IGNORED

Jinger and Lawson courting?

SPHASH

I don't remember any talk about JD and Erin.  Was this based on seeing any pictures of them together?  I know there's a rumor about Jana turning Zach down, but again can't remember if this was based on any visual evidence.  I'm not saying that they're definitely courting but I think there's enough evidence, pictures and a video which was deleted, for speculation.

JD and Erin were the first couple or second (Jana and Zach being the other) I saw people speculating about. It came from the first time we met the Bateses. I know that Jana and Zach started because of that episode (they were playing pool and looked awkward around each other). I think JD and Erin were also featured. It's hard for me to say exactly, though, cause it's been YEARS since I saw that episode.

So account isn't following anyone but has 52 posts.  Is that normal?  Can someone who has instagram see if anyone we know of is following this acct?  JIll and Jessa didn't get theirs til engagement.  Well Jessa got hers before but didn't start posting til she was officially engaged I think.  It would be strange if this was really Joy unless she's about to become engaged (which I really hope is not the case.)

OK, just saw that Jessa started posting a few months before her engagement but was in the relationship for 8 or 9 months by then.

If someone is private, you can't see who is following them or even how many people are following them. Same if they blocked you.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JD and Erin were the first couple or second (Jana and Zach being the other) I saw people speculating about. It came from the first time we met the Bateses. I know that Jana and Zach started because of that episode (they were playing pool and looked awkward around each other). I think JD and Erin were also featured. It's hard for me to say exactly, though, cause it's been YEARS since I saw that episode.

If someone is private, you can't see who is following them or even how many people are following them. Same if they blocked you.

OK, thanks for all that info. I wasn't really watching back then so didn't get that impression.  We might be saying the same thing about Jinger and Lawson in a few years if this turns out to be nothing.  So quiet lately.  Pretty soon the Bates will have to start giving clues to get us interested in watching the new season.

New post from http://batesfamblog.blogspot.com/.  This is not the one run by Lily and Ellie but this person seems to have contact with the family.

Monday, November 23, 2015

Possible courtship update!

Back in October, we posted Possible courtship on our blog and we wanted to give you all an update! We always want to give the family the chance to give the announcement but we can tell you that it's one of the boys and it's not Lawson

We hope to share with you it soon! 

Has to be Nathan.  I will be really surprised if it's Trace.  But according to them it's definitely not Lawson. For now, lol.

New post from http://batesfamblog.blogspot.com/.  This is not the one run by Lily and Ellie but this person seems to have contact with the family.

Monday, November 23, 2015

Possible courtship update!

Back in October, we posted Possible courtship on our blog and we wanted to give you all an update! We always want to give the family the chance to give the announcement but we can tell you that it's one of the boys and it's not Lawson

We hope to share with you it soon! 

Has to be Nathan.  I will be really surprised if it's Trace.  But according to them it's definitely not Lawson. For now, lol.

Definitely Nathan and Ashley. 

Definitely Nathan and Ashley. 

Yeah, this is such a duh that I feel like the Lawson/Jinger thing still can't be ruled out, especially if that poster has any respect for the family.

While I would rather see Jinger follow her (potential) dreams of moving to NYC and becoming a photographer, marrying Lawson could be a move in that direction- after all, he does live near a decent sized city (Knoxville), and they could easily make a move to Nashville or Atlanta. 

I'm still not convinced that they'd ever court. I could see them being good friends at best, but I just don't think it would be something that would result in them courting. 

Of course, I'm still pulling for Jinger and Skylar. Lol

While I would rather see Jinger follow her (potential) dreams of moving to NYC and becoming a photographer, marrying Lawson could be a move in that direction- after all, he does live near a decent sized city (Knoxville), and they could easily make a move to Nashville or Atlanta. 

My thought is that there could be a fun spin off reality show of Jinger, Lawson and Nathan moving to NYC to experience life in the city. It would also include the wedding of Nathan and Ashley and the wedding of Lawson and Jinger.

I think Jinger and Lawson could work out fine as a couple, we will see where the future leads them. One thing I am certain of is that if there is a Duggar-Bates couple anytime soon it will be a Bates boy and a Duggar girl. I don't think the Duggar men are trusted enough after the Josh scandal to be a proper husband. If there is ever the other way around it will be with the much younger kids 8-10 years down the line.

On the subject of a Bates and Duggar kid getting together, I find it interesting that the kids from both families are friends (their parents are a different issue IMHO),  have socialized quite often and yet nothing has come to pass.    Perhaps something might materialize down the line with the younger kids but really, I suspect that if there was true interest between one of them, we would have seen something of it.    IDK, I can't put my finger on it but I get a feeling that neither family sees the other family as a source for potential mates.  There's just something in the background, maybe it's the frenemy relationship between the parents which to me is quite palpable. 

If there is a Duggar/Bates wedding, it will be a Bates boy and Duggar girl.

The Bateses marry off their daughters to ATI royalty.  In addition all of the Bates girl suitors have jobs outside the home where they can provide for a family.  The Duggar boys have grifting and a cancelled reality show.  

For all of Gil and Kelly's flaws, I just can't see them allowing one of their daughters to marry a man who can't provide for her.

Fire up the rumor mill...Tim Tebow's back on the market...:kitty-shifty:Hope the media leaves Jana out of that...and Joy & Jinger too for that matter.

eh he won't be a potential suitor now. He's publicly given away pieces of his heart.

On the subject of a Bates and Duggar kid getting together, I find it interesting that the kids from both families are friends (their parents are a different issue IMHO),  have socialized quite often and yet nothing has come to pass.    Perhaps something might materialize down the line with the younger kids but really, I suspect that if there was true interest between one of them, we would have seen something of it.    IDK, I can't put my finger on it but I get a feeling that neither family sees the other family as a source for potential mates.  There's just something in the background, maybe it's the frenemy relationship between the parents which to me is quite palpable. 

I still think it'll be Joy. And that we haven't heard anything because she's only just 18. After the backlash from Josiah/Marjorie, I think they'll wait to announce it till she's closer to 19. 19 is still young, but Alyssa got married that young. 

I agree & hope you're right Duggarstheendisnear. I'm wondering if they won't openly dispel any rumors this time like w/ Lawson & Jinger. Of course I hope they do (Famy, looking at you girl!) but if/when Josh is resurfacing I'm sure they'll use whatever they can to divert attention from that...

Oh and from what I'd say the majority of us assume/"know" about Jana, she must get incredibly uncomfortable about these things. I don't find it realistic that she is cut off from what the media says about her family and the romances. How awful for her being dragged into these tabloids for things she does not openly share with the world and really had no choice with being on television in the first place. Even when she marries, I feel pretty sure she'll be no Jill/Jessa media attention seeker.

The problem with the Duggar girl, Bates Boy speculation is that JB likes his girls to marry yes men who will do what he says and stay close to the family.  A Bates boy won't do that.

Thus JB might veto a Bates boy for one of his girls.

On the other hand as others have said, Gill & Kelly marry their girls to people with jobs (and fundy royalty).  I could potentially see them allowing JD to marry a girl (but the ones in his age range are now married, so that's out).  I couldn't see them allowing any of the other boys from what we've seen of them at present.  That said Joe is at crown, and if he has potential plans for a decent job, he may be setting himself up to meet Gills criteria to marry one of the girls. 

For that reason, I think of the old enough crowd, Joe & Carlin/Tori is probably the most likely at the moment.  But not until Joe completes crown and gets a job.  If that is in the works, then they won't announce until at Joe's graduation at the earliest.

I agree & hope you're right Duggarstheendisnear. I'm wondering if they won't openly dispel any rumors this time like w/ Lawson & Jinger. Of course I hope they do (Famy, looking at you girl!) but if/when Josh is resurfacing I'm sure they'll use whatever they can to divert attention from that...

Oh and from what I'd say the majority of us assume/"know" about Jana, she must get incredibly uncomfortable about these things. I don't find it realistic that she is cut off from what the media says about her family and the romances. How awful for her being dragged into these tabloids for things she does not openly share with the world and really had no choice with being on television in the first place. Even when she marries, I feel pretty sure she'll be no Jill/Jessa media attention seeker.

AS much as it pains me to say this, I think Jana is best off marrying someone who works at ATI HQ.  AS much as I want her to leave, I just don't see it happening.   I think she'd do well with friends Michaela and Priscilla nearby too.  

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think both families will do nothing to dispel the rumors because both need the good press. They'll milk it as long as they can (which will likely be until one of them is in a real courtship). More people will watch the Bates if they think they'll get confirmation of the courtship on the show (or even hints of it). And the more the general public speculates about a courtship, the less they'll spend focusing on Josh's failures, which is good for the Duggar brand. Especially if they're hoping that "Counting On" becomes a regular show. 

On the topic of Jana, I've always seen her like Michaela. She very much espouses the values of their cult and seems content in her role (regardless of how much we may wish her to hate it). I think she's either courting quietly (I could see her being one to not announce to the whole world until just before her wedding) or she's still waiting for her perfect fundie husband. I don't see her settling for fundie-lite like her sisters. I see her marrying more of a Brandon. Maybe even someone really hard core into the fundie life. I don't think this is a birth control issue either. I think she'll get married and have a lot of babies in as quick succession as she can to make up for lost time. If anything, what's holding her back could very well be what she can't control: who her parents are and who her brother is. The rumors of Josh existed outside of their circle for so long that I doubt there's anyone in the circle that didn't know. That could be extremely detrimental to finding potential suitors, especially if she's going for royalty. Also, wasn't she the one who said she was having trouble forgiving, which was why she spent so long at JttH? I think it could very easily be that she knew his wrong doings cost her a potential courtship and that's why she has trouble forgiving him. 

I'm well aware that I am fanning rather thin flames here. But... Jessa posted a video of the Duggars getting ready to go caroling. For the briefest second, you can see a man standing next to the piano. A man that looks like it could be Lawson from behind. And there's another short video of Jinger playing the piano at Thanksgiving. Just... something obsessive me noticed.

http://www.people.com/article/jessa-seewald-instagram-duggar-family-thanksgiving

I'm well aware that I am fanning rather thin flames here. But... Jessa posted a video of the Duggars getting ready to go caroling. For the briefest second, you can see a man standing next to the piano. A man that looks like it could be Lawson from behind. And there's another short video of Jinger playing the piano at Thanksgiving. Just... something obsessive me noticed.

http://www.people.com/article/jessa-seewald-instagram-duggar-family-thanksgiving

I didn't see anyone that I thought looked like any Bates. Lots of males I don't recognize were there, though. Maybe we'll get another "we totally forgot we met while caroling" story. Lol

Except that Lawson posted several pics and videos on Instagram and Twitter over the last few days that indicate he was in NC and SC.  

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think both families will do nothing to dispel the rumors because both need the good press. They'll milk it as long as they can (which will likely be until one of them is in a real courtship). More people will watch the Bates if they think they'll get confirmation of the courtship on the show (or even hints of it). And the more the general public speculates about a courtship, the less they'll spend focusing on Josh's failures, which is good for the Duggar brand. Especially if they're hoping that "Counting On" becomes a regular show. 

On the topic of Jana, I've always seen her like Michaela. She very much espouses the values of their cult and seems content in her role (regardless of how much we may wish her to hate it). I think she's either courting quietly (I could see her being one to not announce to the whole world until just before her wedding) or she's still waiting for her perfect fundie husband. I don't see her settling for fundie-lite like her sisters. I see her marrying more of a Brandon. Maybe even someone really hard core into the fundie life. I don't think this is a birth control issue either. I think she'll get married and have a lot of babies in as quick succession as she can to make up for lost time. If anything, what's holding her back could very well be what she can't control: who her parents are and who her brother is. The rumors of Josh existed outside of their circle for so long that I doubt there's anyone in the circle that didn't know. That could be extremely detrimental to finding potential suitors, especially if she's going for royalty. Also, wasn't she the one who said she was having trouble forgiving, which was why she spent so long at JttH? I think it could very easily be that she knew his wrong doings cost her a potential courtship and that's why she has trouble forgiving him. 

this is SUCH a good point.  it's been bugging me why the bates are so much more successful at marrying their kids off within ATI, and why the duggars seem comparatively so slow to marry. with the exception of josh, the only married ones had to look pretty far outside their circle. maybe its less that jb wants "yes men" and more that there aren't too many men and women willing to say yes to a courtship with his kids...  i wonder if the josh rumors have been tainting all of the kids, and what effect they've had on their dating pool.  if that's true i feel really bad for them...

I was probably one of the first people here who thought there was a courtship in the works between Lawson and Jinger but I'm not so sure any more.  I agree with OrangeCat that he wasn't at the TTH for Thanksgiving since he has posted on Twitter and Instagram about his shows in the Carolinas. No evidence of him being there since the end of October or Jinger visiting with the Bates lately.  If they were courting wouldn't some fan have snapped a pic of them by now?  At least Jinger is recognizable enough where fans would notice.  I don't know.  We'll know soon enough though with the Duggar Dillard/Seewald specials in a few weeks and the Bates show in a month.

I think at this point the Nathan courtship announcement will be met with a lot of duhs.

Unless it's Anastasia he's courting and not Ashley.  He is standing next to Anastasia.:my_biggrin: Just for the record I do believe it's Ashley.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived