IGNORED

Jinger and Lawson courting?

SPHASH

It was ages ago on the TWOP boards after the Bates starting appearing on TV with the Duggars. People interpreted certain camera shots and interviews as hints of a courtship in the works. I remember it being a popular theory around the time of Josh's wedding special.

I started reading Freejinger around the time of Erin's wedding.  Chad is so different from JD.  Can't imagine Erin and JD as a couple.  I thought there was speculation about him with Michaela before we found out about Brandon.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Lawson and Jinger are courting. I remembered ages ago that people  were convinced John-David and Erin were courting! Then it was Jana and Zach. There probably will be a Bates-Duggar union in the future, but it will be between the younger kids.

I get the feeling Lawson is enjoying the single life right now. He might not get to travel and play country singer if he got married. Instead, he would have to resume his lawn care business in order to support a wife and growing family. It's more beneficial for him to wait.

If a Duggar girl marries into the Bates family, it's going to be Joy.  She's already super close to the family (they posted a happy birthday message to her, which I've never seen them do for anyone who's not a kid/ kid in law) as Carlin's BFF.   (Maybe down the line a Lost Girl might show interest in a Bates boy, but I'm not speculating on elementary school age kids romantic prospects)

It was ages ago on the TWOP boards after the Bates starting appearing on TV with the Duggars. People interpreted certain camera shots and interviews as hints of a courtship in the works. I remember it being a popular theory around the time of Josh's wedding special.

JD stayed on with the Bates a couple of months after the Duggars went to help build their giant house addition.  The story was that JD was continuing to help with construction, which I don't doubt, but this of course fueled a lot of speculation that he was there to get to know Erin (or Michaela) better as well.

John David spent a lot of time with the Bates while they were remodeling the Bates house. This would have been when there were no cameras around. My thought was always that he may have been interested in Michael. I thought Erin was too spunky for him and Michaella was camera shy.  

Eta... This was always just my suspicion.

Ugh, the thought of pretty Erin ending up with John-David.

Still, there's arguably a lot more evidence with Lawson and Jinger considering the photobombs, them standing next to each other, the deleted videos, the obscured locations. It's not just based on a few camera shots, it's based on stuff they themselves have posted.

I am open to the idea that Jinger and Lawson are deliberately screwing with us all. On the other hand, it seems like faking a courtship for teh lulz  would be a dangerous thing in fundyland...

Thoughts about a Lawson/Joy courtship?
I've read a little speculation here in the past, but it would appear that Joy now has an instagram, and in Duggarville that probably means a courtship.  It's also interesting that the Duggar FB page today posted a photo of Joy (with a horse), for no particular reason, which is kinda odd.  Oh and, there was Lawson's trip to the TTH which coincided with Joy's 18th birthday.

I can see a fan page IG but I do not have IG myself so perhaps it's private.? Was it a real Joy Anna IG page?

i hope this is not true, she is so so young. This makes me feel sad.

JoyADuggar - Appears real to me.  It looks like it just went up today.

Are you sure that's the screen name? I just searched and apparently there's no one on Instagram with that name.

Well, at least she's older than Marjorie. And Alyssa started courting young- officially began a few days before her nineteenth, but was "getting to know" John for a while before that. But I get you, she is very young. And it could possibly just be a fan account or something. Also, Lawson and Jinger are closer in age.

There's a JoyADuggar on Twitter which is almost certainly fake (account was created in September 2014, I'm pretty sure they've said since then that only the married/courting ones are on social media). So I'm guessing if JoyADuggar existed on Instagram it was probably a fake account as well. 

i haven't looked at the twitter you're referring to, but a good rule of thumb is: If in doubt, it's fake. It's very, very easy to make fake accounts. If it's a real account it will be linked to from other duggar social media.

I am open to the idea that Jinger and Lawson are deliberately screwing with us all. On the other hand, it seems like faking a courtship for teh lulz  would be a dangerous thing in fundyland...

Yeah, something tells me Boob won't want anyone thinking one of his prize cows....I mean, daughters, has 'lost heart pieces'. 

Thoughts about a Lawson/Joy courtship?
I've read a little speculation here in the past, but it would appear that Joy now has an instagram, and in Duggarville that probably means a courtship.  It's also interesting that the Duggar FB page today posted a photo of Joy (with a horse), for no particular reason, which is kinda odd.  Oh and, there was Lawson's trip to the TTH which coincided with Joy's 18th birthday.

If it's Joy it's more likely to be Joy and Trace, he was on that trip too.  The horse pictures is a little interesting... 

This is my first post, I usually just lurk, but I noticed something in those videos of Lawson singing on the side of the interstate: Trace is wearing a Razorbacks shirt while he's playing football.  So maybe it is Joy and Trace...

This is my first post, I usually just lurk, but I noticed something in those videos of Lawson singing on the side of the interstate: Trace is wearing a Razorbacks shirt while he's playing football.  So maybe it is Joy and Trace...

Good catch.  There are a million explanations for it, but I like the one that fits my own pet theory. 

Plus we could cal them a  Tace of Joy or something cheeky like that. 

Scuse this mess of a post..  Hopefully I can edit it after I hit the button.  :5624797d9ac10_HomerSimpsonissuingdoh:
I swear this afternoon an instagram account appeared under JoyADuggar.  It said "official" and had over 1200 followers; "Joy" was following 10 people.  "It said Joy Anna Duggar of 19 Kids".  It looked real to me, but alas it's disappeared (I just went to look for it).  "She" only made one post, and it was the one of Josie playing the piano.
My apologies for any confusion, but it WAS there.  

Scuse this mess of a post..  Hopefully I can edit it after I hit the button.  :5624797d9ac10_HomerSimpsonissuingdoh:
I swear this afternoon an instagram account appeared under JoyADuggar.  It said "official" and had over 1200 followers; "Joy" was following 10 people.  "It said Joy Anna Duggar of 19 Kids".  It looked real to me, but alas it's disappeared (I just went to look for it).  "She" only made one post, and it was the one of Josie playing the piano.
My apologies for any confusion, but it WAS there.  

I believe you, and that is definitely weird, whether it was for real or not. 

Is the Twitter I posted above what's being discussed? It says official but I think anyone could type that in the description.

I am not trying quote Clara. Trying to fix. 

That Twitter page is definitely fake.

Interesting if there was an instagram page that went poof. Though it was likely a fake as well.

Well, at least she's older than Marjorie. And Alyssa started courting young- officially began a few days before her nineteenth, but was "getting to know" John for a while before that. But I get you, she is very young. And it could possibly just be a fan account or something. Also, Lawson and Jinger are closer in age.

At recently 18, Joy is very young.  If we're pairing Bates boys and Duggar girls based on ages, it would be Nathan and Jinger or Trace and Joy.  

As for the other Bates couples, with the exception of Brandon and Michael, there's a 4-5 year age difference between them (in all cases she's younger).  

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived