in a bigger city (as she said she wanted) to allow her to get out into the real world and mix with a diverse group of people. Lawson seems fine, but he is the same breed of fuddie who lives in a small town. She is going to be trapped there. Jinger had such spirit. Sigh. 

If they do announce a courtship between Jinger and Lawson I want to see it. Does anyone get the channel that shows the Bringing Up Bates TV show? Would you like to copy the show onto YouTube?  

Sorry if this has been answer a jillion (see what I did there?) times, but how does one watch the Bateseses' show? I am pretty sure that none of the cable providers around these parts have the Up network...

If they do announce a courtship between Jinger and Lawson I want to see it. Does anyone get the channel that shows the Bringing Up Bates TV show? Would you like to copy the show onto YouTube?  

It will be shown on Jessa's birth special on TLC, if there really is a courtship announcement.  He was at the Duggar's house two weeks ago.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2538451/new-courtships-in-duggar-family-promised-by-years-end

Great deBates! Lawson and Trace answer the dream girl or dream career question...  http://uptv.com/shows/bringing-up-bates/videos/the-great-debates-dreams-come-true/

You know what was scary about this video?  It was how much Lawson reminded me of Ben with his hand gestures and speech.  Trace seemed to change every answer to line up with Lawson.  It's OK to have your own opinion Trace.

Great deBates! Lawson and Trace answer the dream girl or dream career question...  http://uptv.com/shows/bringing-up-bates/videos/the-great-debates-dreams-come-true/

It perturbs me how enjoyable that video was. These people are ignorant by choice with a scary, scary belief system. They don't believe I have a right to bodily autonomy, they don't believe I have a right to marry whoever I damn well please, they don't believe I should work outside the home, and they don't believe that the earth is older than 6,000 years, among many other issues.

These people are bad people no matter how candid and nice they seem on TV.

It will be shown on Jessa's birth special on TLC, if there really is a courtship announcement.  He was at the Duggar's house two weeks ago.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2538451/new-courtships-in-duggar-family-promised-by-years-end

Amazingly, I enjoyed this article. Is this inquisitr site exclusively Duggar oriented or do they cover other things too? They seem to be all over the Duggars. Those are not official Duggar or Bates sites they quote, so they can't be that reputable.

I still think Vision O'Yahweh is better than Spurgeon. Vision O'Yahweh can be pretty easily shortened. She (it is a girl, right?) could go by 'Vi' or even 'Vision' - quirky, weird, out there, but not 'WTF that is hideous' like Spurgeon. Spurgeon has no options. What's he going to call himself? 'Spurge'? He can't go by his initials. He's SOL unless he switches to his middle name.

Plenty of people go by their middle names. In college I knew a girl who went by her middle name because she felt it just fit her better than her first name (and it was more memorable/unique than her first name), and a guy who went by his middle name because he liked that it was alliterative with his last name. I also knew a girl who would use her more common middle name at Starbucks because none of the baristas could spell her more uncommon first name. I'm sure Surgin' Spurgeon won't have too much issue going by Elliot (which I love as a name for a boy or a girl).

You know what was scary about this video?  It was how much Lawson reminded me of Ben with his hand gestures and speech.  Trace seemed to change every answer to line up with Lawson.  It's OK to have your own opinion Trace.

Lawson is not as bad as Bin. Bin I lose brain cells waiting for him to spit out his answer. When he talks, I can't understand what point he is trying to make.

That's actually a really good point. The 'teasing' could be more 'not allowed to say anything'. 

Amazingly, I enjoyed this article. Is this inquisitr site exclusively Duggar oriented or do they cover other things too? They seem to be all over the Duggars. Those are not official Duggar or Bates sites they quote, so they can't be that reputable.

They're a trashy tabloid site, they cover everything.

personally, I never believe anything they say, even if I sometimes want to.

Plenty of people go by their middle names. In college I knew a girl who went by her middle name because she felt it just fit her better than her first name (and it was more memorable/unique than her first name), and a guy who went by his middle name because he liked that it was alliterative with his last name. I also knew a girl who would use her more common middle name at Starbucks because none of the baristas could spell her more uncommon first name. I'm sure Surgin' Spurgeon won't have too much issue going by Elliot (which I love as a name for a boy or a girl).

I literally cannot imagine a scenario where a guy would choose to keep calling himself Spurgeon. Unless his parents brainwashed and guilt tripped him so much that he had some major complex about it, which I could see happening. "Spurgeon! What's this about you telling everyone your name is Elliott? We named your SPURGEON for a reason, it's after the great CHARLES SPURGEON, a wonderful heroic Calvinist Christian! What's wrong with the name SPURGEON? Do you think Calvinism is WRONG? Are you sinning in your HEART? Are you DOUBTING God? Are you DISHONOURING your mother and your father? How could you do this to us, Spurgeon?!"

God, it even sounds like a joke.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived