IGNORED

Jinger and Lawson courting?

SPHASH

Is it unusual for colleges to have yearbooks? Mine did—these massive 10 lb. things—but it never occurred to me to ask friends if their schools had them. Our senior photos, though, were just dressy-ish studio shots, not the big productions that high school senior pics can be.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Pickles Facebook page is reporting that they have "reliable sources" telling them the Lawson/Jinger courtship rumour isn't true. I wonder who these so-called "sources" are?

I don't know why the "official" Duggar Facebook page or the "official" Bateses Instagram just doesn't address the Jinger/Lawson "rumor" and just say it isn't true instead of letting distant relatives and unnamed "reliable sources" try and distract the curious.   They are enjoying the attention they are getting from it. 

I don't know why the "official" Duggar Facebook page or the "official" Bateses Instagram just doesn't address the Jinger/Lawson "rumor" and just say it isn't true instead of letting distant relatives and unnamed "reliable sources" try and distract the curious.   They are enjoying the attention they are getting from it. 

They're milking it lol. I'm sure the Duggars are ecstatic at the thought of another wedding which means another special! To be honest, I don't know if I believe they're courting. But I do think it's very suspicious that nothing has come from the families themselves. Kelly's on a roll with getting her kids married off, I don't see her stopping anytime soon.

Hooray, the question of how many level the bunks have has been solved.  Now the mystery just remains, in a house that big, why do these boys, none of whom are little boys anymore, have to be jammed into bunks with such little headroom?  These bunks would not meet Australian safety guidelines, which require a safety rail around all four sides of the top bunk.  Safety guidelines don't seem to matter terribly much to the Duggars though.

The Duggars have the boys sleep in the camper and their friends sleep in the boy's room whenever company comes to stay. It's a rule that's been in place since the molestations happened.

you answered your own question! After all the bad publicity, something exciting like a Bates/Duggar courtship is huge. 

Because why address the "problem" if there isn't really a "problem." After all, they're generating interest in the Bates' show and the Duggar specials, they're generating good press for the Duggars (which is greatly needed after the last few months), and they're probably well aware that no one is going to believe them that a courtship isn't happening. I mean, the media, despite having reported on how both Tebow AND Jana said there was nothing going on (which, btw, the Duggars didn't address till after Tebow did), still put out a report within the last couple weeks saying that "Jana and Tebow's fling is officially a thing of the past because he's got himself a new girl."

Is it unusual for colleges to have yearbooks? Mine did—these massive 10 lb. things—but it never occurred to me to ask friends if their schools had them. Our senior photos, though, were just dressy-ish studio shots, not the big productions that high school senior pics can be.

Mine didn't have a yearbook. Never heard of a college yearbook actually. 

We had yearbooks, but they weren't nearly as big as my high school ones. They were probably about the height of a regular hardcover textbook and a third of the width.

So let's get this straight, we're supposed to believe asshole Pickles, just because her 'sources' were right about BabyDilly's name?

The Duggars have the boys sleep in the camper and their friends sleep in the boy's room whenever company comes to stay. It's a rule that's been in place since the molestations happened.

Was this a rule because of the molestations, or did they just move the boys out to provide room for guests? Seems to me that if they've built 15 beds in the boys room, then the Duggar boys might stay there too unless there's an enormous influx of guests?  And on the subject of guests, the video Lawson posted, then removed, of him reverse jumping off the chest of drawers...what sort of guest thinks it's ok to be climbing on and jumping off furniture? Even my 2 year old niece knows that jumping on my lounge is not allowed.  Isn't Lawson 23 or something?  

So let's get this straight, we're supposed to believe asshole Pickles, just because her 'sources' were right about BabyDilly's name?

There were several comments on her page this morning when she said they weren't courting that mentioned Free Jinger (Or just "FJ" in a few cases) saying that it was discussed here and who said it. All deleted now.

FJ is her source. :pb_lol:

There were several comments on her page this morning when she said they weren't courting that mentioned Free Jinger (Or just "FJ" in a few cases) saying that it was discussed here and who said it. All deleted now.

FJ is her source. :pb_lol:

We're also the source for a lot of tabloids. Quick, make up something really outrageous and see if it gets published!

What are exactly and for what are senior pictures? We Definetly don't hace them here and I don't quite get the concept. What we have is something like this

orla97.jpg

Pickles seems pretty definite that her source is infallible, would that really be us?  Just supposing there really is a source I was thinking that maybe it's someone involved in filming the show.  Jill said that would be his name in an episode that was filmed before he was born but aired after his birth.  I know they probably have contracts to swear them to secrecy but it wouldn't be the first time something like that happened.  What if this person is now working on the Jill and Jessa specials and told Pickles that there's no courtship.  Not sure if they would know since Jinger isn't a part of the show but who knows.  

What are exactly and for what are senior pictures? We Definetly don't hace them here and I don't quite get the concept. What we have is something like this

orla97.jpg

In the US Senior pictures are what are taken of kids in their final year (year 12/12th grade) of high school.  Not entirely sure why or how it got started. They are normally professionally done pictures. I just coughed up $500 USD for my son's senior pictures. 

In the US Senior pictures are what are taken of kids in their final year (year 12/12th grade) of high school.  Not entirely sure why or how it got started. They are normally professionally done pictures. I just coughed up $500 USD for my son's senior pictures. 

For that kind of money, you could have bought a great camera!

Pickles seems pretty definite that her source is infallible, would that really be us?  Just supposing there really is a source I was thinking that maybe it's someone involved in filming the show.  Jill said that would be his name in an episode that was filmed before he was born but aired after his birth.  I know they probably have contracts to swear them to secrecy but it wouldn't be the first time something like that happened.  What if this person is now working on the Jill and Jessa specials and told Pickles that there's no courtship.  Not sure if they would know since Jinger isn't a part of the show but who knows.  

so Pickles knows someone on the inside - makes sense know - about IDDY's name 

Was this a rule because of the molestations, or did they just move the boys out to provide room for guests? Seems to me that if they've built 15 beds in the boys room, then the Duggar boys might stay there too unless there's an enormous influx of guests?  And on the subject of guests, the video Lawson posted, then removed, of him reverse jumping off the chest of drawers...what sort of guest thinks it's ok to be climbing on and jumping off furniture? Even my 2 year old niece knows that jumping on my lounge is not allowed.  Isn't Lawson 23 or something?  

If I remember correctly, they claimed that the boys sleeping in the camper was because of "safeguards" put in place as a result of his "curiosity."

High school senior pics in the U.S. tend to be moderately big deals, often with the kids posing in studios or out in nature or some special location and wearing something fancy or particularly meaningful to them; they then usually get a dedicated section of the yearbooks where the photos are printed in color, as opposed to everyone else, who just gets the standard B&W "queue up for the photographer, smile, next" photos. It's kind of a ritual a lot of people (though by no means all) go through at the start of senior year.

College photos that I've seen are more like the example you provided, just a simple academic's headshot, more or less. (Not surprised if my school is an outlier for doing yearbooks—any revenue $tream is a good one to them!)

I hated my HS Senior photos.  It was a requirement to submit a professional photo for the yearbook and I knew my parent were only going to purchase the cheapest package possible.  I wore some strange Bill Cosby style sweater and I did my hair in some sort of strange Elvis style.  The photos were not horrible, but I simply hated the experience.  Most of the students in my class went all out and had hundreds of poses and outfit changes. 

I hated my HS Senior photos.  It was a requirement to submit a professional photo for the yearbook and I knew my parent were only going to purchase the cheapest package possible.  I wore some strange Bill Cosby style sweater and I did my hair in some sort of strange Elvis style.  The photos were not horrible, but I simply hated the experience.  Most of the students in my class went all out and had hundreds of poses and outfit changes. 

We just did cap and gown pictures for the yearbook. 

Mine did, but I went to a private women's college with less than 300 seniors. In maybe February they took senior photos both in regular (dressy) clothes and then in an official graduation gown with hood (since we hood our undergraduates). You could buy either or both of them, but they used the plain ones in the yearbook. I have all four years' worth, but am only in the last year's. 

The state university where I'm currently a graduate student does apparently also take senior pictures, and has a yearbook as well, although I've never seen one. They certainly don't do anything for the graduate students.

Please, oh PLEASE, can you post this photo? At the very least, I want to see the sweater. I love a good Cosby sweater!

Neither of my colleges had yearbooks, way too big. I did have nice pictures taken in a studio wearing both a dress and my cap and gown. A lot of my fellow grads did it and we even exchanged pics on graduation day. I have no idea if this is common, but for us it was just fun :)

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived