IGNORED

Jinger and Lawson courting?

SPHASH

At recently 18, Joy is very young.  If we're pairing Bates boys and Duggar girls based on ages, it would be Nathan and Jinger or Trace and Joy.  

As for the other Bates couples, with the exception of Brandon and Michael, there's a 4-5 year age difference between them (in all cases she's younger).  

I'm thinking Nathan is already in a courtship with that girl named Ashley from New York.  They're probably just enjoying stringing us along by not denying with certainty that there's no Duggar/Bates thing happening. Stay tuned! 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking Nathan is already in a courtship with that girl named Ashley from New York.  They're probably just enjoying stringing us along by not denying with certainty that there's no Duggar/Bates thing happening. Stay tuned! 

I think Nathan is off the market too.   2016 will be an interesting year for the Bates family as I think it's going to bring 2 courtships/weddings and the next round of grandchildren (I think baby Keilen will be the first pregnancy announced followed shortly by an announcement that adorable Bradley will be a big brother).  

But in terms of the Duggar/Bates pairing.  It might be something completely out of left field, like Joseph with Tori or Carlin (comes of age in the spring).  

Scuse this mess of a post..  Hopefully I can edit it after I hit the button.  :5624797d9ac10_HomerSimpsonissuingdoh:
I swear this afternoon an instagram account appeared under JoyADuggar.  It said "official" and had over 1200 followers; "Joy" was following 10 people.  "It said Joy Anna Duggar of 19 Kids".  It looked real to me, but alas it's disappeared (I just went to look for it).  "She" only made one post, and it was the one of Josie playing the piano.
My apologies for any confusion, but it WAS there.  

so there is this account: https://www.instagram.com/joy_annaduggar/ this one says it is part of @‌Duggarfam and it is private.

And this one: https://www.instagram.com/joyannaduggar/  still up and running.

both could be fake or ran by fans. There are other joy accounts but some say fan fic and other say fan so those are easy to identify.

edit to say- I believe you things disappear quickly when we find possible good sources :)

I dont know, the fact that the profile page has a picture of her and a BOY (sidehugging) screams as suspicious to me.  Unless she is courting this unnamed male... 

joyinsta.jpg

I dont know, the fact that the profile page has a picture of her and a BOY (sidehugging) screams as suspicious to me.  Unless she is courting this unnamed male... 

joyinsta.jpg

That's Joe. :-)

joyinsta.jpg

Pretty sure that's her brother?

So account isn't following anyone but has 52 posts.  Is that normal?  Can someone who has instagram see if anyone we know of is following this acct?  JIll and Jessa didn't get theirs til engagement.  Well Jessa got hers before but didn't start posting til she was officially engaged I think.  It would be strange if this was really Joy unless she's about to become engaged (which I really hope is not the case.)

OK, just saw that Jessa started posting a few months before her engagement but was in the relationship for 8 or 9 months by then.

So account isn't following anyone but has 52 posts.  Is that normal?  Can someone who has instagram see if anyone we know of is following this acct?  JIll and Jessa didn't get theirs til engagement.  Well Jessa got hers before but didn't start posting til she was officially engaged I think.  It would be strange if this was really Joy unless she's about to become engaged (which I really hope is not the case.)

Jessa posted long before she was offiially engaged.

... and Josiah got his IG (and started posting) as soon as they announced his courtship (which apparently was pretty close to the actual beginning of the courtship).

I requested to follow. We'll see if I'm accepted!

Although none of the other family members are following her that I can tell so my guess is it's fake.

I figured Josiah got to have one earlier because he's a guy.  I thought after his courtship didn't work out JB and Michelle would ask (require) future courtshiipping kids to wait before creating their own account.

With speculation regarding the Bates posting about Joy: The Bates are trying to come off as normal. Normal families kids have friends. Seems like it could simply be from a marketing standpoint as much as anything else.

As for Joe and Tori -that wouldn't be out of left field at all, in fact we've been talking about it since Joe went off to Clown College. Joy and Trace would seem out of left field, but purely because she made comments about not wanting to court for a long time and wanting to have a long get-to-know you phase.

Granted, "a long time" in our world vs. in fundie world could be very different. We also don't know if Jill leaving her left kind of an empty hole that she's thinking "Maybe I should court."

OK, just saw that Jessa started posting a few months before her engagement but was in the relationship for 8 or 9 months by then.

I have IG and what @Buzzard  posted is all I can see when I am logged into IG.

Could a private account be a compromise with J'Chelle and Boob? Maybe she wanted an IG account despite not being in a Courtship and they agreed she could have one if it was Private?

And saying this really reinforces how ridiculous this whole cult is. An adult woman should not need permission from her parents to have an instagram account! 

so there is this account: https://www.instagram.com/joy_annaduggar/ this one says it is part of @‌Duggarfam and it is private.

And this one: https://www.instagram.com/joyannaduggar/  still up and running.

both could be fake or ran by fans. There are other joy accounts but some say fan fic and other say fan so those are easy to identify.

edit to say- I believe you things disappear quickly when we find possible good sources :)

I think this is her Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/joyaduggar

I think that Twitter is a fan account. None of the Duggars are following it, even though it's first post is from September 2014. Plus, she doesn't tweet anything to her family, which is odd for any Duggar offspring to not do. 

Would it make sense for Joy to have an account but not Jana?

I believe there are fan accounts for many of the older Duggar and Bates kids. 

Would it make sense for Joy to have an account but not Jana?

I believe there are fan accounts for many of the older Duggar and Bates kids. 

Could be that Jana doesn't want one.....but Joy having one before Jinger makes no sense. You think being a photographer, Jinger would really want one (and be allowed, it would be good publicity and we all know Boob is about that publicity!). 

... and Josiah got his IG (and started posting) as soon as they announced his courtship (which apparently was pretty close to the actual beginning of the courtship).

The difference between Josiah's insta and the girls' insta is that both of the girls who have made accounts so far have done so using their SO's last name. So Josiah could make an insta as "SiDuggar" and if the courtship went south, it would still be fine, but if "JessaSeewald" existed and then the two of them ended their courtship it would be awfully awkward. 

Moving forward with that idea, if the girls deleted their instas after breaking up with their Marjories and made new ones with their new beaus later, there would be rumours of lost heart pieces or that they're just using their beau-du-jour's last names willy nilly.

And they obviously can't make their instas using "Duggar" as their surname because they're not considered real live adult humans capable of making decisions agreeing with their headships until they're married off.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived